Page 505 of 680 FirstFirst ... 5405455495500503504505506507510515555605 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,100 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    wow why do you even read the series if you clearly dislike the elements and plot of the series
    Welcome to the community nowadays
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Guga View Post
    Yes, and both sides are fine with it, so where's the problem?
    The problem is with this attitude of not wanting to have your characters feature in the franchise's big crossover game because "spoilers" or whatever reason but then also not progressing with their story

I think SF is the best part of Fate (if it keeps this level of quality up until the end) along with Zero. It's also one of the most popular spin-offs, there's no way they are cancelling it. My only gripe with it is its slow pace of release and a few unlikable (Team TArcher) and overused (Team FBerserker) characters. The story of GO is fine I guess but doesn't come close to SF IMO.

Ignoring how bad of a take the rest of this is, can someone please point me to where Narita was so adamant about "no SF servants in FGO til I'm done" or where he was supposedly angry because they included SF stuff in FGO already? Every time I try to look this up it always goes like "Narita got mad about enkidu in FGO", "uh no actually it was edison he was mad about because it spoils true berserker", "uuhhh ACTUALLY he was mad about prelati in saber wars", and it just keeps going like a fucking game of telephone but nobody ever sources anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    ^ there's literally no source for this stuff and i'm so frustrated over it.

I really don't want to dig on his twitter because it was a long time ago, but when someone (english speaker to boot) kept @'ing him to have FSF servants in FGO, he had responded to it. I use google translate so it's not a perfect translation, but the gist sounded like it wasn't up to him to who gets added and who doesn't.

What I don't like is when people blow it out of proportion like he "gets mad" or "locks them out of FGO jail," because he's never expressed getting mad. Playfully frustrated maybe but in his after words he's always said it was a challenge & whatnot. He's also rolled for all of the servants he's written for in FGO too, like...he plays the game too and seems to enjoy it? I just don't like to see him being painted as an immature person when he hasn't shown any signs of that at all. He also wondered how FGO would implement SF Jack if they were ever added, so like my feeling is if his servants were added into FGO he might actually be happy about it lol.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; October 14th, 2020 at 07:54 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Eh, thing is while Narita does pull some meme things like making a supposedly Berserker Edison an Humbaba and changing Shi Huang Di to some random Sea God because they appear in FGO, I don't think he cares too much about that and more concerned with what will happen if character added to FGO before he finished writing them.
    Because there easily could be a situation where he might want to change some stuff(aka example above) but would be unable to because it's already written in their character profile/voice lines/in chapter. And I have a hunch that Narita doesn't have the whole thing planned ahead too much. Maybe some ideas and themes, but not the plot or some characters more than a volume or so.
    Mostly because he does talk with Nasu and while Mushroom is weird sometimes I really don't think that he would deliberately use Servants that Narita want to incorporate in story to fuck him up.
    Plus, while, FGO is pretty out there with it events and story, they at least try to find time and place for adding new servants. Collab one's is mostly Golden Week. Only Pale Rider is dead and kinda finished, but releasing him with the situation in the world would be a bit tasteless.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, seeing how much shit Alkeides summons and rides, I feel Rider is Heracules strongest class. /S~
    Last edited by WhiteNightSin; October 14th, 2020 at 08:22 PM.
    JP:
    Spoiler:

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteNightSin View Post
    Eh, thing is while Narita does pull some meme things like making a supposedly Berserker Edison an Humbaba and changing Shi Huang Di to some random Sea God because they appear in FGO, I don't think he cares too much about that and more concerned with what will happen if character added to FGO before he finished writing them.
    Because there easily could be a situation where he might want to change some stuff(aka example above) but would be unable to because it's already written in their character profile/voice lines/in chapter. And I have a hunch that Narita doesn't have the whole thing planned ahead too much. Maybe some ideas and themes, but not the plot or some characters more than a volume or so.
    Mostly because he does talk with Nasu and while Mushroom is weird sometimes I really don't think that he would deliberately use Servants that Narita want to incorporate in story to fuck him up.
    Plus, while, FGO is pretty out there with it events and story, they at least try to find time and place for adding new servants. Collab one's is mostly Golden Week. Only Pale Rider is dead and kinda finished, but releasing him with the situation in the world would be a bit tasteless.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, seeing how much shit Alkeides summons and rides, I feel Rider is Heracules strongest class. /S~

Did pale rider really die? Who was able to kill it? (havent read volume 6. waiting for the PDF of the full translation haha)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    [IIRC Tsubaki severs her contract with him and tells him to fuck off with Command Spells (in reverse order).]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

it's obviously a red herring c'mon guys he's gonna come back, right? ;-;

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteNightSin View Post
    Eh, thing is while Narita does pull some meme things like making a supposedly Berserker Edison an Humbaba
    But Berserker Edison was always clearly a red herring? And Humbaba was also planned since the beginning as Narita himself said. Especially since part of the story is Epic of Gilgamesh redux:
    Quote Originally Posted by vol.5 afterword
    The Heroic Spirit whose name comes up at the end is something that I’ve been holding in reserve since the before the series began and has accumulated a lot of background details ahead of time.

Me four years ago: “I wonder how Gilgamesh would react if ______ actually showed up in front of him.”
    Mr. Nasu four years ago: “Ve__ta facing Perfect Ce__ or post-transformation Fr__za.”
    Me four years ago: “Excuse me?”
    Mr. Nasu four years ago: “Instead of energy blasts, he’d let out an angry yell, like ‘Kwaaah!’ and rapid-fire Gate of Babylon with an aura like a merciless demon.”
    Me four years ago: “We’ll have to collect the seven (Heroic Spirit’s) souls and summon the wish-granting dragon . . .!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    But Berserker Edison was always clearly a red herring? And Humbaba was also planned since the beginning as Narita himself said. Especially since part of the story is Epic of Gilgamesh redux:
    So haruri was mistaken when she thought humbaba was edison but that connection to cables and electrcity. Wild

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    it's obviously a red herring c'mon guys he's gonna come back, right? ;-;
    He didn't fade away on screen so very likely yes

Quote Originally Posted by Samuka View Post
    So haruri was mistaken when she thought humbaba was edison but that connection to cables and electrcity. Wild
    Not quite, Haruri tried to summon Edison but got Humbaba instead. Then she spend an entire book questioning wth did she summon!? Which was among the first clues the narrative gave calling at Edison being a red herring, Haruri didn't seem to believe she got Edison but she didn't knew what/who she got instead

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    The problem is with this attitude of not wanting to have your characters feature in the franchise's big crossover game because "spoilers" or whatever reason but then also not progressing with their story
    Well, I can kinda see what's your point, but just can't agree with it. Like, for me at least, there's no problem with someone wanting to "restrain" its characters for appearing on other works while developing his own work at his pace. But since this is more like a personal take there's no big point in continuing this discussion.

Just to know, you at least agree that a lot of times people go way overboard with this critisim to Narita right?

Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    I use google translate so it's not a perfect translation, but the gist sounded like it wasn't up to him to who gets added and who doesn't.
    Thanks for this, I always assumed that the "off from fgo" thing was based on some older Narita tweet, and since I couldn't find any source I just blind believed it. Seeing someone, who actually read it, saying something that makes way more sense than the "I prohibit that FGO uses any piece of my work" makes me relieved.
    I will probably dig on Narita twitter just to find the source, but knowing that this tweet exists just makes this whole thing clear

Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    Can it really be 'overrated' if it isn't that popular (here in the west, anyway)?
    It’s the most fellated Fate thing these days by most normies and the wider public I find. Really it’s the second coming of Zero in a lot of ways.

If you ask me it’s a travesty of a work and Narita being Narita mixed with a setting especially not good for Narita being Narita but. Well, I’m around to see what happens even if it ends up boring me to a point that I remember with more impact Fate Labyrinth honestly.

Blog Entries
    waah popular work bad waah

bottom text

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    It’s the most fellated Fate thing these days by most normies and the wider public I find. Really it’s the second coming of Zero in a lot of ways.
    Man you're lucky. Most of my friends at school don't even know what Fate is, and if they do they know it from the UBW/Zero anime. And then when I say what I like from the franchise is from a light novel, I just get weird looks.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; October 15th, 2020 at 06:41 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code

This is really overinflating FSF's popularity lmao. In a world where FGO onlys exist, saying FSF is similar to Fate Zero in terms of popularity, lavish praise, and fans dissonant with the rest of the franchise is just baffling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

It /is/ the only non-FGO thing that people say nice things about tho.

- - - Updated - - -

(limited category I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    waah popular work bad waah

bottom text
    I mean if it = popular meant it was bad I'd be trashing FGO completely.

But as much as FGO is a pain and sad affair at times it has a lot more legitimately good parts than Strange Fake too imo.

My problems with Strange Fake aren't that it's popular at all. But there's no point in saying its not popular when it clearly is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    It /is/ the only non-FGO thing that people say nice things about tho.

- - - Updated - - -

(limited category I know)
    Most people say bad things about Apo because its the cool thing to do. Same with hating on Sakurai (and therefore Fragments) because Septem and other FGO stuff p sure. Not that Fragments does not have its problems and it makes me wish for more what a beautiful translations instead of it but...

I feel like that's also because people probably don't really read Requiem at all.