Page 567 of 680 FirstFirst ... 67467517557562565566567568569572577617667 ... LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,340 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Blog Entries
    yeah, I don't dislike the multiple perspective part, it's the monster of the hour part that's getting kind of tiring
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    yeah, I don't dislike the multiple perspective part, it's the monster of the hour part that's getting kind of tiring
    That's fair, though really how many more times can they realistically abuse this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Blog Entries
    There are still whatever Ayaka's deal is and Sigma becoming True Lancer. Narita can probably still add some vaguely unrelated character to shift the power level though. I guess that's part of the charm of his writing.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

夜属 Nightkin
    I mean according to the spoilers, the bull of heaven is appearing in snowfield so it seems that we may get it at least one more time. I want to believe that the bull of heaven and that creature taking over flat could be trials sigma would need to overcome to become a hero. I remember in the UBW route that we are told that heroes perform the impossible which is why they are considered heroes. Against two beings that rival servants, that could be the impossible sigma would need. Maybe we will find out his birth name

I am a bit confused. Is that meeting of US ViPs a future event? Because, while it has been a while since I read the last novel, I do not remmber there being a shockwave big enough that also impacted Russia.
    I am assuming this is a meeting that will happen AFTER the events of this volume?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The VIPs meeting happens in Day 4. We're just shown this is snippet before being returned to Day 3. The very scene says it.

Why did the masterminds of the Holy Grail War make this decision?

That was due to the events of the previous day.

The death of a young mage named Flat Escardos, and the consequential birth of a new lifeform.

JP Friend Code
    I don’t wanna sound like I’m rushing you at all (it’s a blessing that you’re even doing this for us), but do you have any idea on roughly how regularly you’ll be updating the volume? Just so I can know how often I should be checking back in on the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The VIPs meeting happens in Day 4. We're just shown this is snippet before being returned to Day 3. The very scene says it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No. I can tell you that this update is 14 pages longs and the next will be 42 pages because of a nonstop fight scene, but that there's no estimating how many pages I'll do per day or which days I'll work on this. Just expect it to take a while.

Chapter 21: Beings shaped in man's image (part 2)
    I considered "me", Flat Escardos, to be a lovely neighbor.

I'm hearing... something.

We're not exactly siblings.

Much less split personalities.

Flat and I have different souls and different foundations of existence, after all.

What am I hearing?

It's like the sound of gears grinding.

Something inside my body is breaking, tearing, and snapping.

I was the first of the two to become conscious, apparently.

But I can't say for sure.

Well, since Flat's brain activity was a stepping stone for the development of my consciousness, it's pointless to ask who came first, I guess.

The sound, the sound, my body, I can't mo- Ah, it's me.

The sound, inside me. My spine. It's hot. It hurts. It's cold.

What's? Happening? To my body?

At the moment the Magic Crest is inherited, the consciousness of the provisory proprietor... Flat's consciousness concludes its role and is supposed to vanish from inside me completely.

That was the plot written 1800 years ago.

Flat's ancestor, Messara Escardos, was a proper mage, despite his romanticism.

He was a mage like the ones you know.

Does that give you some peace of mind?

A v-v-v-voice voice. Whose voice?

I can't see anything. Who where? Where?

Flat was an unwanted child, a soul despised by his own parents. He was meant to be deleted, as needless data I wasn't going to absorb anything from.

But guess what? Flat noticed me.

He found me in there. Can you believe that?

Ever since he was conscious, he could tell I was living under the circuits that composed him.

His genius has nothing to do with me... I think.

He had my body in its perfected state but it was through his own sharpness that he managed to manifest my abilities, even if only my eyes. And that's not even the most amazing thing about him.

Where did my eyes go?

Remember. My finger. That monster. The monster plucked my finger off.

Flat, Flat.

Right. Flat Escardos.

That's the target's name.

The brat I, the brat we shot dead.

Faldeus said he was regular mage.

Then why we couldn't kill him for real?

Did the Heroic Spirit do this? No.

I was incomplete until the start of the transplant of Magic Crest, which contains my program.

So he could have erased me if he wanted to.

I've heard of this one vampire who can reincarnate by printing his soul into others, but unfortunately, my existence isn't as firm as his.

I was arranged to first reach completion when combined with the Magic Crest Messara designed.

If I was discovered before this stage, I'd be the one deleted. When that happens, whoever had my perfected body would be running Messara's Magic Crest instead of me, giving a chance to the next generation. That's his idea of settling for the second-best outcome, I guess.

Expect Flat didn't erase me.

Not even when he was old enough to understand what I was. Not even when he gained the means to eliminate me.

Flat extended a friendly hand to the one who was planning to delete him.

Fully aware of everything.

Perhaps a mage who understood of what his ancestor was trying to accomplish would offer themselves, but... Flat wasn't like that.

Well, I'm also sort of special... or I should say Messara was. The data recorded in the Magic Crest contained no algorithm demanding that I be like a proper mage.

Messara only demanded that I stayed alive. That I kept existing.

He didn't want his continued existence, only the continued existence of his creation.

He wanted me to, if possible, find a way to stay alive on this planet after the end of Human Order or after humanity detached itself from the planet.

What is this voice?

Is it talking to me?

Oh? You're conscious of me? Took you long enough.

Or is it that your mind finally got used to the situation?

I guess it was weird of me to expect you to zone in any sooner.

After all, it only has been three seconds since I accelerated your thoughts, if I had to count in terms of this planet's standard time flow axis.

Accelerated thoughts? What have you...?

It's too dark, I can't see anything.

Is this telepathy? What's going on? I can't move!

It's not dark at all.

Our world is brimming with radiant light... It's really a place worth living in.

Flat told me it was. If he said it's bright, it can't be dark.

It's just... not visible to you right now.

Might be because I gouged your eyes out.

That said, Flat wasn't talking about light in the visual information sense. He meant it in the emotional sense.

Well, you won't be able to sense that light either, considering you're about to die.

Unless death is a source of hope for you.

Ah, that reminds me, Flat always dreamed of having something called the Mind's Eye.

Gouged my eyes? My eyes, eyes?

Who? Who are you? What are you?

The last thing I saw...

Was like...

Flat's... other personality?

That's not what I am. Did you already forget the first thing I told you?

I am... hmm, let's see.

I believe the answer is too complex for you, so just think of me as something like a devil.

Not a devil. Something like one. Important distinction.

Nowhere near as major of an entity as the True Devils lurking on this planet.

Think of a more abstract kind of devil. The kind that appears in your human society allegories.

The kind that appears in the cartoonish hell invoked by Jack the Ripper's Noble Phantasm. Yes, that might be the closest analogy.

After all, that's the exact idea Messara Escardos was going for when he created me.

Messara? Who? What are you talking about?

Aaah, Aaah, eyes! My EYES!

That Heroic Spirit... The man calling himself Dumas knows I exist.

But he ignored me.

He avoided my domain almost completely when he mixed Flat and Jack the Ripper.

I have nothing but praise for his finesse, but it disturbs me a little how I have no idea why he did that.

Still, I couldn't exactly take my time to ponder his objective while the process was happening.

While my emotions have no real equivalent in human emotions, I guess it'd be somewhat accurate to say I was jealous.

Oh yeah, that's right, I envied that serial killer Heroic Spirit.

His soul was mixed with Flat's in a much truer sense than mine.

If it was me instead of him, I wouldn't have let Flat die.

I could easily have reflected your lead bullets.

This very Holy Grail War could have been...

No, forget it.

The Grail War was Flat's, not mine.

It's not a place for someone like me, who doesn't have a wish for the Holy Grail.

I just helped him do his analyses sometimes.

Flat is enough of a genius to do it on his own, but he's lazy, so I'm often helping.

Think of me as his navigation system.

What are you talking about?

What are you making me listen to?

Sorry, I've gone off-topic.

I didn't mean to get this emotional.

Flat had a mostly positive view of everything, but I'm more of a negative person.

I'm a fan of poetry and melodrama.

That's the reason.

This is why I'm accelerating your thought channels and taking turns talking to you one by one.

Flat would never do something like this. He's too efficiency-minded for it. If he were in my place, he'd have laughed this whole thing off.

But I can't be like that.

I've existed for a long time, but this is the first time I can go out and talk to people.

I wished I knew how to talk like Flat's mentor.

What a fascinating teacher, that man is.

His speeches are clever but clear, irresolute but strong-willed.

And most of all...

...oh, sorry. Off-topic again.

The most relevant and important thing here is the first thing I said.

I considered "me", Flat Escardos, to be a lovely neighbor.

Everything I said about myself so far has been a preamble to emphasize this main point.

After he recovered the whole Magic Crest in the Casa and I gained all of my knowledge, I became sure of my mission and tried to delete Flat. When I did...

That hopeless genius smiled at me.

Flat saved my heart.

Flat swore the two of us would live together.

And you killed him.

A, ah!

I remember I remember I remember.

M-m-my bod-d-d-d-dy-y-y-y.

He fol-ded-ded me.

I heard the creak. It was my spine.

Crushed? Torn? No, which? No, no, NO.

Don't get me wrong.

This is not revenge. My goal is not to extend your suffering.

Well, me killing you is obviously your just deserts for killing Flat and also a means to fulfill the mission engraved in me.

But this part about accelerating your thoughts to get this whole telepathic speech across is because I wanted you to know the motive behind your gruesome deaths.

I don't think Flat would kill you if you killed me.

One time, I told Flat he needed to kill someone. His answer:

"I won't say murder is NEVER okay, but if you have to kill someone, I think you should tell them your reasons first. I'm sure both of you will feel better about it that way. Even if you can't get them to agree with you, the fact that you took your time to tell them is important."

What an idiot, don't you agree?

Why waste a chance to kill for a parting rant?

You'd think someone who refuses to kill because it's inefficient wouldn't advise me that not carrying any hard feelings when I kill is a long-term benefit.

Even in his last minutes, he was wasting his time with concern for that thing.

He made his excuse that the thing looked like Sajou Ayaka, but why should we care? Our eyes can tell at first glance that it was someone else... Not even human.

That's why he died.

You ended Flat and I began.

And I told you the whole story, as a tribute to Flat.

That's all I wanted to say.

Sorry for wasting your time.

There's no stopping what's happening to you, so I'll turn off the mental acceleration.

Sto

He lp

My bad. One thing I said was a lie.

You have no idea how much I'd love to make you suffer for a long, deep, hollow, and eternal time.

You should be grateful that I'm not.

Not to me but to Flat Escardos.

Ah, ah.

Look at how easily a human dies just from being folded to the size of a kitten.

You people need sturdier souls.

The Holy Grail could fix souls into a material state, was it?

...Well not with the Grail here.

Snowfield's vessel doesn't have the Third's essence.

But what about the real one?

Could Fuyuki's Holy Grail do it?

Does the famed land still have the Holy Grail? Its vestiges? Its corpse?

No, don't get any stupid ideas.

It's too late to materialize his soul. It won't turn back time.

That's the domain of another magic. One far distant from the third one.

I'll just do what I must.

Human malice took Flat Escardos away from me.

It was an attack against my reason to live. Against my very life.

Then I'll strike back.

To prolong my survival.

To continue my survival.

I'll live the long life my friend couldn't. This is for the only one who understood me... The sole human I meant to protect.
    Last edited by Comun; October 16th, 2022 at 11:26 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    "I think you should them your reasons first." Looks to be missing "tell."

spoilers for (redacted)'s name

1800 years of development and messara couldn't code some therapy for this kid

Edit:

I was incomplete until the start of the transplant of Magic Crest.
    I believe might be missing "the" in "transplant of Magic Crest"
    Last edited by friendly; October 17th, 2022 at 12:52 AM.

夜属 Nightkin
    Guess quick questions for clarification. Does this mean flat and this mysterious figure shared the same body even before the crest was implanted because it sounds like this thing lived in the same body but flat was aware it existed and used its ability to see magical energy . And what did it mean by perfected body ? What would this look like had flat erased the thing

JP Friend Code
    Alrighty. Thank you for even picking it up anyway. With the OG Saint of a translator currently busy with life stuff, you’re our only hope. Hopefully he comes back

- - - Updated - - -

I guess this being is like an attachment, or DLC for Flat’s soul. I know they say they’re not the same being; but I think it might be like a part of Flat’s soul that he doesn’t use. An extra that exists independently.

With the crest being programming that fully sets the extra existence in motion. This is just a guess though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuka View Post
    Guess quick questions for clarification. Does this mean flat and this mysterious figure shared the same body even before the crest was implanted because it sounds like this thing lived in the same body but flat was aware it existed and used its ability to see magical energy . And what did it mean by perfected body ? What would this look like had flat erased the thing
    - - - Updated - - -

Also, as for the “perfected body,” I believe Flat’s body is just the result of the plan to have a body that can fully use the abilities needed. In other materials, his ancestor said something like “if we allow the circuits to stack for over a thousand years, it might be possible.” I think Flat’s body has all the extra circuits of his ancestors, which would be why they remained so mediocre

The crest is just the programming for the other being, with probably how to use specific abilities?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by friendly View Post
    spoilers for (redacted)'s name
    TBH I can't blame him for being upset. They did kill him, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I like Flatmate, here's hoping to a great showing from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What is Theia's gender? I'm assuming male, but that's mainly cuz Flat's a dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Profile says the “foundation” of Thia is male. Whether that correlates into male pronouns or not, dunno.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Their gender is "Flat's a dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Profile
    Next update
    Pretty much wholly equivalent to Enkidu's situation, but I'm more willing to put the "he" on Thia if it turns that both of them using "them" makes their fight too hard to follow.

Update: at one point the narration stops dehumanizing him completely and starts calling him a boy, so I'll be making the it->he switch in the appropriate moment.
    Last edited by Comun; October 31st, 2022 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks Comun.

Flat and Dumas remain based.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    TBH I can't blame him for being upset. They did kill him, after all.
    I wish they had turned the soldiers into twizzlers so I agree.

No. I can tell you that this update is 14 pages longs and the next will be 42 pages because of a nonstop fight scene, but that there's no estimating how many pages I'll do per day or which days I'll work on this. Just expect it to take a while.
    Thanks for your work on the translation, Comun!