Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Castlevania: WHAT IS A MAN?

necro bumping, this has been confirmed for probably a year now but here's the first promo poster for the animated castlevania netflix series premiering sometime this year, with season 2 in 2018 already being confirmed. it has also been confirmed that they're using the game Castlevania 3racula's Curse more or less as the plot of the series

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Netflix Castlevania complaints: No Death (entity), no Dracula transformation, and I really hate that Gary Oldman Dracula-style mercy kill scene. As I probably mentioned before, that never would have happened had Dracula been a human character, but it's just another one of those "100 reasons to kill non-humans", while "100 reasons not to kill humans". Makes me sick. I'm going to watch Ainz summon Dark Young to slaughter Re-Estize soldiers and clap for real. Should wash the disgust from my mouth. Watching Castlevania really made me enjoy Overlord more.

As for Alucard, it's ironic that the more he tries to distance himself from his father the more alike he is. He's trying to stop his father from doing something that his mother does not want his father to do by doing something that his mother does not want him to do. Of course, Dracula. He still inescapably has a "normal-type" soul, unlike Reinhard Heydrich and Kotomine Kirei, as even he feels squeamish about fighting his own son. Reinhard. Hah. He loves everything, and so he also destroys everything.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; October 31st, 2018 at 09:04 PM.

Bloody. Fucking. Tears.

598,535,004 (NA)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    S2 started really slow. It picked up in places, with 6 and 7 being standout episodes, with great fights and lots of story progression. I really liked the Alucard/Cypher/Trevor dynamic and also Issac in general. It was a nice parallel to have one human leading a bunch of monster and to have the other being lead by monsters. Peter Stormaire was pretty bad though. He's much more suited to a creepy, menacing, intelligent villain, not a dumb viking minion.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Dracula says he's going to take a year to build an "army", and all we get is a writhing mob. Then again, I may be spoiled by the true greatness of Lord Ainz and Herr Heydrich.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Castlevania >>> Overlord, fite me

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I explained why it's the opposite before. I'm not going to repost something that was on the same page. Dracula spends too much time doting on his no-good, ungrateful wastrel of a son, and it destroyed him, despite the fact that he has a loving niece. Yes, even in Castlevania, Liz is Vlad's niece: https://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Elizabeth_Bartley

Also, don't worry. I'm sure that if Dracula got on both knees and begged, he would be allowed to join the Sorcerous Kingdom of Nazarick, as well. Even a great sign-on bonus. His son's carcass, piecemeal. I seriously wonder how he'd react to that. His son on the other hand, clearly, has no qualms about killing him. Truly, I wonder if which parent taught Alucard to make cold-blooded patricide sound so noble. And the Belmonts and their gear. All they are good for is whipping grieving old men and the mobs they gather. They're no good against a real army:
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; November 2nd, 2018 at 07:44 PM.

Cute Boy Who Likes To Show Off Nacho the Doritosedge's Avatar
    My series villain is cooler than yours,

Blog Entries
    “His son has no qualms killing him,” he says about the series whose last shot is said son breaking down and weeping about it

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    “His son has no qualms killing him,” he says about the series whose last shot is said son breaking down and weeping about it
    Afterwards. That's like pre-reset Shinji spending 5 minutes to decide to kill Kaworu or Anakin making a big speech about why it's wrong to kill Dooku before killing Dooku. Results are the same.
    Dracula wasn't even defending himself, and Alucard killed him anyway. Next, you'll be saying that Cao Cao crying at Yuan Shao's funeral was legitimate. Heck, Cao Cao crying over Yuan Shao was probably more sincere.

Also, killing 100s of people in a single night is basically just posturing. According to Teito Monogatari, Yasunori Kato killed over 100,000 people in 10 minutes because apparently he caused the Great Kanto Earthquake. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasunori_Katō If he really is a Japanese version of Dracula, I think he just out-Dracula'd Dracula. That being said, Kato is a manifestation of the darker half of Taira no Masakado. He is usually defeated by a champion blessed by Masakado's better half. It's basically if you fight Dracula in Harmony of Dissonance, playing as Soma.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; November 4th, 2018 at 10:16 AM.

That fight choreography was on point. I love how Trevor used those staff pieces as combat sticks and then treated the morning star like a meteor hammer that caused everything to blow-up. Sypha was nothing but perfect in how she used her magic, and Alucard was clearly the heavy-hitter.

I also found myself sympathizing with Hector more than I probably should.

But this and season 1 got me into the series. Gonna work on getting a copy of Order of Eccelsia and later on Bloodstained Ritual of the Night... eventually.
    Last edited by Twi; November 5th, 2018 at 09:43 PM.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twi View Post
    That fight choreography was on point. I love how Trevor used those staff pieces as combat sticks and then treated the morning star like a meteor hammer that caused everything to blow-up. Sypha was nothing but perfect in how she used her magic, and Alucard was clearly the heavy-hitter.

I also found myself sympathizing with Hector more than I probably should.

But this and season 1 got me into the series. Gonna work on getting a copy of Order of Eccelsia and later on Bloodstained Ritual of the Night... eventually.
    Isn't Bloodstained more a spiritual sequel by the same developer with little story to do with Castlevania? Also, the Netflix series confirmed my suspicions, but of course, Dracula was holding back the entire time, especially against Alucard.

Yes, a spiritual sequel. But considering that otherwise all we've gotten are pachinko machines, I'll take what I can get.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    We’re also getting a mobile game with beautiful graphics… and a motherfucking gatcha…
    Konami… if you have any corporate decency whatsoever, you’ll give Iga the rights to his glorious creation, and then effing die.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Castlevania >>> Overlord, fite me
    I join your cause. All of LLL’s points are actually valid, but… it was still a great show. I join your cause Bloble! I can’t wait to see how Curse of Darkness plays out with the current circumstances. I did kind of miss death. At least Godbrand was hilareous. And Carmilla goes from bitchy and conniving to abjectly terrifying in a matter of minutes. Best Carmilla I’ve seen in anything.

The big questions: How will Dracula take being resurrected. He did want to die by the end after all. And how will Sypha factor into the Curse of Darkness story… well actually considering Isaac’s origins, I highly doubt he has a smokin’ hot blonde sister, so either Julia’s someone completely different, or I could see Sypha replacing her. Carmilla’s castle might be a good set for an adventure.

Was anyone else fully expecting Trevor to pull an entire turkey, roasted to perfection in that chest behind the wall?
    Last edited by Draconic; November 11th, 2018 at 10:38 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Dracula being resurrected at this point would basically be like Orochi being resurrected in Warriors Orochi.

Those 2 and the Underking from the Elder Scrolls series would be all like "wah, wah, my eternal life sucks".

Eh, maybe they'll throw us a curve ball and make it so that Dracula who's resurrected is nothing more than his power and rage given form or something.

But it's been days and I'm still in love with these fights. Even the skirmish in Episode 2 has polish:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twi View Post
    Eh, maybe they'll throw us a curve ball and make it so that Dracula who's resurrected is nothing more than his power and rage given form or something.
    Kind of like Calamity Ganon from BOTW?

Yeah, that's one way. It was probably the only time I felt bad for Ganon.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Wind Waker. Your boat is the bad guy. Ganondorf’s wish would have saved Hyrule but instead, it’s king would sooner see it destroyed forever than let a melancholic, old former villain take the reins for maybe a century or two.

I had a lot of sympathy for Ganon in that game. He was old, he considered his actions in the Ocarina of Time era to be rash, uncivilized, and reflects on the fact that he started with a noble goal and how he let his desire to be in control corrupt his ambition.
    Last edited by Draconic; November 12th, 2018 at 12:45 AM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Wind Waker. Your boat is the bad guy. Ganondorf’s wish would have saved Hyrule but instead, it’s king would sooner see it destroyed forever than let a melancholic, old former villain take the reins for maybe a century or two.

I had a lot of sympathy for Ganon in that game. He was old, he considered his actions in the Ocarina of Time era to be rash, uncivilized, and reflects on the fact that he started with a noble goal and how he let his desire to be in control corrupt his ambition.
    I thought of that too, but didn't want to derail the thread. Yeah, Wind Waker's Ganondorf is doubtlessly the most sympathetic characterization of him in my eyes. Mainly because he actually has an understandable motivation for wanting to conquer Hyrule instead of vaguely defined ambition and lust for power like in most of the other games.