Page 498 of 680 FirstFirst ... 398448488493496497498499500503508548598 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,960 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Blog Entries
    Śāriputra, form is not different from emptiness, and emptiness is not different from form. Form itself is emptiness, and emptiness itself is form. Sensation, conception, synthesis, and discrimination are also such as this. Śāriputra, all dharmas are empty: they are neither created nor destroyed, neither defiled nor pure, and they neither increase nor diminish. This is because in emptiness there is no form, sensation, conception, synthesis, or discrimination. There are no eyes, ears, nose, tongue, body, or thoughts. There are no forms, sounds, scents, tastes, sensations, or dharmas. There is no field of vision and there is no realm of thoughts. There is no ignorance nor elimination of ignorance, even up to and including no old age and death, nor elimination of old age and death. There is no suffering, its accumulation, its elimination, or a path. There is no understanding and no attaining.
    :thinkingemoji:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza
    PROP. XIV. Besides God no substance can be granted or conceived.

Proof.—As God is a being absolutely infinite, of whom no attribute that expresses the essence of substance can be denied (by Def. vi.), and he necessarily exists (by Prop. xi.); if any substance besides God were granted, it would have to be explained by some attribute of God, and thus two substances with the same attribute would exist, which (by Prop. v.) is absurd; therefore, besides God no substance can be granted, or, consequently, be conceived. If it could be conceived, it would necessarily have to be conceived as existent; but this (by the first part of this proof) is absurd. Therefore, besides God no substance can be granted or conceived. Q.E.D.

Corollary I.—Clearly, therefore: 1. God is one, that is (by Def. vi.) only one substance can be granted in the universe, and that substance is absolutely infinite, as we have already indicated (in the note to Prop. x.).

Corollary II.—It follows: 2. That extension and thought are either attributes of God or (by Ax. i.) accidents (affectiones) of the attributes of God.

PROP. XV. Whatsoever is, is in God, and without God nothing can be, or be conceived.

Proof.—Besides God, no substance is granted or can be conceived (by Prop. xiv.), that is (by Def. iii.) nothing which is in itself and is conceived through itself. But modes (by Def. v.) can neither be, nor be conceived without substance; wherefore they can only be in the divine nature, and can only through it be conceived. But substances and modes form the sum total of existence (by Ax. i.), therefore, without God nothing can be, or be conceived. Q.E.D.
    :hyperthink:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    So Lino is a Magician.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

not available due to uni Wallacia's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    i know i will get curificied for contributing to the madness of this exitential tier convo. but just to assure and be faithful to my heart. MENA! GUMINASAI! zero is not " " but rather "?'' since its value is undefined. if you keep dividing numbers by themselves, eventually they will get indefinite and irrational. and while their value will keep decreasing, it will never reach a ''peak'' per say. a common misconception is that ''zero'' represents the peak of devaluation where a number of value cannot be devalued anymore. this is a mistake and a bad one. since it rather represents a value that is out of defining reach rather than the former.

TDLR: 0 is like ∞, they don't represent what people usually think they do. as for the topic. nothing can't be something in the strict sense but if you loosen it up a bit, since nothing = absence of a thing, while something = the presence of an ''undefined'' thing, thus the ''undefined thing'' of ''something'' can/may be interpreted as ''nothing'' due to its ''undefineness''. so basically schrondinger cat. something may be a thing or nothing, if you think of it as probable rather than certain
    Last edited by Wallacia; August 21st, 2020 at 09:17 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Arc’s real master is a boy in a school uniform

Blog Entries
    in other words

If you speak of
    nothing
    disconnection
    , you limit Him,
    and if you speak of
    something
    connection
    , you define Him.
    If you speak of the two together,
    then you are free of error

dialectics is [ ] after all

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    does that make any sense?

ugh, my merge! but yes
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Manaka did not prepare me for this.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    I don't find the basic concept that hard to grasp.
    It is something the human mind is not really used to think about, at least not in those terms, but that "weirdness" aside I don't think the simple idea behind it is that complex.
    Same. Honestly, that Intro to Buddhism class I just took is really coming in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by RCM9698 View Post
    Well, I would be better if it was a bit more focused IMO. Or it is going to take 15 volumes to finish at this rate.
    An optimistic one aren't ya!

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly when someone dies (as in, proper dies. No "there's another person inside them" or "they're disconnected from their main source of power but haven't been explicitly made to disappear yet") we'll know that the story is coming to an end

is there any reason to believe that the root can be reached through discussion because I have a felling that the longer this subject goes on to closer we get

Quote Originally Posted by Wallacia View Post
    if you keep dividing numbers by themselves, eventually they will get indefinite and irrational.
    I hope you are using this terms improperly, because what you are saying is false.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    if you keep dividing numbers by themselves, eventually they will get indefinite and irrational
    If you divide any number by itself you end up with 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I'm also pretty confident you can't get irrational numbers from dividing rational numbers by rational numbers. Since, rational numbers are all the quotients of integers with non-zero denominators.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; August 22nd, 2020 at 05:56 PM.

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    I hope you are using this terms improperly, because what you are saying is false.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    If you divide any number by itself you end up with 1
    i'm using it informally yes if that's what you mean. as for aste. it wouldn't be a 'keep doing it'' if it ends at the first time. by ''themselves'', i didn't mean a particular number (obviously), but rather just numbers in general. Poor choice of words perhaps? Thought that should have been obvious but I guess people take anything literally so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    When speaking in mathematical terms, people will absolutely take you literally. I don't think there was any indication you were using those words "informally", and tbh if you're using math for an example, it should be as clear and not-ambiguous as possible

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    When speaking in mathematical terms, people will absolutely take you literally. I don't think there was any indication you were using those words "informally", and tbh if you're using math for an example, it should be as clear and not-ambiguous as possible
    note taken
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    i'm using it informally yes if that's what you mean. as for aste. it wouldn't be a 'keep doing it''.
    If you keep doing it you'll still get 1 because you'll be doing 1/1 ad infinitum
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

JP Friend Code
    On-hold (TBA)
    US Friend Code
    may post it.
    wow, lelo wasn't kidding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    If you keep doing it you'll still get 1 because you'll be doing 1/1 ad infinitum
    are you messing around or being serious? because i'm 99% you are messing with me. well, that, or you completely failed to understand what i wrote. either way. i sure got crucified for involvement. called it
    Spoiler:

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    You're still going on about this?!

Blog Entries
    are you messing around or being serious? because i'm 99% you are messing with me. well, that, or you completely failed to understand what i wrote. either way. i sure got crucified for involvement. called it
    Divide X by itself and you get 1. Divide that by itself and you get 1.

Here's another 3k+ words, bringing us to page 160. The next update I post should finish this chapter (which ends on 184).
    Look out for bold "I"s in the Flat section.
    Sticking with he/him for Enkidu in the present sections. I went back and checked some previous books, and Narita appears to use "彼" consistently outside of flashbacks when he uses any pronoun at all. I can't currently think of a compelling reason to translate that in a non-standard way.

As always, any corrections or suggestions are welcome.

FSF 6, Chapter 18: As Dream and Reality are Both Illusion I, part 3
    The Present, Snowfield, Crystal Hill, Upper Floors

The flowers that bloomed the first time he met “her.”
    What color had they been?

The upper floors of Crystal Hill.
    The direct elevator to the top-floor suite was currently only usable by a select group of people, the official reason being damaged glass due to high winds.
    Enkidu suddenly found himself reflecting on events from his life as he walked the red-carpeted hallway one floor below that led to the suite.
    Reflecting on the flowers that had grown thickly deep in the forest where he had spent time with the being called Huwawa.
    He remembered the color of the flowers that he had made bloom later.
    He had made clusters of pale blue flowers bloom for “her.”
    Enkidu would never recreate them on his own because there was no need, but if someone asked to see them, he could do so easily.
    In the end, however, he could not remember the color of the flowers that had been with “her”—the personality that called itself Huwawa.
    Why did Enkidu try to think of those flowers, which existed in a realm that was neither a record for his ‘completion’ nor a memory?
    Enkidu self-analyzed the reason, immediately arrived at two answers, and lowered his gaze with a faint smile.
    It was less a smile of self-derision than of pure nostalgia.
    One reason was that he had learned that his former sibling—Huwawa—was manifesting in the world.
    The other . . .
    “It’s not about personality or the color of their souls. . . . Their transience might be a little similar.”
    Enkidu continued to advance, sensing the presence of a girl in the inner recesses of the top floor.

“?”
    He turned a corner and found several men and women in black eyeing him with confusion and alarm.
    “Hey, who are you? Stop right there!”
    “This area is off limits to . . . Wait. Bare feet . . .”
    “Can this be real . . .? He’s not a mage. His magical energy is like . . . the Earth itself . . .”
    “A Servant . . .? Don’t tell me that’s Lancer!”
    Only a select few members of the organization occupying the suite were familiar with Enkidu’s appearance.
    Only the ones who had used their familiars to watch his battle with Gilgamesh on the first day.
    They had been told his distinguishing features, but none of them had expected him to just walk up to them in the hallway in broad daylight.
    The magical energy that coursed through the Heroic Spirit’s body was both of the same type as the magical energy that flowed through the earth’s leylines and as peaceful as a calm sea. Many magecraft-users and mages would not be able to detect it, even at close quarters.
    That was why, now that they had detected it, they understood.
    It was like they had caught a whiff of seawater by the shore and suddenly realized that there was a massive whale in front of them.
    It was too late to launch an attack. They doubted that anything they tried would have worked, even if they had struck first.
    There was almost nothing that they, who had not made contracts with Heroic Spirits, could do. Their superiors had even given them strict orders never to engage a Heroic Spirit if one appeared.
    They remained keenly aware of their holstered guns and offensive Mystic Codes, but not one of them reached for one.
    The Heroic Spirit saw that and spoke with a smile.
    The voice could be taken for male or female, but the Heroic Spirit’s sex didn’t matter to the black-suited guards.
    Not only his physical beauty, but everything, including the magical energy they sensed from within him and the way he moved as he walked toward them, told them that this was a “perfect body.”
    In the face of that fact, age and sex were trivialities. Types of curse or magecraft that varied according to sex would be meaningless before this mighty being regardless.
    “I’m going through.”
    The Heroic Spirit calmly said that short sentence.
    “. . .”
    The black-suited group, every inch of their skins breaking out in cold sweat, were powerless to do anything. They stood petrified.
    As the Heroic Spirit passed by them, he lowered his gaze slightly as if in thought, paused, and said:
    “You can relax. I haven’t come to fight. In fact, if you had chosen to fight, the thing you ought to be protecting might have ended up as collateral damage.”
    “. . .?”
    The looks on the guards’ sweat-drenched faces said that they did not understand what Enkidu was trying to say. He, still smiling, dispassionately stated the facts to them without a hint of irony or approbation.
    “I mean that you didn’t make the wrong decision. So, you don’t need to feel responsible. . . . I hope that you will continue to make correct choices.”
    Correct choices for whom?
    They wanted to ask, but they could not get the words out.
    They felt that the Heroic Spirit, who had done nothing but walk past them, had grasped their entire beings, and it terrified them—and then that Heroic Spirit glanced back at them and said:
    “It’s all right, Master. I’ve disarmed all of the security systems in this hallway. . . . That means it’s safe.”
    “. . .?!”
    Master.
    At that word, the guards’ tension reached its limit.
    They were shocked to discover that the Heroic Spirit had disarmed all of their defensive magecraft without appearing to do anything, but the reason he had done so was even more troubling.
    The fact that it was not just a Servant—a Master had marched in on them as well.
    The leader they were supposed to be guarding had currently as good as lost her Servant.
    If this Master had come to propose an alliance, would they just eliminate her once they realized the situation?
    The worried group shifted its attention to the corner of the hallway.
    A moment later . . . with slow, cautious steps, sniffing as it went, a sleek, silver-coated wolf rounded the bend.

X X

Crystal Hill, Top Floor Suite

“. . . Have you come to slay His Majesty?” The girl—Tine Chelk—quietly asked Enkidu when he opened the door.
    There were more than ten of her black-clad subordinates in the room.
    Like the group in the hallway, however, they were unable to make any careless moves when suddenly confronted with a Servant.
    At nervous thrill ran through the room at Tine’s question.
    The tension, however, was relieved by a few mild words from Enkidu, who stepped into the room with the silver wolf.
    “That’s a correct inference for a Master in a Holy Grail War, but it doesn’t match the facts.”
    “Then . . . have you come to execute me? I’ve disgraced His Majesty, your best friend.”
    “That’s not right either,” Enkidu shook his head, still smiling but somehow dispassionate.
    Tine’s attention was focused on Enkidu, but she was not looking at him.
    She was in the middle of what was, in a sense, a sumptuous “mage’s workshop” furnished with the King of Heroes’ personal possessions, continuously channeling vast quantities of magical energy into the being who lay supine at its center.
    “Your Magic Circuits . . . no, you yourself are linked to this land, aren’t you?” Enkidu sounded impressed.
    “. . . I see. No wonder you have a similar aura. . . . Your people tried the same thing as the old gods.”
    “. . .?”
    Tine looked slightly confused by Enkidu’s strange remarks, but it seemed that she could not spare the time to pursue the question because she continued to direct magical energy into the center of the room without giving him so much as a glance.
    “Do you know about me?”
    “His Majesty calls you his friend.”
    Tine still did not look at Enkidu. Every inch of her body was drenched in sweat as she manipulated extraordinary quantities of magical energy.
    Nevertheless, she responded in a firm voice, apparently determined not to show weakness.
    “I can only think of one Heroic Spirit that His Majesty would call a friend and who could also compete with him in raw power.”
    “I wonder. That was probably true while I was alive,” Enkidu answered evasively.
    The black-suited subordinates near Tine gradually began to move again.
    “. . . If you don’t intend to fight, what are you doing here?” An elderly man warily asked Enkidu.
    The suspicion in the man’s voice was faintly tinged with hope.
    Enkidu guessed his meaning and shook his head apologetically.
    “If you believe I have come to save King Gilgamesh, I’m afraid you will be disappointed.”
    “. . .!”
    Most of the room’s occupants looked discouraged by the Heroic Spirit’s words, and Tine’s shoulders trembled slightly.
    The thing in the center of the room—the thing Enkidu was staring at—was indeed the King of Heroes’ “corpse.”
    The Einzbern homunculus who Gilgamesh had called “Ishtar.”
    Thanks to her interference, Gilgamesh had been pierced by Alkeides’ arrows, and then impaled by the gargantuan “something” that had appeared immediately afterward.
    It was undeniably a fatal blow.
    Worse, his body was being eaten away by some force, and his wounds continued to rot even while he was alive.
    The only reason that his physical body still existed was that Tine was drawing massive quantities of magical energy from the leylines to hold his Spirit Origin in its human shape and keep it from disintegrating by brute force.
    Surveying Gilgamesh in that state, retaining only the form of a Servant, Enkidu dispassionately stated his opinion.
    “There are two venoms eating away at Gil’s body. If it were just the hydra venom, I could force open Gil’s treasury and probably find an antidote. He used to say that he was going to hunt the vipers at the world’s end one day, after all. His treasury might even yield a cooking utensil or two made just for them in addition to corpses and antidotes.”
    Enkidu continued to speak casually, as if he were telling everyday jokes.
    Tine gritted her teeth and responded with a tinge of anger, still not looking at him.
    “Aren’t you . . . His Majesty’s friend . . .? How can you speak so calmly when . . .?!”
    Her shout was too dignified to be the temper of a girl who was in some ways still a child.
    Enkidu accepted it at her side. He stopped smiling, but his expression remained composed as he replied.
    “It’s because I’m his friend.”
    “What . . .?”
    “Gil and I spent irreplaceable days together. We’ve already finished our eternal parting and the grief that came with it. The ‘current’ us are shadows burned into the Human Order. We may rejoice at our reunion, but we don’t need to grieve at parting again. I don’t believe that Gil would shed a tear if I were the one lying here on the verge of death, and I wouldn’t ask him to.”
    “. . .”
    Confusion suffused Tine’s profile.
    She glanced at Enkidu just once, but her experience of life was too short to judge the truth of the Heroic Spirit’s words by his expression.
    “I believe it will be difficult for you to understand, and I can guess your reason for directing your anger at me. So, if it will make you feel better, feel free to curse at me as much as you like.”
    “. . .”
    When she heard that, Tine turned her face fully toward Enkidu for the first time. Her eyes showed a range of emotions—anger, sadness, fear. Then, after a momentary look that might have been begging for help, she lowered her head and said frustratedly:
    “No . . . it wouldn’t. . . . I’m sorry. . . . I’m . . . truly sorry. . . .”
    A clear apology to Enkidu spilled from the lips of the mage, who was in some ways still a child.
    “You aren’t the one I hate. . . .”
    Massive quantities of magical energy coursed through Tine’s Magic Circuits. Every nerve in her body was beginning to groan in protest.
    As she spoke, however, her face was twisted not with pain but with regret.
    “I . . . couldn’t do anything. . . . I didn’t do anything. . . .”
    Tine fell silent.
    “You used two Command Spells, didn’t you?” Enkidu asked calmly, neither comforting nor blaming.
    “. . .!”
    Enkidu was looking at the back of Tine’s left hand.
    The majority of her Command Spells, the mark of a Master, were faded. Just one remained.
    “One to summon him back here, and another to attempt to heal him. . . . That was a good decision for a Master. Without it, there would have been no chance that Gilgamesh could maintain the form of his Spirit Origin.”
    “You said that . . . there are two types of venom?” Tine asked without slackening her efforts to maintain Gilgamesh’s Spirit Origin. She seemed to be grasping Enkidu’s personality, because the side of her that had been built up as a mage began to show on her face.
    “Yes. The other is closer to a curse than a toxin.”
    Enkidu narrowed his eyes as he surveyed the wound gouged in Gilgamesh’s torso.
    “. . . I suppose this is what they call ‘irony.’”
    “?”
    “I don’t suppose it was a rainbow-colored light that impaled King Gilgamesh’s body?”
    “. . .! Do you know what that was?”
    The scene of Gilgamesh being struck down replayed in Tine’s mind.
    The seven-colored halo, distinct from the titanic mechanical “something.”
    The way it had twisted into a shape like the tip of a rock drill and impaled Gilgamesh through the belly.
    “That was the protection of the gods. It’s also a curse to the human race. . . . The light that was poured into Gil was one of them, a curse descended from Pestilence.”
    “Pestilence . . .?”
    “We should probably be grateful for the hydra venom. It and the pestilence are competing with and consuming each other. . . . That’s why the plague hasn’t spread from Gil’s body. If not for that, there’s a high probability that all of you, and probably me, would also be trapped in the abyss of death by now.”
    Tine and her subordinates gasped at Enkidu’s casual statement.
    “Oh, there’s no need to change his treatment. In my estimation, both the venom and the curse will disappear along with the Spirit Origin of the body called Gilgamesh. It’s not ‘his’ Spirit Origin anymore. The only thing here now is the corpse of an ancient human.”
    “What was that thing . . . that metal giant? What do you know about . . .?”
    “Let me see. Where should I start . . .?”
    Enkidu lowered his gaze as if lost in thought, and then began to tell his reason for coming there little by little.
    “I came here because I wanted to know a little more about all of you.”
    “About us?”
    “I mean, you tried to use Gil, and he spared your lives. I was curious what you were like. Gil was also curious about my Master, but . . .”
    Enkidu smiled at Tine and continued without stating what his own judgment had been.
    “Nothing would please me more than if we could work together. I also want to do all that I can . . . to remove that wicked deity from this stage.”
    “. . . What deity? Do you mean that steel monster that stabbed His Majesty?”
    “No, I mean—. . .?”
    The next instant, Enkidu raised his head as if he had noticed something.
    “There’s . . . someone here.”
    “What?”
    Enkidu slowly surveyed the surrounding space without answering Tine’s question.
    “Is this . . . a human? No . . . it’s like a human, but . . .”
    “Do you mean that someone is hiding in this room?”
    Tine probed the nearby magical energy in confusion, but she could sense nothing of the kind.
    Enkidu, however, seemed certain of its presence and wiped the emotion from his face as he said:
    “No . . . they aren’t hiding. . . . It’s probably the opposite.”
    “?”

“It seems . . . that something is trying to probe this place from the reverse side of the world.”

X X

A Closed-off Town, Crystal Hill, Top Floor Suite

“I knew it. This room looks like it has the ‘thinnest walls.’”

The Snowfield recreated inside the mysterious ward.
    In the top floor suite of its Crystal Hill were Flat Escardos, Berserker Jack the Ripper, and the Holy Church personnel led by Hansa Cervantes.
    “I see. . . . But what is this place? It’s the top floor of a hotel, but it doesn’t look like guest accommodations. It reminds me of a mage’s workshop, but the furnishings are too needlessly extravagant for that.”
    Flat responded to Jack’s question by looking around the room in growing excitement.
    “Don’t you think it’s kind of like a museum?! There’s pretty jewels and gold dishes and all kinds of amazing things!”
    The space, which ought to have been the hotel’s most luxurious room, was decorated with countless sparkling treasures that looked brand new despite their antique style. The assortment really could plausibly be some kind of exhibit.
    “I’ve seen these in the professor’s lectures. I’m pretty sure they’re treasures from somewhere around Mesopotamia, but . . . hmm . . . The way they’re made, they should have some magical energy stored inside, but I don’t sense any. . . . They don’t seem like fakes, but it’s like they’re empty shells. It’s weird,” flat commented as he stared intently at the furnishings.
    “But if the walls are thinnest here,” Hansa cut in from behind him, “does that mean that altitude is the key?”
    “No, I don’t think that’s it. . . . I’ve got a feeling that this place is uniquely in harmony with the world outside the barrier. Like both sides are connected, or . . .”
    At that point, Flat shifted his focus to a point at the center of the suite.
    To the middle of the largest room.
    What looked like a magic circle of a system unfamiliar at the Clock Tower was drawn on the floor there, but the target of that magecraft was missing from its center.
    “What’s this? I think it’s a circle for stabilizing something . . . but there’s nothing here.”
    “From the looks of things, this must be some faction’s workshop after all.”
    “I’m technically neutral. I can guess who it belongs to, but I decline to comment.”
    Hansa went out of his way to explain something he could have easily left unsaid with a shrug.
    Jack maintained the bare minimum of cautious attention on Hansa and the nuns who were inspecting the room as he continued.
    “Could the circle be empty simply because they haven’t begun their ritual yet?”
    “No. . . . It’s strange. I’ve got a feeling that something is already happening here, but . . . This circle really isn’t active . . . but this is definitely the place.”
    Flat waved his hand over the center of the empty circle with a look of confusion.

“The reason this place has the strongest connection to the world ‘outside’ the ward—to the real city—is . . .”
    Last edited by OtherSideofSky; September 4th, 2020 at 06:41 PM. Reason: typo