Page 487 of 680 FirstFirst ... 387437477482485486487488489492497537587 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,740 of 13592

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The only character concluded in this story so far is Tsubaki, so she's the best standard we got for Gil/Enkidu's situation. Tsubaki's arc was extremely cyclical, so we could reasonably expect a rematch from that.
    Going by that, them fading away while still wanting to fight each some more would be their endpoint.

Spoiler:
    Pale Rider can absorb some mana from those he infects, so I think he's going to show up at least one more time as a plot device.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Possible but unlikely. The fact Pale Rider didn't die completely yet was already played with once and there's no real need to play with it again.

JP Friend Code
    It could just be because we didn’t see the context yet, but even still if it’s not like actually SHOWN to have faded away this book it just feels like a huge flag to me, because seriously if this was its last run, why not have it fade away vol 6? What purpose would it have to fade completely away next book?

so my thought is, even if it doesn’t last the whole next book it’s still hanging on for a reason.

also remember Enkidu speaking of a threat if it were to combine with the mud? That’s another thing that it could do.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; June 27th, 2020 at 12:13 PM.

Spoiler:
    Pale Rider is clearly just hanging around so Alkeides can absorb it and add it to his neverending list of bullshit powers.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think I've realized my main issue with Strange Fake. It's essentially three or four different stories happening at the same time. I mean, it's always an issue with Grail Wars, due to the glut of characters, but it feels so much more excessive this time. It worked in Stay Night because of the VN format, it could essentially tell its stories one at a time. Here it just feels bulky and unnecessary.

Even Apocrypha, with its cast reaching critical mass, managed to have essentially one storyline with really just two clear villains - Darnic and Shirou. And they were the villains of the same plot, and one of them dies pretty early on at the hand of the other. Who is the 'main' bad guy here? Is it Ishtar, is it Jester? They feel like the antagonists of two completely different stories. And likewise, who is the main protagonist? Flat, Sigma, or Ayaka?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I think I've realized my main issue with Strange Fake. It's essentially three or four different stories happening at the same time.
    Well that's kinda what Narita always does

JP Friend Code
    Yeah I can also back that up, that's how his stories work. They are an ensemble cast rather than having a singular protagonist and antagonist.

As someone who usually falls for supporting characters rather than the "main character" of the work, I tend to like ensemble cast stories because of the roughly equal screentime.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; June 27th, 2020 at 03:13 PM.

I think I've realized my main issue with Strange Fake. It's essentially three or four different stories happening at the same time. I mean, it's always an issue with Grail Wars, due to the glut of characters, but it feels so much more excessive this time. It worked in Stay Night because of the VN format, it could essentially tell its stories one at a time. Here it just feels bulky and unnecessary.

Even Apocrypha, with its cast reaching critical mass, managed to have essentially one storyline with really just two clear villains - Darnic and Shirou. And they were the villains of the same plot, and one of them dies pretty early on at the hand of the other. Who is the 'main' bad guy here? Is it Ishtar, is it Jester? They feel like the antagonists of two completely different stories. And likewise, who is the main protagonist? Flat, Sigma, or Ayaka?
    That's what makes it great.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    I still can't imagine how pale rider can combine with grail mud
    You can't just dump him into the mud and call it a day

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    Spoiler:
    Pale Rider is clearly just hanging around so Alkeides can absorb it and add it to his neverending list of bullshit powers.
    That’s pretty what I fear. Or they both die and are absorbed into the grail to power some other threat up to insane proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42
    I think I've realized my main issue with Strange Fake.
    Ensemble casts work way better for a HGW, one perspecting is too limiting, especially when parts of it are wasted on SoL.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42
    Flat, Sigma, or Ayaka?
    The main teams are apparently supposed to be Saber, Gil and Sigma. However Narita has expanded upon side characters like Flatt to the point there’s little distinction anymore.

About the fight
    So in conclusion Gil has to revive, he and Enkidu have to probably take out Humbaba, the Bull, Ishtar and perhaps some other enemy factions, and can then have their duel if they live through all that. That’s quite a lot.

My personal guess is that Enkidu (or less likely, Gil) gets infected at some point, they have their final duel until one or both of them kicks the bucket due to other circumstances, and maybe the other goes on the destroy the final threat.

I do think the confrontation is going to happen is some form, the fanservice value is too great to ignore. They are on the cover for vol 1 and that they appear together is draws people to the series. There’s also a lot of Babylonian stuff going on, so it’s clearly a theme. Narita recreating the myth is also possible.

I just wonder how many volumes Narita needs to wrap this all up.

It's almost as if it was a half-baked April Fool's idea that was excavated and expanded later.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by noname14 View Post
    I still can't imagine how pale rider can combine with grail mud
    You can't just dump him into the mud and call it a day
    That's like exactly how I imagine it lol.

If Flat can be put into a metaphorical pressure cooker and mixed with Jack I think it's possible for the mud to blend with pale.

--

Main characters in Narita works tend to be really blended in general. I feel like how he had called Firo a "main-ish" character, is kind of how he writes main characters in general.

Flat & Jack might not be a "main character" though he had said he wanted to write Jack (as well as Haruri and Humbaba) as hard as Ayaka & Co., and I really doubt he had just came up with that idea during Vol. 4. Flat's past & mystery were always meant to be a major plot point, so i kind of feel he was just kinda saying that when that Vol. came up. Like, I don't think he writes spontaneously since it does have a general flow going to it.
    Last edited by jennajayfeather; June 27th, 2020 at 03:47 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    This reminds me of when someone declares Gil the main character of this and claimed his fights were the primary focus of the story, good times

JP Friend Code
    Does anyone like character sorting games here? Because here's one for FSF characters.

https://sajyouayaka.tumblr.com/sorter

yeah agree

it's obivious that ayaka is the MC. She replaced player A from the april version, the zelretch part, biggest focus and the MC is always the one who summons saber even in the CM she got the iconic "are you my master" scene

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    the MC is always the one who summons saber
    I will press that X there

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    strange Fake does a much better job at feeling like a living world with characters who matter, compared to Apo that dumped the idea of 7v7 pretty early and made like 40% of the Masters non-characters from the start. This comes at the cost of it seeming like nothing is happening relative to how much that was packed into five volumes of Apo, along with Narita's penchant for keeping characters around longer than necessary. Despite the flaws, sF comes out as way better in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
    it's obivious that ayaka is the MC. She replaced player A from the april version, the zelretch part, biggest focus and the MC is always the one who summons saber even in the CM she got the iconic "are you my master" scene
    Well that's not entirely true. Sure Ayaka has traits mostly from player A but you know who also has traits from player A: Sigma.

Although he's not beat to beat with player A like Ayaka is, he's still have a lot of things taken from player A. Like they both have shadows servants, they both met a strange white hair women that put them in the grail war, and they both "nobodies wildcards". Hell in the April fools version the player is supposed to replace the Saber spot. Which turned into Sigma replacing the Lancer spot.

Also another point they both basically have generic Fate MC goals with Sigma "screw the holy grail." and Ayaka "I luv my servant". The way I see it is that Ayaka and Sigma are joint MC although I can see Sigma turning literally into The Lancer

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    I will press that X there
    Stop denying best protagonist Gordes Musik.