Thread: Malaysia GE13

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Malaysia GE13

To all my fellow Malaysians:

So... what the hell just happened? Facebook has exploded in... well black user pictures. Is there anyone there now who has a better handle on the rumours and allegations flying around than random Facebook sources?

To everyone else who may be interested:

General election on Sunday May the 5th. If the rumours are to be believed, over 600,000 foreign nationals were flown in and given identification to 'vote', bribes up to and including RM 6,000 (about 2,000USD) were given out to buy votes, several petitions are online to the White House and United Nations calling for a third party intervention (I don't even see what could really be done in these cases...), a 'blackout' during the counting followed by 'mysterious cars with boxes' entering the compound and... well fuck if I know what the hell is really going on now.

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blue, that sounds like...a legit tinfoil-inducing rumor.

Blog Entries
    Not being in the country, its really hard to register things on my bullshit-o-meter. The blackout thing was real. Some rumours have it that certain state results were in favour of the opposition before a blackout and a recount. What I do know is that Barisan National won by a simple majority and will continue their 57 year rule. The Prime Minister has already managed to put his foot in his mouth before he was even sworn in officially.

I suppose what is good news is that my state stays within opposition control. Also no news of riots or anything of the sort (which a few people were really worried about at some point), so all in all... a good day?

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It either means a good day or a well-executed plan. But we just can't make judgments from unsourced rumors yet, could we?

Blog Entries
    Well I know we have some people in the country on here. I guess none of em are active right now or check this forum anymore =/ I guess if I was really concerned I'd check Reddit. It'd be a bit more unbiased than Facebook I imagine... LOTS of bashing on Facebook.

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Well I know we have some people in the country on here. I guess none of em are active right now or check this forum anymore =/ I guess if I was really concerned I'd check Reddit. It'd be a bit more unbiased than Facebook I imagine... LOTS of bashing on Facebook.
    Reddit and Facebook has the same reliability when it comes to this kinds of things: Both are comprised of people talking about it, so expect lots of opinions mixed with the little truth that goes in the conversations, however unsourced.

Blog Entries
    True. Its just that I'd be able to get some sources NOT from Malaysia who are happening to look in as well. Meh. As long as the cities aren't burning, I'm not too concerned for now. Lots of anger and calls of bullshit. All that is an ocean away from me

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

Shut up; Glasses are an endearing Character Trait.
    Blog Entries
    Aka

MALAYAN INDECISION 2013: CHEAT HARDER

Coming to a Causeway near ME.

Blah, it's the same old shit again in Malaysia.
    "One of the major problems encountered in time travel is not that of accidentally becoming your own father or mother. There is no problem involved in becoming your own father or mother that a broad-minded and well-adjusted family can't cope with."

Why does no one like Astolfo

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle DoomRavager's Avatar
    The newspaper articles in most of the major papers leading up to the election were pretty hilarious in their utter worship of Barisan and attempt to portray the opposition as infighting incompetents.

Weren't there some reports of the 'indelible ink' washing off easily or something?
    Last edited by DoomRavager; May 6th, 2013 at 01:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah. TONS of that. The media was... horrible. I was actually in Penang for the PSY concert fiasco. The flags were already overkill then. I can't believe they wasted so much money on Penang which probably just cemented their loss there.

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    True. Its just that I'd be able to get some sources NOT from Malaysia who are happening to look in as well. Meh. As long as the cities aren't burning, I'm not too concerned for now. Lots of anger and calls of bullshit. All that is an ocean away from me
    Yeah pretty much every source over here is calling bullshit. Pretty hilarious (if it weren't stealing an election :V)
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Hah. Rumours are currently circulating that the royalty of certain states (that experienced the blackout) are protesting the results and an inquiry will be held on the 8th.

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!