Page 23 of 167 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/EXTRA CCC Fox Tail

Legally-obtained raws are still raws.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desu_Cake View Post
    I just bought and ripped the kindle versions as they came out. I thought more people would've done that.
    I don't know what people are talking about because the ripped kindle versions were uploaded online pretty much as soon as they came out, too, I assume, obviously I would never look for and download something like that and haven't had them on my hard drive for a while now.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desu_Cake View Post
    Wait, you mean you seriously couldn't find the raws up until now?
    I'm kinda new to the whole scanilator/translator/editor thing, so I'm not very good at sourcing things yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Hi there,
    I am somewhat beginner in terms of Nasuverse and upon checking foxtail, King Protea interested me.

People tend to say her intellect decreases as she gets bigger. But she can declare a statement about herself true, such as "I do not age". Can't she use that to maintain her intellect when big?

also, does she just keep growing or she can freely Change her size?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasahiro View Post
    Hi there,
    I am somewhat beginner in terms of Nasuverse and upon checking foxtail, King Protea interested me.

People tend to say her intellect decreases as she gets bigger. But she can declare a statement about herself true, such as "I do not age". Can't she use that to maintain her intellect when big?

also, does she just keep growing or she can freely Change her size?
    Quote Originally Posted by extra materials
    Kingprotea [Alter Ego] P176-178
    Kingprotea is one of the Sakura Five that didn’t happen.
    She’s the Alter Ego of craving and desire.
    On one hand she is the lowest ranked of the Sakura Five, but on the other hand she has the strongest presence within SE.RA.PH.
    This Sakura has the id_es skill “Huge Scale.”
    She was to come and interfere with players who spend a long time in the labyrinth. She destroys paths as she moves along, so she would prevent players from repeating the same actions or grinding the same area. She’s an adorably foolish character who destroys parts of the dungeon when she trips and falls.
    In areas outside of the Arena she was to be a rare epic encounter. A wondrous colossal colossus, just like the massive warship that comes along in Darius (TL NOTE: an old arcade game).
    Rather than being a character designed to liven up the story, she would be a character to liven up our game design.
    For example, within the Arena, she would be evoke situations like “I can see an item folder ahead, but there is a huge hand blocking the way,” or “I see a transparent box-thingy over there with Sakura stuffed inside, I can’t get through.” We were thinking of using her as a “living wall” type gimmick where after eventually defeating her you would be able to get at those item folders.

She was set to be a slave tier character who is constantly bullied and abused by attack programs on the far side of the Moon.
    “You know what’s even more worthless than those lowly mass produced Sakura enemies? Your Master!” Kingprotea Sakura was to be the materialization of the mentality resulting from this bullying.
    Isn’t it just terrible that Sakura is being bullied even in her own mind!?
    Actually, she just barely missed the cut as a boss character.
    Since she was not being involved in the story we were planning to make her into a hidden boss, but unfortunately she was cut.
    Here are some bits and pieces that were planned for her in the game:

Waste:
    Kingprotea is an Alter Ego created from BB, however she is considered too dangerous to reside anywhere on the Moon, so she is disposed of into a place with “nothing,” in short, the emptiness of outer space.
    This Alter Ego should never come into contact with anything.
    She is the materialization of the desire for love.
    She gobbles up anything and everything around her and grows bigger and bigger, which results in her having a bigger stomach that requires even more food. She engages in a malicious cycle of consumption and growth which represents the human ego itself. Passionlip and Melt Lilith are her sisters, but it’s unknown if they are on good terms or not.

Fallen Angel’s Cage
    She is a baby with a bottomless stomach, basically a giant hole. A cage is built to contain the Kingprotea who blindly desires love. Just like the cavity in the middle of the Moon and Seraph’s Cage it is a physical container made using photonic crystals.
    BB, who realized the danger Kingprotea posed, seals her in the Fallen Angel’s Cage. Although BB sealed Kingprotea inside, nobody knows how massive Kingprotea might have become.

Huge Scale : EX
    An id_es skill. id_es skills are the inborn special powers of the Alter Egos.
    Her “Self Remodeling” cheat skill goes out of control and activates Huge Scale EX.
    It enables unlimited expansion of her size and scale.
    Due to limitations imposed by the force of gravity on Earth, life forms have an upper limit on their size. Even in the sea, the size of a whale is more of less as big as it can get. The same goes for buildings, due to limitations of construction technology and financing; there is nothing that can be infinitely enlarged. This also holds true in the cyber world where the laws of physics don’t apply.
    All programs have a limit on their level, and no matter how greatly a program excels, in order to surpass its boundary it must separate and optimize itself.
    (As a rule, when a program gets bigger the speed of communication with the hardware terminal drops, so a program needs to be split into various specialized parts. So called God-spirits are an example of this, having successfully split up their processes into multiple avatars.)
    However, the owner of this skill, Kingprotea, can grow without end. When her level exceeds the limit, she expands the boundary herself and sets an even higher max limit. This can be repeated infinitely.
    Kingprotea has no desire to complicate things, it’s just that she has specialized to “swallow” therefore she is unable separate from her ability to enlarge which is vital to her specialization.
    The result is that she is unable to create a body (an avatar) that is of normal size and limitation, and as a lone Ego she is destined to continue to enlarge.
    If left alone, she will end up becoming a disaster on a universe scale that would destroy the stars, however she would not destroy the universe itself. This is because the speed at which the universe is expanding is faster than the speed at which Kingprotea is enlarging.

Grow up Grow! : EX
    This is her cheat skill “XP Bonus” gone out of control.
    “XP Bonus” is supposed to increase the amount of XP gained from battle by a certain percent, but Kingprotea further hacked the skill so that she receives a continuous stream of XP. Although this skill seems rather threatening, there is an upper level limit set for all programs.
    Anyone who obtains this skill can effortlessly achieve the highest level in the game; however it only increases the target’s level, and does not improve their stats.
    If you compare a character who achieved max level through fair play to a character who used this cheat skill to achieve max level, the cheater character’s stats will be far lower. This is, in other words, a so called “trap skill.”

Babyfication
    The opposite of aging.
    BB created this cursed skill with much difficulty in order to impose some restrictions on Kingprotea.
    Once Kingprotea’s age has surpassed a predefined value this curse restores her to the state she was in at a younger age. It’s a protective process that prevents her from ever reaching an adult age. This curse starts to take effect when Kingprotea reaches age 12, and over time restores her back to her 8 year old state. When returned to the age of 8 her growth resumes again, so this cycle is a repeating loop.

Setting:
    The limit of craving and desire:
    Because it’s fun, because it tastes good, because it’s warm.
    Through these kinds of animalistic impulses she pursues love without a reason for doing so— This is Kingprotea’s Ego “Craving and Desire.”
    The incarnation of a certain bodhisattva once said “Even without a goal, for yourself, fill the universe with love.” but this Ego follows “Without reason, for myself, crave the love found in the universe.”
    Originally no one was supposed to find her, to understand her, to defeat her. She would simply be floating along in the void of space. Then eventually a curious Master would come across her, and they would do battle.
    Is Kingprotea just a pure infant? An abominable disaster? Has she sinned? In any case, those of us who live in this age of mass consumption have no right to judge her.
    The proof of humanity that everyone has.
    The strongest and most fundamental Ego. But until the day comes when her “desire without limit” can be used for good rather than evil, she is destined to continue floating in the empty sky.

By the way, her natural enemy is Passionlip. In theory Lip’s “Trash and Crash” skill makes it possible to seal Kingprotea away. The Alter Ego sisters seem to enjoy a triangular power relationship where Lip beats Protea, Protea beats Melt, and Melt beats Lip.

Noble Phantasms:
    None. Huge Scale essentially qualifies as a Noble Phantasm.
    might be stuff translated weirdly.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Not sure if spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Not sure if spoilers
    king protea's stat sheet with this info is already in fox tail.
    this is just adding on proposed stuff for CCC that never happened.
    either way the entire extra materials is already translated.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    It is? Where is that?
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It is? Where is that?
    Here.

Blog Entries
    ...you know, I don't think I have ever seen this before.

Feast your eyes then, Fujimura-sensei has a dictionary entry all of her own which I think you'll like...

More in-topic the other Alter egos that didn't make the cut have entries there as well for those interested, so it's worth checking out.
    Last edited by Rockxas; October 4th, 2015 at 02:53 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockxas View Post
    Oh, this is cool.

So the Aestus Domus Aureus basically materializes the building in the real world instead of overwriting one world with another, huh? that sure makes more sense than "its kinda like an RM but not".

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Oh, this is cool.

So the Aestus Domus Aureus basically materializes the building in the real world instead of overwriting one world with another, huh? that sure makes more sense than "its kinda like an RM but not".
    Yeah it seems to be the same kinda of thing as 'fight me IRL'. I wonder if the RM type thing that Medea could supposedly do is the same type as well.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
    Yeah it seems to be the same kinda of thing as 'fight me IRL'. I wonder if the RM type thing that Medea could supposedly do is the same type as well.
    Spoiler:
    she makes disneyland but jason

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it seems to be the same kinda of thing as 'fight me IRL'.
    It's explicitly the same thing as the thunderdome.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, "everything in there is advantageous to Nero" is still really vague, but at least not as vague as "a space where her imperial ambitions can be realized"

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Spoiler:
    she makes disneyland but jason
    Is that from FGO?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    yes.

Oh, so it's not that King Protea loses intelligence. It's just that she is 8-12 years old. I assume it also reduces her to the size she was at 8 years old... And if she lacked it, she would outgrow planets. Huh

i admit, I only know snippets of fate/stay night and I beat two main routes of Tsukihime.

Is there no way to affect the Alter Egos further, so as to put more limitations or such on them, or take said limitations off? Or even make it so that KingProtea concerns herself with more complex stuff? Or is it the "impossible to change within limitations of verse" stuff?

My luck. Finds a giantess waifu, she will forever be too young

as for the suggestion and such, I was referring to this thing I found in wiki:

■ Self-Suggestion - EX
    Suggestion applied to oneself.
    A skill that raises resistance against mental interference. At A rank "I do not age = Truly stops aging" level of assumption is possible. At EX level, whatever is going on in that mental world is outside of understanding.

how does she use THIS?
    Last edited by Yasahiro; October 4th, 2015 at 03:36 PM.

JP Friend Code
    So her info was translated? Where is it in the FGO lore thread?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So her info was translated? Where is it in the FGO lore thread?
    her interlude. that was datamined. no interlude is completely translated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yasahiro View Post
    Oh, so it's not that King Protea loses intelligence. It's just that she is 8-12 years old. I assume it also reduces her to the size she was at 8 years old... And if she lacked it, she would outgrow planets. Huh

i admit, I only know snippets of fate/stay night and I beat two main routes of Tsukihime.

Is there no way to affect the Alter Egos further, so as to put more limitations or such on them, or take said limitations off? Or even make it so that KingProtea concerns herself with more complex stuff? Or is it the "impossible to change within limitations of verse" stuff?

My luck. Finds a giantess waifu, she will forever be too young

as for the suggestion and such, I was referring to this thing I found in wiki:

■ Self-Suggestion - EX
    Suggestion applied to oneself.
    A skill that raises resistance against mental interference. At A rank "I do not age = Truly stops aging" level of assumption is possible. At EX level, whatever is going on in that mental world is outside of understanding.

how does she use THIS?
    i'm sorry but king protea isn't something you can cram your dreams into. ironically enough.