Page 400 of 680 FirstFirst ... 300350390395398399400401402405410450500 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,000 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Well, maybe Narita didnt like NA chapter cuz it made Edison an actual character with traits so its harder for him to make Edison a redherring for True berserker identity

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I think it would be neat if Blondel de Nesle was part of Richard's entourage.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    No one knows what the fuck is going on with True Berserker anyways. Guess it’s a wait and see what Narita says.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

To be fair since True Berserker was introduced the whole idea of that being actually Edison was brought into doubt even by the narration itself.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Given that Humbaba's scream is wholly terrifying and that True Berserker has been screaming over and over this whole time, it seems like Humbaba would be a recent addition to it rather than having been it the whole time. Also the phonograph voice and constant self-modification definitely scream Edison.

Blog Entries
    So, it's something along the lines of True Berserker having Edison's body, but Humbaba's soul?

The funny part is that Humbaba actually has a lion face in the myth.

I'd love to get playable Saladin some day

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He'll either be disappointing, or a naked boob girl who's all 'kyaa stop touching me masuta', or both
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    He'll either be disappointing, or a naked boob girl who's all 'kyaa stop touching me masuta', or both
    I really hope the latter doesn't happen, and I'm hopeful, since I'm sure Richard would have mentioned it if it did, unless he was somehow a huge progressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Amazigh's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if Huwawa's appearance is affected by the era or location of it's summoning.

Here's the first section of the sample from the Dengeki website translated. I'll try to do the rest of it sometime late this weekend (depending on how well my computer science homework goes).

My copy of FSF 5 is supposed to arrive on Monday, so I'll get started on the full book at some point after that.

FSF 5 Preview, part 1

Summer 1842, On the Mediterranean Sea.
    Gentle waves pressed against each other in the blazing sunlight.
    A ship split and scattered their gleam as it advanced across the water's surface.
    Although it could hardly be called luxurious, the sailing vessel had a certain elegance and strength about it. On board, a man spoke.
    "...What's that island over there?"
    The man was gazing at the silhouette of an island. Although it was beautifully formed, tracing a gentle curve, it was a barren expanse of yellow-brown rock mingled with traces of pale green.
    "Oh, that place... There's nothing on it, mister. Just a desert island."
    "Oh?" The man responded to the answer of a nearby crewman with interest. "No one lives there? I see something that looks like a building."
    "What? Oh... Well, I don't know about that. Never taken the trouble to stop there... But you're right. I wonder what it is."
    The crewman returned to his work with a quizzical look. In his place, a man approached holding a cup.
    "What is it, Brother? You fallen for that island or something?"
    He was a well-dressed and well-built man with gentle features, but his eyes seemed to flicker with the light of a solemn intelligence.
    "But you know you shouldn't fall for islands or oceans? They're scary women—a fright when they're angry, and ready to leave you penniless if they get half the chance. Well, I guess they could be men."
    The man shrugged. The man who had first been staring at the island shook his head.
    "...The day we met is was 'my friend,' then 'my dearest friend' on the ship out. Now, on the return voyage, you're calling me 'brother,' Prince? If anyone heard you, I'd be stoned for lèse-majesté."
    "Nonsense. If I care for a man than for any friend, but not as a lover, then I have no choice but to treat him as my own flesh and blood."
    The man who had been called "Prince" took a gulp of the liquid in his cup and flashed a grin.
    "Besides, you never bothered with that kind of formal courtesy in the first place."
    "Well, we could converse a bit more attractively in prose. Want to do this by letter?"
    "It's not me that people truly pay respect to; it's people like you... People who give others joy. I, at least, cannot give people as much joy as your romantic play L'Alchimiste or your novel Le Chevalier d'Harmental. It was you who accomplished that—none other than Alexandre Dumas. Your reputation will never suffer as a brother to the former emperor's nephew."
    The man who had just been so excessively praised—Alexandre Dumas—smiled wryly at the man in front of him and shook his head.
    "I'll be damned. To think that the illustrious nephew of His Imperial Majesty Napoléon Bonaparte would sing my praises like that. I'm grateful, but I'd like to avoid a life under house arrest on that island."
    The man Dumas was addressing—Napoléon Joseph Charles Paul Bonaparte—smiled cheerfully in time with the rocking of the boat.
    He was the nephew of Emperor Napoléon I of France and the cousin of Napoléon III. Because his father Jérôme had been King of Westphalia, the 19-year-old was called either "Prince" or "Plon-Plon"—his nickname.
    He had become acquainted with Dumas—who was already a bestselling author at the time—when Dumas traveled to Italy, and at Jérôme's recommendation, they had gone on to Elba together. They had enjoyed themselves hunting on the island where Joseph's uncle Napoléon I had once been exiled and were currently being rocked by the ship bearing them back from it.
    "By the way, Brother..." Joseph turned a winning smile on Dumas, more than 20 years his senior. "Do you hold a grudge against my uncle?"
    Dumas answered with a shrug.
    "Ha ha! What could I hold against the great Napoléon, Emperor of France?"
    "I hear my uncle treated your father awfully coldly. And that he even refused your mother's requests for a pension."
    "Drop it—it's over and done with. Well, I did live poor a long time because of that, and my mum had a rough time of it, too. I think I'd be within my rights to sock him one for her, but..."
    After a short pause for thought, Dumas continued slowly while gazing at the island.
    "I've never told you...about the time I met you uncle and had a talk with him, have I?"
    "First I've heard of it."
    "It happened when I was barely 13. He'd come for a victory parade, and I went to get a look at him."
    He paused at that point and the ship tilted sharply.
    "With a pistol hidden in my breast pocket."
    "..."
    That sentence, spoken in the break between waves, carried an impact like a scene in a play. Joseph, however, listened to them in silence.
    "I'd planned on challenging him to a duel. To throw my glove at his carriage. It was His Imperial Majesty who insulted my old man and my mum first—that ought to give me the right to choose the weapons."
    "But my uncle didn't die there, and the great author is right here, alive and well."
    "Yeah. I walked up while everyone around me was shouting 'vive l'empereur.' I must have looked like a ghost. I caught a glimpse of a pale face through a gap in the carriage. He was just a little man warn out from battle. It was simple—all I had to do was hurl my glove at him in place of a challenge. Once I did it, I was sure he'd order the soldiers all around him to shoot me or chase me off. But that would be fleeing from our duel. He deserved to have the townspeople mock him as the emperor who ran from a duel with a kid! ...A moment later, the poor brat, drunk on those thoughts more sickly than the emperor's face, pulled out his glove. And what do you think he did with it?"
    Dumas recited his past rhythmically, in time with the rocking of the ship, and in a clear, resonant voice, like an actor delivering his lines.
    "...The answer is that he waved it. He raised the glove he'd meant to throw high above his head and before he knew it, he was shouting 'vive l'empereur' with the rest of the crowd. Yes, Prince. Your uncle was a hero, but he was also hated by a lot of people. I'm sure there were any number of people apart from me who wanted to hurl a glove at him. I bet there was a crowd of people who came wanting to just put a bullet into his carriage and not bother with dueling, too. But every last one of those people showered the pale, worn-out man with cheers. I don't know what made them do it, but the Emperor was the people's dream. He was their idol. Once I realized that, I couldn't go through with it. It's a fine soldier who can coolly point a gun at a man he admires, but I'm no soldier. It's because he made me realize that that I now fight with a pen in my hand instead of a gun."
    Bringing the long story he had begun gravely to a close with a lighthearted tone, Dumas winked and grinned at his friend more than 20 years his junior.
    "Does it come off alright when I tell it like that, Prince?"
    "Was that one of your inventions, Brother?"
    "Who knows? But if someone wants to make it that way, they'll make it that way whether I affirm it or deny it. The truth dims in the face of an amusing lie. Put the other way round, even if you're stuck with the awful meat called 'truth,' which no amount of boiling or grilling will make fit to eat, you can still make it a bit more palatable by letting it marinate in history for a few years and seasoning it with a sprinkle of lies."
    Dumas spoke far more cheerfully than he had when relating his own past. Joseph was exasperated, but continued to press him.
    "But now that I've heard this much, Brother, I'd like to know what the meat really is."
    "In this case, the 'truth' is that, well...I'm not carrying a grudge against Napoléon I or his bloodline anymore. When I add stories like that one just now to it, it hardly matter if they're truth or fiction, does it?"
    "I see. Then to you, even a desert island is an ingredient worth dining on. Still, out of all the desert islands out there, what makes you so interested in just that one? Do you have some kind of history with it, by any chance?" Joseph asked with a raucous laugh.
    "It's a hunch," Dumas shrugged. "Just a hunch."
    "A hunch, huh? I suppose that counts for a lot in your line of work."
    "It's an island a spotted while sailing with a relative of His Imperial Majesty. I was thinking that I might as well make it famous to in memory of our meeting."
    At that, the nephew of the man who had been emperor of France turned to the island and, giddy as a child, spoke in a voice bursting with enthusiasm.
    "Yes, I think there's something about that island myself. A few years back, I even heard rumors of a person who bears the same name. Just between us...the hidden side of the church even made some strange moves."
    "The...hidden side of the church?"
    "Oh, forget about that. The church wouldn't even bare all its secrets to my father, and he was a king. Anyway, there have been rumors of treasure and miracle stories about that island for a long time now. City children, fishermen, adventurers, religionists—because there's nothing on that island, all sorts of people have been able to project whatever dreams they want to see onto it. But almost no one actually tries to search it, for fear of finding that there's really nothing there."
    "Hey now, are you trying to steal my thunder? Telling a story about that island is my job. Just tell me what its name is, Brother."
    Joseph, pleased at being called "brother" back, proclaimed the name of the island, his eyes shining with anticipation for the novel Dumas would write about it.

"That island is called Montecristo! An island of possibilities that contains everything because it has nothing."

I'd appreciate people pointing out any errors, typos, or other editing issues that they spot so I can fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    The funny part is that Humbaba actually has a lion face in the myth.
    The pfalz Version is like a dark cyclop induist with 7 eyes under the 6 arms

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Huh, so Napoleon as Emperor did get the Holy Church to reveal some of its secrets to him, huh? Interesting. And I assume this is the moment that ultimately led to the writing of the Count of Monte Cristo in the Nasuverse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    thank you as always for the translation

It's always nice to see a flashback to a Heroic Spirit's life, and Narita so far manages to handle their backstory really well

JP Friend Code
    Thank you so much!! I don’t know how much fact/fiction is in his past right now but man Narita handles writing them so well...

Thank you. I'm a big Napoleon fan, so hearing stuff from this perspective is interesting.

JP Friend Code
    As per usual, thank you for the translation! I found a little typo.

"It's an island a spotted while sailing with a relative of His Imperial Majesty. I was thinking that I might as well make it famous to in memory of our meeting."

Thanks for the hard work, OtherSide!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    And I assume this is the moment that ultimately led to the writing of the Count of Monte Cristo in the Nasuverse?
    Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    Thank you so much!! I don’t know how much fact/fiction is in his past right now but man Narita handles writing them so well...
    Apparently, the boat travel that help inspired the novel is base on real events
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Co...cal_background
    In "Causeries" (1860), Dumas published a short paper, "État civil du Comte de Monte-Cristo", on the genesis of the Count of Monte-Cristo.[Notes 3] It appears that Dumas had close contacts with members of the Bonaparte family while living in Florence in 1841. In a small boat, he sailed around the island of Monte-Cristo, accompanied by a young prince, a cousin to Louis Bonaparte, who was to become Emperor of the French ten years later. During this trip, he promised the prince that he would write a novel with the island's name in the title. At that time, the future emperor was imprisoned at the citadel of Ham – a name that is mentioned in the novel. Dumas did visit him there,[22] although he does not mention it in "Etat civil".

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Had a moment, so here're some more typos.

"...The day we met it was 'my friend,' then 'my dearest friend' on the ship out. Now, on the return voyage, you're calling me 'brother,' Prince? If anyone heard you, I'd be stoned for lèse-majesté."
    Weird word choice replaced with something more suitable.

"Yeah. I walked up while everyone around me was shouting 'vive l'empereur.' I must have looked like a ghost. I caught a glimpse of a pale face through a gap in the carriage. He was just a little man worn out from battle. It was simple—all I had to do was hurl my glove at him in place of a challenge. Once I did it, I was sure he'd order the soldiers all around him to shoot me or chase me off. But that would be fleeing from our duel. He deserved to have the townspeople mock him as the emperor who ran from a duel with a kid! ...A moment later, the poor brat, drunk on those thoughts more sickly than the emperor's face, pulled out his glove. And what do you think he did with it?"
    Replaced "warn" with "worn."
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.