Page 141 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4191131136139140141142143146151 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 3331

Thread: Fate/EXTRA CCC Fox Tail

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by AleisterSwole View Post
    No problem. Also, Rouran's description isn't there, is it "Piercing magic damage to the enemy + anti-Guard stun" like Quasar said?
    Oops, must have failed to properly copy and paste that part. It's fixed now. Yeah, the effect is "Magic piercing damage to the enemy + anti-Guard stun".
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

US Friend Code

Thanks for the typeset!

Thank-you both for the work you put into this, EDreamer for the translation and TheSkipRow for the typeset. This chapter I think shows the core difference between Tamamo and Suzuka. Up to now I've wondered if Saber and Caster switch places would they have gone the same path as the other but I think now Caster would not. The main thing Tamamo does that Suzuka can't is except negative feelings (even if it takes time too). This moment is in a sense an example after each's relationship with their master were harmed by the other Tama choose to except the pain and return to Hakuno while Suzuka choose to run from Kazuhito. I can't wait to see where this goes. I think when Hakuno shows up Tama will have Suzukas CG revealed.

I'm excited to see what they gonna do with JK's 3rd SG. In fgo we were presented with Altruism Constitution as last one, which is basically her wish to serve, but that's something what Tamamo already pointed out. What they allude for 3rd one in Foxtail is something more then that, something more complicated. The issue they refer to goes back to their past - flashback to Suzuka's death when they talk about regret there for a reason. In the past she did shut down her feelings for the sake of Tamuramaro, it ended up pretty bad. Yes, as per Rani the story continues into happy ever after - but it's just record left in history, which Saber just agreed on without elaborating. This ending doesn't line up with her feeling of regret towards it. I bet they will go back to this story again, maybe show another flashback and elaborate on her actual feelings this time.

Great points Quasar. That reminds me when we first learned about Suzukas past I thought maybe Tamuramaro didn't know her plan so even though he loved her he never trusted her after that, maybe even went the dark route and Tamuraro killed Suzuka like in some myths and never learned. Now I think after this chapter I have it a bit backwards. Maybe it was Suzuka who could not forgive herself for enjoying her time with Otakemaru to make him drop his guard, as Tamamo pointed out JK can't help others enjoy life unless she herself is. That could be why in the end Tamamo talking about excepting even regret, so long as it is for the one you love, as a positive angered Suzuka so since it's the one thing she never did, because in her eyes regret is a blemish on the purity of ones love.

Tamuramaro 100% didn't know, as per mats
    Of course, it was all for Sakanoue’s sake. However to deceive Otakemaru, only her knows the details of her plan. So without explaining to Sakanoue, she became Otakemaru’s wife, an oni princess, and used her Supernatural Power to soften his body. Three years later, she successfully assassinated Otakemaru in the cave.
    As she let out a sigh, thinking she can finally return home, she noticed another assassin appeared. It was Sakanoue who was devastated by the thought of Suzuka abandoning him, betrayed him, and his country was destroyed.
    Sakanoue, blinded by love and hate, walks towards Suzuka, who realized there’s no salvation left and that she made a mistake. Deep down she apologized to him, as she is killed by him.
    (If she is killed when considered doing an evil act, then at least Sakanoue will not be tortured by “regret that he killed his love one”)
    Basically, Suzuka did everything for his sake until her last breath.
    "but at the very end, you’ll suppress your true feelings in order to raise up the person you care about"
    "Do you honestly have no regrets about that?"
    Seems pretty clear what she referencing to.

I don't think that JK enjoyed 3 years spent in a cave with Otakemaru so much that she need to regret that. It's more about decision of hiding truth from Tamuramaro, or about making such plan entirely because it ended up hurting him and backfired so hard. As I said, that's part of past which hopefully Takenoko will elaborate a little more about.
    Last edited by Quasar; June 29th, 2021 at 10:16 PM.

I see. I was off mark with that idea. So JK is more upset because Tama speech on regret was more of a reminder of her past choose. Going by this then it seems to me that maybe JKs approach is she thinks she knows what is best for her love but she unfortunately does not take her partners feeling into consideration or even talk to them before she acts. That could explain why she is so focused on point out the small lack there is between Caster and her Master.
    Last edited by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama; June 30th, 2021 at 01:50 AM.

I wonder if they will ever reveal what the hell is demon king of 4th heaven.

Best answer I could find about demon king of the 4th heaven was this

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Welcome.

To put it in the most simple way, Tenma is the rival of Buddha. He is the ruler of the sixth heaven, known under names such as Mara, Papiyas, Demon King of the Sixth Heaven. The "ma" is due to him not trusting in Buddhism and try to defeat the Buddha. He is the embodiment of obstacles on the way to enlightenment. He is not necessarily evil, so even after trying to take down Buddha, he still retains his position. In relation to Suzuka, he sent her to turn Japan into a country of demons.

Originally Suzuka is the daughter of the demon king of the sixth heaven, but in a more modern telling of her legend, the author mistakenly changed it to the fourth (there is no demon king of fourth heaven in Buddhism) and it became what ppl go with nowadays, without knowning the context. Her relationship with Mara/Papiyas is still there in Fate, but the 4th heaven thing is them going with modern telling.
    Last edited by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama; July 1st, 2021 at 11:00 PM.

Sadly Fate dong nothing about 4th <-> 6th interaction there, and it'll probably stay that way. No clarification, no interaction with Kama/Mara...
    At best we can get JK mocking Nobbu for being chunni and claiming to be her dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama View Post
    Best answer I could find about demon king of the 4th heaven was this
    That's possibly right but we do have mara in fate as in actual demon king of sixth heaven. Not Fourth heaven.
    Technically suzuka in legend is tennin or tannin who lives along Bodhisattvas in heaven.
    The thing is what did fate do with Cosmology of Buddhism in fate

Honestly it would have been easy if it was 5th heaven. We could easily deduce it was some bs sycrenism with Satan and came to known as demon king of 5th heaven.

Suzuka being tennyo doesnt affect the fact that she can be as daughter of Tenma or Demon King of 4th Heaven if he even exist in Fate. Tennin in general is just celestial nymphs/fairies/angels born in buddhist heavens. In hindu they're known as Apsaras.

The weird part there is her, by herself, claiming to be daughter of Demon King of 4th Heaven, not 6th. Basically in Fate JK is the only person who confirm his existence in any way. Meanwhile her whole background screams about her connection to Tenma - in mats she's called "princess of Tenma", "daughter of Tenma", even her bond CE in fgo is "Tenma's Spring Training".
    So Nasu and co can, technically, made up some 4th Heaven King and connect him with 6th, or just say something like "Suzuka doesn't want to bring her dad's name since she technically did rebel against his order and so she uses 4th heaven version from her legend instead". Or, they will do what they already doing, and leave it ??? as is.
    Last edited by Quasar; July 2nd, 2021 at 01:59 PM.

Chapter uploading is back on MangaDex by the way.

That good to hear I'm sure some people have been waiting for these latest chapters to show up not remembering they could be found on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    So the fight continues with Suzuka using her Second Noble Phantasm. Another amazing chapter. A question I have is, what is a Manjushri?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Manjushri is a bodhisattva (look it up, it's basically some kind of special Buddhist saint that delayed his enlightenment to help us plebs) associated with wisdom.

Both Daitouren and Shoutouren are swords that belong to Manjushri - bodhisattva of wisdom. Specifically Shoutouren which is used to activate Suzuka's 2nd NP is said to be forged by him.

Here's the latest chapter: Chapter 69