Thread: Recently dropped series.

Recently dropped series.

Just like the title implies.

Valvrave the Liberator. A cool as the mech looks, everything else just didn't click with me. Then there's Hayate no Gotoku Cuties, because I felt too lazy to watch exactly what I already read in the manga.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Even servant fights don't usually take place over and entire city and destroying bridges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    More for secrecy than anything.Then you remember how Saber was going to blow away Shirou's neighborhood with Excalibur for only some skeleton warriors in Fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Saber isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    RDG: Red Data Girl
    It had intriguing ideas and the promise mystery, but the pacing constantly crawled and its delivery just didn't seem to meet with my expectations for whatever reason. When it switched locations and it revealed that the premise basically was "another Supernatural Highschool story" but without any indication of potential battle royales or the variety of under-the-table intrigue I hoped to find I turned my back to it.

Now, since much of these decisions I made were based off my preconceptions and attention span (which for some reason was having none of this this time because reasons), there's a good chance I might pick it up again later if I really feel like it but for the moment nah.

Date A Live
    Temp-dropped it so I could read the light novels first.

But BakaTsuki's translations for this series err on the side of lowest common denominator and QUALITY when it comes to readability. So when I finish reading what is translated I'm picking it up again because the story content definitely benefits from having visuals because 1) the author is no Japanese Brent Weeks wordsmith and very average in general and it shows, and 2) the content is trashy enough - IE predictably cliche (intentionally(?), but even then tongue-in-cheek doesn't work unless the tongue is in the cheek) at times but sprinkled with genuinely good and occasionally, dare I say it, inspired moments - to derive a sort of guilty pleasure from seeing it rendered onscreen with sounds and movement.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; May 5th, 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't dropped an anime so far this season. Valvrave is borderline though, its pretty ridiculous.

Shingeki is the only anime that might hit 8+/10 region though. This season has a lot of decent shows but nothing really outstanding.

edit
    Oh wait I dropped Aku no Hana for being slow, boring and stupid.
    Last edited by BlackField; May 6th, 2013 at 12:54 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Rowanism's Avatar
    Aku no Hana
    Self-explanatory. I guess I'll just stick with the manga, which got way better response.

Game of Thrones
    Just not my kind of show. Pulled myself through season 1, then dropped it after 3 eps into s2.

Valvrave
    Yeah... no.

I did drop Symphogear about a year ago. I honestly loved the first episode despite it getting bad responses from many, but the second episode was where it dropped the ball for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Even servant fights don't usually take place over and entire city and destroying bridges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    More for secrecy than anything.Then you remember how Saber was going to blow away Shirou's neighborhood with Excalibur for only some skeleton warriors in Fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Saber isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Blog Entries
    I dropped Ai Mai Mi last season mostly because I got really lazy in downloading 5 minutes eyecancer just to watch it. I actually don't mind it, with the humor hitting sometimes (and falling flatter than a 2D person at others...) and the ED being really catchy. Will probably finish the rest via streams some other time.

Blog Entries
    I dropped Robotic;Notes last season or so after episode 20 or so. While I could go back and finish it, it just doesn't click with me and I got bored watching it.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Recently dropped Shinsekai Yori after the first episode. Whole show felt completely disjointed. I don't know if it was just the first episode, but the scenes usually only lasted like 15 seconds, and I couldn't figure out what was going on, who these people are, or anything. None of the characters interested me, nothing caught my interest, and I got bored watching it. I know it was originally a novel, maybe that version isn't choppy with its presentation, but given how sloppy the anime is, I just can't get into it. Only thing I even remember is Kana Hanazawa (read her name like a tongue twister) is in it, yet even that doesn't feel that remarkable, given that she's in nearly fucking everything now. (EDIT: I lost so much interest, I can't even spell the name of the series right. Wrote "Shinseiki" initially.)
    Last edited by xm0123; May 6th, 2013 at 09:41 PM.
    g

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Galaxy Railways.

Because trains in space is pants-on-head stupid, even for my tastes.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Galaxy Railways.

Because trains in space is pants-on-head stupid, even for my tastes.
    Why'd you even pick it up in the first place?
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Some people just have an obsession with trains?

*still doesn't quite understand why train simulator is so successful*

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alulim View Post
    Why'd you even pick it up in the first place?
    Dumb concepts can be enjoyable if they're executed well.

GR wasn't. So it wasn't.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Toloveru darkness because i couldnt be arsed to watch again what ive already read in the manga. Might pick it up again sometime for voiced Yami tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this season Karneval because it seemed generic and i didnt really find any of the characters outstanding in any way.