Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113118121122123
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2460

Thread: Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier : Discussion and Video Walkthrough

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Final phase of the battle against Loge begins here; I know it's very long, but that's ultimately what needed to happen since I decided to 'cheat' the system and create a heavily edited video in order to show as many instances of attacks and combos as I could. I'll explain more about that in the spoiler below.

spoiler - quick overview of the battle flow system
    The first two parts are going to be heavily edited due to the nature of the battle. When you normally play through this part of the battle - as I do for the first two rounds (three if you could the solo Warrior's initial ability usage) - than there's a grand total of eight (or again, nine) rounds of actions you get to control.

The goal of this entire phase is to get to the end (naturally) but in as efficient a way as possible. You get to choose two characters each round, with more added to the pool before the start of the next round. If you don't select a good combination of characters, or pick a poor combination of techniques, then Loge can (and will) counter in one of three ways. Getting Akashic Record is ironically the best of the three to run into as it just negates the attack. Midgard Wolf or Forbes Blutgang however will remove the two characters you chose to attack for the next two or three rounds. Definitely want to avoid that at all costs, so keep multiple save files ready.

As for what this video is heavily edited? Well, I couldn't complete this series without showing off (almost) every effective combination in the list, now could I? There are also 'hidden' or 'locked' skills for some characters that can only be accessed by using one of their abilities a certain number of times. Some of these characters and their skills can be easily guessed, some are a little more difficult.

For these characters that have certain hidden/locked skills you’ll see some repetition in the attacks that chosen, but it is what is needed to unlock those skills for use. When you use a certain skill enough times it will unlock that 'locked' skill to be used; most are solo ones where it’s just the character who uses it independently and often brings the round to an end, but some are needed in order to unlock more combo attacks.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Part 2 of this section VS Loge is now up; it's a continuation of what was occurring last time, so my apologizes if you're getting tired of the massive attack - AR block - repeat, but I did it intentionally. I promise the next part won't have any more of that; the 'rounds' of beating up on Loge are finished with this.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Releasing two videos here today. Fair warning, they are both identical until just before the 13:00 mark (specifically 12:57/12:58) because I didn't feel there was a relatively good point to split the Endings at earlier considering that I stopped the showcase VS Loge where I did. It's not exactly the best design and I apologize for it, but that's just how it is this time.

As for how each Ending is obtained, it's entirely dependent on how you perform in the previous phase and who you choose in the attack sections to stall Loge. If you essentially just pick whomever and get very few or no combo attacks to damage Loge, you get the Normal Ending. If you're consistently choosing characters to create combo attacks, you'll end up with the True Ending and the Epilogue that comes shortly after the Credits roll.

With that said, you can expect the Epilogue fairly soon, and it will be the video that closes out this walkthrough.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    And here we are with the final vid in the Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo playthrough with subtitles. I hope everyone enjoys the Epilogue.

With that all said, it's been a hell of a ride. When I played Fortissimo//Akkord:Bsusvier EXA way back in the early part 2011, I never thought that I would have gotten to this point a little over 6 years later. A good portion of my mid-20s have been spent with these characters and setting, and while I'm not exactly sure what that says about me as a person, I've always lived by a motto of never regretting what I've done and that everything happens for a reason, and thus, I am glad that I took the initiative to actually start the subtitle project all those years ago.

My work admittedly is quite poor, as those who actually do translation work or can read both English and Japanese fluently will surely attest. Especially the early work I did on the PC that I had when I initially started that died just before I got to the end of EXA. I feel that my work has come a long way since then, but I don't know if I'll ever go back and do a more 'proper' subbing of EXA (or the Sakura route for the EXS and FA versions) simply because it would mean that I would likely have to redo all of the scenes and not just the subtitles as the timing would be off for a good portion of them.

It's been over 2 years since Kadenz Fermata released on the PS Vita, and even with the re-released port onto PC I haven't seen any news of Lacryma working on another Fortissimo game so I don't know if there will be another one after this point. However, I can say one thing - If another one does come out eventually, I don't believe that I'll be working on it as I've done for the other releases. After 6 years of on again, off again work on it I'm simply burned out. I'll definitely play another game if it's made, but that is all. I won't say that me working on another Fortissimo game (or any VN for that matter) will never happen, but I definitely don't see myself doing so.

In closing, I would like to thank Yoxall for all of the amazing work he's done here in the past month to help me tinker with the script for everything in the entire encounter against Loge in all phases, as well as the Epilogue. Also, a special thank you to Elf for stickying the thread for me in the A/G/M/D sub-forum so long ago, and to the current mod/admin team who has kept it up there even during the months/years of inactivity because there was nothing to work on. I've only ever posted a thread for a project here on Beast's Lair, a forum primarily for all things Type-Moon, and I admit I've fallen off of the wagon in terms of TM consumption for the majority of the time that I worked on this project. I look forward to getting back into things and experiencing new things here on this forum.

Lastly, I thank everyone who has stopped in and spent time following the thread and all of various playthroughs. Feedback from those in the thread and in the video comments have been what kept this project going until I was finally able to conclude it here, so while it may be corny I literally would not have gotten this far without all of you that followed along.

~Kratosirving

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Thank you for all you have done, Kratos

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Congrats on finally getting to the finish, Kratos!

Feels like an end of an era, in a way.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    It certainly feels that way after 6 years. XD

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Somewhat of a necro, but I always love finding an excuse to post this.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

tagged for huge size, also a bit NSFW

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries

So, about half of the Kadenz/Fermata and several of earlier Fortissimo EXS and EXA videos got hit with the 'Not suitable for most advertisers' label that one of YouTube's algorithms likes to find. Will agree that some of them could warrant it, but that would be about 5-10 of the total ones that were flagged. All of the rest of them have no violence/sexual innuendo or content or any other problematic issue that should trigger that label on the video, meaning that many of the videos that were hit were false positives and most likely hit just being in association with some of the videos that did warrant the label.

Since many of my videos have not hit even a 1,000 total views let alone 1k in a week and I do not have over 10k subscribers, I guess those videos will stay limited or ad-free until the end of time. Fucking hate YouTube right now. No support for small channels whatsoever affected by this bullshit.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Well, I didn't expect to be giving an update to this thread again tbh, but it appears Fortissimo FA is getting onto Steam next month.

...Although, SakuraGame is the one publishing it to Steam for a Chinese sub, so this is also somewhat of a mixed bag to me. :|

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...Fortissimo_FA/
    Last edited by Kratosirving; May 14th, 2018 at 02:08 AM.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    CHINA CHINA CHINA
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Creator-Class Irregular Mahoutsukai Yoxall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep, it's official. Fucking SakuraGame is handling the English 'translations' as well. Why are we still here...just to suffer...

https://twitter.com/SakuraGame_EN/st...73797322428416

Blog Entries
    At this point all I want is for this English TL to be better than what I did with the subs for all these years. Although with SakuraGame, that might be asking too much. Guess we'll see, most likely end of 2018 or early 2019?

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Creator-Class Irregular Mahoutsukai Yoxall's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I HIGHLY doubt it will be better than your edited MTL script Kratos. For one, English is not their main language so expect no flowery translations like what you did for the latter parts of Fortissimo and Kadenz. And also, they referred to their previous work here as their standard for what a "good" English translation looks like. Obviously to us, all the screenshots this person posted in the link looks like an average shit English MTL, but not for them. And the worst thing is they won't even listen to their customers to go back and edit all the typos and leave the translations as is after release. They don't give a crap about typos, tense mistakes, word choice, etc.

tl;dr La'cryma made the worst choice in their lives and have sealed any chance of any other proper English translation unless they retract whatever contract they had with SakuraGame.

Blog Entries
    Release date for the English version of the SakuraGame TL is July 27th. So, a couple weeks away from seeing what butchery will be involved. :|

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Inactive
    US Friend Code
    mimenXD
    Got delayed for a week, still don't hold any hopes for the TL

Blog Entries
    Delayed 2 more weeks to Aug. 17th. :|

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Well it is finally out. And a few lines it, and it's already as poor as many expected with Loge's Flame being bastardized. Kind of sad for the first term that needs to be TL'd correctly for continuity across the first Fort game and Kadenz.

I'm already starting to die on the inside...

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

Inactive
    US Friend Code
    mimenXD
    kek, even seeing the description gave me a headache. No wonder why this is priced at $2 currently

This might be necro-ing the thread, but to everyone:

Currently i am starting a project that will make an official English patch for Fortissimo that will use Kratosirving's translation as main base but still still edit the whole thing. People deserved a proper English translation, not from the shitty Sakura Game. So i will give it to everyone.

Not only in-game's translation, but i will also translate the Glossary and character's information, from Normal Side to Battle Side. Next year will be a busy one for me, so stay tuned. Have a nice day.