Page 153 of 203 FirstFirst ... 53103143148151152153154155158163 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 4041

Thread: Things That Make You Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Yep. Utah is the only state in the US that is affected by the religious right at all. The rest of the country is a bunch of peace-loving hippies whose favourite passtimes are getting gay married and having abortions.
    Hate to bring this back up, but since, you know, I live and vote here, there's a massive number of us who were blindsided by this. Out of the twenty or so states I've spent more than a month in (going on 7.5yrs w/ permanent residence in Utah), this is the only one where the major religious organization- yes, singular- owns multiple media outlets- news channels, bookstores, newspapers, etc. The local NBC is directly owned by them, for crying out loud!

I shouldn't have to tell people what ward I go to in order to get a job. It shouldn't come up.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    For those wondering, he's talking about Mormons. Mormons control Utah.

Blog Entries
    Good people, ...interesting church.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Not good people, not bad people. Just people.

Blog Entries
    Best band ever

IBooBies

Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Well, my dick just went Beast Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Evangelion 3.33, Your Boner Can (Not) Rise

JESUS WANTS A HUG! The Sylentnight's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow. These last few pages.

On the topic of the sex ed thing, I never liked it for the school to be teaching them. The parents are the one responsible for teaching their own kids what happens. If a students asks about, the teacher should be allowed to talk about it. But it should be the parents telling the kids about this stuff.

I mean, I asked my mom and she just straight up told me sex. She told me what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    You can't see the future. You can just pray that the decisions you make are the right ones. That's what it means to be a commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle
    It's natural for Rin to surround herself with beautiful women, and natural for Shirou to be everyone's bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Neil Watts
    God, why is it so hard to be a smart ass these days?

Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis Suncofold's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I never learned about sex from my parents. Seriously, I'm pretty sure I knew about it in fourth grade. Beforewe did the sex ed course.

-____- I was such a naughty child

Current Fanfics:

Blog Entries
    Relevant - a survey from our psychology department:

The crap were these guys on?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sylentnight View Post
    Wow. These last few pages.

On the topic of the sex ed thing, I never liked it for the school to be teaching them. The parents are the one responsible for teaching their own kids what happens. If a students asks about, the teacher should be allowed to talk about it. But it should be the parents telling the kids about this stuff.

I mean, I asked my mom and she just straight up told me sex. She told me what happens.
    see, this is the kind of thing that makes me angry. not you specifically, but the mindset that parents will always and unfailingly correctly educate/teach their children.

sounds reasonable, but at absolute best, its coin pot luck. at worst, its total bullshit. there are people who, I kid you not, will sign papers and withdraw their children from any possible sex education. who will absolutely not only refuse to answer any questions but completely forbid the discussion of sex in their house or to their children. these children go onto high school and get pressured into making terrible mistakes that could have at least been mitigated if they knew what the hell birth control was and how it works, let alone what the letters STD stand for.

again, I will say parents should have the first chance and option to teach their children, but this attitude of throwing your hands up in the air and saying "leave it to the parents! they cant possibly screw up a kid's life out of misguided morality or ill conceived notions about their child's sexual development!" frustrates me a great deal.
    Last edited by Tobias; March 12th, 2012 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Relevant - a survey from our psychology department:

The crap were these guys on?
    this looks fun. i want to take this survey.

Blog Entries
    ........did they make it themselves?
    those are like... the most random ass questions ever =_=

@Tobi

god.. i concur with that so much
    but then also, just sometimes parents are bad at teaching it in the first place
    it can be a awkward conversation, and some people handle it very poorly, leaving their kids with more questions than answers and just kinda screwing them over
    although at least in that scenario it seems they'd be open to letting the kids take sex ed

IBooBies

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    ^ I see where that's going...

I'm still pissed at my teacher for giving us a Midterm during the Spring break....*sighs*

Blog Entries
    The survey was actually mainly professional. Kinda personal, but not absurd. Just that bit (and maybe one other? Been ages since I took it) that was massively WTF?

My parents dumped a sex-ed book outside my brother's door, and expected that he'd share it with me. They were obviously massively uncomfortable about the whole deal (despite my father being inclined to lecherous remarks). Meh, I'm pretty sure I'd learnt everything in there long before they gave us the book. Plus we had some sex-ed in school biology, and a few particular sex-ed classes. (And I finally encountered some government-guided, mandated stuff by the time I got into secondary school, too). No danger of me not knowing about the subject.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    i know we had sex ed in health, but it was really just talking about diseases and how the reproductive cycle works, like i don't think anyone ever taught us to "stick your penis in the vagina," or said anything about foreplay
    although college health sex ed they did tell us the EIGHTEEN steps to put on a condom

although both cases i already knew pretty much most shit already, cept like fuckign nitty gritty gay ass biology shit they make you learn

...honestly can't remember specifically how or when i learned though.. cept do member i learned about cum from f*cking doujin,... which kinda skewed my perception of it for a while

IBooBies

Blog Entries
    Yeah I went through some Human Sexuality class, but I already knew much about all this stuff way before I took the class. Don't ask how, but when you watch a lot of movies, anime, and shows, that's adult rated, something should hit you somewhere about how it led to that point. And some classes on tell you almost anything except about how to have sex...

Blog Entries
    .....lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    pretty much all classes ive/my friends had, at MULTIPLE schools taught anything but actually how to have sex
    i guess they just assumed?

but eh, i think i figured out OH YEAH PENIS SUPPOSED TO GO IN MY DOODLEY BITS at like 13
    and i didn't even know where the actual hole was till like 14 when i had to use time of the month stuff for the 1st time

IBooBies

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    see, this is the kind of thing that makes me angry. not you specifically, but the mindset that parents will always and unfailingly correctly educate/teach their children.

sounds reasonable, but at absolute best, its coin pot luck. at worst, its total bullshit. there are people who, I kid you not, will sign papers and withdraw their children from any possible sex education. who will absolutely not only refuse to answer any questions but completely forbid the discussion of sex in their house or to their children. these children go onto high school and get pressured into making terrible mistakes that could have at least been mitigated if they knew what the hell birth control was and how it works, let alone what the letters STD stand for.

again, I will say parents should have the first chance and option to teach their children, but this attitude of throwing your hands up in the air and saying "leave it to the parents! they cant possibly screw up a kid's life out of misguided morality or ill conceived notions about their child's sexual development!" frustrates me a great deal.
    Agreed. Sure it would be great if all parents would teach their kids and the school didn't have to, but in practice, it's not going to happen.

Blog Entries
    my plan if i ever have kids and they ask about it :
    point to the internets

IBooBies

Blog Entries
    Well we're having a ball this this little topic, and whatever was said about this must have made somebody so angry that they had to post this, and it became our little discussion.