Page 499 of 680 FirstFirst ... 399449489494497498499500501504509549599 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,980 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Thanks for the translation. Just before page 500 too. So I guess Humbaba's anti-humanity curse works on Enkidu too, thus being a counter to him due to his vulnerability to death curses. It's interesting that dying Gil is somehow connected to the fake Underworld. Is it because he's dying, or is it because of the death curse (as Enkidu says it's descended from Pestilence). Wish I could see the look on the faces of those guards as Wolf strutted in.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The latter. Doomsday Come is a replica of Snowfield made by Pale Rider, aka disease incarnate, and Gilgamesh's body is caring Humbaba's curse of disease, so Gil becomes a point where both dream and reality are sharing the exact same attribute.

Thanks for the TLs as always OSoS, and ooh this is getting more confusing

Thanks for the translation as always!

This is interesting, I wonder where Gil's "resurrection" will go from here. Tine is a devoted Master, and her interactions with Enkidu are nice. Him noting they are both connected to the land is a nice touch.

Blog Entries
    Thank as always OSoS
    Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofSky View Post
    Massive quantities of magical energy coursed through Tine’s Magic Circuits. Every nerve in her body was beginning to groan in protest.
    As she spoke, however, her face was twisted not with pain but with regret.
    “I . . . couldn’t do anything. . . . I didn’t do anything. . . .”
    Poor Tine bro

500 pages! yay?

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    We move faster than Fate Strange Fake itself! Yay!

“I can only think of one Heroic Spirit that His Majesty would call a friend and who could also compete with him in raw power.” “I wonder. That was probably true while I was alive,” Enkidu answered evasively
    I find Enkidu's reaction odd here. He already briefly fought Gil (though it's implied both weren't quite fighting at full power yet), so he should know they are still roughly equals.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Being a servant can mean better or worse

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by RCM9698 View Post
    I find Enkidu's reaction odd here. He already briefly fought Gil (though it's implied both weren't quite fighting at full power yet), so he should know they are still roughly equals.
    Could be a couple of reasons:

A) Low self-worth compared to how he views Gilgamesh
    B) As a servant, he has weaknesses he didn't' use to have
    C) A difference in the master being able to draw out their power
    D) Gilgamesh has advantages as a servant

Maybe more.

Wolf is still weakened, so Enkidu doesn't get his "perfect Master" stat pool (enough points for A-ranks across the board) while Gil doesn't rely on the strength of his master as much.
    That doesn't fit perfectly as an answer though since Enkidu implies it's something more fundamental, not just due to circumstances and Masters.
    What else is different? Well, Enkidu's soul was destroyed so he doesn't really have that. Can't think of anything else that would be post-death but not a weakness they both share (like reliance on magical energy to manifest, being spirits etc)

Probably he is saying that because enkidu probably couldn't access his full power as a servant and Gilgamesh can go even stronger than what he is currently doing.

What is it that he can't access though? Enkidu's Enuma Elish scales up via the Counter Force so even if Gil busted out super duper hyper Ea it wouldn't matter. Theoretically Gil's treasury is actually infinite now + has all of humanity's tech but because everything was already made in Uruk = Age of Babylon can do the exact same stuff. Plus it's not like Gil will ever use GoB to its full potential.

It already lost most of its power just by gaining intelligence. His original body is made of clay by gods. The body it has is made my True ether. Which should be inferior to it's original body composition.

Enkidu had lost most of his power by the time he first fought Gil due to Shamhat and gaining humanity, it shouldn't factor in with this comparison

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    My assumption was just that Gil benefited more from deification to Heroic Spirit than Enkidu did. As living beings, they were equivalent, but Gil's gains from becoming a Heroic Spirit include stuff like retroactively having every 'legend' even if it's a paradox for him to have it and all of that, whereas Heroic Spirit Enkidu, as far as we know currently, is pretty 1:1 for living Enkidu. If one part gets significant gains from that and the other doesn't, a gap forms.

That said, Enkidu's still "Gil's equal" inherently, so just since Heroic Spirits are stories and etc etc, I'd think if they fought it'd be a double KO regardless, but eh.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    My assumption was just that Gil benefited more from deification to Heroic Spirit than Enkidu did. As living beings, they were equivalent, but Gil's gains from becoming a Heroic Spirit include stuff like retroactively having every 'legend' even if it's a paradox for him to have it and all of that, whereas Heroic Spirit Enkidu, as far as we know currently, is pretty 1:1 for living Enkidu. If one part gets significant gains from that and the other doesn't, a gap forms.

That said, Enkidu's still "Gil's equal" inherently, so just since Heroic Spirits are stories and etc etc, I'd think if they fought it'd be a double KO regardless, but eh.
    Enkidu's interlude notes he was summoned with limiters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
    Enkidu's interlude notes he was summoned with limiters.
    If you mean the second interlude, that's something he lost when he gained humanity (and lost divinity), so before he met Gil

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    If you mean the second interlude, that's something he lost when he gained humanity (and lost divinity), so before he met Gil
    Separate statements. While he noted his anti-humanity trait, he also said there were limiters placed on him during his summoning.

US Friend Code
    Does anyone remember what chapter was the one where Richard is shown the Holy Grail Dialogue?