Page 51 of 167 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3331

Thread: Fate/EXTRA CCC Fox Tail

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's really up to you. I don't know what I'd use instead, but it goes against my translation philosophy of translating for the lowest common denominator as much as possible to leave it as JK.
    Yeah, I can see the logic in that. As for me, I don't put much stock in my ability in coming up with good English versions of Japanese nicknames and slang, so I usually keep it in the original form when it's something simple like "JK".
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

When push comes to shove, I ask myself "what would the Persona 4 people do?"

And if one day I can't come up with an answer, I'll just ask mewarmo.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    When push comes to shove, I ask myself "what would the Persona 4 people do?"

And if one day I can't come up with an answer, I'll just ask mewarmo.
    Truly, wiser words were never spoken.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I think the only girl she was being nice to is Mashu.
    and she doesn't even like her nickname
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Tamamo "killed many humans"? Didn't she just curse an emperor or something? And I believe there was some kind of meme/head-canon on this site stating that that "curse" was just her kicking him in the groin after seeing him for another of his concubines or something. Oh, they must mean those soldiers sent to kill her. Whatever. Killing enemy soldiers is not really murder or anything. Those soldiers only have their own weakness (for not completing their mission) or their own stupidity (for taking on what is basically a suicide mission) to blame, anyway. After all, soldiers have only 2 jobs. To kill or be killed. It was the latter for them.

Oh they must've had so much say in the matter.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    It's a matter of how her legend is interpreted by others, I think. We know from her lore in Extra that she acted mostly in self-defense, but that doesn't change the fact that humans feared and hated her as a powerful monster that deceived the emperor and killed many of his soldiers before dying. It's like how Medusa was called a monster even though she started out just protecting her sisters. Anti-heroes like her are victims that are made out to be the villain.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LoliVampLover View Post
    Tamamo "killed many humans"? Didn't she just curse an emperor or something? And I believe there was some kind of meme/head-canon on this site stating that that "curse" was just her kicking him in the groin after seeing him for another of his concubines or something. Oh, they must mean those soldiers sent to kill her. Whatever. Killing enemy soldiers is not really murder or anything. Those soldiers only have their own weakness (for not completing their mission) or their own stupidity (for taking on what is basically a suicide mission) to blame, anyway. After all, soldiers have only 2 jobs. To kill or be killed. It was the latter for them.
    She destroyed many countries before coming back to Japan to get EXPOSED. The statement is accurate. Amaterasu pretty much revealed that nasty past she forgot in the game.

The part when she killed the soldiers in Japan is self-defense tho.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; September 19th, 2016 at 08:38 AM.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    True, but to be fair, I think Suzuka seemed like she was specifying that her legend as "Tamamo no Mae" specifically, the way she emphasized "at the end of her life".

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    She destroyed many countries before coming back to Japan to get EXPOSED. The statement is accurate. Amaterasu pretty much revealed that nasty past she forgot in the game.

The part when she killed the soldiers in Japan is self-defense tho.
    There is debate about whether or not Da Ji and Tamamo are the same fox or not, but in this lore, like with Siegfried and Sigurd, they are 2 separate characters, right?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by EDreamer View Post
    True, but to be fair, I think Suzuka seemed like she was specifying that her legend as "Tamamo no Mae" specifically, the way she emphasized "at the end of her life".
    Yea it all comes down to this:

???: アレは神の分け御魂であるが、 人に裏切られ、邪悪に変成し、多くの人命、 多くの国を滅ぼしてきた害悪じゃ。貴様の前ではたまたま善性を保っておるが、 本性は手に負えぬ大化生。 貴様が想うに値せぬ悪霊よ。……そうじゃな、食らう前に訊いておこう。貴様はなぜアレを信じた? もとより 人間 ではないもの、貴様ら人間から見れば、 罪深い悪鬼であろう?

And this:

???: だが聞け。 善と悪。法と無法。 強者と弱者。加害者と被害者。そのような理由に妾は関与せぬ。 妾はただそこにあるだけの人類悪。 神とはそこにあるだけの時勢、現象じゃ。

...I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoliVampLover View Post
    There is debate about whether or not Da Ji and Tamamo are the same fox or not, but in this lore, like with Siegfried and Sigurd, they are 2 separate characters, right?
    Daji is 金毛白面 (Kinmou Hakumen)
    Amaterasu is 金色白面 (Konjiki Hakumen)
    Humanity used Confusion! Li Shuwen is confused!

Now we just need to throw ハクメン from BlazBlue into this and we'll have a 3-way Hakumen badass versus.

As expected of a knight of the Round Table, Gawain never misses a chance to sample as much peril as he can.
    !すでのな

JP Friend Code
    Some other mistakes in chapter 21 typesetting:

Spoiler:
    Top left still has the black textbox in JP

Spoiler:
    I forgot if there are any lines in the raws but bottom right panel in this page has no text

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Ah, regarding the first one, it's from a flashback and doesn't say anything important that the other speech bubbles don't already talk about, so I didn't translate it.

The second one, the bubbles at the bottom there were indeed blank from the beginning.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I never ever expected that
    Spoiler:
    the girls would decide to go peeking in on the boys.

I have never seen that happen before.

Maybe it's just 'cause I don't read a lot of ecchi, but still...
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    All right, here's the next chapter, which finally returns to serious matters (kinda). You know, after reading this chapter, I really wonder who the true heroine here will be, Caster or Sakura. The story is tripping both of their route flags perfectly, so I can't tell at all. And it's probably going to continue like this till the end of the manga... (God, this is going to be torture.)

Also, to make things clear regarding Saber's swords, their names are separate from the Noble Phantasms they activate. (I explained their names just in case, but they're more abstract than symbolic of anything.) As for the Noble Phantasms, since they're Japanese in origin, I just put their original spelling with the translation in TL Notes, but if a lot of people prefer using the English names instead, please speak up and we'll have them like that in the typeset instead.

Foxtail Vol 4 Chapter 21
    Page 1:
    Kazuhito: Ugh… // I can’t breathe… // Haa
    Saber: A nightmare? // Are you all right, Kazu-kun? // Ah, good morning♥
    Text (sound effect): Swish // Swish
    Kazuhito: …Hey, what are you doing?
    Saber: Eh? Just my usual filming of your sleeping face for my personal collection, you know?

Page 2:
    Text: Deleted
    Text (sound effect): Beep
    Saber: Nooooooo! Don’t delete my entire Kazu-kun collection! // Have mercy, please!!
    Kazuhito: When did you film all this…? Just what do you use it for? // And don’t call me Kazu-kun, Saber.
    Text (sound effect): Beep // Beep
    Saber: I’d send you all kinds of photos of me in exchange if you’d just give me your email address, you know?
    Kazuhito: Y-You don’t have to do anything unnecessary like that.
    Saber: Could it be that you just remembered // my naked body from yesterday? Huh?
    Kazuhito: I-I didn’t see anything. // Get off me, Saber.

Page 3:
    Saber: Ah, you can’t remember that fox’s naked body, okay?
    Kazuhito: Stop…I didn’t see Caster.
    Saber: The way you say it, it seems you really did see me back then! It’s a bit embarrassing, but I’m all right if Kazu-kun’s the one who sees me!
    Kazuhito: … // Give it a rest already, Saber.
    Saber: ! // Umm…about you calling me “Saber”…
    Kazuhito: …What?
    Saber: The fox and the others figured out my true name. // That means there’s no need to hide it anymore, right? // So you can call me “Suzuka” without reservation from now on!
    Kazuhito: — // It’s due to my mistake that your true name was revealed, and it’s still within expectations anyway. // It’s not your fault, // Saber.
    Saber: That’s not what I’m talking about!

Page 4:
    Saber: Kazu-kun. // Umm…did you enjoy…the hot spring?
    Kazuhito: … // How stupid.
    Saber: …
    Kazuhito: Why are you and Kishinami // so interested in such pointless things?
    Saber: Kishinami?
    Kazuhito: It seems they’re calling themselves the student council and are planning to beat us while acting like students. // They’re really making light of us.
    Saber: Hey, // how about we make our own student council?
    Kazuhito: What’s with that leap in logic?

Page 5:
    Kazuhito: In the first place, do you even understand what a student council is?
    Saber: Isn’t it fine? // What matters is that it’s fun. // That’s right. Kazu-kun, look outside. // I wanted to play and have fun with you, so I made it like this.
    Kazuhito: Wha… // What are you thinking, you stupid Servant!?

Page 6:
    Chapter 21: Ninth Floor

Page 7:
    Kishinami: So heavy.
    Caster: That’s terrible, Master! // Even if you’ve fallen down to hell, saying “heavy” to a woman is an indisputable crime!
    Text (sound effect): Bang

Page 8:
    Caster: Mikon! Master hit me! // But I wore clothes this time!
    Hakuno: You really never learn your lesson, you fox! Like I keep saying, why do you keep slipping into my bed!?
    Caster: Eh…Obviously, it’s in order to have you embrace me lovingly, even if it’s just in my dreams— // To be exact, a Holy Pure Intentions War! // It might be a bit forceful, but my feelings are clean and pure! Yeah, I have no ulterior motives at…Oh? // Did you stop using that speech text?
    Hakuno: —I realized the disadvantages of using a power I can’t control…
    Caster: I’ve already saved a backup folder of your words yesterday in my mind, though.
    Hakuno: Please spare me that, I beg you… // Hmm? // Caster, what’s with those clothes?
    Caster: Fufufu. // Do you like them? // I found out Fujimura-san // is now selling casual clothes at the school store!

Page 9:
    Caster: Don’t you think this kind of outfit is nice every once in a while, Master?
    Hakuno: Ugh.
    Hakuno (thought): This is— // without a doubt, cute.
    Caster: Oh? // Oooooh? // I was worried these clothes were a bit too plain and wouldn’t catch your fancy, but… // Hmmm. // I see, I see.
    Hakuno: Wh… // What?

Page 10:
    Caster: I can tell even if you try to hide it. // You like this sort of ordinary appearance, don’t you, Master?
    Hakuno: O— // Of course not.
    Caster: —Hey, Master. When we stand together like this— // Don’t we look like a typical lovey-dovey couple?
    Hakuno: …No, wait a minute. // The “lovey-dovey” part is unnecessary.
    Caster: Aaah. // But that’s how much I want the two of us to be madly in love.

Page 11:
    Hakuno: …Anyway, // is it all right to look like that, when you’re supposed to be a shrine maiden?
    Caster: It’s fine, isn’t it? // Don’t they say that the only thing that matters is being cute? // I’m a shrine maiden no matter what I wear.
    Hakuno: T-This Servant just casually said something unbelievable. // Those words completely overturn your foundation as “Caster”…!
    Caster: It’s fine. // Those who say that a shrine maiden has to wear traditional Japanese clothing like a kimono or hakama are far too naïve. // It’s like the saying goes, // “Shrine maiden clothes and I go hand in hand.” // I am the embodiment of a shrine maiden. // If a shrine maiden wears something, it becomes shrine maiden clothing. // Even a bathing suit becomes shrine maiden clothing if I wear it! // Yes, there’s nothing strange about it at all!
    Hakuno: This shrine maiden is completely nonsensical! // …But when you declare it like that, I get the feeling it might be true… // Is this the effect of your magic and cursing techniques?
    Caster: How rude! At least call it the effect of my charm and appeal!

Page 12:
    Caster: Really now! You don’t understand the female heart at all. // At times like this, there are only three options: praise me, smile at me, or embrace and kiss me—
    Hakuno: So, you mentioned something about the school store? // Where’d you get the money to buy that…?
    Caster: …Fujimura-san gave me a big discount…
    Hakuno: The money?
    Caster: Like they say, what’s yours is mine, Master—
    Hakuno: Hey!
    Caster: I’m so sorry, Master! I bought these clothes because, umm…
    Hakuno: …You wanted to show it off to me, right?
    Caster: Huh? // Y-Yes.
    Hakuno: Even someone like me can understand your feelings a bit right now. // …I guess it can’t be helped. // I’ll forgive you just this time since those clothes are cute.
    Caster: Kyaah, Master! // I’m going to continue to diligently polish myself!
    Hakuno: Just this time! Just this time, okay?

Page 13:
    Hakuno: …There we go.
    Hakuno: Then shall we get going? // I’m worried about Sakura.
    Caster: Just when I was feeling happy, you bring up the subject of another woman again! // Just how much do you intend to play with my heart!?
    Hakuno (thought): —That’s right. After we returned from the hot spring,
    Rin: Sakura!
    Hakuno (thought): we found Sakura collapsed again. // According to Rin,
    Rin: The truth is, the majority of the program for running the Five Thought-Stopping Meditations is installed in Sakura. // And in addition to the burden placed on her by that, she had to take care of repairing the school building— // She’s collapsed again so soon after the last time…I’m sorry. Our estimations were too naïve. // We’re going to have to decrease the burden on her as much as possible from now on.

Page 14:
    Rin: Kishinami-kun, it’d be a big help if you could go see Sakura and show your concern for her.
    Hakuno: —Yeah. // Caster, can we make a stop somewhere before heading to the student council room?
    Caster: —You want to stop by the infirmary? // …Master♥ Do you know the saying that being kind to everyone // deserves punishment?
    Hakuno: Y-Yeah…I do know of it, but was it really such phrased that extremely…!?
    Caster: Very well then. // I suppose it can’t be helped. I do owe you for earlier this morning. // Despite how I may act, I’m a woman who can be reasonable. // Just hurry up and finish your visit with Sakura-san.
    Hakuno: T-Thanks.
    Text (sign): Infirmary

Page 15:
    Hakuno: Eh? You’re not coming in with me, Caster?
    Caster: Yes, please go see her by yourself. // I’ll wait here. // I have no intention of acting kind towards any human being besides you Master, you know? // Even if she’s an AI, Sakura-san is a human-type. // Things will turn sour if I accompany you to see her.
    Hakuno: I-I see. // Then, please wait here, Caster.
    Hakuno (thought): Sakura… // Is she still in bed…?

Page 16:
    Hakuno (thought): …Then I’ll just quickly take a peek at her condition and leave.
    Text (sound effect): Tap
    Sakura: —Huh? // Is that Kishinami-san?
    Hakuno: ! // …Sorry. // I didn’t mean to wake you up.
    Sakura: No…I’m the one who should apologize. I seem // to have fallen asleep without realizing it…
    Hakuno: You don’t remember? // You collapsed after pushing yourself too hard.
    Sakura: Collapsed…? // Ah. // You’re right—It’s indeed recorded so in my logs. // I’m sorry, I—
    Hakuno: There’s no need to apologize. We were wrong to go to the hot spring and leave you behind alone.

Page 17:
    Sakura: Sorry for the trouble I put you through. // I’m fine now.
    Hakuno (thought): …Her hair’s color has changed even further—
    Sakura: Ah, my hair? // Please don’t worry about it. My processing output merely dropped a little. // Umm, what did you come here for…? Do you need a medical checkup?
    Hakuno: No, that’s not necessary. I was a bit concerned, I guess… // I just came to see your face.
    Hakuno (thought): Maintaining the old school building and providing backup for maintaining my body while searching the labyrinth puts this much of a burden on Sakura—
    Sakura: —Is that so? // I was sleeping until now, so my physical functions have almost completely recovered. // But I’m more worried about you than me, Kishinami-san.

Page 18:
    Hakuno: Me?
    Sakura: Yes. // You’ve been working very hard, after all. // For example, high-level AIs like me are bestowed our roles by the Moon Cell // and we act according to that guideline. // But you’re different, Kishinami-san, even from the other student council members. // You have no memories from before the Holy Grail War. // You don’t know who you are. // The guideline to who you are is unclear— // But even so, you continue forward without fear. // I find that part of you really amazing!

Page 19:
    Hakuno: T-Thanks…?
    Sakura: Kishinami-san, aren’t you afraid that your current self might not be the real you? // Don’t you feel anger at that unreasonableness? // Ah. // S-Sorry. // I ended up trying to give you counseling.
    Hakuno: I do feel fear, but as for anger…I’m not sure. // Right now, I’ve just accepted my current reality. // …If I’m working hard, // it’s naturally thanks to everyone’s help. // But most of all, I want to know who I am…That’s the main thing that’s driving me.
    Sakura: I see. // Your objective is to find yourself, right? // —Speaking of which, about that speech text—
    Hakuno: I have no idea what you’re talking about!

Page 20:
    Sakura: Umm…Kishinami-san. // Can I ask you something?
    Hakuno: What is it?
    Sakura: —When you faced Kingprotea, // an Alter Ego born from BB and based on the same model as me, you talked about love to her. // —However, // AIs like us cannot understand the emotion known as love. // Like and dislike can be numerically digitized. // Good intentions and ill intentions are also rational to us. // But—the one thing we cannot replicate is love.

Page 21:
    Sakura: In the first place, that kind of innate human contradiction is unnecessary for us. // The Moon Cell doesn’t acknowledge any phenomena that can’t be proven through observation and testing. // …Science denies the concept of love.
    Kingprotea (flashback): So, won’t you tell me? // What should I do to obtain love?
    Hakuno: But… // That’s far too…
    Caster (flashback): But she’s become twisted to the point of no return now.
    Hakuno (thought): —If that’s true, Protea wasn’t twisted, but rather could never understand and develop love from the start…
    Sakura: That’s correct. // …That’s why, coming to like a human “just because”, even though there’s nothing to be gained from it, // is mistaken for AIs like us.

Page 22:
    Sakura: Ah, // I’m sorry. // But your approach towards the Alter Egos is mistaken, and you’re going through so much danger because of it, Kishinami-san…!
    Hakuno (thought): …To Protea, who likely continues to wander in search of love even now,
    Sakura: So I wanted to tell you this no matter what—
    Hakuno (thought): this is a cruel and heavy reality—
    Caster: Have you finished talking? // Then let’s hurry on to the student council room.
    Hakuno: You’re not going to ask what happened in there, // Caster?
    Caster: ………… // ………… // Master?

Page 23:
    Caster: Do you // seriously // want to // ask me that?
    Hakuno: I-I won’t bring it up again.
    Caster: That’d be a relief for me as well♥ // Well, // normally, if you were alone with another woman, I would bring down divine punishment // by going into “What color is your blood, dearest?” mode. // But I’m a bit more generous and tolerant when it comes to Sakura. // I do owe her for saving you, after all~
    Hakuno: Eh? // Saber’s true name is Suzuka Gozen?

Page 24:
    Rin: That’s right. // I kept quiet about since I wanted you to focus on her SG, // but there’s no need to hide it from you at this point.
    Hakuno: Isn’t Suzuka Gozen from the Heian Era, also known by the name of “Tate Eboshi”—
    Rani: We’ve already finished explaining all that, so please do that inside your heart, Kishinami-san.
    Leo: Speaking of inside your heart, about that speech text—
    Hakuno: I think we’ve had enough of that subject.
    Hakuno (though): —I see, she did say “Daitouren” when she activated her Noble Phantasm… // Her true name was obvious after that. // …It’s said that, when Takamaru ran away to hid within a hidden cavern, // Suzuka Gozen lured Takamaru to open the rock door and come out by playing music while performing the Dance of the Twelve Stars.
    Caster (flashback): Just when I thought you had turned tail and ran, now you have a door that won’t open. // In that case, how about I play a heavenly melody to open it, you thieving JK?
    Saber (flashback): Foxes that never keep their mouths shut are annoying. // Well, I’ll respond to your provocation and tell you.

Page 25:
    Hakuno (thought): So Caster was just being plain sarcastic back then…
    Caster: ?
    Rin: …Well, there’s nothing new to tell you besides that this time.
    Leo: Please go explore the Sakura labyrinth as you have up to now, Hakuno-san.
    Rani: You reached the Ninth Floor while you were being chased by Kingprotea. // In order to destroy the shield that likely exists there, // obtaining Suzuka Gozen’s third SG is your number one priority.
    Hakuno: Please wait. // If the Sakura Labyrinth connects not to the Near Side of the Moon, but the Holy Grail instead, // there’s no point in passing through it—
    Rin: It doesn’t matter even if that’s the case. // If we can get the Moon Cell to notice this abnormal situation, // it will restore things to the proper Holy Grail War, making it our win. // Rather, it makes things faster and easier for us this way.
    Hakuno: Ah, I see.

Page 26:
    Leo: We won’t know what lies at the end of the Sakura Labyrinth until we reach it, // but we have no other choice but to escape through the labyrinth.
    Julius: Make sure to avoid contact with BB as much as possible, all right?
    Hakuno: Got it. // Caster.
    Caster: Yes, // Master.
    Hakuno: Let’s go! // To the depths of the Sakura Labyrinth!
    Caster: As you command.

Page 27:
    Caster: Wait, // what’s with this terrible taste in design!? // This place is a reflection of Suzuka-san’s mental landscape? She seems to have played around with the design quite freely, though— // She’s probably the kind of person who would put fresh cream on fried tofu. // In the first place, there were no castle towers like this in her era. // She really does go about things willy-nilly.
    Hakuno: Why a Ferris Wheel…?

Page 28:
    Caster: …… // ……
    Hakuno: Caster?
    Caster: It hurts me to say this, but I can understand why she made the Ferris Wheel…! // Rather, I can’t help but fear myself for sympathizing with her…!!
    Hakuno: Caster?
    Rin: There’s a shield behind the castle. Can you see it?
    Leo: Then let’s begin out castle siege, shall we?
    Caster: They’ve come out, Master. // No matter how rotten her personality may be, the enemy is still a Saber-class Servant. Please stay on guard.

Page 29:
    Saber: You came, huh? // Is it like how someone who seeks the latest “cool” fashion every day // can’t waste a single day? I suppose I can understand that. // But I can’t believe you came right after yesterday, you know? // And here I thought I had the chance to flirt with Kazu-kun. // You really don’t know how to read the mood, do you, fox?
    Caster: Umm, there’s a lot I want to retort on now that your true name is clear, // but first of all, Suzuka-san, your other nickname is “Tate Eboshi*”, right?

(TL Note: “Tate Eboshi” is Suzuka Gozen’s other name as a famous thief. It is also the term for a traditional hat worn by samurai.)

Page 30:
    Caster: Acting like a high school girl and putting on a hairpin like that destroys your character image too much! // Do you have no pride as “Tate Eboshi”?
    Hakuno: Sorry to bring this up, // but it would have been better to ask her that when she was wearing her previous clothes up until yesterday.
    Saber: You seriously don’t get it. // “Tate Eboshi”? // No matter what I do or wear, I am “Tate Eboshi”! // Rather, whatever clothes I wear becomes “Tate Eboshi”-style clothing!
    Kazuhito: When I consider that Ferris Wheel in comparison, even this claim seems reasonable… // Kuh…I can’t let myself be deceived…!
    Caster: T-To think you would reach the same conclusion as me…! // Just how far do you intend to copy my character!?
    Hakuno: I painfully understand her Master’s hardships—

Page 31:
    Saber: —Besides, I’ve always liked beautiful things, you know? // Nothing about me has changed at all. Actually, you call me “JK”, right? // I think that’s a great title. // In fact, I’ll give myself the personal skill “JK Power*: Rank A” right here and now!
    Kazuhito: Hey, don’t add a skill that doesn’t even exist! // Just how would that skill be useful, anyway?
    Hakuno: She seems to be misunderstanding what a high school girl is. Rather, she’s completely destroying the whole concept…
    Caster: The fact that she didn’t say “JK Power: Rank EX” is the only saving grace, I suppose.
    Kazuhito: …Enough of that. // Kishinami’s goal is to discover your secret and break the shield. // Begin combat immediately, // Saber.
    Saber: I’d be more motivated if you called me “Suzuka”, though, you know?
    Kazuhito: I’m begging you, just start the battle already.
    Rin: This is bad. Try and uncover her secret before she starts attacking.
    Hakuno: Just how I am supposed to do that…?
    Hakuno: … // S-Saber.
    Saber: !

(TL Note: Basically translates to “High School Girl Power”.)

Page 32:
    Hakuno: D-Do you have any worries?
    Rin: So awkward!
    Saber: Worries, huh… // I guess one worry would be having to use my Noble Phantasm now in order to get serious— // …Right, Kazu-kun?
    Kazuhito: Yeah. // Release your second sword Noble Phantasm. // I won’t permit your obstinacy over this any further. // Display your true power, Saber.
    Caster: !!! // Something is coming. // Please stay behind me, Master.

Page 33:
    Hakuno: Her Noble Phantasm— // Suzuka Gozen is said to have possessed three blades— // One of them is “Daitouren*”, which releases an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm, // “Tenkiame”. // Her remaining two blades are— // “Shoutouren*”, // and “Kenmyouren*”!!
    Saber: This is Shoutouren, forged by a Bodhisattva. // When unsheathed, my wisdom equals that of Manjushri*—

(TL Note 1: The sword names are mostly abstract kanji combinations, with “Daitouren” as “Great Passage Link”, “Shoutouren” as “Small Passage Link”, and “Kenmyouren” as “Clarity Brightness Link”.)
    (TL Note 2: “Tenkiame” translates to “Heavenly Demon Rain”.)
    (TL Note 3: A Bodhisattva is a being in Buddhism who has achieved Enlightenment yet continues to aid other sentient beings in achieving it as well. Manjushri is the Bodhisattva that represents transcendent wisdom.)

Page 34:
    Saber: Saichi no Shukufuku*!!

(TL Note: Translates to “Blessing of Wit and Intelligence”.)
    Last edited by EDreamer; September 23rd, 2016 at 09:46 PM.

Good work, Dream.

I feel that "shrine maiden" and simply "priestess" rolls off the tongue easier. I think the full term "shrine priestess" seems a bit forced.

As for "JK Power", I know it's a femininity mastery thing but it seems a bit literal. Do you think so as well?

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Yeah, I wasn't sure which term to use for that one. Based on your advice, I think I'll change it to just "shrine maiden". I'll correct it in the translation right away.

As for "JK Power", that is what it literally said, and it's not meant to be taken seriously anyway, so I think it's appropriate regardless.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    JK POWAH
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Jesus Christ, we went from a translator shortage to a typesetting deficit.

598,535,004 (NA)