Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Regalia Questions Classroom

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vritra View Post
    Verg are Conceptual Weapons a lot stronger in their effects than Formal Wear?
    Depends.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How hard is it to procure property in OLYMPUS (for students)? Say in Demeter for example? Is it possible for PCs as they are at the moment?

What about workshops? Are they mainly on the various factional areas, or are they more peppered all over the city?
    Last edited by Mellon; August 28th, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since this got talked about in the chat...

What is the difference between Eye of the Mind (False) and Instinct? What would happen if you have both? (At higher levels of the skills)

Is there any difference between Vitrification and Presence Concealment at A rank? (Vitrification mentions "A mental protection that nullifies mental interference" in its description, but not sure if the skill does actually give you protection towards mental interference on top of invisibility mode.)

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Vitrification is weaker then prenence concealment, assuming the conversation we had way back on moonwhite is still accurate. In general, class skills are pound for pound, better then personal skills with a similar effect.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, EotM (F) is purely defensive while instincts boosts both offense and defense, so there is that.
    Last edited by Tobias; August 28th, 2013 at 07:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    That makes me wonder, though. If Class Skills are better, how exactly does Numb to Pain work? It seems like nothing so much as a watered down version of Battle Continuation or Honor of the Battered, since it doesn't actually keep a Servant alive longer the way BC does or boost combat ability like HotB, and provides protection against pain. Servants in general seem to be able to ignore pain for the most part anyway, barring things like the Verg Avesta NP. And I doubt there's a skill out there that can outright trump an NP, barring Benkei-wank in Apocrypha.

So, how does NtP actually work in game mechanics? Is it a Class Skill that's weaker than its Personal counterparts?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Is it possible to get AP/stuff when ending battles in a tie or losing but surviving?

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    How hard is it to procure property in OLYMPUS (for students)? Say in Demeter for example? Is it possible for PCs as they are at the moment?
    It is rather hard, since students are given the accommodations they "need" during their stay. If a student wants to acquire property, it is clear that she or he needs it for something other than necessity.

What about workshops? Are they mainly on the various factional areas, or are they more peppered all over the city?
    80% are focused on factional areas, but few stray ones are out there, too...

What is the difference between Eye of the Mind (False) and Instinct? What would happen if you have both? (At higher levels of the skills)

Is there any difference between Vitrification and Presence Concealment at A rank? (Vitrification mentions "A mental protection that nullifies mental interference" in its description, but not sure if the skill does actually give you protection towards mental interference on top of invisibility mode.)
    What toby said. Plus they have a huge lore difference, which is pretty much the same thing as difference between sorcery and runes.

That makes me wonder, though. If Class Skills are better, how exactly does Numb to Pain work? It seems like nothing so much as a watered down version of Battle Continuation or Honor of the Battered, since it doesn't actually keep a Servant alive longer the way BC does or boost combat ability like HotB, and provides protection against pain. Servants in general seem to be able to ignore pain for the most part anyway, barring things like the Verg Avesta NP. And I doubt there's a skill out there that can outright trump an NP, barring Benkei-wank in Apocrypha.

So, how does NtP actually work in game mechanics? Is it a Class Skill that's weaker than its Personal counterparts?
    Think of it like this. If Saber had NtP, she would have been able to use Excalibur after Diarmuid slashed her hand, or continue like it was nothing after being struck by Gae Bolg.

Is it possible to get AP/stuff when ending battles in a tie or losing but surviving?
    It is, during special circumstances.

Blog Entries
    What are the specific benefits of a Workshop? Do the bonuses work on non-magi?

Can I forge gods with God Forge A?

Serious question: Does Kagura have someone close in OLYMPUS? A friend or someone who cares about her (etc)?
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    Statue-chan desu
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

All my money
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)

Blog Entries
    Kagura x Shrine OTP

quotes

Blog Entries
    (It's platonic) statue-chan actually wingmans for kagura when she goes clubbing on weekends

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    What are the specific benefits of a Workshop? Do the bonuses work on non-magi?
    Ability/Spell research time is cut down tremendously.

Serious question: Does Kagura have someone close in OLYMPUS? A friend or someone who cares about her (etc)?
    As a matter of fact... there is.

You might have already seen that person in the background.

Any other spellcasting Fujou (or in absence, Asakami/Ryougi) around?

Blog Entries
    Can spellcasters whose factions don't have workshops rent workshops from other factions?

quotes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    Any other spellcasting Fujou (or in absence, Asakami/Ryougi) around?
    Perhaps, with right Perks and backstory...

Can spellcasters whose factions don't have workshops rent workshops from other factions?
    From some factions.

Blog Entries
    IIRC one of the expansion factions rents workshops out for equivalent exchange. Though if you are comfortable with someone else having a Skelaton key for for your workshop...

Rent workshop from yandere

Blog Entries
    How much do non-spellcasters gain from a workshop anyway? Its not like a workshop will allow you to unlock the next tier of your demon blood or whatnot.

Or can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    IIRC one of the expansion factions rents workshops out for equivalent exchange. Though if you are comfortable with someone else having a Skelaton key for for your workshop...
    Unless you can make your own workshop, someone will have a key for it anyway. Whether it be your Dorm Head or anyone else you got it from. I guess you can add your own magical protections to stop that from happening (I doubt the door is the main thing stopping someone from barging into your workshop).

With Servants around, its not that likely to be secure anyway.
    Last edited by Mellon; August 29th, 2013 at 02:28 PM.