Page 588 of 680 FirstFirst ... 88488538578583586587588589590593598638 ... LastLast
Results 11,741 to 11,760 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

The Grand Assassin.... is the one who assassinates himself..
    woah.....

Blog Entries
    I wonder if the fact that Hassan as-Sabbah being a real person with well-documented history and anecdotes is ever going to be addressed.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

US Friend Code
    The completely unsubstantiated vibe I've always gotten is that Narita always intended True Assassin to be the first Hassan. But then Nasu introduced King Hassan in Camelot, and so this is how Narita is reconciling it.

JP Friend Code
    I think it's either that or Nasu gave him a vague outline and Narita went from there. Nasu then went with how KH ended up in FGO.

As a side note It doesn't really matter if there are two versions of the same person in the same class nowadays. There are two lancer cu chulainns, two Vlad the impalers, two Arthur Pendragons, why not two first old man of the mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    I wonder if the fact that Hassan as-Sabbah being a real person with well-documented history and anecdotes is ever going to be addressed.
    I would imagine the second Hassan is probably the closest to the real Hassan-i-Sabbah. But at this point they're basically just OCs in the vein of Altera, only I'm okay with them because they're really freaking awesome actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    And that's it for the preview. Released before the volume proper, so I'm now free from all of my self-imposed deadlines for the foreseeable future. Yay.

Chapter 24: Fifth afternoon - Be silent, ****** (preview)

Bring reverence and adoration.
    The azure sky is present every hour.
    Bring sacrilege and profanation.
    Words are meaningless before true power,
    they fade to nothing with a thundershower.
    Live ignorantly. Search is damnation.
    The mad whirlwinds shall permit all.
    The azure sky shall forbid all.

Since, in the sky's veil, every star
    reflects the image of goddess Ishtar,
    the season of harvest comes at last.
    Lives hatched out of the land here,
    return to their place in the celestial sphere.
    Greens and grain will be moist by the planet's shed tears.
    Reverence to the seas billowing with ire.
    Adoration to the crops set afire.
    From the distant Venus pours fair might,
    with equal parts glory and ruin to raise this land right.

Our Ishtar shall be the last god granting creation her blessing.
    She will permit everything and she will punish everything.
    She is the goddess of love, therefore, harvest.
    The upcoming season will be the best.
    Bring reverence and adoration.
    Bring sacrilege and profanation.

A form of ritualistic prayer could be heard everywhere around the Temple.
    Translations are always appreciated, but it's extra cool that you went through the trouble of keeping the rhyme in the prayer.

I have a lot of respect for people who even just try to translate poetic language. It's unimaginably annoying.

JP Friend Code
    I imagine it would be extremely difficult. Comun is doing a great job with this translation imo.

Certified Bazett Appreciator Armandoiskyu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But wait, then what about his ONLY known skill? Shadow Lantern, how does that relate to First Hassan?

Different container, different aspect, different skills?
    Also we know that not everything gets listed as a skill, the sheets have limited info.

For all we know, this one is literally a shadow rather than it just being a metaphor for the relation between a servant and it's origin. In that case his skills would naturally be a little different.

Finally, we get some more information on True Assassin! And it was not what I expected at all. So True Assassin is not actually a true Hassan? But just someone/something that reached the Mausoleum of Azrael and now imitates King Hassan? I did not expect that. I was totally under the impression that they were an actual Hassan. But now it sounds like they are more akin to Pale Rider than an actual person. Maybe something like the physical manifestation of the concept of darkness? Embodying ancient humanities fear of the dark? In any case, it no longer sounds like they are just some regular person. There is something going on there.

Thanks for the translation Comun!

- - - Updated - - -

Just had another thought, what if True Assassin is Zabaniya? I have never looked too deeply into King Hassan or the other Hassan's mats, but do we know for fact that the Zabaniya that they all, except for King Hassan, use as the moniker for their NPs is really based on the whole angel of punishment lore? Could Zabaniya be an actual individual in the Nasuverse? And could they be True Assassin?

In Babylonia, Merlin talked about beings that "alive and death at the same time" such as Ziusudra or Utnapishtim and someone who claims to be Ziusudra should have the same characteristic. Maybe Narita lean toward that "Old Man" can be passed down to someone who accquire that Natural Body and can reach Azrael Mausoleum will have Azrael power (or become that angel of death) aka King Hassan. Similar case with Spectre in DC?.

Looks like we have (an updated) profile for True Hassan, and a profile for Ishtar in vol 8.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    https://imgur.com/a/FLsCW3u
    Here are the profiles.

Blog Entries
    What's the name of the Zabaniya?

Vol 8 based on the images

This seems to be the volume were Ishtar bites it after being shot by Sigma. TAssassin also contacts FAssassin to do something. Tine and the wolf cuddle. Ayaka is confronted by Rin (and presumably the rest of the class. Ayaka's true identity is Red Hood herself.

Last edited by RCM9698; February 9th, 2023 at 12:06 PM.

Plains of "Dwelving in lore, but barely scratching the true surface"
    Ran both profiles through Google Lens for a rough first impression, it seems that True Assassin's second Skill references directly Hassan of Intoxicated Smoke, the one Tristan killed in Camelot early on, implying some form of resistance to attacks and fusing in shadows. Cursed Arm does hold Intoxicated Smoke in high regards when it comes to assassination skills, so that matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Armandoiskyu View Post
    What's the name of the Zabaniya?
    Seems to be Meditative Sensivity. It also says that he left little information on its effects behind him, which matches what False Assassin says about it.
    We don't need sanity where we're going !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marethyu77 View Post
    Seems to be Meditative Sensivity. It also says that he left little information on its effects behind him, which matches what False Assassin says about it.
    I got 3 out of the 4 kanjis: 想神経 the first one eludes me on how it's written (i'm using Google translator's drawing function)

Edit: just checked, it really is Meditative Sensitivity

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    It's Meisou Shinkei, aka Meditative Sensitivity

Unrelated but it's sort of a shame how the naming scheme for Zabaniyas in japanese gets lost in translation