Page 652 of 652 FirstFirst ... 152552602642647650651652
Results 13,021 to 13,031 of 13031

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Love how almost everyone here collectively hates Alcides lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
    Preety ironic considering his character is built on hatred as well

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
    Are we not meant to?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    The only people I see liking Alcides are non-readers who heard about TArcher and don’t realize what an edgelord he is

I will simply quote myself on the subject

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    I am particularly fond of the egregious case of Alkeides, who reviles his divinity for marking him as an inhuman monster as much as himself for throwing away the humanity that his loved ones had seen in him, for squeezing out aspects of the character that don't pertain exclusively to protecting little girls, miscellaneous heroics plus-minus inarticulate madness, and hitting things really fucking hard, and it is vaguely disappointing that this is encapsulated as having more edges than a broken pisspot by most. On the other hand he makes people mad, so it's probably quid pro quo.
    And while we're at it, he's an excellent example of a Servant whose irregular heroic aspect has well-considered repercussions. Taking the divinity out of Herk casts the entirety of his legend and his bearing towards it in a completely different light, bringing the partial aspect of the Servant into conflict with the immutable legend of the Heroic Spirit to which he can no longer relate. Heroic Spirits are described as scrolls on which the stories that make up their legends are inscribed; if the ultimate benediction of deification and the enshrinement of his divine aspect are struck out, what remains is the story of senseless violence without atonement, spurred on and inflamed by the gods. His expression of grailmud corruption couldn't be more thematically fitting, and it extends the throughline of divinity and control contra humanity and transcendence that occupies much of Strange Fake's storyline.

Also, like, just name a Servant with a more touching and character-defining scene in a spinoff than Alkeides and Jason. It could have been in HA virtually untouched. Simply kinographic.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I'm extremely petty, I'm just mad he isn't Heracles' human half as seen in The Odyssey, where Odysseus sees him when visiting the underworld and he tells him the divine half went on to become a god on Olympus after burning himself alive.

Extremely puerile to be buttmad about a headcanon being wrong, but I thought it was really good. Just like with Spooky Assassin not being Rashid ad Din Sinan (but this one is more forgiveable because Spooky Hassan is the GOAT).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Good concept and all but as a character he's pretty uninteresting and repetitive

I think his big moment will be in alcides vs hyppolyta. If they don't turn the guy into mad man.
    His character defining moment

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    I think his big moment will be in alcides vs hyppolyta. If they don't turn the guy into mad man.
    His character defining moment
    Like Leftovers said, his character defining moment is the excellent speech he gave about Jason. I don't think we'll get anything better than that out of him.

Who knows..I think there could be more to it. At best reaching the conclusion of anger is justified but it's not okay to get consumed by revenge, lose his own values. But I think I am asking too much from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    I will simply quote myself on the subject

And while we're at it, he's an excellent example of a Servant whose irregular heroic aspect has well-considered repercussions. Taking the divinity out of Herk casts the entirety of his legend and his bearing towards it in a completely different light, bringing the partial aspect of the Servant into conflict with the immutable legend of the Heroic Spirit to which he can no longer relate. Heroic Spirits are described as scrolls on which the stories that make up their legends are inscribed; if the ultimate benediction of deification and the enshrinement of his divine aspect are struck out, what remains is the story of senseless violence without atonement, spurred on and inflamed by the gods. His expression of grailmud corruption couldn't be more thematically fitting, and it extends the throughline of divinity and control contra humanity and transcendence that occupies much of Strange Fake's storyline.

Also, like, just name a Servant with a more touching and character-defining scene in a spinoff than Alkeides and Jason. It could have been in HA virtually untouched. Simply kinographic.
    Yeah essentially all of this, is why I personally love Alcides, and I previously worded various comments saying that I have prior. I particularly like this because it shows Alcides actively destroying his own life by his own choices. Even getting corrupted by the grail mud was because of Herc's arrogance in the knights class. Rather than just him being a mindless berserker this is a much more interesting spin for me. You can hardly say Zerk Herc was even a character imo