Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised if they made Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Inhumans, or at least descendants of them. After all, Marvel Studios has the rights to them and there have been talks of making a movie based around them. Plus, it would allow the Cinematic Universe to have Mutants, but are not technically the 'Mutants' Fox owns.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So have Magneto's kids be moon children? I'd rather them just say that they're the children of a superpowered terrorist, and leave it open fro if Marvel ever gets the X-men movie rights back.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The enemy may have a missile, but we have... Doc Havoc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Casting news (old news, actually, but hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet):

- Ultron will be voiced and (possibly) motion captured by James Spader.
    - Quicksilver will be played by Aaron Taylor Johnson.
    - Scarlet Witch will be Elizabeth Olsen's calling.

Also, it seems Ultron won't be Hank Pym's creation for this movie. It will be made from Iron Man armors instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    marines are just kawaii meidos trapped in crew-cut heads

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Havoc View Post
    - Quicksilver will be played by Aaron Taylor Johnson.
    Kick-Ass as Quicksilver? I just don't see it...

The enemy may have a missile, but we have... Doc Havoc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He will dye his hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    marines are just kawaii meidos trapped in crew-cut heads

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's not the hair, it's the schlub vibe he gives off. I just can't see him being the cocksure Quicksilver. He'll probably be great, Whedon does get good preformances out of his casts, just picturing it right now is difficult and hilarious.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I for one welcome our new Ultron overlord.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Havoc View Post
    Also, it seems Ultron won't be Hank Pym's creation for this movie. It will be made from Iron Man armors instead.
    I always wondered why someone whose gimmick is to decrease and increase size would want to create a super robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Kick-Ass as Quicksilver? I just don't see it...
    Dunno. I'm not an expert on quicksilver, but from a quick search in google image I'd say he can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    So have Magneto's kids be moon children? I'd rather them just say that they're the children of a superpowered terrorist, and leave it open fro if Marvel ever gets the X-men movie rights back.
    Well its a good way to give Metahumans a title that is not Mutants (Though most likely Inhumans will be Mutants in all but name). Plus, it will be a good way to set up for the future Inhumans movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I for one welcome our new Ultron overlord.
    Well, praising Ultron means we live a bit longer.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they made Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Inhumans, or at least descendants of them. After all, Marvel Studios has the rights to them and there have been talks of making a movie based around them. Plus, it would allow the Cinematic Universe to have Mutants, but are not technically the 'Mutants' Fox owns.
    You know there are other ways of saying "mutant" than just saying, "mutant."

Like, "Wanda and Peitro have a genetic anomaly that gives them their gifts."

Also, I think the Kick-Ass kid can pull it off- guy is surprisingly buff and was an underwear model. He was shlubbing it on purpose for the Kick-Ass movies.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Also, real life "speedsters" aren't particular muscular.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    You know there are other ways of saying "mutant" than just saying, "mutant."

Like, "Wanda and Peitro have a genetic anomaly that gives them their gifts."

Also, I think the Kick-Ass kid can pull it off- guy is surprisingly buff and was an underwear model. He was shlubbing it on purpose for the Kick-Ass movies.
    Yeah,but they would need something that would tie the Inhumans to the Cinematic-verse. And what better way to do that than with Wanda and Pietro? Would also help better explain Pietro's asshole-ness, since he could consider himself 'superior' to humans.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

Blog Entries
    Because natural superpowers aren't enough to consider yourself superior?
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Because natural superpowers aren't enough to consider yourself superior?
    At least now it can be considered a result of his culture.

If anything, it can be mentioned that they discovered through their DNA that the twins are Inhuman descendants if they have no idea about the Inhumans themselves
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Yes, but what if they manage to get the rights for "x-men" and "mutants"* in he future? There would be the problem that they're not Magneto's children anymore.

*wait, you can own the rights to the term "mutant"?

Yup. Fox got the rights to the X-Men and thus the term Mutant. Marvel only got the ability to use Quicksilver and Wanda because they were Avengers.

And yeah, that would be a problem but Fox has stated that they have no intention of giving up the X-Men anytime soon and are even trying to make their own cinematic universe by having the Fantastic Four reboot take place in the same world as X-Men. But that can easily be solved with an Avengers movie where the Space-Time continuum gets fucked up and things change... Kinda. Or perhaps have the X-Men just be a team of Inhuman descendants with Wolverine as an amnesiac but pure-blooded Inhuman
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You are making it too complicated. They will just say that they are mutants without using the word mutant, that's all.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

I'm saying that here 'Inhuman' will be the new Mutant... At least until the actual Inhumans show up.
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And then you have to explain the difference between Inhuman and the inhuman/mutant and the average movie goer will get confused/won't care and blah blah.

Just say, that they were born with their powers and bam done, you established they are mutants without saying the word.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    "Differently genome owners".