Page 394 of 680 FirstFirst ... 294344384389392393394395396399404444494 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,880 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Gilgamesh getting punked by Ishtar and dying in Enkidu's arms is pure kino.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    Narita you better revive Gil in the next volume otherwise...(ง'̀-'́)ง

Idk I wanted Gil to get beaten but having him dead at this stage of the story is not what I expected from this Fate at all, like we barely had any interaction between him and Enkidu and I am here with all of these expectations... Nasu, Narita wtf

However I do remember smthng about Narita complaining that Babylonia from FGO is somehow a spoiler for FSF, and now with Humbaba the cast is almost completed... Interestingly could be a parallel regarding Caster!Gil dying as well in Babylonia but coming back later  or I’m just delusional.
    If I’m remembering right the thing Nasu spoiled was Prelati, and Babylon was just problematic because having so much of the Babylon crew in SF means that any details about them that came out in FGO could lead to dreaded rewrites

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Humbaba isn't really in the Babylon chapter, tho? They get their ass handed to them offscreen by Ibaraki or smth
    True, I just remembered now.

Anyway, it is obvious that somehow Narita wants to feature in this Fate a lot of elements from Babylon/the Epic like it is going to be a huge deal in this story. But rn I don’t know how Narita will come out with the story in the next volumes (I guess this may be a good thing?), I feel disoriented.

Also I love Enkidu really but is he supposed to defeat Alcides-Humbaba-Ishtar-Gugalanna along with Richard?
    Last edited by Silhouette; April 10th, 2019 at 03:57 AM.

JP Friend Code
    I mean there’s Sigma, No Name, Flat & the cop gang to also help

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    plus Alcides is just a Greek

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Amazigh's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I'd like to see how Edison looks when he's not being screwed with, like Humbaba, or being empowered by "All the US Presidents". Either Caster or Berserker. I'm hoping his appearance doesn't change as a result of Humbaba merging.

Edison has somekind of relationship with Humbaba or something like that?

Blog Entries
    both have lion head

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Thunder

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Amazigh's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You'd think due to his personal nature and WFD, his Saint Graph would resist or refute Humbaba's Influence, what with exposing Mystery and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    Edison has somekind of relationship with Humbaba or something like that?
    The current popular theory on reddit is that Ishtar merged Edison and Humbaba instead of considering that Haruri summoned Humbaba instead of Edison like she intended and he was just a red herring

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazigh View Post
    You'd think due to his personal nature and WFD, his Saint Graph would resist or refute Humbaba's Influence, what with exposing Mystery and whatnot.
    In a way, Edison' personal view is compatible with Huwawa (I'd rather call him that, Humbaba sounds really dumb in my native language)

In the original Epic of Gilgamesh, Huwawa is portrayed as an Evil Savage Dangerous Beast of the Forest, slain by the hero Gilgamesh and Enkidu. However, there is a newly discovered tablet in 2011 which portraits Huwawa as a Good Peaceful Guardian of the Cedar Forest, tricked and murdered by the aggressive ecological thieves from the Treeless Land of Uruk. So the story is probably a metaphor for deforestation by the urban citizen of Uruk, sacrificing the rural people who lives in harmony with the forest.

As surprising as this might sound, Thomas Edison was an advocate for renewable and sustainable energy. He was a fanboy of Thomas Paine, a Geoist. One of Edison's relevant famous quote:
    "We are like tenant farmers chopping down the fence around our house for fuel when we should be using Nature's inexhaustible sources of energy — sun, wind and tide. … I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle that."
    Last edited by 34; April 10th, 2019 at 06:42 AM. Reason: grammer

Blog Entries
    I'd much rather see Gil stay dead so that Enkidu can be his own man (inasmuch as the beast of the forest can be a man). The cast needs to be thinned.

He went out in a way that builds up Ishtar, and I am tickled pink by the way he and Edgy Herc have essentially switched roles. I am a huge Gil fan, but he really needs to step aside early so that the new blood can step up to do their thing. I'm way more interested in Ishtar, Sigma, and Richard right now.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
    However I do remember smthng about Narita complaining that Babylonia from FGO is somehow a spoiler for FSF, and now with Humbaba the cast is almost completed... Interestingly could be a parallel regarding Caster!Gil dying as well in Babylonia but coming back later  or I’m just delusional.
    Enkidu mentioned the Cage of the Underworld and Ereshigal as he gathered a huge amount of mana from the leylines to try and revive Gil. Maybe Gil has a chance to return due to Ishtar being there (and she is Eresh's "other half", sounds a bit yuri but hey) or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Literally anything but this, pls.

It'd be a nice spin to see Enkidu carry on from Gil's "death" and have to clean up his mess.
    Enkidu mentioned his power being Gil's or something iirc, as he tried to revive Gil, so maybe he's gonna give Gil his power then poof. Where is that page again I need to rereadddddddddd.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Gil, and I'm kinda annoyed at the way he went out here, but Enkidu sacrificing themselves to revive him would be hella dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    reminder that this is a Narita novel

Unfortunately.

JP Friend Code
    "and then they were hit by a car"

It's fine guys.

Gil is fine and Enkidu won't be dying yet either fjkrgaerg

I really need to read the whole thing.

My thoughts are that I like this twist in the sense that yeah, I would like to see Enkidu’s development aside of Gil, and it would be nice to know his true potential as a Servant and as a character. On the other hand, I would hate that the only chance we had to see more of Gil and Enkidu’s relationship (let alone flashbacks and fighting) has been thrown away. They barely interacted in Babylon.

Still I think is too soon to make assumptions... But well,

More thoughts; the first time I read that Gilgamesh had his GoB shut down I thought that it was perfect for him to show off his skills as a warrior (if he had any) by being forced to fight on his own - not just throwing swords. Heh, missed chance.

Also I’m really annoyed that Gil is the first Servant to die here. I think Gil already surpasses Cú at the number of deaths suffered in HGWs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    reminder that this is a Narita novel
    I'm not familiar with Narita's stuff. Does he have a habit of reviving dead characters?

If so, I'm about to be the grumpiest BL user. Dead is dead.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude