Page 486 of 680 FirstFirst ... 386436476481484485486487488491496536586 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,720 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Them mentioning it constantly strikes me less as build-up, and more as foreshadowing that it's not gonna happen. Like the old cop talking about how he's looking forward to his retirement before going off on a dangerous final job. Narita is constantly reminding us how much they want it so we'll feel appropriately sorry for them when circumstances prevent them from getting it.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    Them mentioning it constantly strikes me less as build-up, and more as foreshadowing that it's not gonna happen. Like the old cop talking about how he's looking forward to his retirement before going off on a dangerous final job. Narita is constantly reminding us how much they want it so we'll feel appropriately sorry for them when circumstances prevent them from getting it.
    Pretty much this

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    Them mentioning it constantly strikes me less as build-up, and more as foreshadowing that it's not gonna happen..
    I find it interesting that you see it that way. I take it as build up. Not only do servants promise to fight each other all the time, and do rivals tend to clash when they appear, it would kinda be trolling to not give people what they want after bringing it up this much sonce vol 1. Both options are possible though, so we'll see.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    If Durarara is anything to go by, I'd say that the chances of "the fated showdown" actually happening is more on the negatives.

Besides even when Gil recovers from the I doubt he'll be in any state to be having fights. And with a giant hurricane bull and the amalgamation of various artificial souls Now is really not the time!!!!

Tbh, it looks like Narita is recreating the Epic of Gilgamesh in FSF, not just because of the ensemble cast but the events succession as well:
    Enkidu and Gil fought each other -> Looks like they'll be targeting Humbaba next -> If after that, the Bull arrives and they fight -> Let's say Enkidu dies after that then Gil is left alone to fight the remaining teams
    If the events end up actually happening in this order, I'll say Narita had the intention of recreating the epic all along

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Babylonia kinda left me sick of Gil & Enkidu antics tbh

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Babylonia kinda left me sick of Gil & Enkidu antics tbh
    you mean Kingu?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    you mean Kingu?
    Why yes, Enkidu at least had some flavor in Babylonia
    But here we are, once again with Gilgamesh, Enkidu and Ishtar

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The only character concluded in this story so far is Tsubaki, so she's the best standard we got for Gil/Enkidu's situation. Tsubaki's arc was extremely cyclical, so we could reasonably expect a rematch from that.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Tbh, it looks like Narita is recreating the Epic of Gilgamesh in FSF, not just because of the ensemble cast but the events succession as well:
    Enkidu and Gil fought each other -> Looks like they'll be targeting Humbaba next -> If after that, the Bull arrives and they fight -> Let's say Enkidu dies after that then Gil is left alone to fight the remaining teams
    If the events end up actually happening in this order, I'll say Narita had the intention of recreating the epic all along
    I think he wants to recreate both the epic AND Babylonia. What with the Watcher and all that Tiamat refs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Why yes, Enkidu at least had some flavor in Babylonia
    But here we are, once again with Gilgamesh, Enkidu and Ishtar
    Not really tbh Gil is down, Enkidu is finally getting something to do, and Ishtar isn't really Ishtar

and even though we going through a Mesopotamian arc right now there's still a lot factors at play here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Honestly I think Enkidu story ends at Huwawawawa because there's really nothing for him to do and I don't see Gil being around until the final moments ala Babylonia. I think the bull fight is to serve mostly for Tine to shine and get the drop kick on fila.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The only character concluded in this story so far is Tsubaki, so she's the best standard we got for Gil/Enkidu's situation. Tsubaki's arc was extremely cyclical, so we could reasonably expect a rematch from that.
    Are we sure everything's done with her? Pale didn't sound like it was dead-dead. So I'd hope she'd have a chance to wake up.

edit: i can't believe i wrote "non-comatose" for waking up. im tired.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    Are we sure everything's done with her? Pale didn't sound like it was dead-dead. So I'd hope she'd have a chance to wake up.

edit: i can't believe i wrote "non-comatose" for waking up. im tired.
    I'm pretty sure Tsubaki has more stuff to do but Pale I think is finally done and only be around for plot stuff.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Pale Rider is not dead-dead, it's supposedly currently dying of masterlessness. It can still make a comeback if someone else contracts in time, but I don't see it happening. Tsubaki already had her big character climax and didn't wake up afterwards, so I can see her getting only an epilogue next.

JP Friend Code

If Pale Rider isn't dead-dead, it doesn't make sense for it not to get a master/energy from somewhere. Like, why even leave that off, when you could just kill it this book. Therefore, just because that was left open in general, I could easily see some sort of twist where pale gets a master/energy

Tsubaki could be saved for an epilogue i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    Not really tbh Gil is down, Enkidu is finally getting something to do, and Ishtar isn't really Ishtar

and even though we going through a Mesopotamian arc right now there's still a lot factors at play here.

Honestly I think Enkidu story ends at Huwawawawa because there's really nothing for him to do and I don't see Gil being around until the final moments ala Babylonia. I think the bull fight is to serve mostly for Tine to shine and get the drop kick on fila.
    While I think Enkidu probably will get killed during against Humbaba, I have a hunch that Narita is directing Enkidu to move on and find more purpose instead of getting obssessed with Humbaba stuff, judging his FGO interlude (also written by Narita)
    Other than mesopotamia stuff, he still has a promise to Richard on aiding him.

volume 6

Just found it funny that Enkidu knew Flat isn't human but casually helped Flat anyway without care about that even when he never met Flat (if the spoiler I read was correct)

I see Gil dying before Enkidu does, there's really no point in doing a 1:1 recreation of the Epic when you can have the twist where Enkidu is the one left to handle everything instead. Plus he kinda needs to do stuff alone.

the twist would be the bull attacking Ishtar instead

"why did you take me away from home I was about to have a sweet wrestling match against a primordial god wtf"

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by noname14 View Post
    the twist would be the bull attacking Ishtar instead
    Already happened in Ishtar's interlude.