• Male MC

17 54.84%
  • Female MC

14 45.16%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Play Fate/EXTRA CCC

Blog Entries

Let's Play Fate/EXTRA CCC

Because I am cruel and would like to tantalize you with the possibility of a Let's Play that may never materialize. At least not until summer.

A little explanation (minor spoilers ahead for those who are particularly sensitive): there are two routes, Servant route and CCC route (which is probably intended to be played after one has completed a Servant route, though it's accessible from the start). For the most part, CCC route follows the same path as the Servant route with some added scenes and minor changes. The two only completely diverge in the final chapter. Due to there being a handy choice branch near the end, you can still see the Servant route endings on CCC route; however, you can't see the CCC ending on the Servant route.

There are also two variations to the Servant route endings: "Extra ending" (normal end) and "Servant ending" (good end). If I was to do a Let's Play, I would trigger the flags for both the CCC route and the Servant good ending; this way I can show both on one playthrough, but some events exclusive to the Servant route will be omitted as a result. Those can be added later if people show interest.

What I'm not sure on is how to handle choice branches in general. I can either just pick the "right" choices and move right along, or stop the recording whenever I hit a branch and post for people to vote on the choices, except when the flags mentioned above are involved. This would also break the LP into more manageable segments (for me), but it could be choppy when there are multiple choices close to each other.

For reference, it usually takes about twenty-some hours to clear one playthrough of CCC. I can probably shorten that quite a bit if I start a New Game+ with levels carried over, but people might not want that.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Reiu; June 5th, 2013 at 10:53 PM.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Should I stop working on mine then?

Blog Entries
    Let's collaborate and save ourselves some work?

(I didn't know you were seriously planning on doing one, sorry about that.)

Blog Entries
    you could always work on doing two seperate routes?

(huh, if an actual lets play was posted I would have to stop beating people up over spoilers, and its still an awesome thought)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    Let's collaborate and save ourselves some work? :nasu:

(I didn't know you were seriously planning on doing one, sorry about that.)
    Not a bad idea but I'm not entirely sure how it'd work?

I was going to do it, but... I could step aside on the sole condition that you have to translate every line of dialogue that comes out of Shinji's mouth >:(

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    you could always work on doing two seperate routes?

(huh, if an actual lets play was posted I would have to stop beating people up over spoilers, and its still an awesome thought)
    Well, issue would be that the routes are like 90% identical.
    Last edited by Kotonoha; May 15th, 2013 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    I was hoping there would be more daylight between the routes then that. well, collaboration would take some of the strain off if you could make it work, I am just not quite sure how that would play out
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I was thinking we could do the translations on Google Docs or something. At least the parts that are identical, if we're doing different routes/going with different Servants.

You know, in defiance of Pai.

Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    We should get 4 people to do 4 different Let's Plays for each servant. And try to get 'em to not borrow one another's translations, then we can play with the translation differences!

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Voted femmc tentatively because playing as the opposite gender in a video game is like cross-dressing which is a sexually deviant behavior which I can't support. If you are actually a dude pretending to be a teenage girl go right ahead with the malemc!

New game+ would be fine by me since I don't really care about the game play. Most folk interested probably don't, I'd assume.

I'd be interested in following it at any rate! Either of ya doing it. I figure you'd be doing Gilgamesh, aye Reiu?
    Last edited by Kelnish; May 15th, 2013 at 04:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    god I hope not, it would be annoying to have to avoid the lets play because they are using the dont play first route

Blog Entries
    Why would you deny Reiu her gilgamesh

Blog Entries
    I wouldnt!

I mean worst case scenario I have something to keep pushing me to learn on my own I suppose.

Blog Entries
    I really only changed my mind about doing an LP when I realized that I'd already got some of the most painful parts to translate over with. So yeah, probably going with Gil. I don't want to have to do those ridiculously long SG conversations again for some time. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    god I hope not, it would be annoying to have to avoid the lets play because they are using the dont play first route
    Really, Gil's spoilers are cryptic enough that they're only recognizable as spoilers once one has already completed both the Servant and CCC routes. Nasu's insistence was probably in fact because Gil's more geared towards the CCC route (the existence of which most did not realize until after the first playthrough), what with BB's extra scenes and all. And because his SG conversations lead right into a certain scene exclusive to that route.
    Last edited by Reiu; May 15th, 2013 at 05:05 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Besides, Gil is the best when it comes to interacting with certain other Servant.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    What matters is the servant. You know what I meeeaaan...

(My choice for MC would be based on the servant.)

I can probably shorten that quite a bit if I start a New Game+
    Excuse me, but I don't know the terminology. Does this mean you don't have the need to grind in the dungeons (if there are still dungeons at all)?

Thoughts?
    Somebody, anybody, do it! Please, it would be welcome.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Excuse me, but I don't know the terminology
    you need to play more games.

Does this mean you don't have the need to grind in the dungeons (if there are still dungeons at all)?
    You start with the level you ended your last playthrough.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    New Game Plus makes everything about a thousand times easier. Winning the early bossfights in one turn.

But at the same time that makes it less interesting to watch.

Blog Entries
    basically it makes the boss fights like this

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    New Game Plus makes everything about a thousand times easier. Winning the early bossfights in one turn.

I could totally help with that. (As in battling with a lower/the recced level.) Besides I need a reason to play CCC again.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    you need to play games, at all.
    Fixed, for weird truth.

Although it's debatable if I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post

Mh, I understand. On the one hand, it's easier for the LPer (and we all know how important this is). And after all, I get the feeling fights aren't what is interesting in CCC.

On the other hand, enemies falling like leaves could lead to... anti-climatic situations.

In the end, whatever is best for the LPer.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, while the fights mostly dont need much strategy (the bossfights sometimes do tho), they DO look pretty.