Page 517 of 680 FirstFirst ... 17417467507512515516517518519522527567617 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,340 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    The Ishtar piece inside Fillia.
    Since it said "a god of the west", I'm not sure about it related to Ishtar. If talking about the movement of Venus which Ishtar movement corresponds to, then she has something with West. And it is true that she is a nature god but "the fish thing" hesitant about the one mentioned.

Blog Entries
    Thanks as always OsoS!

I wonder how powerful that crossbow is?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Considering that
    Spoiler:
    it is meant to strike down Watcher
    , it's probably quite the Mystic Code/Noble Phantasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Misaya View Post
    Since it said "a god of the west", I'm not sure about it related to Ishtar. If talking about the movement of Venus which Ishtar movement corresponds to, then she has something with West. And it is true that she is a nature god but "the fish thing" hesitant about the one mentioned.
    It's a chinese deity talking about a mesopotamian deity. Ishtar is a god of the west on their eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Samuka View Post
    Back in volume 5, Richard was able to repeatedly spam excalbiur. Of course, its output and durability depends on the quality of the objects but the sword he used was one from the gates of babylon and was described to be high tier in craftmanship, magical energy, etc. His excalibur should be at top output. Yet ayaka wasnt affected by it which confused hansa because not even a 1st class magus could keep up. I know ayaka was chosen by zelretch to be the observer and person A in order to bring the best possible outcome for the association. However given that she seems to have a stupid amount of magical energy and looks and sounds like the ayaka of the el melloi class, what do yall think she is
    Filia is acting as a Grail terminal / Lesser Grail, but Ishtar found such duties inconvenient once she took her over, and dumped all the grail shit into Ayaka. Thus all the magical energy.
    Is my theory anyway.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Filia has had no contact with AYAKA after Ishtar took over.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Glazy View Post
    Thanks as always OsoS!

I wonder how powerful that crossbow is?
    And what is cooler crossbow or bow?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    And what is cooler crossbow or bow?
    Bow.

This is the weapon of an Archer. Not as clumsy or random as a crossbow. An elegant weapon...for a more civilized age.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Bow.

This is the weapon of an Archer. Not as clumsy or random as a crossbow. An elegant weapon...for a more civilized age.
    Well, guess what? Times have change!

Bow is way more classier than a crossbow can ever be.

Crossbows killed more knights, so I'd say crossbows are cooler. I mean, Richard himself was killed by a crossbow bolt.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Crossbows killed more knights, so I'd say crossbows are cooler. I mean, Richard himself was killed by a crossbow bolt.
    Ah, you're talking efficiency? then obviously bows don't cut it all. Bow is a very primitive weapon that requires manpower, crossbows, handguns or rifles are far better, but in a fantasy setting such as fate, the elegancy of a bow at least imo is far better than any other ranged weapon.

I just think fantasy settings don't give crossbows enough of a chance. I mean, how many legendary crossbows do you know of?

- - - Updated - - -

We also need more legendary halberds, and I specifically mean European halberds. Halberdiers were a force to be reckoned with.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I just think fantasy settings don't give crossbows enough of a chance. I mean, how many legendary crossbows do you know of?

- - - Updated - - -

We also need more legendary halberds, and I specifically mean European halberds. Halberdiers were a force to be reckoned with.
    I think the problem is the tendency to name weapons was a more eastern trait. As recently as the Bakumatsu you've got blades like Kondo Isami's fake Kotetsu and and the like making names, but in the west regimented combat and blind mass production didn't really open the path for unique wielders. I mean even Robin's Yew Bow is just a description of what it was made from, not a specific name. Though I wholly agree, we need more. So far it's only Robin and William Tell representin' the crossbow and halberd wielders are few and far between.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

I will agree that naming unique weapons persisted for longer in the East, but even in the West during the 15th-17th centuries, there were still plenty of signature weapons wielded by prominent military figures that attained legends of their own, and of course, there are the ceremonial swords. That being said, I was more referring to the fact that fantasy settings in general tend to reflect the real-life preference for legendary swords, lances, or axes, but more modern, yet still medieval weapons like crossbows or halberds do not get deified in a similar manner. I suppose halberds' heyday was just too short.

JP Friend Code
    Happy anniversary to
    Flat's death!

its been a wild year

greetings to all. Guys do you think Alcides has in his possession Helios' carriage, Marmyadose or Arion himself?

I ask since I never imagined that he could use Chiron's immortality as an extra life.

Does Marmyadose have anything to do with a specific labor? If not, I doubt it.
    Also, any guesses what the Potion of Youth Chekhov's Gun is gonna be used on? Healing Gil? Un-Avengering Alcides? Turning Enkidu into a Berserker? Un-FLATtening Flat?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Healing Gil is a thing Enkidu is already decided on the process. Un-Avengering Alcides requires something more forceful. Turning Enkidu into a Berserker is a great option. The Flat option I don't have anything against, but not anything for either. I wonder if it can un-Ishtar Fillia.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Un-Avengering Alcides requires something more forceful.
    Yeah, for purifying Alcides maybe the golden apples might do something. Or a combination of factors.