Page 531 of 532 FirstFirst ... 31431481521526529530531532 LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,620 of 10630

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Sometimes I think Narita should give up her job if her health is so bad. It would be fair to us readers, since we are the ones who make sense of what he writes.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikoto Suoh View Post
    Sometimes I think Narita should give up her job if her health is so bad. It would be fair to us readers, since we are the ones who make sense of what he writes.
    Narita is a man. And I don't understand the last sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Finally catched up with everything. Man, what a ride. Genuinely enjoying JesterxAssassin, Sigma's character development and the DA inclusions. Really saddened about Flat, but also curious. It's gonna be a long wait, won't it?
    Last edited by Crown; July 25th, 2021 at 03:44 AM.

US Friend Code
    095 235 851
    Narita says that he has enough for a full volume, it's merely being put on hold until 1935-E (the penultimate volume) of Baccano is out, so I'd expect it 2-3 months out after that release, whenever that may be. Narita can be fast or slow, but he is always erratic and juggling multiple projects, so trying to guess a timeframe is nigh impossible.

That said, I'm quite optimistic about Flat still. It'd be extremely uncharacteristic of Narita and strange from a narrative perspective to end Flat's plotline on a bitter shocking note based on the time and effort that has been put into him as a major viewpoint char. His current status is confusing at best, and we only have conjecture to go on for the most part, unless I've forgotten large chunks of the plot.

Some ways Flat might still be A-ok:

-Perhaps it is hypothetically possible for Flat to 'regrow' in some fashion, as the being currently in control is aware of all of flat's memories. Was our Flat always in this body, or was he something that developed later?

- As a long shot, Jack wants to find out who he was. But with a thematic of fakery being prevalent, and some portions of Flat appearing to be a timeless being, Jack could instead 'decide' that the true identity of himself was Flat, thus taking on his identity. In combination with Dumas, one could combine him back with the original body good as new. Of course, Jack would first have to somehow believe that as the truth, one would think.

- Is Touko free atm? Can we commission her to make a homunculus Flat? Asking for a friend.
    Last edited by Tmato; July 25th, 2021 at 11:06 AM.

*checks out when the novels were released*
    *sees gap between novel 4 (April 8, 2017) and novel 5 (April 7, 2019)*

So...as readers who I assume to be concurrent with this series, does it feel like it's building to some climax soon or is there still way too much to go?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Way too much to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    4 more volumes is the most optimistic guess we can make.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    4 more volumes is the most optimistic guess we can make.
    With all the stuff left to get through and all the Masters still left, is 4 enough, even conservatively speaking?
    Last edited by Hermitfold; July 25th, 2021 at 10:18 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    He'd have to forego all current pacing and just begin killing off Servants fairly frequently, but it could be doable. I'd say no less than six volumes, ten if we're being realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoren View Post
    He'd have to forego all current pacing and just begin killing off Servants fairly frequently, but it could be doable. I'd say no less than six volumes, ten if we're being realistic.
    That is the biggest issue Narita currently has tbh, only team Fake Rider is technically out of the war. Next big event where several factions face each other needs to take out several characters off the board rather than just one team

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    That is the biggest issue Narita currently has tbh, only team Fake Rider is technically out of the war. Next big event where several factions face each other needs to take out several characters off the board rather than just one team
    Based on the pacing, I get the feeling that Narita wanted to make this a longer series, as opposed to most Type Moon light novels.

His original plan wasn't very long, but they already joked about the story being never-ending a couple times

he's going to have to end it because of his health.

My guess the next arc will be the last. If its like any of naritas past works he will have a 5 way clash and a bunch of servants will die in a final multi volume comfronation.

Either that or a bunch of servants survive since this HGW is strange and all.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    I don't think there's any indication that his health is to the point where he'll need to consider early retirement. He just has so many active projects that his illness and recovery period tanked his productivity. Though there's always the chance he's worse than he's letting on, I'd imagine he'd just drop everything indefinitely instead of still pumping out side projects if it was actually that bad.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Which adaptation will end first. KnK's or this one? Place your bets.

KnK is at least monthly(?) And has a definitive end.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylascream View Post
    KnK is at least monthly(?)
    wheezing
    すん
    そう
    しゅん

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    掲載期間 2021/03/30(火)〜
    次回掲載 未定

heh