Thread: To Aru Mahou Shoujotachi no Monogatari (Index/Madoka)

Arrow To Aru Mahou Shoujotachi no Monogatari (Index/Madoka)

It's me, Narrator 1. I was one of the Beast's Lair old guard, back when EvoSpace was running things more directly and Evaron was one of the mods. I mainly lingered around the Type-Moon fanfiction section, more specifically that Mage: the Ascension-ish RPG that was supposed to be a Type-Moon AU before it completely jumped off the rails.

It's good to know that the English-speaking TM fandom has gotten even bigger than ever while I was away, and the board even has its own domain!

Anyway, this fic is a crossover between To Aru Majutsu no Index and Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and my first active project within nearly a decade. Unlike nearly everything else of its kind, it starts out by throwing a Madoka character into Index's 'verse instead of the opposite. I started this primarily because I felt that there was a distinct lack of fics that dealt with the magic side in Index, as opposed to the many science side fics. Furthermore, while Touma, Accelerator, and especially Mikoto had many fics dedicated to them, the fics that actually starred and utilized Index's title character as anything other than a joke character could be counted using the fingers on a single hand. (When I noted this in a certain forum, they called me an "Indexfag" and did their best to threadbomb me. Whatever.) I saw fics like StoicTPK's trilogy (of which the first is complete and the second is in progress), which gave a new dimension to a character (Kuroko) whom the author had treated as comedy relief, so I wanted to do the same.

With that having been said, Index is by no means the only important character here.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8056862/...-no-Monogatari

Here is the link. Enjoy. Comments and criticisms are welcome. And thank you.

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    Can you really blame other people for not wanting to write Index(character)-centric fics?
    Index is supposed to be the Magic-Side Main Heroine but her role is more of a recurring character currently; everyone else is just following Kamachi's lead regarding her position in the story (Poor titular character), turning more into a gag-character.
    It'd be a different if could she could at least fight her own battles, buuuttt since she's a Majin candidate that complicates things...

Soooo...

¯\(°_o)/¯

NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IhaxlikeNoob View Post
    Can you really blame other people for not wanting to write Index(character)-centric fics?
    Index is supposed to be the Magic-Side Main Heroine but her role is more of a recurring character currently; everyone else is just following Kamachi's lead regarding her position in the story (Poor titular character), turning more into a gag-character.
    It'd be a different if could she could at least fight her own battles, buuuttt since she's a Majin candidate that complicates things...

Soooo...

¯\(°_o)/¯
    Point taken. Utilizing Index properly requires a ton of research, one that the average fic writer has no interest in doing, especially since Index herself as written by Kamachi is kind of weak as a character compared to her science-side counterparts. I can very much understand the impulse to ignore her and the magic side entirely; writing this I considered a challenge to rise to.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Holy mother of God it's here. One of my favorite Index crossovers has somehow managed to migrate over to Beast's Lair? What are the chances.

I remember liking this very much, so good on you for taking the road less traveled/putting out something of good quality/yadda yadda yadda compliments that are actually well deserved and not just because people hugbox. Speaking honestly here.

Kamachi's not very good at the balancing act that author's need to deal with. On one hand, he writes some genuinely interesting and awesome stuff, but on the other hand he seems to (from the impressions I get, at any rate) succumb to fandom peer pressure more readily than an author ought to at the expense of much of the cast, which has apparently led to the direction that Index has taken as opposed to its initial storyline. Really a bit of a shame, y'know.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; May 30th, 2013 at 08:49 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Chapter 6 is out. I apologize for it taking so darn long, but here it finally is.

Image by Julie "Chanoa" Hasegawa of DeviantArt

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    HFS

Will read ASAP.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.