Page 152 of 167 FirstFirst ... 52102142147150151152153154157162 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 3333

Thread: Fate/EXTRA CCC Fox Tail

As I thought Suzuka's flashback scene that Takenoko teased us for about an year, is her life final moments. It mirrors Tamamo's final ascension art in fgo so much.
    I hope they'll show more of Suzuka's past in next chapter, especially considering that "Damn Fox" brings up Tamuramaro in the end.

Thank-you for the new raw chapter AleisterSwole.

Spoiler:
    The battle seem to me to be at its end if not over already and Tamamo is now just toying with Suzuka. It looks to me like Suzuka can't use her ace since she used it to clear Kazuhito head earlier and is now just attacking with no plan or even much energy. Can't say if Tamamos evil is showing since it looks like she kicked Suzu when her guard was down and maybe even been thinking of stopping, though I can't read it so I could easily be miss interpreting it. Tama also maybe playing therapist and at this part of the fight forcing Suzy to face her past and have Kazu
    Spoiler:
    hear it so they can finally understand each other.

I can't undo the split in spoiler.
    Last edited by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama; June 24th, 2022 at 01:23 AM.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Here's the latest chapter translation. A note for the flashback on the first page: it is referring to the battle in chapter 7. When Suzuka first used her Heavenly Demon Rain, Hakuno told Tamamo to change plans and she used her Aphotic Cave to defend. It is implied from their words and actions then that they were planning to use her Land of Eternal Bane at first but decided they couldn’t risk the damage from Suzuka’s NP. Just a refresher for those who are confused by what Hakuno means here.

Foxtail Magazine Chapter 74
    Page 1:
    Text: Tamamo’s trump card attacks Suzuka with poison—
    Tamamo: Land of Eternal Bane
    Effect Box: Magic damage + deadly poison. Activation Condition: Less than 30% HP
    Tamamo (flashback): Master, we’re going to stick it out until the end, right?
    Hakuno (flashback): Change of plans!
    Hakuno (thought): During our first battle against Sakagami and Suzuka Gozen… our decision to change plans back then turned into a slow-acting poison // and has finally hit Suzuka Gozen—
    Suzuka: I was fooled… // like an idiot…!

Page 2:
    Text (BB): I still haven’t had my turn yet, you know?
    Chapter 74: Caster VS Saber VI

Page 3:
    Tamamo (thought): Still, // if it weren’t for your current state of mind, // you surely would have seen through my ploy.
    Tamamo: Haa // Haa // Haa
    Suzuka: Haa // Haa

Page 4:
    Suzuka: Haa // Haa // Haa // Haa // Haa // Haa
    Suzuka (thought): Kuh… This is poison…
    Suzuka: So… what? // Even Kishinami managed to endure— // …this!

Page 5:
    Tamamo: —Now then. // No matter how much wisdom you have and how precisely you read my attacks, // your movements will surely be dulled thanks to that damage and poison. /? Did you see that, Master? // Tamamo is winning overwhelmingly just as declared♥
    Hakuno: Hey! Don’t let your guard down! // No, wait. // You’re the type to say that kind of thing without letting your guard down. // So complicated.
    Tamamo: Yes, Master.
    Tamamo (thought): Battling Suzuka-san // is all about dulling her movements as much as possible before she can perfectly predict my attacks.
    Tamamo: —Now then, let’s finish this extermination without taking breaks.

Page 6:
    Suzuka: If you saw my Holy Grail War with Kazu-kun, then you should know… // My “wisdom” gets sharper the longer the battle drags on— // This is nowhere near enough // for you to brag about winning yet!!
    Sound effect: *Rattle*…

Page 7:
    Suzuka: — // —Haa! // Haa!
    Tamamo: … // Oh?
    Kazuhito: *Wheeze*… // Haa… // Haa… // Haa…!

Page 8:
    Tamamo: Despite how plain it might seem, that’s still a Noble Phantasm. // And you’ve been using Blessing of Wisdom nonstop for a long time— // I see, you’re out of MP.
    Suzuka: Haa… // Haa…

Page 9:
    Tamamo: …You didn’t run out this quickly when you were fighting that Genji general, though— // Could it be that you // used up a lot of magical energy before coming here?
    Suzuka: Haa…
    Kazuhito: Saber…
    Suzuka: Be quiet, Kazu-kun…!! // Even without my Blessing of Wisdom… // I won’t lose… // to the likes of you!!!

Page 10:
    (no text)

Page 11:
    Tamamo: By the way, Suzuka-san. // Before, you said that gods are incompatible with humans, // so does that mean you’ve given up on Sakagami-san?
    Kazuhito: Haa // Haa
    Suzuka: Haa // Haa // Haa // Haa // Haa
    Suzuka (thought): It’s not a matter of giving up or not…

Page 12:
    Suzuka: Haa! // Haa! // Haa! // Haa! // Haa! // Haa! // Haa! // Haa!
    Suzuka (thought): Kazu-kun // has never looked at me in the first place!!

Page 13:
    Suzuka: Blargh // But I want to be with him! // Haa! // I want to stay by his side!! // Haa!
    Suzuka (flashback): …Yeah.

Page 14:
    Suzuka (flashback): It can’t be helped // that things ended this way—
    Suzuka: I accepted it back then, thinking that’s just how it was. // But I have regrets! // This time! // This time for sure!

Page 15:
    Suzuka: I want to be with // the person I love forever!! // …Am I… // not permitted… // something… as simple as that…?

Page 16:
    Tamamo: Simple? // Do you not understand // just how difficult it is to be with the one you love? // —There’s no way you don’t understand. // After all, you // didn’t manage to consummate your love with Sakanoue no Tamuramaro
    Suzuka: … // You damn fox—
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

Thanks for the translation!

After all, you didn’t manage to consummate your love with Sakanoue no Tamuramaro
    Very interesting, I guess next time we’ll finally learn the truth about Suzuka’s story and how it ended.

US Friend Code

Thanks for the translation.

When Suzuka first used her Heavenly Demon Rain, Hakuno told Tamamo to change plans and she used her Aphotic Cave to defend
    The full page in Ch.7 shows Hakuno saying "Yep!" beforehand, which meant he was changing to go with Tamamo's suggestion. His original idea was to bet it all on the 2 remaining curses they could fire off, while she had brought up using all her magic to power up a single curse. The moment Suzuka started chanting then Tamamo activated Bestial Sky on her own to prepare. I just wanted to clarify it for myself and anyone else who didn't want to go all the way back and read it.

EDIT: Quick note, the flashback panel on pg.13 has a typo of "live" instead of "love"
    Last edited by Catastor; June 26th, 2022 at 02:08 PM.

US Friend Code
    Typo should be fixed now

Thanks for the typeset!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I'm not gonna lie, I laughed when Tamamo punted Suzuka.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

They seem to be going with the tragic version of her ending. That being said Suzuka's FGO mats also mentioned the part where Sakanoue went to the underworld to get her back and the mat itself being fucking vague as to the actual ending of the story.

They better clear it up next chap

Tragic version was always the most likely, because of the nature of her wish.
    > Perhaps because her wish to spend her life with someone who loved her back was never fulfilled during her lifetime, Suzuka Gozen manifested here and wished upon the Holy Grail for love.
    Why would she has such wish if they had happy ever after one way or another?

Still, it's not only fgo mats where resurrection gets mentioned, Rani talks about it in the hot spring chapter, she even specifically ask Suzuka if this is correct. On which JK confirms, that it is indeed the case. Most likely she lies there, but regardless - it needs to be addressed in the manga itself.

The only other option I can see, if as servant Suzuka got recorded into the throne after she died for the first time. So even if Tamuramaro did bring her back from the dead somehow, Suzuka that we summon has no own memory of it. She knows about it from her own legend, not experience. While it could explain both scenarios, the whole Japanese Underworld <-> Throne of Heroes interaction shouldn't work like that from my understanding and I doubt they'll make it so complicated anyway.

Either way, after so many years they kept it vague it finally good time to touch this subject.

Also, can we have proper Sakanoue no Tamuramaro design shown already.
    Last edited by Quasar; June 27th, 2022 at 06:55 AM.

Thanks EDreamer and TheSkipRow for your great work.

Hakuno telling Tama not to let her guard down only to realize she wouldn't no matter how she act gave me a chuckle.

Tama is playing therapist most likely trying to draw Suzuka SG out.

This chapter was made me wonder about the parallels between Suzuka, Kazuradrop, Tamamo and Hakuno. Suzuka has decide to except her place and does not try to change it. Where Tama won't let a bad event stop her and keeps trying to get her happy end even when it seems out of reach. Kazuradrop is trying to become what she sees as perfect and when she does you know she will stop trying to improve herself. While Hakuno sees himself as inferior to other and won't stop trying to improve himself. I think Suzuka, and Kazuradrop are ones who stop moving forward weather because for fear or ego, while Tama and Hakuno are ones keep going trying to improve themselves or the way the world sees them.

US Friend Code

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    I never considered that running out of MP could end the fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    This is the first chapter?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Yes. We decided to scanlate the chapters from the first two volumes, since the original translation was rough. We'll gradually release these early chapters as we have the time.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

This is amazing news to me. Thank you both for doing this. I liked Arainamis work but I've found your, EDreamer, translation easier to understand. TheSkipRow this first chapter looked great. When I have more time I think it will be fun to read ch 1s next to each other and see how the story many seem to have changed in parts.

That looks great, thanks for the hard work!

New chapter 75 just came out. Suzuka's 3rd Secret Garden has finally been unlocked.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    OOF.
    Spoiler:
    [Not once did he say her name.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3