Page 402 of 680 FirstFirst ... 302352392397400401402403404407412452502 ... LastLast
Results 8,021 to 8,040 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He was, I believe, Eleanor's favourite
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Here's another bit. It's out of the straight recap section, but it's still not quite back to the main action.

Bridge: Rondo of the Outsiders, part 2

A private chat on a certain social network:
    Flue: "Well, that's about the size of it... Let me just give you my conclusions.
    "Snowfield is dangerous.
    "To be honest, I want to get out as soon as I can.
    "I mean, this is nothing like I was told.
    "'Course, no one mixed up in magecraft would ever tell the truth unless they're forced to, but even taking that into account, it's still crazy.
    "The core of the ritual's probably based on the one in Fuyuki, but its scale and its foundation have gone completely out of whack.
    "First off, the Ghostliners.
    "You veterans call 'em Servants. You said seven of them fought when it was in Fuyuki, right?
    "Well, I tried checking with my astrology, and this in on a whole other level. There's nearly twice as many things I wouldn't want to mess with—more than twice as many, going by some disturbances in the stars that I can't tell if they’re Servants or what. I was watching the front of the hospital last night. First there was a three-headed dog, then two hundred of what looked like phantasmals showed up out of nowhere and went at it with a Heroic Spirit I'd be scared to even stare at too hard. After that the magical energy got too disturbed for me to observe anything properly.
    "You better not tell me that was Cerberus and a bunch of demons. Either way, things that don't belong on this side of the world are swaggering down the main street of an American city. If this is a dream, I want to wake up. It'd take a pretty childish mage to send me a dream like this.
    "Just explaining what happened after that is a pain.
    "I've attached an encrypted pseudo-video recording. Use magecraft to decompress it on your end.
    "But if you think it's a hoax I cooked up, that's all I've got.
    "I won't get mad if you're suspicious.
    "If I were in your shoes, I'd be demanding my money back and sending a curse or two right about now.
    "Of course, you're not like me, so maybe you can see it a different way, Mr. Scourge of Mage Society."

El-Melloi II: "That nickname was uncalled for."
    El-Melloi II: "Anyway, thank you for your report. It sounds like the situation is getting worse than I thought."

Flue: "You can say that again. I thought that crater in the desert was the worst it could get, but it's been shooting past that and dragging the whole city down to a new low twice a day."
    Flue: "Anyway, what's the deal with there being too many Heroic Spirits?"
    Flue: "The land here is pretty good for leylines, but from what I hear, it still doesn't measure up to Fuyuki. It doesn't make sense that more Heroic Spirits than usual got summoned in spite of that."

El-Melloi II: "They're probably priming the pump."

Flue: "Yeah?"

El-Melloi II: "The first several Heroic Spirits summoned were used as a catalyst to intentionally disturb the leylines and temporarily draw in magical energy from elsewhere in the Americas. It's a drastic measure, like inflicting damage on the body in order to stimulate an immunity."

Flue: "So, in order to summon seven Ghostliners, they summoned and sacrificed another six? They used those crazy Ghostliners as a catalyst like you'd use chicken blood? Isn't that a bit too out there to believe?"

El-Melloi II: "In order to push seven pendulums to the fore, they shoved...probably five or six pendulums into them from behind. Ordinarily, that would only move an equal number of pendulums, like a Newton's cradle, but the supervisors who shaped the land simply have to add enough power to push the seventh pendulum. Now that the first set of Heroic Spirits have served their purpose, they will probably be absorbed into the land over time in order to preserve the balance."

Flue: "That's not a pretty thought. I only half believed what you told me, but I bet that guy in the shiny gold armor really is the Akkadian King of Heroes. The instant I took a look at his star through a far-seeing spell, my head spun and I thought it was going to scramble my brains. They must be out of their minds if they're using up someone like that as disposable kindling—not even material for the Grail."

El-Melloi II: "Exactly. It's hardly what you'd call a sane idea, regardless of whether you're talking about mages or about people who have nothing to do Mystery. Such methods speak to a group with disdain for Mystery as such. That's who you ought be calling a 'scourge.'"

Flue: "Are you really one to talk when you're analyzing Mystery over instant messages, even if they are private?"

El-Melloi II: "At present, fewer mages devote their efforts to spiriton hacking than to communication via magecraft. Any method carries risks, but given the limits of my abilities, this is probably the safer option. Even if it is intercepted and read, any ordinary person will assume it's some kind of joke and there's no need to hide it from anyone who's already on our side. In fact, the more serious any proper mage is about concealing Mystery, the harder they'll work to erase those ridiculous reports for us."

Flue: "Would any mage really care about talk like that?"

El-Melloi II: "Well, that will change in a few more years. The handheld devices called 'smart phones' that have begun to appear on the market recently will probably become common enough to have an influence even on mage society. As the danger of Mystery being recorded increases, methods of secrecy will have to change. It could end up being easier to seed dummy stories and label everything fake news. That's all the more reason I want to avoid a needlessly large-scale ritual like this creating holes."

Flue: "You talk as much as always. Or I guess 'type' in this case. I can't believe you can run off a wall of text like that in under a minute. You're not working some kind of magecraft I can't catch in with all those letters, are you?"

El-Melloi II: "You give me too much credit. The games I play for fun sometimes require exchanging condensed information quickly."
    El-Melloi II: "Besides, I could never incorporate a concealed formula of such a high level that you wouldn't notice. Still, even online and in writing, the way you talk doesn't change."

Flue: "I'm not used to it. And using your real name as a screen name is actually a reference issue. It'd suck to slip up and poison yourself with your own curses."
    Flue: "Well, anyway, I'm going to poke around here a little more and then get out when the going gets rough. Everyone who tries to leave gets hit with some weird curse and comes back under mind control, but I'll do a reading to find wherever the curse is thinnest."

El-Melloi II: "Sorry. I'm truly grateful that you were already in the city."
    El-Melloi II: "I managed to make contact with one of the masterminds—the chief of police—and form a temporary alliance, but I was only able to get partial information out of him. Based on what he told me, it's likely that he hasn't been informed of everything that's going on either. That what makes your objective information so helpful."

Flue: "Oh, I just came 'cause I thought there might be some nice jobs on offer. A magecraft-using mercenary has to be quick on the draw if he wants to keep himself fed. Putting you in my debt ended up being the most profitable choice. You're a real lifesaver."
    Flue: "...Just asking, but there won't be any other Lords heading out here, will there?"

El-Melloi II: "That won't happen. Old Rufleus of the School of Spiritualism is currently away from the Clock Tower on business, but he isn't the type to visit the scene in person. Even if something did go wrong over there, he would only shrug that 'matters have merely reached their natural conclusion.' Although he does appear to take some interest in Ghostliners."

Flue: "Good. It's enough to know that there won't be any more dangerous people showing up in this town. As it is, it's so full of people in my line of work that I've got to be careful not to tip my hand."
    Flue: "Speaking of which, one of my colleagues who's made a bit of a name for himself in Asia is apparently participating as a Master. Well, he's still a rookie compared to the real experts...but he makes up for what he lacks in magical energy with survival skills you wouldn't believe. The guy's like some kind of puppet. His name's Sigma. You'd better warn your little student to steer clear of him."

El-Melloi II: "Thank you for the warning."
    El-Melloi II: "I already wish that I'd warned Flat more about how dangerous the Holy Grail War can be."

Flue: "That stings a little, considering I came here hoping to get paid."

El-Melloi II: "My apologies. I meant no offense."

Flue: "I know, Your Lordship."
    Flue: "Well, I've got a situation I need to deal with here, so I'll be signing off now."
    Flue: "I got a weird bit of guidance from the stars earlier. I included it in my report."
    Flue: "I'll be in touch if I find anything out, so remember to add a little extra to my payment."

—Flue has logged out.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Interesting that Flue referred to Gilgamesh as the Akkadian King of Heroes as opposed to the previous Nasuverse convention of the Babylonian King of Heroes. Also, do we already know who Old Rufleus is, or is this the first time his name has popped up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Interesting that Flue referred to Gilgamesh as the Akkadian King of Heroes as opposed to the previous Nasuverse convention of the Babylonian King of Heroes. Also, do we already know who Old Rufleus is, or is this the first time his name has popped up?
    He's the old guy who runs Yuliphis (sp?). He shows up in Case Files, hanging out with Olga Marie. He absorbs all the lingering malice in the Tower of London every couple of months, iirc.
    I believe he's also the head of the Sophia-Ri family and Kayneth's teacher.

I don't know if someone's romanized his name differently elsewhere. I checked a couple wikis and didn't see anything, so I went with my own take.

Oh, so he's Bram and Sola's dad? I see.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, so he's Bram and Sola's dad? I see.
    He has a copy of Zouken's diary in his library for some reason too.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Thanks for the translation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

Also, it's interesting that Flue can sense the presence of Servants and other powerful beings using his astrology magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    He has a copy of Zouken's diary in his library for some reason too.
    Immediately suspicious of him now. Also, what exactly is in Zouken's diary?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Dear diary, today i put 100 worms in the vagOOO of an 8 year old.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hishiri is bringing Rufleus and Olga up to date with the current events. Hearing about the Ghost Liner sparks a memory. He brings them down to his library, gets a book and tells them this is the memoir of a romantic magus, Makiri Zolgen.
    Last edited by You; April 27th, 2019 at 02:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    ...I don't think I want to know that Zouken writes diary

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofSky View Post
    I don't know if someone's romanized his name differently elsewhere. I checked a couple wikis and didn't see anything, so I went with my own take.
    I think someone romanized it as Rulfurus at one point too.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Got some update on the spoilers, specifically on the John and the Richard situations.

SpoilersJohn seems to be the one who dealt the lethal blow that caused Alcides to use Chiron's immortality. Now I'm not sure if the poison pain really is a side effect of Chiron's immortality or if Alcides is feeling it because he took actual Hydra poison, but that was the information I got before and no one said that was false yet, so I guess the previous information was correct.

As for Richard, he needed to protect Ayaka in the church, so he challenged Gilgamesh to fight elsewhere, in front of the hospital. Despite not knowing a single thing about magic, Ayaka is seemingly top tier as a Servant-maintaining mana tank, allowing Richard to spam his NPs without much trouble. However, fighting in front of hospital meant Richard left the church with Ayaka completely unattended. End result: Pale Rider drags Richard and Ayaka to the dream world.
    Last edited by Comun; April 27th, 2019 at 03:51 PM.

Is it really a surprise that Ayaka is top-Master material? No, not really.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yes, she was a shitter in Prototype.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I thought only dead people showed up in Tsubaki's dreams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Aren't Proto Ayaka and SF Ayaka not the same person though? Like more different than even just being different timeline versions of each other.

Yeah, SF Ayaka isn't the real Ayaka anyway but some Zelretch fuckery.

Don't think any of Pale Rider's victims are dead, braindead at most (because their mind is in the dream?)
    They go about their daily tasks and most appear seemingly normal although they refuse to leave the city. Some have some markings from the disease but it's not clear if it's all of them.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I thought they were comatose at best.
    canon finish apo vol 3

What about Jester then? He entered at will. Also, I asked if it was really a surprise that Ayaka is top kek Master material since Hakuno and Ritsuka, who she has a lot in common with, are ones too. That, and Zelrecht chose her.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    There are multiple meanings of good when it comes to Masters, with the dominant one usually being 'doesn't get backstabbed and has the plot armor needed to ensure victory'. There's a world of difference between Gudao or early Hakuno and Illya or Rin.
    canon finish apo vol 3