Page 506 of 680 FirstFirst ... 6406456496501504505506507508511516556606 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,120 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Most people say bad things about acceptable targets because it's cool. It's hardly indicative of concrete criticism or quality, which is why I assume you didn't actually go so far as to say that Apoc and Fragments are actually good :V

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Most people say bad things about acceptable targets because it's cool. It's hardly indicative of concrete criticism or quality, which is why I assume you didn't actually go so far as to say that Apoc and Fragments are actually good :V
    Their merits and faults are a topic for another place and time after all.

That said their faults being glaring, and their potential not at all fully actualized I do prefer them to Fate/Zero these days.

If we're talking about super popular/mainstream appeal then you need to have an anime I suppose. Or a hit bideo game. I guess talking about the popularity of most fate things is kind of within the context of "People who know Fate" so if we're talking about actual popular then its just FGO I guess?

It depends how you look at popularity. SF is popular for a Fate spin-off and a light novel. In general stay night/Zero are popular anime, and GO is a succesful mobile game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    That's one Servant I'd be happy to keep out of FGO. Shitty edgelord Herc-in-name-alone needs to stay in fakeland, where he belongs.
    Honestly I don't get this criticism of Alcides. Like "Oh Alcides why don't you be a reasonable person? What do you mean you relived the worst moment of your life and your mind is constantly fucked over by evil gooey mud?"

Crazy and unreasonable people can be fun, or compelling done right.

I don't think there are many things about Alcides done right.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Alcides is the wrong Hercules anyway

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I actually like him, but more for his role as an antagonist than anything else. Also, I like his more analytical, world building narrative voice, as well as the respect he shows human foes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Crazy and unreasonable people can be fun, or compelling done right.

I don't think there are many things about Alcides done right.
    Mean I don't know how you can't find Alcides compelling or at least interesting. Like he is a legend twisted and corrupted and a man who is broken and wrathful, fighting gods who are long gone. Mean his vendetta against gods is to me less of an actual goal and more of just petty vengeances.

Also another cool thing about him is that in some sort of twisted way he sorta fight for humanity with his whole "Man needs to crushed and ruled the gods power!1" shtick.

I personally dont even find him that edgy, if he's edgy lemme show you some characters from KnK and FGO....

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    some characters from KnK
    Hit me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

>Fated by his divinity to be treated as a monster
    >Found happiness with the people who saw him as a man
    >Lost that happiness because of the gods
    >Discards his own divinity to take revenge on the gods
    >Throws away the humanity that his loved ones had seen in him in the process

Pure kino, his redemption arc will be one for the ages.

Alcides is fine in concept but the execution is horrible. Every line that comes out of his mouth could have been written by a ten-year-old. It’s neither "cool" nor interesting, just tiresome. He would be the worst character in SF if his master wasn’t even more of a caricature. And because most characters are entertaining, it stands out even more just how weak Team TArcher are as characters. I hope they are killed of as soon as possible, although I don't think that will happen.

I liked the Alcides PoV when he fought the police. Everything else around him has been bland, but if that is brought back again he might still end up on the positive.

His POV against John, the police, and Flat was great for me. Also, he drops these wonderful lore nuggets about the AoG and general magical stuff.

That being said, if he doesn't get redeemed at the moment of his death and leave one last token to his killer, preferably John, then I'll be very let down.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    I'm sorry I still haven't recovered since he nearly killed Jack.

Blog Entries
    I'm surprise no one mentions his whole Jason thing. Honestly Alcides whole relationship with humans is fascinating.

Also another common criticism that I don't understand is that F/SF has weak/no theme, but it does and it's literally everywhere. F/SF is all about identity and how it does not matter. Like how Flat may be a monster underneath but he still a good person and how Jack "real identity" does not matter because the real JTR is not him. Or how Sigma is a literally nobody and can still become something great. Or how Tine is struggling between being a leader to her inherited people and being a regular child. Etc.
    Last edited by Glazy; October 17th, 2020 at 10:24 PM.

In addition to identity, there's also the age-old Fate chestnut of real vs fake and if there is any meaningful distinction. Maybe that's more of an FSF thing, but I dunno...

JP Friend Code
    ^ I'm pretty sure he said in an interview that was inspired from UBW with "fakes being just as genuine as the truth"

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    I personally dont even find him that edgy, if he's edgy lemme show you some characters from KnK and FGO....
    Such as?

Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    ^ I'm pretty sure he said in an interview that was inspired from UBW with "fakes being just as genuine as the truth"
    So I wasn't just pulling something from my ass. Cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    Such as?
    Shiki herself? Asagami Fujino? Lio Shirazumi? I could name more.