Page 511 of 680 FirstFirst ... 11411461501506509510511512513516521561611 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,220 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    I hope that he Narita does finish this someday.

My main fear is that I'll never get these servants in fgo. I really want these servants in my chaldea

He will. Schedule for F/SF may have been affected by his hiatus due to illness but it’s been fairly consistent. That said, how is OSoS translation coming along? Any news?

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Then again, if the illness relapses...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    Alright, but what's Tine supposed to do without Gil? Just drop out of the story and become the next Waver in a spin-off?
    When Iskandar died the 4th war was basically over and Waver himself couldn't do anything. But with Tine and Gil, one, the war is far from over if Gil dies right here, two, unlike Waver Tine is an actually talented mage so she can probably come up with some kind of plan, three Gil, despite having GoB lock, can still leave a parting gift for Tine to take down Ishtar (not actually fighting Ishtar mind you).

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    I hope that he Narita does finish this someday.
    I can't see Narita not finishing SF, certain sudden tragedies aside. It's a popular spin-off from an immensly popular franchise. The question is the timeframe. I hope someone at Type-Moon encourges him to speed the releases up.

He might settle for a technical finish.

Or show that to fit with its april fools roots it'll be a joke never to be finished!... Well, even I'd prefer it'd be complete I guess even if I think its terrible.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    He should honestly just drop his notes and framework (at least, I hope he has them and hasn't just been making stuff up as he goes the whole time) with another writer, works an agreement with them, let them finish the thing already, and still be paid for what he did.

I'll say it again, I'm not awed at the writing quality of S/F either. I like most of the story potential it throws all around, and the character premises, but the storytelling itself, I find it rather iffy. People often defend it bringing Durara or something else he wrote up, but whatever, I haven't read those but regardless of if they're the best stuff ever made by Japan or not, that is that and this is this, and this, on its own, doesn't impress me that way.
    Last edited by OverMaster; November 15th, 2020 at 08:32 PM.

Defending it via Durarara seems counterproductive considering the dumpster fire it sorta became.

Narita's always been like this as a writer, but other settings played better with his wants and flaws imo.

I think he has some general notes that are a combination of "Nasu said this, and also said this probably should happen, or would happen" and "I want to do this."

The rest is probably more made up than you'd hope.

At the moment I enjoy the story he’s setup, if I’m honest. It intrigued me and I think he’s set up several mysteries in the form of Flat and others that I want to see resolved.

There a few things I would have changed, namely some things about Alcides or Bazdilot. That said, I haven’t really thought the writing was terrible, what makes you guys dislike it?

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Narita's always been like this as a writer, but other settings played better with his wants and flaws imo.
    If you'd asked me before 2015 what the absolute worst genre/scenario for Narita to write would be, I'd have said a finite, self-contained scenario where most of the characters involved are expected to die (ie. a battle royale). While I find Strange Fake a lot more fun than most of TM's output these days, I can't say he's proven me wrong thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by RCM9698 View Post
    No new volume this year, and the wait for a new volume will now be at least a year. So much for speeding up the schedule.

Hello despair, my old friend.
    How long have you been waiting for Pantheon now and how long do you expect to still wait for it, may I ask?

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I actually like him, but more for his role as an antagonist than anything else. Also, I like his more analytical, world building narrative voice, as well as the respect he shows human foes.
    Yeah he is pretty analytical.

As for myself, I like that he is all "Gods must submit to Man and if they don't, I will use what humanity I have left in this demigod body to force them to heel".

It is a nice take IMO and he does of course come with the cold murderous rage characteristic of an Avenger

JP Friend Code
    I like the writing. But maybe it's more the translations, but i find it easy to read and not a lot of purple prose.

As for it being a battle royale, I don't care about that. Fate's always been a "battle royale" on the surface, but has always been more than that. I'm here to learn about the characters & how they play out.

Also i have a thing for zany characters and utter chaos.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; November 15th, 2020 at 10:25 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's definitely not a translation thing. Narita definitely cares about being easy to read, more so than any other TM writer save for Higashide.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I can definitely see it, even if the prose does have a typical "Japanese writer" feel. At least, with regards to English translations of light novels and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    I like the writing. But maybe it's more the translations, but i find it easy to read and not a lot of purple prose.

As for it being a battle royale, I don't care about that. Fate's always been a "battle royale" on the surface, but has always been more than that. I'm here to learn about the characters & how they play out.

Also i have a thing for zany characters and utter chaos.
    This is a take I wholeheartedly agree with. Narita’s prose is easy to read and I can honestly say that his storytelling up to now has kept me interested in the story. Additionally, I think the translations are very well done, so props to OSoS and other contributors.

Besides that, I think Narita’s tendency to write an ensemble cast shines here. Although, the story has moved a little slower than I would have liked.

wow, Enkidu has a lot of stuff that doesnt show up on his sheet (well, the FSF one)

he has high tier regeneration, can essentially manipulate nature and create a bounded field in a forrest and seemingly control space to a degree in his territory, is a living supercomputer, is an expert at mana transfers (take that as you will), can grasp the essence of someone and their motives with minimal observation (as he easily grasped a lot of things about Tine's guards and their personal motives), can create a ton of shit, including wish granting devices, can defuse magical wards just by standing there (i guess that is somewhat close to what Flat does, in a way) and his mana is so natural that it is hard to even notice him if he is in front of you, similar to EX rank PC.

and here i thought that Gil was the one with the versatility and Enkidu was the one with the edge in raw power.

at this point, i find it easier to just think of Enkidu as a top tier caster with EX rank Item Creation and with assassin traits like if he was a caster with the Double Summon skill

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    wow, Enkidu has a lot of stuff that doesnt show up on his sheet (well, the FSF one)

he has high tier regeneration, can essentially manipulate nature and create a bounded field in a forrest and seemingly control space to a degree in his territory, is a living supercomputer, is an expert at mana transfers (take that as you will), can grasp the essence of someone and their motives with minimal observation (as he easily grasped a lot of things about Tine's guards and their personal motives), can create a ton of shit, including wish granting devices, can defuse magical wards just by standing there (i guess that is somewhat close to what Flat does, in a way) and his mana is so natural that it is hard to even notice him if he is in front of you, similar to EX rank PC.

and here i thought that Gil was the one with the versatility and Enkidu was the one with the edge in raw power.

at this point, i find it easier to just think of Enkidu as a top tier caster with EX rank Item Creation and with assassin traits like if he was a caster with the Double Summon skill
    I do want info on Age of Babylon and what it can do,
    Also he doesn't possess "Perfect Form" as a skill here but I'm pretty sure he'll mention it as an ability of him.
    Also Raw Power wise Gil always had the edge. Enkidu can and will most of the return back that raw power at him.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    I do want info on Age of Babylon and what it can do,
    Also he doesn't possess "Perfect Form" as a skill here but I'm pretty sure he'll mention it as an ability of him.
    Also Raw Power wise Gil always had the edge. Enkidu can and will most of the return back that raw power at him.
    Isn't AoB just clay version of either GoB or UBW
    Also it was because FGO servant needs 3 active skills and he only had 2 (MR was a passive) so they had to make something up

Quote Originally Posted by noname14 View Post
    Isn't AoB just clay version of either GoB or UBW
    Also it was because FGO servant needs 3 active skills and he only had 2 (MR was a passive) so they had to make something up
    considering that he can seemingly make a magical booster to help Flat's phone and make a holy grail, i am guessing that he might be able to make legit magical artifacts, somehow

- - - Updated - - -

his regen does make sense though and it was mentioned in Strange Fake that he regenerates really fast (when he touched Gil)