View Poll Results: Does UBW Good have a deserved place in the greater context of the visual novel?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 63.77%
  • No

25 36.23%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Was UBW Good a good idea to include in Fate/stay night?

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    He said the best of us. Although the implied inclusion of himself seemed rather overreaching.
    I never thought of me as "best", but I certainly will never enjoy netorare.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    He said the best of us. Although the implied inclusion of himself seemed rather overreaching.
    I'll admit once I got through some really extreme ones(Sanbun Kyoden), I've begun to find peace amongst the RAGE.

Blog Entries
    I'm weak. Angry/envious Rin is cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I'm weak. Angry/envious Rin is cute!
    You're not weak; you have taste.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    You're not weak; you have taste.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    That said, its alright, and gives Saber a chance to live a solid life.
    The harem-y stuff is purely fanon honestly, or at the very least, would be on Rin's terms. I saw it more as mutual battle bros and not the powertripping fantasy of a dude lording over his battle ladies stabbing stuff with his magik swordz.
    This. Because it is definitely Rin's harem.

(With tongue in cheek, I point out that Rin explicitly wanted to keep Archer around at the end of the route, and she had more romantic and sexual chemistry with Lancer in about twelve seconds together than she had with Shirou anyway. If we look at Rin as the player rather than Shirou, she was totally going for the harem end through the whole route.)

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ-3000 View Post
    Problem with harem endings is that they undermine all the time the protagonist has spent building the heroine's trust and affection from the entire route, which feels really cheap. Only one waifu to rule them all, yo.
    According to this reasoning, though, UBW Good makes perfect sense, because you only get it if you both (a) do not rack up enough affection points with Rin to automatically drop you into True, and also (b) score sufficient affection points with Saber. So basically the player gets it by NOT spending sufficient time building the heroine's trust and affection and instead hanging out with the other girl.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyal-to-Lelouch View Post
    I'll admit once I got through some really extreme ones(Sanbun Kyoden), I've begun to find peace amongst the RAGE.
    Sanbun Kyoden isn't even that extreme. Also his art is terrible.

Banned
    I guess with Rin it's more acceptable since she's the heroine who feels the least depended/in love with Shirou out of the trio. Ciel on the other hand.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Sanbun Kyoden isn't even that extreme. Also his art is terrible.
    Welp, his Sayuki no Sato broke me. :/
    Last edited by LoyaltL; June 24th, 2013 at 05:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Rinphiles basically sit on their cloud held thrones while other heroine waifu's fight desperately for second place, she can take a little teasing and silliness >.<
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I swear to God, you made basically that same post back in one of the polls forums when the subforum for them still existed. I think it was a "Who's your favourite F/SN heroine?" poll. Only it was Saberphiles you mentioned then.

Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )

Blog Entries
    I...doubt it. Don't get me wrong, I recycle jokes all the time, but I have pretty much forever been convinced that Rin fans basically have the easy street where they can just watch and laugh at everyone else.

Blog Entries
    No, no, no. Don't you dare question my capacity of memorizing useless shit. You said that as a Saberphile you have the privilege of supporting the main heroine while the fans of runner-ups fight among themselves.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Any waifufag thinks their personal waifu is the elite choice, but they don't realize that they call themselves the elite of a sandbox filled with shit.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    No, no, no. Don't you dare question my capacity of memorizing useless shit. You said that as a Saberphile you have the privilege of supporting the main heroine while the fans of runner-ups fight among themselves.

Sounds like something I would say. Though I may have just been trying to rile someone up as opposed to actually meaning it.

Blog Entries
    Any waifufag thinks their personal waifu is the elite choice, but they don't realize that they call themselves the elite of a sandbox filled with shit.
    I will fight you.

Blog Entries
    It's not about a waifu Buster; it's about me remembering useless shit like what some bloke over the Internet posted on an obscure poll thread on an obscure forum years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Sounds like something I would say. Though I may have just been trying to rile someone up as opposed to actually meaning it.
    Yes, you could have just been joking. I don't really care about what you really meant because I like Rin almost as much as Saber. It's just that I got surprised at just how similar this post about Rinphilles was to that one about Saber in that other thread.
    Last edited by Polly; June 24th, 2013 at 05:39 PM.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Check your main heroine fan privilege.

(you did it Kelnish, we tumblr now)

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It's okay, I3uster. We can't all have sandboxes.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

It's not about a waifu Buster; it's about me remembering useless shit like what some bloke over the Internet posted on an obscure poll thread on an obscure forum years ago.
    Says the obscure farm girl from Utah.

"Believe in your heart, reaching to the shining sun, now for the sake of grasping victory!"
    Necowain the II
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhance View Post