Page 509 of 680 FirstFirst ... 9409459499504507508509510511514519559609 ... LastLast
Results 10,161 to 10,180 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Was there a thing called "noble phantasm is weak to the thing that destroyed them in their life"
    Enkidu

You are reffering to the enkidu noble phantasm or character?

The character is a noble phantasm

I heard Gugalana was Ereshkigals husband so i always imagined him more as some sort of person rather than tool to be just a NP, but i guess that could be wrong.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Fate seems to be going with Nergal as Ereshkigal's husband, so Gugulanna is probably just a living force of nature just like in the Epic of Gilgamesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I mean Mazinger Zeus used to be a dude then he became a robot who became a rocket punch so who knows what Nasu wants to do. Considering his inspirations.

can't wait to find out that egyptian gods fought with big G with Stands and lost

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    It's a destiny written in blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    I heard Gugalana was Ereshkigals husband so i always imagined him more as some sort of person rather than tool to be just a NP, but i guess that could be wrong.
    From what I found, Gugalanna was Ereshkigal's husband, which is why Ishtar went down under, to console her grieving sister

But someone here said Gugalanna the bull and Gugalanna the husband were likely different people so I dunno

Okay, so in the myth there's Gugalanna the Bull of Heaven, owned by An, borrowed by Ishtar. Then there's Gugalanna, Ereshkigal's first husband. Scholars mostly consider these separate entities, but in Inanna's Descent into the Underworld, it's said that Gugalanna died. Whether it's the same event as in the Epic of Gilgamesh is unknown. Nasu decided to just remove Ereshkigal's husband entirely to make her more waifuable.

1 of the husbands, the other is the spear she uses to keep suitors at bay

Nonsense they’re probably still around to appeal to the NTR fans.

just never mentioned

Enkidu was something like noble phantasm of god's. It no longer is. The same.In any case enkidu menifested here as a servant not a noble phantasm according to the character cards and such. There for enkidu is weak to the thing enkidu was killed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RCM9698 View Post
    Really doubt that. Apart from the fact the whole mesopotamian thing that still has to be wrapped up, and that’s most likely why he’s in the story in the first place, it would be a waste of a popular character. The mesopotamian part of the story is sizable and all this buildup leading to him giving just a speech to Tine would be a massive dissapointment. And he still has to have his rematch with Enkidu.
    -First of it is important to know what I mean about the "Mesopotamian part" of F/SF. It does not mean that the all Mesopotamian characters are the focus of the narrative like Ishtar and Gil. They are explored but they do not developed I.E Gil will be the same character as the beginning, middle, and end of F/SF.
    This makes F/SF not Gil Story.
    -So what does this mean for Gil and his role in F/SF?
    In Fate/Strange Fake Gil takes the role of a mentor-protector(Like Iskandar, Herc, Emiya) to Tine which is a subversion as in the past works(FSN,FZ) as Gil is always this big threat that the heroes have to overcome. In short that
    means Gil role in F/SF is to serve ​Tine's development.
    -Now Tine in the beginning of F/SF was child forced to bear the responsibilities of her people making her cut off from her humanity which was shatter by Gil teaching her just to be more human. A positive development for tine but it had negative consequence as Tine began over relying on Gil. So when Gil is taken out this causes Tine state both physically and mentally to be low as she is just both trying to keep Gil alive and having a bunch of self doubt.
    So what she needs at this moment is not Gil coming back because she might start over relying on Gil again, but Gil giving her that final push to be an active player again.
    Because with Gil around you can't really have a balanced servant master relationship because Gil is just to OP when he pulls his weight. Like anything cool Tine can do Gil can just do 100x better.
    -That's why having Gil healed and back into the fight is bad it would basically stop Tine development which contradicts Gil's role and Gil can just solve basically any problems by the time he come back. Like would it be cool for him to fight Ishtar and duel Enkidu again. Yeah, but it's not necessary in the grand scheme of F/SF.
    Last edited by Glazy; November 7th, 2020 at 04:07 AM.

US Friend Code
    Alright, but what's Tine supposed to do without Gil? Just drop out of the story and become the next Waver in a spin-off?

I believe Gil's role in this story is to learn current humanity in this world isn't completely hopeless, worthless and meaningless as opposed to fsn and fate zero.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    My headcanon is that he's going to revive as Gatekeeper, considering Narita brought up the class for no particular reason and his whole judgement-mode thing with Richard. What he'd actually do in that form, I have no idea, but it could be related to Sigma's trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Glazy
    First of it is important to know what I mean about the "Mesopotamian part" of F/SF…
    Goes for nearly all characters really, and tends to happen a lot in ensemble stories like SF. When I say the Mesopotamian story, I mean the piece of the story where the sizable part of the cast that comes from the same myth and thus has established relations with each other, interact with each other.

This makes F/SF not Gil Story.
    SF is an ensamble cast, so it’s no one’s story really. Gil’s faction is one of the most prominent along with Saber’s/Watcher’s though.

means Gil role in F/SF is to serve ​Tine's development…. Gil healed and back into the fight is bad it would basically stop Tine development which contradicts Gil's role and Gil can just solve basically any problems by the time he come back
    Partially, but not entirely like you seem to have decided. Tine’s development is a part of his story, but certainly not all of it. I think you’re overreaching here to fit the narrative in a narrow category where it doesn’t entirely belong. There are also plenty of threats that do require his actual attention, it’s not like in the 4th or 5th HGW where he could mop up the competion any time he wanted. Not to mention he has actual reasons to fight now.

Now Tine in the beginning of F/SF…Because with Gil around you can't really have a balanced servant master relationship because Gil is just to OP ..
    Apart from the fact that she can’t really be an active player without a servant (though that could be remedied) she can be more of her own character and still support an OP servant. You see a contradiction there that doesn’t exist IMO. Tine’s character can grow while she lets Gilgamesh do the fighting and she supports him as a Master with a stonger sense of self, which is usual in a HGW anyway.

Like anything cool Tine can do Gil can just do 100x better.
    Goes for nearly any Master/Servant pairing. The masters are pretty much there to be an anchor and supply magical energy.

Like would it be cool for him to fight Ishtar and duel Enkidu again. Yeah, but it's not necessary in the grand scheme of F/SF.
    Nearly nothing is really necessary. But there is still a lot of setup and various unresolved events (his confrontation with the characters from his myth, his rematch with Enkidu, the elaboration on his state and his popularity in general…) that just killing him off after giving a speech would be a massive waste. Knowing Narita I really can’t see that happening and something being cool and given some setup seems like reason enough for him.

I hope Gil comes back because I love him, but even if he does, I doubt he'll be the same. There will be a serious nerf and/or class change involved.
    Plus if he's the underdog he has a better chance of not jobbing lol

I dunno in fsn most of the masters are a lot more than just batteries.

also we’ll probably see like Kogil or something so gil can still be around but be limited by his magic energy output and stuff so he doesn’t stomp things.