Page 482 of 680 FirstFirst ... 382432472477480481482483484487492532582 ... LastLast
Results 9,621 to 9,640 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    She's a Beast candidate, what did you really expect anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    she could at least have tried fighting Sefar way back when, but chose not to.
    They did fight each other (based on Tamamo expecting Altera to remember her). Tama lost pretty badly going by what she says at the end of her route.
    https://lparchive.org/Fate-extella/Update%2020/
    Tamamo: Wonders never cease. To see you appear as a proper Servant. Yes, I had an inkling since you set your little trap back in My Room, but...I never would have guessed anyone could ever be more sinful than I. You were once human yourself, yes?

Altera:..You'll speak when spoken to. What are you?

Tamamo:Have you forgotten? Hmm, I suppose you wouldn't recognize me now. I've traveled to the High Heavens as well as the Underworld...

Altera: There's no need for anyone to know who I am. As long as I'm here, the past is irrelevant. And the same to you, Servant. Burn like the beast you appear to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by fate/extella tamamo route final chapter
    Tamamo: ...I'm sorry. I've indulged myself all this time, and now look at this place. There's no way to stop that titan. This world was doomed from the start. I knew I wouldn't be able to save you. I knew it all along. That's why... I awakened my "harlot mode" I'd sealed off before. Not to fight or anything... I just wanted to live the dream life, even for an instant. And it couldn't be any other way. Because we've lost to that titan before. I've known in my very bones that we're no match for the Umbral Star. I'm a part of the embodiment of the Sun. And so...I know everything that happened 14,000 years ago. That thing killed more than the plants and animals. More than humanity. It killed even the very personifications of nature, one by one... the Heavens, the Earth, and the Sea. The Sun, and Fire, and the Forest. All our wisdom came to nothing. The titan rejected all reason, all love. It even rejected Death itself. The very embodiment of War, with its great sword, couldn't touch that thing. ...I knew that horrible creature was bound to come back. I knew better than anyone. And not "eventually". Ever tick of the clock brought us closer to the end of time. That's why I...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hmmm. For some reason, I didn't think she had fought Sefar herself, only that she saw what happened to the other gods that did try to fight it.
    Kind of badass, then, that she fought it *and* survived when the others didn't.

JP Friend Code
    Kind of badass, then, that she fought it *and* survived when the others didn't.
    It's more impressive that she did not lose her giant kaiju power tbh. The Olympians in panhuman history had all of their mechas destroyed and a lot of other gods lost their physical forms to become divine spirits while she's still chilling around even in later ages. I'm guessing it is due to some Taoism power being involved (Tamamo used Xian art to regain 9 tails in CCC, and Xians are beings similar to True Ancestors, immortal and can restore their bodies after being destroyed over and over again. So if she can replicate that, she would heal back up easily). Basically while she might have taken an L, there was no impactful damage to her at all, save for some PTSD.

And I'm guessing the reason Altera did not remember her was partly because of the fact that Mars was the better fighter who almost won, being the god of war and whatnot. He might not have the powerlvl, but he had the skillz, and that ultimately made him more memorable than a giant fox whose Authorities are more geared towards supporting life and governing countries.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; June 5th, 2020 at 09:33 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Also back on topic cuz this is already too derailed, I remembered that Gugalanna has the lazuli horn acting as its controller (from the recent Ishtar interlude in FGO). So hopefully it comes back to bite Ishtar's ass in later parts.

I mean, there's that hole issue that Tamamo said if Amaterasu had fight, maybe they could win against Sefar, so I go to the line that she didn't fight too.

Quote Originally Posted by Seres View Post
    Tamamo: ...I'm sorry. I've indulged myself all this time, and now look at this place. There's no way to stop that titan. This world was doomed from the start. I knew I wouldn't be able to save you. I knew it all along. That's why... I awakened my "harlot mode" I'd sealed off before. Not to fight or anything... I just wanted to live the dream life, even for an instant. And it couldn't be any other way. Because we've lost to that titan before. I've known in my very bones that we're no match for the Umbral Star. I'm a part of the embodiment of the Sun. And so...I know everything that happened 14,000 years ago. That thing killed more than the plants and animals. More than humanity. It killed even the very personifications of nature, one by one... the Heavens, the Earth, and the Sea. The Sun, and Fire, and the Forest. All our wisdom came to nothing. The titan rejected all reason, all love. It even rejected Death itself. The very embodiment of War, with its great sword, couldn't touch that thing. ...I knew that horrible creature was bound to come back. I knew better than anyone. And not "eventually". Ever tick of the clock brought us closer to the end of time. That's why I...
    I remember that someone here once did a whole post talking about the interpretation of this sentence it's strange in the translation, but I can't find it. If I'm saying something wrong please someone correct me

JP Friend Code
    With Googy getting even closer by Vol. 6 and then the thing that happened to Flat, everything is just hitting Snowfield at once....lol. I mean it had been but its even worse now

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar's Angel View Post
    I mean, there's that hole issue that Tamamo said if Amaterasu had fight, maybe they could win against Sefar, so I go to the line that she didn't fight too.
    Extella as a whole has several contradicting statements tbh. This is one of them. A way to look at this is by looking at that comment saying Altera "wouldn't recognize" her due to her going up the heavens and down the underworld (it's a quote from her NP line). That might mean she was not at peak (9 tails) yet back then so she lost, but the current fully grown Golden Fox might pull it off.

I remember that someone here once did a whole post talking about the interpretation of this sentence it's strange in the translation, but I can't find it. If I'm saying something wrong please someone correct me
    It was me. The translation was indeed strange, but this quote fixed the "I" into the correct "we" so there's no real issue now. So yes she said "we (the gods who fought Sefar back then) took an L".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    With Googy getting even closer by Vol. 6 and then the thing that happened to Flat, everything is just hitting Snowfield at once....lol. I mean it had been but its even worse now
    But I highly doubt things will actually go down until like 2 volumes before the end.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    Honestly, the people that went on vacation before Gil get summoned are the only winners in this whole fucking shenanigans.

Of course most won't actually die, but the church better be upping their mind wipe game cause boy the trauma

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Honestly, the people that went on vacation before Gil get summoned are the only winners in this whole fucking shenanigans.

Of course most won't actually die, but the church better be upping their mind wipe game cause boy the trauma
    Honestly I don't know how Zel and Caubac think ayaka could help in this situation lol.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, we don't know what she actually is yet. She is not just Ayaka, we already been told that.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    Yeah but like Gugalana is making a straight line towards snowfield which unlike fuyuki is a major city in the USA also it doesn't have the technological advantage f/z where barely no one had a camera. And this isn't even mentioning what {spoiler} is planning. So unless Ayaka have some god tier mind erase magic than I think Zel and Caubac are making a miscalculation

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ayaka’s practical role so far is being enough of a mana battery Richard to fill all of Richard’s needs and she doesn’t have agendas or opinions on the plot , so Zelretch’s whole plan here seems to be letting Richard handle all matters completely unrestricted.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But there is also the whole red riding hood thing, it apparently is not just a hallucination. Then, there is a fact that there is an Ayaka living a normal life somewhere else, so where did this one come from? And who is she really?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    There’s this ominous premonition that’s been looming over Snowfield since the start of the series to suggest that the repeated utter disregard for secrecy and security of everyday people that’s been kept in the dark of what’s been truly going on, especially the entire disposable population of a city that exists solely for the purpose of a 80 year old ritual in this case, is eventually going to be the trigger for some world-changing event that I imagine is going to be the purpose of Ayaka being there.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    Honestly I don't know how Zel and Caubac think ayaka could help in this situation lol.
    With her being the "observer" (?), I think she's also how they keep an eye on the situation & it's probably them for why she's a mana battery.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Huh. You've explained that before, but I only just realised that actually paints Tamamo (or rather, Amaterasu, I suppose) in an even worse light, in a way, in that she could at least have tried fighting Sefar way back when, but chose not to.
    Piecing the stuff together gives makes me think that Velber-02 only fought against Mecha-Gods of Atlantis. Other deities were/are afraid of her because they are more or less on the same magnitude of power.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; June 7th, 2020 at 09:27 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Piecing the stuff together gives makes me think that Velber-02 only fought against Mecha-Gods of Atlantis. Other deities were/are afraid of her because they are more or less on the same magnitude of power.
    This is factually wrong.

Thereon, acting in the capacity of a Colossus, she ravaged the civilizations of the Surface.​

Annihilating all that stood within her path, she engaged the Gods that acted in the defense of Man, and did here [emerge] victorious against the majority.
    (and upon the Surface of the Earth did she also annihilate those who had descended from other celestial bodies);​
    She beat up a lot of gods, not just the Olympians, unless you think that the Atlanteans were the only civilization on Earth then.
    Last edited by AAM1232; June 7th, 2020 at 11:36 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Yeah pretty much all of the gods are involved, remember that she is specifically effective against concepts (the nature gods, deification of the world itself) and technology (the mecha Olympians) so all of them, be it mechas or not, took Ls. Indra's Vasavi Shakti is capable of killing her, but it was never used and we have no idea if the Mesopotamia gods straight up surrender without fighting or they did try but failed and chose to negotiate with the titan. Heck the way it was worded in the game implied that the war against the titan went on for a long time, and majority of Earth concepts who were active by that point got defeated, with the Olympians being one of the final resistance and after Mars - one of the strongest god in term of fighting - got defeated, the last hope of humanity now all put into the holy sword.

The ancient gods despite all disadvantages did have a chance despite their odds. But the histories where any of those pantheons won would probably result in the stagnation of humanity like LB5 thus are mostly discarded, or those histories split too far from the main tree that they became their own trees.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; June 8th, 2020 at 01:37 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    This is factually wrong.
    Quite likely. Still, aside from Odin possibly carving out Valkyries in her image and the deal with Sumerian Pantheon every account regarding Altera's actions in the past I can think of ties her with Olympians in one way or another. Look at what Seres posted: "the very embodiment of War" is definitely Ares/Mars specifically not "war gods" in general. Then there is her being a basis for myths about Nemesis and Athena, and her remnants turning into Giants...

Perhaps she only defeated Olympians and every other Pantheon just resigned seeing that they don't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Yeah pretty much all of the gods are involved, remember that she is specifically effective against concepts (the nature gods, deification of the world itself) and technology (the mecha Olympians) so all of them, be it mechas or not, took Ls.
    I am pretty sure that at that point even the Mecha-Gods came to embody different aspects of Earth's nature like they do in the 5th Lostbelt.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; June 8th, 2020 at 06:35 AM.