Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: DDD_Spoiler_guess_and_guess_thread

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

DDD_Spoiler_guess_and_guess_thread

Let's discuss with DDD's spoiler guess and guess topics.

My 1st topic is Origa memorial hospital.
    Spoiler:

In SS1. This novel is "Burning Chrome" written by William Gibson at 1986.
    Name:  Chrome_1_go.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  55.4 KB
    In SS2. Short story title "辺境""Hinterlands".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hinterlands_1_go.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	8563
    In SS3. You see Lieutenant Colonel "Oruga".

Name:	oruga_1_go.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	8564
    In SS4. One female character named Leni suicide by robot arm in starship and her right arm was dissected looks like a middle ages paintings.

Name:	reni_1_go.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	8565

レニは手術室で見つかった。窮屈な通路に作られた窮屈な入り込み(アルコーブ)。彼女の真上で、美しい機 械(マシーネ・サーボ)、ピカピカの外科手術用マニピュレータが、その輝かしい、細いアーム、止血鉗子(ヘ モスタット)や、鉗子(かんし)や、レーザー・メスのくっついたクモガニの脚を、きちんと折りたたんでいた 。ヒラリーはヒステリー状態だった。どこかのかすかなチャンネルになかばまぎれこんだかたちで、人間の腕の 解剖学、腱と、動脈と、基本的分類のことをしゃべっていた。ヒラリーは悲鳴をあげていた。
     血はまったく見られなかった。マニピュレータはきれい好きな機械で、ゼロGの中でも血をバキュームで吸い とり、見苦しくない仕事をやってのける。レニは、ヒロがハッチを爆破する直前に死んだのだ。レニの右腕はプ ラスチックの手術台の上で、中世絵画のようにひろげられていた。皮を剥がれ、筋肉とその他の組織が、1ダー スのステンレスの解剖用ピンで固定されて、きちんと対称的に陳列されていた。出血死だった。手術用マニュピ レーターは自殺を受けつけないように注意ぶかくプログラムされている。しかし、その一方で、生物学的標本の 処理と貯蔵のため、ロボット解剖機の役を果たすこともできる。
     レニはこの機械をだます方法を見つけたのだ。機械が相手なら、たいていの場合はそれが見つかる。時間さえ あれば。レニには八年の歳月があった。
     レニは折りたたみ式の枠組み、歯科用椅子の骸骨の化石そっくりなしろものの中に横たわってい た。

--ウィリアム・ギブスン 朝倉久志訳 "クローム襲撃" 早川書房 昭和六十二年五月十五日発行
    (C)1987 Hayakawa Publishing, Inc.

What do you think? Is it just a coincidence?
    Last edited by Ossan99; June 25th, 2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Miss Jarman said viciously: 'You must reallywant your money.'
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----
     ミス・ジャーマンが悪意に満ちた声で言った。「お金のためならどんなことでもするのね」
    「ちがう」 ハーヴェイが疲れたように首をふった。「そうじゃあないんだよ。カントンでありたいのさ。敗れ ることを知らないカントンなんだ。今まではね」
     私は口をはさんだ。「十五分たったら車をもってきてくれ。銃声を聞かなければだ。銃声が聞こえたら、自分 で判断しろ」
     私は土手に沿って右へ歩きながら塹壕への入口を探した。見つけて中に入った。

I have some theories (I think I showed them to Cruor and he went "what is this shit") regarding certain events and characters thorough the story, sadly I'm too shy to post them right now. Mostly because two of them need some wacky stuff to occur.

Mine were :

• Tsuranui-Kinui kinship
    • Kaie's left leg form and stuff
    • Seeking Yamada-san's Combustion Incident explanation
    Last edited by Crown; June 25th, 2013 at 06:25 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Crown
    Thank you for your reply.
    Don't be shy! Reason why I created this thread was just you wrote "I'm too shy to post them right now" in original DDD thread.
    This thread is open and share such any idea and discussion. I promise I never blame your any idea. Of course, I'm going to say agree or not agree by my thinking, but any idea is welcome. Please post your idea now.
    P.S. I'm sorry I still stucking play my tsukibako. If I will finish it at all, I am going to play Japanese mahjong with you via web!
    'No.' Harvey shook his head wearily. 'It's not that, honey. He wants to be Caneton. And nobody ever beat Caneton. Yet.'
    I said quickly: 'Bring the car through in fifteen minutes. Unless you hear shooting. Then you can decide for yourself.'
    I walked away down the bank to the right, looking for the entrance to the communication trench. I found it and turned in.
    -----

I have a lot of freetime.
    Spoiler:

Decoration Disorder Disconnection Theories

Theory # 1

Kinui “Doctor Roman” and “Tsuranui” Mihaya (father – daughter?)
    Defining the main points ————–

What we know

• Kinui (貫井):
    • Origa Memorial Hospital Doctor
    • Casually had medical sessions with Arika and Makina during their rehabilitation and later allowed the discharge and location of both.
    • A kind and romantic person.
    • His whereabouts are unknown (Past Hand.S [2004-2005])

• Tsuranui (貫井未早):
    • Arika’s underclassmen.
    • A cheerful, lively and rich girl.
    • Nineteen years old.
    • Lives alone by herself and has a department near a former Bread Factory.
    • Is not allowed to have job.

Reasons to speculate————–

Kinui:

• Same kanji for the surname.
    • At the center of Prefecture C, an establishment called “Kinui General Hospital” exists. Hinomori Syuusei was admitted during three years here when he was diagnosticated with AD (95-98). Is he the director perhaps?
    • We don’t know about his family or any relationships.
    • Age is unknown.
    • If Kinui General Hospital happened to be under his jurisdiction and at the same time or a point later in his life joined Origa (a “charitable institution”) then the idea of him earning money enough to be rich from the General Hospital is feasible.

Tsuranui:

• Same kanji for the surname. Arika misread it and “Tsuranui” kept.
    • If she was Dr. Roman’s daughter being rich would not be farfetched.
    • Her parent’s names were never known.
    • We know her old man (father?) is not close to her and even ignores her. Tsuranui once asked her old man about what “Demon Possession” was; he brushed her off with just being a mental disorder. However, this explanation is not often seen/spoken by the common people and only Doctors, Medics and the like or people involved in cases of Demon Possession should be aware of. The most casual belief of AD is that it’s caused by a demon, why? Because it’s the easiest way to explain and understand it.
    • Whether she has a mother is unknown. For that instance, Kinui not talking about his personal life together with Mihaya living alone would make sense, since he’s not interested in them.

Downsides

For this to work 貫井must be the same Kinui at Origa which is highly possible and this is probably me being paranoid, etc. Doc’s first introduced as キヌイ then ドクター・ロマン and finally 貫井 when Tomato tells Makina not to screw up Kinui-san’s efforts.
    The kanji for “Kinui” in Kinui General Hospital it’s different: 「絹衣」not 「貫井」
    If we follow the only appearance of 貫井 when Touma addressed to Hisaori then Arika never knew how Kinui is written as long as we follow the Japanese text. IIRC Arika plainly uses Kinui (katakana-only) and Doctor Roman.

Conclusion

Thus, a far away relationship between Kinui and Tsuranui is possible. The same kanji in their names holds the most definite power in this. Might be cool. 

Theory # 2

Karyou’s left leg prosthetic
    Defining the main points—

What we know

Arika once saw a man in his forties with gaunt face wearing a gray suit in a despicable -tired , shoulders dropping and eyes devoid of any light- state enter the Water Tank. Arika decided to wait and see what happened afterwards, half an hour passed and the man never returned. When Arika questioned Kaie (subtly) if somebody came Karyou answered that a man asked him for help with his possession “I hope I freed him” –stated Karyou. The problem is, the man disappeared inside the place, literally.

Presumption

I speculate that this old man is something akin to Merem’s King of Rats and it’s in fact, the true form of Kaie’s leg.
    […]Merem uses this to his advantage, as he is forever stuck in the body of a child. The Demon, usually acting under the guise of an elderly priest, acts as Merem’s spokesperson in human society. If ever brought under the gaze of a high-class exorcist, it would be unable to maintain its shape, and be forced to return to its original form. […]
    If this is true then Kaie punishing Yamada outside the Water Tank is possible. This old man could very well be used as spokesperson in the outside world as well.
    I wank that this old man is the “mysterious man who self-proclaimed demon possessed”. As we have seen, this man has granted the wishes of a few; Sinker, whom sanity was lost; Sekura, whom arm joints were elongated. However, the only known features this man has displayed are being middle-aged-border line old and that wears a hat.
    Downsides

Could’ve been just a common possessed.
    The man could’ve been a different one. The Man Arika saw didn’t wear a hat.
    Conclusion

Might be just me being paranoid. Karyou has his scary moments. 

Theory # 3

Yamada-san’s Spontaneous Combustion Incident
    Supposedly Happened in 1995. I believe it was Karyou who caused this and that Yamada (Hand.S R]) survived or it was an alias given to his mediators.

Defining the main points–

What we know

Yamada (Hand.S(R):

• Yamada is an alias.
    • About forty years old.
    • Predecessor as Kaie’s mediator, dismissed after Makina was discharged.
    • Was imitated by Makina for a period.

Reasons to speculate

Yamada suggesting to Arika (Makina) to never tell Kaie to go outside because apparently you turn into his enemy makes it look suspicious, as if Karyou was willing to punish whoever pronounced those words.

Presumption

Either the Yamada we know or a previously known Yamada suggested Kaie to go outside. Then Karyou punished him with one of his prosthetics. Let’s go by process of elimination:
    If it was Hatred then he’d have been devoured; if it was Sorrow he may have been dissolved; could be Delight since we don’t know much about it, and his left leg prosthetic and its unknown name or form. These could only happen as long as he was inside the Water Tank, I doubt Karyou has somebody to serve him as hitman. Unless,
    The mysterious man who self-proclaimed demon possessed (S.vs.S) might as well be the person who caused this. A wish being granted to Yamada-san in the outside could end in this combustion.
    There is also the possibility of something following him outside (Karyou’s demon?) which I find more unlikely.
    In addition, Makina was a fifth grader by the time this happened. In Hand.S (L) we see that in one summer day a relaxed Makina yells that she’s seeing a ghost, a black, ash-like ghost. Perhaps, Makina was the witness of this incident. After this event Makina radically changed.
    If Yamada survived then he giving this advice to his successor is not rare, nevertheless if that was another Yamada the experience of this incident passing through the time is not crazy either.

Downsides

• There must be more than one Yamada, it’s either that or the combustion didn’t kill him.
    • The place where this happened is pretty unclear. If the Makina speculation is right then the combustion happened outside the Water Tank, near Nouzu residential area in front of the Residence 303 (Hisaori Household).
    • We need to know the exact month of the incident and Makina’s birthday to see a difference of months:

You’re usually 10 or 11 in fifth grade. Then for this to work the Yamada incident must have happened sometime in the first seven months of 1995 (Ten years old Makina), and Makina’s birthday should be in the first seven months of 1984. Shinya is 19 years old by August 2004 whereas Makina is one year older than him.

• Karyou’s reach is only limited to the Water Tank…I think..

Conclusion

Karyou is the one to blame for this incident. Using his left leg demon that is capable of going outside.

And sure let's play someday.

I'm also curious about "Heartless" and his "heart" as well as the other "なし" guys.
    Last edited by Crown; June 25th, 2013 at 06:41 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Crown
    I should go to work now but I would like to say, your spoiler post is great. sorry I have no time to check your post in detail at this moment.
    Last edited by Ossan99; June 26th, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
    -----

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Crown
    I'm very tired about SPIN training with role-playing yesterday. Anyway, I checked your theory #1.
    Spoiler:

In SS1. About "貫井未早", Never ruby add for "貫井". Native Japanese knows only her first name is "mihaya" and nickname is "Tsuranui".

Name:	Nukii_1_go.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	8567
    In SS2. Dr. Roman called "Kinui".Never used with Japanese Kanji.

Name:	Nukii_2_go.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	8568
    In SS3. Dr.Roman's last name Japanese kanji is "貫井".

Name:	Nukii_3_go.JPG 
Views:	280 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	8569
    Finally Dr.Roman and Tsuranui's last name is same. It should be called (Kinui)"貫井".
    Conclusion:I agree with you Dr.Roman is father and Tsuranui is daughter. It is better interesting than same last name between two persons.
    Last edited by Ossan99; June 26th, 2013 at 01:09 PM.
    -----

Yeah..what irks me is that I don't recall Arika ever using "貫井" so he was probably unaware of how is it written and never realized the similarity...or so I want to believe.

Maybe Nasu will answer some questions in Vol.3 ( ;_; ).

Hey Ossan, what do you think that mark on Hinomori's chest is?

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Crown; June 26th, 2013 at 01:23 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Crown
    I just wake up. Hum, About his chest is....
    Spoiler:

not described yet. Do you have any suspicious point?
    Last edited by Ossan99; June 26th, 2013 at 06:50 PM.
    -----

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Rowanism's Avatar
    Considering it is Nasu it could be anything =/

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanism View Post
    Considering it is Nasu it could be anything =/
    Like what.

Surprise me.

It could be the same like in 428, a mark. Like one that is created when being infected/posessed and is a side-effect.
    It could be a tattoo.
    It could be a wound from an accident 8 years ago.
    It could be a magic circuit/crest that limits his power (based on what he did, god knows what he can do when it's being removed).
    It could be a weird blood-/soulstain of a formal victim/enemy and is the spot where the demon entered.
    It could be a command spell (hue).
    It could be his weak point (sup Siegfried).
    It could be a malfunction of his skin that shows when a bloodsucker is near (WiFi signal meter).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Crown
    My comment of your theory #2 and #3
    Spoiler:

#2. Currently no comment because I did not play disc of "海月十夜". I don't know about Merem’s King of Rats on actual play.
    #3. I agree with you. GJ! However, I'm not sure reason why Mr.Yamada (demon) felt compassion with Kaie. Mr. Yamada already said himself but does demon feel compassion?
    -----

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Again, I don't really believe your second theory (that the unknown guy may be one of Kaie's prosthetic's). As I simply think Kaie can really get scary and that there probably is a reason that Tomato is okay with going up against Kanata but is not okay with being in the same room as Kaie. But I think the third one is a lot more complex and I don't think is correct either (Though one of your presumptions I agree with).

For instance, one of my theories regarding the third is the one you mentuon in the middle- that the thing Makina seen was that guy Igurumi met that made him an Agonist (As I take the whole Makina radically changing thing to mean the start of her descent into an Agonist). Perhaps doing the thing to Yamada(s?) Of course if we combine this with another of your theories and that this guy is one of Kaie's limbs then Kaie is singlehandedly the biggest troll Nasu has written. Kirei/Gil/everyone are literally smalltime. And there's very little to contradict this besides Kaie's beastial hate for Agonists which he seems to ignore a lot of the time.

I do think Kaie is sealed or somehow stuck inside the watertank but we need to see the other rooms before making that conclusion imo. We simply know almost nothing about Kaie is the problem.

And back to the question on the reason why Hinomori hunts Agonists (which is a question I may or may not have answered I can't remember) back when I first read DDD I actually jokingly thought that he was hunting the weird guy Igurumi met that seems to make people Agonists (lolAraya Soren). Don't really think so now as that's kinda cheesy and stupid and I don't really think Nasu would go that route.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Rowanism
    Why are you using Masatoshi Hamada's face in your avator? Are you a fan of "ダウンタウン"(daunn-taunn)"downtown"?
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanism View Post
    It could be the same like in 428, a mark. Like one that is created when being infected/posessed and is a side-effect.
    It could be a wound from an accident 8 years ago.
    It could be a magic circuit/crest that limits his power (based on what he did, god knows what he can do when it's being removed).
    I find these doable/believeable.

It could be a command spell (hue).
    This nigga.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossan99 View Post
    @Crown
    My comment of your theory #2 and #3
    Spoiler:

#2. Currently no comment because I did not play disc of "海月十夜". I don't know about Merem’s King of Rats on actual play.
    #3. I agree with you. GJ! However, I'm not sure reason why Mr.Yamada (demon) felt compassion with Kaie. Mr. Yamada already said himself but does demon feel compassion?
    Spoiler:
    #2. Merem appears in a side story called "Talk" included in the the Plus Period Book.
    #3. I don't remember everything so I might have overlooked that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Again, I don't really believe your second theory (that the unknown guy may be one of Kaie's prosthetic's). As I simply think Kaie can really get scary and that there probably is a reason that Tomato is okay with going up against Kanata but is not okay with being in the same room as Kaie.
    Tomato can be scary too! I mean, the day she went to request Kaie exorcise Sekura Hatred and Sorrow avoided her like the plague. Though I do agree Kaie is scary, yesterday while skimming through S.vs.S I found this line I had forgotten which roughly translates to something like:

"What a ridiculous misunderstanding. Unfortunately, you overestimated me, Arika. Never since I was born I have meant good for people."

But when were you born? Were you born naturally?

Need some details of that "Karyou Mansion Incident".

But I think the third one is a lot more complex and I don't think is correct either (Though one of your presumptions I agree with).
    Which one?

For instance, one of my theories regarding the third is the one you mentuon in the middle- that the thing Makina seen was that guy Igurumi met that made him an Agonist (As I take the whole Makina radically changing thing to mean the start of her descent into an Agonist). Perhaps doing the thing to Yamada(s?) Of course if we combine this with another of your theories and that this guy is one of Kaie's limbs then Kaie is singlehandedly the biggest troll Nasu has written. Kirei/Gil/everyone are literally smalltime. And there's very little to contradict this besides Kaie's beastial hate for Agonists which he seems to ignore a lot of the time.
    I do think Kaie is sealed or somehow stuck inside the watertank but we need to see the other rooms before making that conclusion imo. We simply know almost nothing about Kaie is the problem.
    How 'bout this?

Kaie hasn't stepped outside the Water Tank because the only demons out there are "fakes" and is waiting for the real thing. This explains why he never goes to excorcise them himself and rather asks Arika to be his representative. Since Arika gets good money he is unlikely to resist the temptation.

And back to the question on the reason why Hinomori hunts Agonists (which is a question I may or may not have answered I can't remember) back when I first read DDD I actually jokingly thought that he was hunting the weird guy Igurumi met that seems to make people Agonists (lolAraya Soren). Don't really think so now as that's kinda cheesy and stupid and I don't really think Nasu would go that route.
    I have a good hunch that Hinomori's infection was an accident and he's only coping with the situation. As for the Man who self-proclaims to be the devil he's overcast with hazy mist until Nasu provides further details. All we know about him so far is:

• Middle-aged
    • Wears a hat
    • Approaches people telling them he's got the power to grant their wishes in exchange of something valuable

Also is it just me or did Nasu go Uboruchi-ish with Sinker? It's like he meant to write the worst things that could happen to a poor kid.
    Last edited by Crown; June 27th, 2013 at 01:42 PM. Reason: I thought I had already edited...

Quote Originally Posted by Ossan99 View Post
    @Rowanism
    Why are you using Masatoshi Hamada's face in your avator? Are you a fan of "ダウンタウン"(daunn-taunn)"downtown"?
    Yes I am. And yes that is why I am wearing his iconic face. I used to wear Matsumoto before that. I watch Downtown/Gaki no Tsukai every year

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    iirc Evo considered the guy to be the Araya Soren of DDD. Which is a sentiment I also hold. Now whether he's Patient Zero, some weird magus like person that turns people into Agonist, has a weird Agonist power that does those things, or something else I have no clue. Either way he goes around making people Agonists hence me, when I first read it thinking that this was an Enhance-like scenario where Hinomori wants to kill Agonists while being an Agonist himself and a guy that (seems to) creates them. Of course now that its been years I don't think this is the case as Nasu has already pulled off this trope like twice or so.

Kaie talk in SVS is fucked up yo. Kaie is nuts (which is why I like him).

And again, there's that whole bit about Kaie really only having human form when he has the limbs (or was it that the limbs were created to give him human form? Can't remember).

And yeah, when people on /jp/ used (like years ago. Everyone hates actual discussion now lel) to make threads saying 'who is the most depressing TM /jp/' causing huge arguments between Ciel and Archer (with the occasional Sakura hue) I would always post an image of Sinker. But yeah, Nasu was always like that. There were also the threads/polls here where people argued the same thing and I just said Sinker then left the thread (because Ii really never cared for those threads)
    Last edited by Cruor; June 27th, 2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Oh right.

Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Cruor is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    And yeah, when people on /jp/ used (like years ago. Everyone hates actual discussion now lel) to make threads saying 'who is the most depressing TM /jp/' causing huge arguments between Ciel and Archer (with the occasional Sakura hue) I would always post an image of Sinker. But yeah, Nasu was always like that. There were also the threads/polls here where people argued the same thing and I just said Sinker then left the thread (because Ii really never cared for those threads)
    More like you left the threads because nobody replied to you or knew who that guy was.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Crown
    Thank you for your correction. I have a Plus Period disck in my tsukibako. Issue is only time and will.
    @Rowanism
    My wife is hate Matsumoto, but speciali program will be broadcasted at Dec 31, all of my family will enjoy it in each year.
    Last edited by Ossan99; June 29th, 2013 at 10:33 AM.
    -----

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    More like you left the threads because nobody replied to you or knew who that guy was.
    On /jp/ a few actually did know him. But went on to argue Archer did suffer more anyway. On BL Uberchoco actually agreed with me (don't think anyone else who read DDD posted in it). But that was like, on old BL.
    Oh right.

Cruor is very nice