Page 504 of 680 FirstFirst ... 4404454494499502503504505506509514554604 ... LastLast
Results 10,061 to 10,080 of 13588

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    There probably is some humor to be had with canon Qin Shi Huang, but he reminds me too much of Schneizel el Britannia to ever truly be funny or clownish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    I don't think every SF Servant should-will merit enough potential SPOILER content as to just keep them from actually being used somewhere else rather than collecting dust.

I mean, we already have the basics of how each works as a character, their personalities, their traits, their powers. What, is Narita going to reveal each of them is actually a super duper secret Beast or alien or actually not a Servant but a pile of ducks in a Servants suit? No, bad jokes aside, maybe two or three have extremely important twists that can't be revealed before due time, but I highly doubt that's the case with all of them. Oh, I'm sure Dumas is super important and hides powers that would make him able to beat Karna, Gilgamesh and Ozymandias all at once, can't risk that being found out if we make him playable. Seriously.

And it's not like GO is going to spoil anything about the Masters or about the SF setting, which seem to be the biggest secret holders for Strange Fake. Not like everyone from EXTRA but Buddha and Arc being playable truly reveals any spoilers about who the villain of the first EXTRA game was, or what's the deal with the clown woman or the brothers or any of that. It's not like we are spoiled of what happens to the Black Faction Masters but Darnic just because everyone from Apocrypha is in GO either, and in Darnic's case it is because the game went out of its way to feature him. Different continuity, and Servants don't have to remember what happened in a previous summon or what happened to another timeline, so that's not an issue either. By now it just feels like cockblocking for the sake of cockblocking while not moving your ass to just finish a story that isn't even that good anyway. It's not like Narita's writing the masterpiece to end all masterpieces.

So far, this doesn't feel like the kind of thing where it's worth waiting HALF A FUCKING DECADE before anything even actually happens and counts as a real gamechanger. It's not BAD, but certainly not worth this eternal wait either. I'd have more fun from just seeing these characters being minor players in whatever foolishness GO is engaging into at the time than from the same time spent of them being the 'protagonists' of an immobile story where nothing is happening. The first is at least something, the second is, well, nothing.
    Last edited by OverMaster; October 11th, 2020 at 11:48 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't have any real opinion on this matter, but let's check the characters one by one just for the fun of it.

Spoilered for size
    Richard: His NP should be Rounds of Leonhart with all 7 guys (or a special move he gains only on the finale because protagonist), but we haven't seen his Lancer and Berserker yet, so nope.

Alcides: King's Order has too many items to fit them all in a FGO moveset, so I think it's ok to add him just with what we already got. We also already seen all his other NPs, his days in the story are counted, he already got a voice actor through Heracles, and easy 3 Ascensions (draped, undraped, and From Hell). He's good to go already.

Ligma and Moby: The Watcher Class has no place in FGO and the one with potential to be there is not a Servant yet.

Pale Rider: Already out of the race, but would wait at least until the end of the pandemic.

Hyppolita: 1 unrevealed Noble Phantasm.

Dumas: Will use cops for his attack animations, so we need to see more cool things cops can do. I wouldn't expecting until we at least see what Orlando's Noble Phantasm does.

Francesca: The biggest no on this list. Her goal is to get a miniature of the world, which is too plot relevant for FGO right now to go unaddressed. The risk of heavy spoilers runs on both sides with this one. Not to mention she was also working in Antarctica in 1994, so it's entire possible she's already in FGO as either a Master blown up by Lev or a staff member frozen by Anastasia.

Assassin: Like with Alcides, too many sub-NPs to fit in FGO and she's already shown enough for a nice moveset. Good to go in my book.

Hassan: We know close to nothing about him.

Jack: That's a weird case. We've already seen all his original self had offer, but Dumas cooked him into gaining Flat powers in volume 5, so maybe we should to see how what's the whole deal with Flat before making any decisions.

Humbaba: No sheet yet.

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    I don't think every SF Servant should-will merit enough potential SPOILER content as to just keep them from actually being used somewhere else rather than collecting dust.

I mean, we already have the basics of how each works as a character, their personalities, their traits, their powers. What, is Narita going to reveal each of them is actually a super duper secret Beast or alien or actually not a Servant but a pile of ducks in a Servants suit? No, bad jokes aside, maybe two or three have extremely important twists that can't be revealed before due time, but I highly doubt that's the case with all of them. Oh, I'm sure Dumas is super important and hides powers that would make him able to beat Karna, Gilgamesh and Ozymandias all at once, can't risk that being found out if we make him playable. Seriously.

And it's not like GO is going to spoil anything about the Masters or about the SF setting, which seem to be the biggest secret holders for Strange Fake. Not like everyone from EXTRA but Buddha and Arc being playable truly reveals any spoilers about who the villain of the first EXTRA game was, or what's the deal with the clown woman or the brothers or any of that. It's not like we are spoiled of what happens to the Black Faction Masters but Darnic just because everyone from Apocrypha is in GO either, and in Darnic's case it is because the game went out of its way to feature him. Different continuity, and Servants don't have to remember what happened in a previous summon or what happened to another timeline, so that's not an issue either. By now it just feels like cockblocking for the sake of cockblocking while not moving your ass to just finish a story that isn't even that good anyway. It's not like Narita's writing the masterpiece to end all masterpieces.

So far, this doesn't feel like the kind of thing where it's worth waiting HALF A FUCKING DECADE before anything even actually happens and counts as a real gamechanger. It's not BAD, but certainly not worth this eternal wait either. I'd have more fun from just seeing these characters being minor players in whatever foolishness GO is engaging into at the time than from the same time spent of them being the 'protagonists' of an immobile story where nothing is happening. The first is at least something, the second is, well, nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

"narita how dare you write your own characters in your own hack story where they don't even do anything, why don't you let them be retarded in fgo for a change"

christ almighty

Well, I do think it IS an overrated story, not so much better than 'retarded' Grand Order, and depending on the part of GO, at some parts Narita's writing is on par with it, sometimes actually even below it.

What are you going to do about it?

narita is based for dabbing on all the fgokeks. hope none of the servants get released in fgo.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alcides is hardly dabbing on FGO. Sucks to have shackled yourself for no reason.

Well, I do think it IS an overrated story, not so much better than 'retarded' Grand Order, and depending on the part of GO, at some parts Narita's writing is on par with it, sometimes actually even below it.

What are you going to do about it?
    I don't particularly like Strange Fake and I'd even say that the writing of Olympus was more or less on the same level, but by adding the servants of Strange Fake to FGO you would just get a few more memes and a few more waifus added to the roster.

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, but wishing to cancel Strange Fake for that ... shit (I am talking only about That part of fgo) is something I can't understand.

I think we can all agree that Plot>Dating sim and Memes, right?

The only good thing about having the characters from SF to Fgo would be the material books for me.
    Last edited by Mementore; October 12th, 2020 at 10:30 AM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Alcides is hardly dabbing on FGO. Sucks to have shackled yourself for no reason.
    That's one Servant I'd be happy to keep out of FGO. Shitty edgelord Herc-in-name-alone needs to stay in fakeland, where he belongs.

I'm mostly annoyed because I suspect there are things Narita's gonna hint at, that aren't gonna make it into interludes, and Servants that are already designed but are gonna be left out, maybe permanently.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    based retard narita and nasu sabotaging each other's stories

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mementore View Post
    I agree, what do you gain with Strange Fake's servants being added to fgo?
    I'm sorry I'm saving for the light of my life and I'd be sad if he's never added. Granted, I don't want his story to actually be over in FSF, so they can hold him off for a few more years--

But seriously with "Narita holding off his servants into FGO" I don't even think that's ever been confirmed it was just him? It's got to go through DW & Nasu as well.

Anyway, I'd love for the servants to be added eventually, but I prioritize the books before FGO.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; October 12th, 2020 at 07:37 PM.

I really don't get why so many people get upset with the "Off from FGO" thing, like, it is HIS story and characters, he has the right to don't want them to be released, and this is not necessarily a bad thing. Yes, Its a bit sad that they might not get released, but the way people cry over this just seems so exaggerated. Also, wasn't this a thing said by Narita like 3-4 years ago? people do change you know? I at least get the vibe that he is way more "lax" with FGO now than he was before, thanks to the "afterword" sections. Like when he said "I was relieved that Nasu hadn't changed much after FGO" or "I really liked working on Enkidu's Interlude".
    (My English is kinda lacking, but you got the idea)
    Last edited by Guga; October 12th, 2020 at 10:47 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Guga View Post
    it is HIS story and characters
    Using someone else's setting and characters as a starting point.

FSF servants not being in FGO, oh what a terrible loss.

Not really, considering I think FSF servants are the worst of any spin off on average as characters and also as servants.

That said I feel like they'd go a psuedo-servant route with Orlando and the Policemen instead of just using them with Dumas so they can get extra money. You can have John and Vera for waifu and husband bait/epic reference as the second and third ascension too.

Just have them somehow be the concept of Calatin and add some totally funni Medb lines in their myroom and everyone is totally happy

I hate it thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Using someone else's setting and characters as a starting point.
    Yes, and both sides are fine with it, so where's the problem?

I'm not a big fan of the books and I find them overrated so I'd rather have even GOtrash over this 'plot' that doesn't even show up for the job for months. It's like saying there's a race going when no car shows up, or they all steered off the lane or stopped at the middle of it and stayed there. What plot? All I see right now is a huge stretch of absolutely nothing going nowhere for months.

JP Friend Code
    Can it really be 'overrated' if it isn't that popular (here in the west, anyway)?

And there is a plot, it's just a character driven one rather than a solid single plot line. The pieces put it together.

I love the story and I'm just patient with it. Kind of funny that the one who doesn't like it cares about it finishing lol.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; October 13th, 2020 at 11:30 PM.

夜属 Nightkin
    I dont know. I had alot of fun reading this. While itll be fun using berserker Jack or False Assasinin FGO , Im fine if strange fake doesnt pop into Fgo. That shouldnt be a measure of anything I say

wow why do you even read the series if you clearly dislike the elements and plot of the series

I'm not a big fan of the books and I find them overrated so I'd rather have even GOtrash over this 'plot' that doesn't even show up for the job for months. It's like saying there's a race going when no car shows up, or they all steered off the lane or stopped at the middle of it and stayed there. What plot? All I see right now is a huge stretch of absolutely nothing going nowhere for months.
    If your opinion of FSF is so low then I can't really criticize you.

It's just that for me the value of FSF servants being added to fgo is really zero, so even if I didn't like Strange Fake I still wouldn't want it.