Thread: Fate/Regalia: Timeskip Summonings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liu Long Mei
    Time: 23:57 - Night
    Day: April 13th
    Turn: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post

"OTheRs... OHtErsSOtHeRsoTHERsOThErS! MaGGOts! InCOnSeQUENTiAL loW-BreEDS! FOr mySELf, thE ONLy sOul imPOrtAnt... iS my OWn!"
    Again, my monstrous reflection threw my words back at me.

It couldn't have been more than a few minutes, but the fight definitely started to wear on me. I need to think of something quick or else-

!

Too heavy!

I fell to my knees as a sudden crushing weight came bearing down on my shoulders. All the bones in my body strained to resist this new unnatural burden. If it weren't for the thick, enveloping cloud of prana wrapping around my body like a buffer, I surely would have suffered some crippling injuries, if not worse. But I needed to act fast, each moment pushed my body closer and closer to its limits. Even my disciplined breathing was strained under this drastic change in gravity. The strange heaviness and the appearance of a purplish light were all I needed to enact my countermeasure.

"T-Two can play at that game!"

"To the pure earth clings a hidden fragrance.
    The Jade Rope wheels round and is cut.
    "

The raging currents of prana around my body suddenly turned to a dark indigo shade as my spell took effect. I sprang back to my feet and shrugged my shoulders, feeling the burden being lifted by my gravity-cancelling spell. However, I wasn't out of the frying pan just yet. My feral counterpart was preparing another attack. One even greater than the last. Techni-colored prana surged through my body in harmony with my thoughts.

And yet, I hesitated. Even when I resolved to face the next challenge, something didn't feel right. It was that same haunting, chilling sensation I had when I first entered the city, only stronger. Every time my reflection spoke, that feeling grew. What does this mean? Is there something more to this than mere conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post

"AS tO whAt CoMEs to yOUr nAiVe cLaimE... a bRoTHER? Was THEre somEThinG liKe ThaT? If theRE wAs... HIS FOrgIVENeSS wAS aSHes iN tHE wInd! I neeD No suCh tHIng fRoM piTIfuL noBoDIEs sUCh As hIM! ThE ONly onE thaT maTTeRS is... ME! ... onLY... ME!"

"...Was that it?"

I froze in place with a realization. The monster was gone. In its place was the same sad little girl who greeted me in that mirror-like crystal. She truly was suffering. That girl was filled with hate, bitterness, and pain. She knew nothing but suffering because I willed it, because I wouldn't let go. No one held a greater grudge against me than myself.

"If it's only me, then I shall be the one to release you from your suffering." I said through clenched teeth. "I don't know if I can truly find absolution, but I'll never find out if I stay like this."

My breathing stuttered for a moment. A slight, yet piercing pain drew my attention downwards. I had my fists balled so tightly that my nails drew blood.

"It's hard letting go, y'know. After all the things I've done, I thought I was an irredeemable mess. You should know how much I longed for death, for a release from my crime." I said as I slowly relaxed all the tense muscles in my body. "But I think it's time to move on. We honor our dead by carrying on with good deeds, not by wallowing in the past. You don't have to go through this pain anymore. As long as we...as I can move on, I'll let this go. I forgive you."

There was no more tension in my body. This petty anger won't hold me back any longer.

Wise Up!
    Name: Liu Long Mei

STR:
    E
    END:
    D -> A
    AGI:
    C -> A
    CAS: A

PRA:
    A
    Sorcery Trait: Spiritual Dexterity, False Dragon's BloodThis manifests as unique skills with one's Inner Channels. However, this trait borders on Innate Ability as it tends to vary depending on the user. In the Siu Han Family, this diverse trait ranged from powerful Mystic/Pure Eyes to malleable Magic Circuits that could store unprecedented amounts of prana.

For Mei, this trait manifests in the manipulation and output of her Circuits. She is able to fire jets of destructive prana, mana, or Od from her body depending on her output. These range from breathing hot prana to jet-propelled strikes to firing prana blasts from her limbs. Observers may see these jets as strangely colored lights or Qi, leading to some to say that she “punches fireworks, kicks rainbows, and breaths sunshine and happiness.” Eastern observers have taken to naming this specific Trait as “False Dragon's Blood” after the “Noble Blood” Circuits of the ruling families.

Art of Earthly Liberation. Rank- B – A rather tricky, but interesting spell developed by the Siu Han's ancestors in the Shu Han Court. It severs the planet's pull on a given target, meaning that the affected target will float and tumble about as if he/she were in the vacuum of outer space. This spell lasts for 15 turns.
    Last edited by DB-L; August 24th, 2014 at 07:31 AM.