Page 100 of 782 FirstFirst ... 5090959899100101102105110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    1. Shouldn't Mad Enhancement lower his Luck, not increase it?
    Mad Enhancement Rank B clearly states 'Rank-up to all stats'. I don't include Noble Phantasm there, though.

2. If he was intended to be a Servant summoned by Illya in some story, as Vagrant suggested, wouldn't she have just forced Mad Enhancement on him anyway. For that matter, couldn't any Master just force Mad Enhancement on him?
    I'm fairly sure the Master does not decide the Berserker's rank in ME. Otherwise why would anyone have rank C or lower? Also, Vagrant's speculation was merely that.

3. You mention that he doesn't mind that he was killed by Chulainn, even though Chulainn resorted to trickery. How does he feel about his son avenging his death by resorting to schemes and magical weapons?
    Uh, Cú Chulainn had his own vast collection of magical tools, so I don't see how that would be an issue. It is the son's duty to bring honor back to his father, and the Ulster Cycle's perspective on chivalry and fairness was not as high-handed as in the Fenian Cycle, I think.

Blog Entries
    I call upon the powers of Five_X and Seika to make a Servant sheet for Caligula!
    Of course, this is just a challenge I hope at least one of you will take up. Keeping in mind: have fun with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He'd be Servant Rider, easily.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    More than likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    More than likely.
    Also, Incitatus would be sassy and voiced by none other than Eddie Murphy.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Mad Enhancement Rank B clearly states 'Rank-up to all stats'. I don't include Noble Phantasm there, though.

I'm fairly sure the Master does not decide the Berserker's rank in ME. Otherwise why would anyone have rank C or lower? Also, Vagrant's speculation was merely that.

Uh, Cú Chulainn had his own vast collection of magical tools, so I don't see how that would be an issue. It is the son's duty to bring honor back to his father, and the Ulster Cycle's perspective on chivalry and fairness was not as high-handed as in the Fenian Cycle, I think.
    Didn't realize Luck was boosted if the Rank was high enough.

Actually, I'm fairly sure it's either some combination of what they are naturally capable of (someone who killed an unfaithful lover in a blind rage, but then calmed down and was remorseful isn't going to have as high a Rank as someone who was magically driven into a city-destroying frenzy for example) and what the Master decides. Herc didn't want Mad Enhancement active because it only made Illya suffer more and even under Mad Enhancement he'd disobey her orders if it was necessary to protect her. Pretty sure he'd gladly lower his Rank if he had the option. For a less canon example, in Fate/Extra Rani has Lu Bu's Mad Enhancement jacked up so high the guy is a nearly mindless robot. Pretty sure a guy who considered himself clever like Lu Bu wouldn't want that. The stat we are given is what they are naturally capable of if the Master doesn't boost it further is my idea.

I see. I was basing my assessment on Diramuid's sense of chivalry even though he's from a completely different cycle. Much thanks!

I call upon the powers of Five_X and Seika to make a Servant sheet for Caligula!
    Of course, this is just a challenge I hope at least one of you will take up. Keeping in mind: have fun with it!
    More than likely.
    Oh, God, was that a sex joke? I actually watched the movie with that actor from A Clockwork Orange... *gets nauseous at the memories*
    Last edited by G-Man; May 22nd, 2012 at 01:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    I noticed this during the Mad Enhancement debate a few days ago, though I'm not sure what it actually means.

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spi...85356_full.jpg

The Noble Phantasm stat actually does have the "buffed rank" yellow bar highlight. I can't imagine any actual benefit, though, unless it just means the NPs hit even harder than usual...?

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    Oh, God, was that a sex joke? I actually watched the movie with that actor from A Clockwork Orange... *gets nauseous at the memories*
    Nah, it was a joke about Caligula's crazy horse. Who could totally talk or something, yeah.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    I noticed this during the Mad Enhancement debate a few days ago, though I'm not sure what it actually means.

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spi...85356_full.jpg

The Noble Phantasm stat actually does have the "buffed rank" yellow bar highlight. I can't imagine any actual benefit, though, unless it just means the NPs hit even harder than usual...?
    For all we know they simply messed up that image. Or maybe the NP is considered a rank higher for the purpose of resolving effects where NP rank becomes relevant (like God Hand, for example). I honestly don't know, and making a choice will only draw the ire of those who have other ideas, so it's easier to just ignore it.

Nah, it was a joke about Caligula's crazy horse. Who could totally talk or something, yeah.
    I totally forgot reading about that when I was in middle school. So... his NP is an ancient Roman Mr. Ed?

In Brazil, everybody's hands are burning red.
    HOYLGUY RAIDAA NO SAABANTO

The Unfading Light of the Lake Lancelot's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    what? like this?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Aww, shit yes, guys.

THE EAST IS BURNING RED!

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries

Name: Hua Mulan
    Class: Archer
    Other Classes: Saber, Lancer, Rider, Striker

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance:
    C
    Agility:
    C
    Mana:
    C
    Luck:
    B+

Legend

The Ballad of Hua Mulan is a famous tale about a young woman back in Han-dynasty China who took her ageing father's place in the war effort by pretending to be a man. She does so for twelve long years, is promoted with several honours and finally returns home to her family, having never once revealed her secret to anyone in the army she'd lived with day in, day out for those twelve years. It's an inspiring tale, but sadly Hua Mulan doesn't actually exist. Several variants of the ballad give Hua's family name as Zhu or Wei, and it is in these alternate identities that the secret of Hua Mulan is hidden.

The Ballad of Hua Mulan is no more than a poem to a fictional woman, in honour of the many women who had done just as Mulan was described to have done - disguised themselves as men to fight in the Chinese army. Over the centuries there have been countless women who have done such a thing, and it is from their collective actions of similarity that the legend of Hua Mulan arose. Because of this, the Servant Mulan is actually composited from multiple women who have become nameless wraiths, a vessel that can tap into their memories and experiences and knowledge to a degree. Whilst she identifies herself as a unique individual Hua Mulan she is well aware of her status as a fictional composition, and her dearest wish is to have a chance to be able to live a real life and honour all the efforts made by the women who gave her the chance to exist.

Class Skills:

Independent Action (C): Mulan is able to exist for up to 24 hours without a Master’s contract or an alternative prana source.

Magic Resistance (D): Cancel Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills:

Chinese Martial Arts (A-): Through the amalgamated knowledge of the women who compose her being, Mulan has a firm grip on multiple styles of wushu combat, though not quite to the level of being considered a master. When utilising appropriate close-range martial arts weapons or fighting unarmed Mulan receives a bonus in the form of a Rank Up to STR and AGI. Her meditative mind formed from the discipline required for these arts also provides a certain degree of protection against mental influences or hindrances, equivalent to Rank C Bravery.

Deception (A): Mulan is skilled enough in the art of deceit and trickery that she is able to fool practically anybody. This skill's uses vary from simply masking her true intentions and lying with extreme effectiveness to being able to completely change her identity. Properly utilised, she adopts mannerisms, accents, speech patterns, idiosyncratic habits and roles to convincingly fool nearly anyone, to the point where the legends tell of how she was able to pass as a man for twelve years in the military.

Eternal Arms Mastership (C): As a conglomerate identity formed through the legend of many female warriors, Mulan has a high level of skill in multiple weapons and a mind that is ever-shifting and multi-layered, preventing her martial prowess from being too hindered by mental states or influences and other such conditions.

Eye of the Mind (True) (C): Heightened insight that was refined through the vast accumulated experience of the many women whose actions have been attributed to the single warrior Hua Mulan. At this rank Mulan is able to remain calm even when in danger and come up with a strategy to try and defeat her opponents. If it looks unlikely that she is going to win, she has a moderate chance of being able to perform an act that tips the odds back into in her favour.

Information Erasure (D): Because Hua Mulan is a legendary mystery and is in fact not even a singular person she has a passive ability as a Servant that prevents others from recalling her various abilities after battling her. Combined with her high Deception Rank this means that it can be very hard for others to discern her true identity, and combined with Uncrowned Arms Mastership it means that each encounter resets, causing the opponent to continue to underestimate Mulan each time they cross paths.

Uncrowned Arms Mastership (C): In their lifetimes the various women who contributed to the legend of Hua Mulan each honed their combat skills, and in rebirth as a Servant Mulan has compiled all of these aspects in a way that is not easily recognised by others. Until her true name is discerned her Noble Phantasm and her Skills of Eternal Arms Mastership and Chinese Martial Arts appear to foes as being one rank lower and her Deception skill is completely masked, hiding her true skill and identity.

Divided As One
    Two Hares Running Side By Side

Type: Anti-Unit

Description: The Ballad of Hua Mulan ends with an abstract comment about two hares that run forever as a pair, a male and a female hare. This statement is representative of the feminine Mulan and the masculine aspect that she feigned for twelve long years in the military service, and is an allegorical commentary on the many women who posed as men to fight in the wars for their familes. Mulan manifests these aspects as her weapons, most commonly in the form of the masculine arrow and the feminine bow that carries it on its path. However, she is able to manifest them in other forms of wushu weaponry, always with a feminine and a masculine slant. Her second most common combo is a razor-edged fan and a meteor hammer for short- and mid-range offensive capabilities. She is even able to manipulate forms at a moment’s notice, often transforming her masculine arrow into a jian sword mid flight, whilst changing her bow into a defensive tonfa to defend herself until her next attack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DESIGNER NOTES:

- Hua Mulan was a tough one for me to design as an Archer, I think it'd be easier to make her a Lancer, Rider or even a Saber. Since she was for a planned fic though, she needed to fit the class left available for her. In the end I'm glad she did, as I feel she ended up a lot more unique this way.
    - Her role in this story was to act as a challenge for a Sherlock Holmes servant, which can be seen in the combo of skills. He'd see her as a man, her NP is deliberately vague and unless he managed to figure out her true identity in the middle of the immediate battle he'd be back to square one at the end of it.
    - Admittedly, she's skill-heavy, with a total of six Personal Skills. But given that three of them function together as a combo to just "make it harder to guess who she is" and are basically needed together, I feel okay about it. She's still a rather low-tier servant given that half her skills don't apply any real value to a combat situation.
    - She definitely lacks in power as an Archer, so she's purely a "story function" Servant, but with her high Deception skill you could probably do a pretty good job using her as a pseudo-Assassin.
    -Deception doesn't allow her to simply "take on a guise" like an illusion, she actually has to assemble a disguise, she's just masterful with makeup and the small details, plus the mental traits.
    - Chinese Martial Arts was originally B+, but since it was pointed out that "you don't really learn it until Rank A" she now has it at Rank A-.
    - I've taken up the mantra of all other Archers with her NP: If in doubt, shoot a sword at someone.
    Last edited by Vagrant; December 18th, 2012 at 02:16 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    *snip*
    Hmmm... Oh yeah! Uncrowned Arms Mastership is pretty Karna exclusive, what with his legend and all that. I think it is reasonable to say that you could include the effects of it in the Deception skill. Also I do not see why Eternal Arms Mastership is needed, especially since she is not a Berserker and Chinese Martial Arts give mental interference protection equivalent to Bravery C, which is the only thing you would need EAM for if you are not Berserk.

Other than that, it is pretty coo'.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    The EAM was there because through the multiple lifetimes of experience she has excellent levels of skill with basically any Wushu weapon and avoids mental interference by "mind shuffling" in a way, which isn't really something that can be achieved by the Chinese Martial Arts skill, given its core is jumping her mental state between the multiple women who compose her legend. It is worth consideration though, as is combining Uncrowned Arms Mastership with Deception.

They're primarily there for their different "flavour", similar to how Instinct and EOTM True seem to be, but it is possible to sacrifice the flavour for more compact skills, I guess. Thanks for the imput, much appreciated, I actually hadn't considered those possibilities.
    Last edited by Vagrant; May 23rd, 2012 at 12:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Now, this Servant is not connected to any particular story idea. I just really wanted to stat her. It might be my favorite Servant sheet of all I've done so far.

BÁTHORI ERZSÉBET

(Countess Elizabeth Báthory de Ecsed)
    Servant: Caster (Lancer)

Height: 160 cm
    Weight: 51 kg
    Three sizes: 84/57/81

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Appearance: Short, wiry black hair descends barely past her shoulders. Narrow chocolate eyes are framed by thin eyebrows and a flat nose with a high bridge. Her skin is deathly pale but her thin lips are almost purple as if she were suffering from hypothermia. Her clothes are obviously not something that would have been worn in her time, although the basic design seems to be inspired by 16th-century dresses. While from the waist down her black full skirt is properly modest and made ample with a wide farthingale, the black bodice that should cover her torso has an awfully lock neckline that narrows into a V-shaped gap long enough to display her cleavage and her bellybutton. The bodice is fastened with a single golden hook in the shape of a dragon biting its own tail.

Strength E+
    Endurance D+
    Agility C
    Magic A+
    Luck C
    Noble Phantasm D

Class Skills:
    * Item Construction: The skill to manufacture magical items.
    B – Capable of creating artificial Magic Circuits, both external and internal.
    * Territory Creation: The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus.
    B+ – Creation of a ‘Workshop’ becomes possible. Elizabeth Báthory’s unique brand of Magecraft allows her to create potent large-scale bounded fields to sustain and protect her territory.

Personal Skills:
    * Innocent Monster: The name of the monster that had his past and way of being distorted because of the image that was born from his behavior in the previous life. Both abilities and appearance were transformed. Incidentally, this equipment (Skill) cannot be removed.
    B – ‘Csejte ungarische Nachzehrer’. Elizabeth Báthory was an unhinged magus, but it was rumor and folklore that turned her into a monster. Appearance and abilities have been changed; she has truly become a Teutonic vampire.
    * Magecraft: Knowledge about modern Thaumaturgy.
    B+ – Advanced knowledge of orthodox Thaumaturgy, with a focus on her unique discipline of ‘Haemomancy’.
    * Magic Resistance: Grants protection against magical effects.
    D – Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Noble Phantasm:
    Báthori Címere
    Draconic Emblem of the Blood Countess

Range: 0
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

The coat of arms of the Báthory line has gained the status of a supernatural mystery due to its historical, mystical and mythical weight. It is related to the Signum Draconis of the Societas Draconistrarum, the chivalric order the ancestors of Báthory belonged to, which also connects them to the royal line of Wallachia, the Dracul. The symbol is also connected to the Order of St. George and works as a conceptualization of the multiple accounts of dragon-slaying that make part of the ancestry of the Báthory line. Elizabeth Báthory carries it in the form of a necklace.

Regardless of its form, the Draconic Emblem of the Blood Countess adds the ‘Anti-Dragon’ property to all of Elizabeth Bathory’s attacks, physical or magical. It also grants the Blood Countess the equivalent of Magic Resistance D. Just like Medea’s Argon Coin, Báthori Címere also carries the potential to summon the legendary dragon of Ecsedi Marsh. Unfortunately, the knowledge of dragon summoning was lost long before Elizabeth Bathory’s time.

Background
    Spoiler:

“Why should I stop myself from using this gift to protect the things I hold dear? Anything I can do; everything I can do, without hesitation, I…”

A mighty magus who rarely smiles. Perpetually locked in a youthful appearance, it is still hard for her to conceal the aged weariness and experience reflected in her sharp eyes the color of chocolate. To this woman, there is a time for pleasure and a time for work, and pleasure is too rare a commodity. She has too many things to do, all for the sake of whatever duty she has appointed for herself at the time. It is precisely that single-mindedness that makes her both innocent and cruel at the same time. Elizabeth Báthory is both aware of her appealing looks yet uninterested in seducing others, and she might sometimes do the most provoking and enticing gestures without the slightest intention. For a person immortalized in legend as the cruelest of killers and her major lack of outward expression, she is a surprisingly outgoing, respectful and amiable person, as long as you don’t get in the way of whatever she is devoted to at the moment. She is undeniably vain, self-centered and narcissistic, perhaps because she truly believes that she and her work are the stuff of greatness and thus deserving of undivided care and attention. A person who does not share her highest opinion on her greatness and that of her magic will quickly find herself Elizabeth’s enemy. Furthermore, whatever chance she had of connecting with others was ruined by the mental disease that was the bane of her family—from an early age, like many among those of the blood of Báthory, Erzsébet suffered from terrible fits and bursts of uncontrollable rage and wanton savagery that more often than not was unleashed on hapless furniture. This only added to her reputation and to the public image that ruined her in the end.

Erzsébet was born into the renowned Hungarian magus family of Báthory, the second child of George and Anna. While she was diagnosed to have thirteen magic circuits, she lacked any of the standard Elemental Affinities, which rendered her incompatible with her family’s Earth-based tradition, even if she was born the heir. Instead, she was engaged to another magus of renown in the area, Ferenc Nádasdy, at the age of eleven. When they married three and half years later, Erzsébet moved to her new husband’s castle in Sárvár. What her husband never found out was that a year earlier his wife had a humble peasant take her virginity and impregnate her, merely as an experiment on the experience of pregnancy and motherhood. What could have easily become a terrible scandal in the midst of Hungarian aristocracy mattered little to the clinically cold young lady.

The couple did not spend much time together, what with Ferenc’s studies and later the war against the Ottomans. With all the time in the world and little to do beyond administrating her husband’s lands, Erzsébet took to the arcane arts that had been denied to her in her early years. Fortunately for her, her husband’s most basic literature was not ensorcelled or protected, allowing her to develop her magic pretty much in a self-taught manner. Erzsébet was determined and possessed an incredible tolerance to pain; failure only drove her to try harder to find the branch of magic she could excel at. She quickly learned that using her own blood, either as a reagent in potion-making or as a component in a ritual, almost always resulted in unexpected and rarely negative effects. Further research led her to conclude that her Elemental Affinity was likely to be ‘Life’, a variation of the Fifth Imaginary Element. Using her blood as the representation of the ‘flow of life’ and Alchemy as a basis, Erzsébet developed a thaumaturgical foundation and quickly grew in power and skill. It is truly lamentable that what could have become a potent Thaumaturgical System was completely lost with her passing.

At the same time her research became fruitful, the threat of the expanding Ottoman Empire knocked at the front doors of her territory. Located precisely on the road to rich and wondrous Vienna, her husband’s Csejte Castle and surrounding village were most definitely relevant targets. Their numbers would never be sufficient but, if she could somehow use her Magecraft to protect her lands…

Erzsébet turned to her latest research: the creation of artificial Magic Circuits. Warfare was normally a job for men, but, if she could assemble a cabal of magi out of the otherwise hapless women, then they would have a better chance to prevent Csejte from ever falling!

It started with those she believed possessed magical talent. She would awaken their Magic Circuits and reveal to them the world of mysteries that fate would have otherwise denied them. Once she had a small group of followers, the collection of subjects for the trial implantations began in earnest.

There were successes, eventually; commendable achievements that speak volumes of Báthori Erzsébet’s genius at Thaumaturgy. However, before those successes, there were also many, many failures: pitiful young women who suffered horrible agony as they fell apart upon a lamentable attempt to contain an unnatural structure both the World and their own bodies earnestly rejected. At the beginning, Erzsébet lamented and wept over every single death. But she was a researcher with a mission; her devotion to her objective became reckless abandon and an unhealthy obsession. Every failure became a step closer to fruition. Her mind was able to justify her atrocious experiments, and she never looked back or regretted anything. The broken bodies and pools of blood left behind by the sacrificed test subjects were morbidly recycled and used for other avenues of research—their blood vessels and nervous systems embedded into the very walls of Csejte Castle and used as external channels for the conversion of ambient mana into prana to power the formidable defenses of the castle and the ever-increasing amount of magical experiments taking place in the dungeons Erzsébet had claimed as her workshop. In her determination to protect her land and its people, she almost dragged them to hell along with her.

The conclusion of this pitiful story is as well-known in the revealed history. The countless deaths consequence of Erzsébet’s unending research could not remain hidden forever, not even with Magecraft. The odd happenings at Csejte eventually caught the attention of the wrong people, and the brilliant and unhinged magus was brought to justice. While the Mages’ Association would have loved to get its hands on the records of her research, Erzsébet took down all of Csejte’s magical defenses before she was locked away, allowing everything to be destroyed by the angry mob which assaulted the underground dungeons in outrage and disgust at the public version of the grim happenings that took place in there. Demon summoning, bathing in blood for the sake of eternal youth—those are ridiculous lies, but they conceal a truth just as outrageous and further add to the weight of her legend. Regardless of why all those women died in the dungeons of Csejte Castle, Báthori Erzsébet has been immortalized as the most prolific female serial killer in history. A woman who started with the best of intentions, unhesitatingly stepping into a horrendous road to ruin.

Keywords
    Csejte ungarische Nachzehrer
    The tales of her abominable murders have distorted Elizabeth Bathory’s legend to the point that her appearance and abilities have been modified accordingly. Aside from the standard blood drinking, the Nachzehrer can literally inhale her victim’s life force solely by maintaining eye contact and opening her mouth. Once the initial eye contact is established, she can continue draining even after the person has disappeared from sight up to a certain distance. Any person with a modicum of magic resistance can resist the drain, however.

While she does not possess the Curse of Restoration of True Ancestors and Dead Apostles, she can easily reproduce its effects with her Blood Magic.

Noble Phantasm: Báthori Címere
    The coat of arms of House Báthory, both at the heraldic and magical level. A representation of the family’s ancient inheritance as dragon-slayers. Strangely enough, the distortion of her legend allows Elizabeth Bathory to be summoned as a Lancer-class Servant under certain circumstances, despite no record of her ever having fought in the front line. As a Lancer, she would also receive the legendary spear of her ancestor Bátor Opos (also known as Vitus), Animus Magnanimus, which always ensures a lethal hit on the third strike. Were she to be summoned in the ruins of Csejte Castle, she would be able to restore it as a potent magical fortification; a territory on the level of a ‘Temple’ most suitable for her.

As Lancer

Strength D+
    Endurance C+
    Agility B
    Magic C+
    Luck D
    Noble Phantasm B

Class Skills:
    * Magic Resistance: Grants protection against magical effects.
    C – Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. The Magic Resistance provided by her Noble Phantasm is boosted by her summoning into the Lancer class.

Noble Phantasm:
    Animus Magnanimus
    Condemnation in Three Steps

Range: 2-4
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

The spear of Vitus, the legendary ancestor of the Báthory family line, strangely gifted to the most notorious member of the family upon ascendance to the Throne of Heroes. It is a beautiful spear in the color of freshly spilled blood, and both its appearance and ability suggest a connection to the unfailing spears of Norse tradition. The spear carries both the ‘anti-dragon’ and ‘anti-demon’ qualities, as it is a sanctified weapon wielded by a formidable dragon-slayer.

The wielder may invoke the name of the weapon after scoring two successful wounds on a potential target. For all purposes, a “successful wound” is defined as “a wound of depth such that it would draw blood”, so as to take into account enemies that do not bleed. If this condition is fulfilled, the third attack, made after calling out the Noble Phantasm’s name, is inscribed into the book of fate as an unblockable, undodgeable attack that strikes for the enemy’s vital point to inflict a decisively lethal wound. Only those blessed with fortune that defies fate itself have a chance at avoiding the mortal blow.

The lethality of the attack is ensured by the magical nature of the weapon, regardless of the nature of the opponent. Living beings with distinguishable organs will take a hit to the heart or the brain and Servants will be struck directly at their spiritual core. Even entities without obvious vital organs will find that the spear will automatically seek whatever counts as a “vital spot” in their anatomy. Animus Magnanimus “perceives” the most straightforward means to inflict “death” upon its target, no matter how obscure or well-concealed the method may be, and it may go as far as to find and strike the fundamental “point of death” revealed by Mystic Eyes of Death Perception if there is absolutely no other way to ensure the target’s demise.

Naturally, the spear has no effect on entities to which the very concept of death simply does not apply. Furthermore, its function is entirely automatic following invocation—it grants the wielder no knowledge of its target’s weak spot or resistance to the phenomenon called death.

Unique Magecraft: Haemomancy
    While blood is a common component in thaumaturgic procedures, Elizabeth Báthory formalized its application and accomplished things with blood that no other magus to this day has achieved. Haemomancy is an art that could have only been developed by this woman who possesses the affinity of ‘Life’ and the Origin of ‘Composition’. It is pointless to describe it in detail, but what follows are a few examples of what Elizabeth Báthory can achieve with her unique brand of Magecraft.

• Safely converting her blood circulation system into an additional Magic Circuit.
    • Enriching her blood with prana with full control of the concentration. She may thus enhance her regeneration or store her blood in vials as highly potent healing or prana potions.
    • In the same way, she can forcefully kick-start cell growth and division in her living enemies, wracking them with deadly tumors.
    • Converting her own blood into a pathogenic agent she can forcefully feed to her enemies.
    • Tracking people and observing distant locations after placing a drop of her blood on them.
    • Replace her prana with blood when using Gradation Air, effectively creating ‘blood items’.
    • She can create ‘blood crystals’ in which she may then store contingent Magecraft, or even ‘paint’ spells on a surface by drawing the proper geometric structures with her blood.
    • Instantaneously kill the erythrocytes in her victim’s blood with a touch.
    • The temporary boosts to her Parameters are achieved by using Haemomancy as an alternative to the standard Reinforcement.

By itself, Elizabeth Báthory’s blood is a magical component of the highest quality. She requires smaller amounts of blood to create larger effects than any other magus in history. Thus, she can safely use her own blood to create gigantic magical circles for ultra-large-scale rituals.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; January 7th, 2013 at 01:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'd thought about using Bathory as a Caster in a planned story (the same one my Mulan and Paris were for before I turned them into RP characters), but then I saw that version of her, and it completely blew away anything I could come up with so I decided not to. ^^; I'd been stuck on a Noble Phantasm or spells, but you pretty much nailed it with a really good backstory rationale for how she got Innocent Monster and why she was a magus. I'm a very big fan of that take on her. My only suggestion is a cosmetic thing I did for the description of mine: making the left half of her gown blood-soaked to match the way the right half of Vlad's armor was bloodied in Extra. Innocent Monsters have to stick together!

...It makes me feel like a poor critic when that's the most input I can suggest. I wonder if she could get away with Self-Modification for one more Personal Skills, but Medea only had two, after all. A third might be unnecessary fluff.

---

Mmm, this one belongs to someone very close to me, but I got permission from them to post it because I was so fond of the concept after it was scrapped for an RP. I thought it was really neat, so hopefully others do too. ^^

True Name: Lady Nohime
    Class: Assassin
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

Parameters:
    Noble Phantasm: B
    Strength: C
    Agility: A
    Magic: B
    Endurance: D
    Luck: C

Appearance:
    A beautiful Japanese woman in her late twenties, Assassin has skin as pale as snow and inky black hair pinned up into an elegant bun, leaving bangs to frame either side of her face that fade to a dark violet at the ends. Her hairpins are dark blue and gold with a butterfly motif. Her lips and nails are made up in matching shades of plum. She typically dresses in a deep purple kimono, tied with a black and gold obi, and the right side of the kimono has dark blue butterflies dancing across the fabric. A sheathed short sword hangs at her waist, but she otherwise carries no obvious weapons, keeping two small firearms concealed in the sleeves of her kimono.

Class Abilities:
    Presence Concealment
    The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. This rank is suitable for spying.

Personal Skills:
    Expert of Many Specializations
    Access to and use of many expert skills. Skills ranging from rudimentary thaumaturgy, swordsmanship, riding, archery, tactics, espionage, and other skills relevant to other classes may be used with proficiency of Rank C or higher. Assassin accomplishes this through her extensive training and preparation to spy on her father's behalf, known to have included swordsmanship and varied martial arts.

Gullibility
    A curse derived from innocence. Despite her great intelligence and training as a spy, Assassin is surprisingly willing to accept many things she overhears at face value. Because of a rumor that Nohime was intentionally fed false information by Nobunaga that he was able to exploit, Assassin is quick to believe any information that seems reasonably plausible.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Azuchi - The Rumored False Trail
    Type: Support
    After the Incident at Honnou-ji, although Nobunaga and his son lost their lives, Nohime disappeared without a trace. Some speculated she lost her life at the temple, but others believed she survived by disguising herself as one of Nobunaga's other surviving wifes or female servants. One such servant, Lady Azuchi, disappeared in the night shortly after arrival. Her life and death shrouded in mystery, Azuchi represents the ambiguity that permeates every aspect of her legend.

Rather than the ability to shroud her identity and attributes from perception, the effect of this Noble Phantasm is to automatically plant false information in the minds of anyone who perceives Assassin directly. Masters recognize her statistics based on their preconceptions of what class she must be and the slightest misleading evidence is seductive and persuasively accepted as fact. Should any of the information obtained be found to be false, seemingly accurate but misleading assumptions will be made. Only by voluntary disclosure or eliminating every logical alternative can her true identity and class be correctly recognized.

Honnou-ji - The Blade of Betrayed History
    An "Anti-Legend" Noble Phantasm. Although known to have committed suicide after being betrayed by the forces of Akechi Mitsuhide, Oda Nobunaga's remains were never found, despite the surrounding army that forced him to his end. Although her direct involvement, if any, cannot be proven, the seemingly ordinary wakizashi blade that Assassin carries at her side is the one used to end the life of the legendary daimyo himself and break his dream of unifying Japan under his rule. Crystallizing the mysterious end of Oda Nobunaga, the function of Honnou-ji is not to inflict physical injury, but to enforce an "ending" on the history of those injured by its blade.

What Honnou-ji cuts is not the body, but the bonds of history which tie the target to the present world. Without spilling a drop of blood, the very existence of the victim in the present is negated, not reversing their past but definitively ending their present and turning them into an empty space in history. The weakness of this Noble Phantasm is that the greater the historical significance of a target, the more bonds must be severed in order for this Noble Phantasm's effect to fully take root, requiring a larger number of successful attacks from the otherwise ordinary and vulnerable blade. A famous Servant would require more wounds than Assassin is skilled enough to deliver in single combat, unless she takes her time and wounds them by degrees over time. However, even partial damage to a Servant's history may be enough to result in the reduced rank or potential loss of skills and Noble Phantasms. Cut bonds may slowly regenerate over time, but a completely cut history may never be recovered.

While grossly inefficient as a combat weapon against particularly famous Heroic Spirits, it goes without saying that most modern humans have neglible ties to history at best, making Honnou-ji devastatingly effective against enemy Masters and modern lifeforms of all kinds. Even a glancing cut may be enough to wipe out the existence of a human magus.

Legend:
    The famous wife of Oda Nobunaga, Lady Nohime (born with the common name of Kichou) was the daughter of a daimyo who was said to be extremely intelligent and stunningly beautiful. She was called a genius and a goddess by Nobunaga, although many believed the marriage to be purely political. In fact, it was speculated that his true love was one of his concubines who bore his first son. Many suggest that Nouhime only married him to act as a spy or assassin on her father's behalf and that she avoided having his son because there was no love between the couple. One story alleges that Nobunaga exploited her spying to relay false information to her father, causing him to execute his own loyal servants.

Some believe she did love Nobunaga, however, and that she stood by the so-called demon lord even when her failure to conceive an heir led him away from her. Whatever the truth, Nouhime remained with the daimyo until his death at Honnou-ji Temple, after which she unaccountably vanished at the same time his remains disappeared. Vanishing into the mists of history, Nouhime's life and intentions were left unclear - was she a loyal wife who truly wanted her husband to conquer the world, or was she a spy and a murderer involved in his downfall? Would she wish for his success or an even earlier tragedy?
    Last edited by Sunny; May 23rd, 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Signature by fumato

Once again, Cyber Angel, you blow me away with another quality sheet. Her NPs are really unique and emphasize that she is NOT a frontline fighter. She is an assassin and, surprisingly, information is her tool to success. Everything blends smoothly and actually looks like a legitimate Servant to summon (barring the Hassan rule, of course).

Bravo.

Edit: Derp. Noticed that you didn't write this sheet. Oh well, it is still good quality.
    Last edited by MssrNeko; May 23rd, 2012 at 06:38 AM.

Spoiler:

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of Sengoku Era Servants... Here's a girl that you might see in one future project of mine~ - 3- ----------------------------------------------------

Picture

"Why do you think tigers are strong? Because they're strong by nature!"

Rider
    Spirit: Maeda Keiji
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Strength: B
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: A+
    Noble Phantasm: A

Abilities:

Independent Action
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At the higher ranks it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without a established contract.
    • B:Can remain in this world for a week even after losing his Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great prana consumption, back up from the Master is necessary. However, as this skill is born from the untamed spirit of the Servant, it also grants her a higher chance of ignoring at least part of Command Spell’s orders.

Riding
    The expertise andskill to ride animals and vehicles.
    • B: Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Demonic Beast and Holy Beast-rank creatures.

Details:

The most mysterious warrior of Sengoku Period Japan.

She was born on a unknown year to Takigawa Kazumasu, a rare daughter amongst many sons. In a time-period where strong heirs were needed and women were looked down upon, Takigawa realized that if the word got out that his “heir” was actually a woman, it would mean a disgrace in the eyes of the other lords. Therefore, after naming her “Toshimasu”, a masculine name, he sent her to Maeda Toshihisa, without revealing the child’s true gender.

Under Toshihisa, Toshimasu was trained in martial arts and literature, without anyone knowing that she was, in fact, a girl. Thanks to her unruly behavior and wild antics, everyone who met eventually thought that she was nothing more than a rascal boy. However, after some time had passed, Toshihisa’s health started to fail. Toshimasu was adopted by Toshiie, her young uncle. Toshiie was the first one to discover her true gender, which sparked many conflicts between the two. In the end, Toshimasu stole the Maeda-family’s heirloom sword and escaped from her home, while still working in name under the Maeda-family.

During the following years, Toshimasu took part in many conflicts for the Maeda-clan, and was rewarded handsomely for it. However, after Toshihisa passed away, it caused a falling out between Toshimasu and Toshiie, and so, she left the Maeda family and escaped to Kyoto, where she took the name “Maeda Keiji” for the first time.

After this, Keiji became a travelling ronin, offering her services to whoever paid, while also enjoying and writing down poems and art of the villages she passed through. She quickly became known as an avid collector of all sorts of arts, and was mentioned many times in folk-songs. It was during this time that she formed a bond of friendship with Toyotomi Hideyoshi. Eventually, she was approached by Naoe Kanetsugu, who invited her to the service of the Uesugi-clan. She served valiantly in the Keicho-Dewa Conflict, and was known as the terror of the battlefields, fighting of thousands of warriors to ensure the safety of the commanders. It was during this time that the rumors of her being a giant started circulating, as soldiers defeated by her did not want to admit to having lost to a woman.

After the end of the conflict, Keiji’s actions become hazy. Some say that she went to live like a hermit in a temple. However, other tales tell that Keiji, who had been under tens of aliases over the years, took yet another name for herself as she moved back to Kyoto Prefecture. There, she gathered a group of female outcasts, prostitutes and taught them in the ways of the kabukimono like herself, such as dancing, acting, singing and fighting. This was what evolved into kabuki theater, something that grew immensely popular over the following years.

After attaining vast wealth from sponsors and becoming national sensation, she eventually withdrew from the spotlight, and lived the rest of her life shrouded in mystery. No actual records exist of her death, but there are theories that lend their stories to the festivals of current times.

Whatever the truth may be, in this story, Maeda Keiji is believed to have taken the name, Izumo no Okuni, at somepoint.

Skills:

Eternal Arms Mastership
    Prevents degradation of fighting skills when under the effect of mental hindrance.
    • C: Fighting skills are said to be amongst the greatest of the Servant’s’ own era. Even if Servant falls under mental interference, it is possible to continue fighting , although abilities are downgraded a bit.

Eye of Art
    Infatuation with works of art and capability of recognizing them.
    • A: As long as the Noble Phantasm possesses artistic anecdotes, it is possible to figure out its true name, or at least determine from what part of the world it comes from. As a downside, the Servant is easily distracted by art.

Instinct
    The power to "feel" the most favorable developments for oneself during battle.
    • B: Is nearly akin to a sixth sense, as the events on the battlefield must not appear in the Servant’s field of vision in order to be understood.

Nature of Untamed Wild Spirit
    The Servant possesses a personality and spirit that are in odds with anyone he or she ever meets. For a Servant like this no “kindred spirit” can be found, unless under extremely rare circumstances. Servant’s way of life and actions remain enigmatic to others who see him or her.
    • A+: In battle, the actions and thought-process of the Servant cannot be anticipated. Negates skills and abilities that learn and adapt to the fighting style of the Servant, as it appears there is no coherency in any action this Servant takes. At the same time, interactions with own Master are limited due to inability to understand each other.

Noble Phantasms:

Nioi Okose Yo
    Title: ~Flourish in Full Bloom~
    Range: 1-4
    Maximum Target: 1

The sword of blooming flowers.

It is an over-sized nodachi that only Rider can use with one hand, embedded with an heirloom seal in the form of five-blossoming peach-flowers. The sword itself is powerful melee weapon and due to its size and speed, can overpower most normal swords of weaker nature.

However, the true power of the sword comes from the fact that it embodies the aspects of blooming flowers of peach-tree. In other words, it is an excellent weapon when it comes to exorcising and repelling any spirits of evil nature.

When an opposing Servant has an alignment of “Evil” or when the opposing Servant’s actions can be called evil, this sword caused twice the damage it would normally cause, as it effectively tries to exorcise the spirit or monster it is facing, eating away at the container of the Servant rather than it’s spiritual self.

Other than that, the sword is also the sword of harmony, and thus, when in the presence of Servants of non-evil nature, serves to calm the spirits and quell the intents of fighting.

Honhanamichi
    Title: ~Path of the Falling Petals~
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 500
    Maximum Target: 300

Crystallization of what is today known as kabuki theater.

Honhanamichi takes a form of a large Japanese paper-umbrella that is colored in vivid colors of pink, peach and white. Its surface depicts falling petals of cherry, peach and plum trees, against a backdrop of a white river. On its own, it is nothing more than a beautiful decoration, carried by Rider in her left hand, covering her form.

However, when the true name is uttered and Honhanamichi is pointed at direction, it creates a path that can run up to 500 meters in length. This path, and its surroundings, are in fact a rare form of Boundary Field that extends only those who would wish to fight inside this path.

Inside the path, the laws of the world are turned around. The outcomes of fight are no longer based on martial prowess and brute strength, but on how much fleur, style and theatrical ability each strike, dodge and attack contains. In other words, it becomes a fight of beauty, not a fight of power. Even the strongest attack becomes weak if it is crude, and even the weakest attack becomes powerful if it is performed with extravagant style.

Honhanamichi’s path remains for 20 turns until it dies out, and is sealed inside the umbrella once more.

Matsukaze
    Title: ~Wind that runs in the Pine Trees~
    Type: -
    Range: -
    Maximum Target: -

The loyal horse of Rider.

It is an artificial attempt on creating a Phantasm Beast, a horse created through selective breeding that’s purposeful aim was sheer force. However, this made the horse wild and unable to be tamed unless approached by a kindred spirit. Rider, who possesses a similar mentality, is due to this the only one who can ride Matsukaze.

As a horse, Matsukaze excels in speed and agility. It is one of the fastest steeds there is, and when riding on it, Rider becomes nearly impossible to catch. Wherever this horse runs, a flurry of cherry blossoms follows, however, creating a path that can be followed easily. There is danger in these blossoms, though, as they emit an intoxicating fragrance, and anyone who stays on their vicinity for too long will become heavily drunk.

Rider can also perform a galloping charge-attack with Matsukaze. This charge attack is of rank “A”, and once performed, its direction cannot be changed. This charge attack releases a gale-force in the nearby vicinity, however, damaging those who it does not directly hit. This wind scatters the blossoms into a large area, creating a field of intoxication and revelry.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; May 23rd, 2012 at 08:18 AM.