Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resurrection- a Kariya Fic

Banned
    Blog Entries

Resurrection- a Kariya Fic

Hello, this is kind of my first attempt at seriously writing fanfic down without stopping halfway through, so if there is some constructive critique or advice, feel free to say it.(this includes ideas for a better Title).
    uhm, what inspired me to this story was this Fanart:

mainly because i think the idea of a "Dark Kariya" continuing his work to rescue Sakura in the fifth Grail War and seizing control would be intriguing.
    well then, i guess im gonna start now.

....I feel sick.
    Itchy. It feels as if my whole Body is beeing subjected to injections from all sides. However, there is no actual pain. No pain? I am surprised. I feel light, as if I have no weight. Yet at the same time, I feel like I am chained down.
    Where am I? Around me is only Darkness. I try to open my eyes, but I realize that I cannot feel them; I dont know if I still have them or not, but they might as well be gone, as I cannot use them either way.
    While I find myself unable to answer that question, it dawns on me that I want to know someting far more important.
    Who am I?

I think some time has passed. I can think, so I think I exist, although I don't even know if anything else exists or if I am the only thing in this place.
    I want to see, but I don't know how, so I give up on it.
    I spend all my time thinking, since it is all I can do. A good portion of my thoughts are just "I feel itchy", "I want to see", and the same questions I cannot answer, but I still do it. Because there is nothing else to do. Who am I? I still don't know.

Today, I have a strange feeling. It feels as if my Body has become more, and the itching has decreased. However, I now, with the faint sense of Feel I have developed, feel an endless crawling all around me. I do not remember the past, but this still feels alien to me, like something that should not be like that. My newgrown veins feel like maggots are coursing through them, and my newfound brain feels like it's boiling in my head. I want to open my Eyes now, but I realize I don't have any yet.
    I feel like my Body is still forming new parts. "Where am I?" Even with my returning senses, I cannot tell. "Who am I?" How would I know?

Even more time has gone by. I think a day or so has passed, but I feel I might be wrong on that. I can still not tell.
    But I know. Having felt this body slowly reforming, I, even with my faint and dulled senses that are useless in this place, can already feel that there is soemthing happening to my "body" now.
    Did it already happen? I feel like I finally have a body of my own. But why did I want one in the first place? I dont feel a difference compared to my unfinished body a few seconds ago.
    I resumed my routine of thinking.

And asking.

"Where am I?" I opened my eyelids. As soon as the familiar question coursed through my head again, I opened them on purpose. And I saw.
    I saw blackness, with only few dots of greenish light between them, ever-moving.
    Suddenly, I heard. A cacophony of small sounds like cracking and cackling, surrounding me on five sides.
    As if by opening my Eyelids I also opened the door for my soul to occupy my Body again, I started to feel more and more human. On my skin, I felt. Unlike the dull sensations from before, I actually felt. On my back, I felt something cold, and hard. Something like..... Stone. On every other side, a slimy sensation of small bodies, with and without legs, crawling all around me, endlessly as before. My thought patterns began to arrange themselves in the way of a human, whose body I now held, again; all the sensations I was registering, they gave me a strong feeling of nostalgia, while still feeling unfamiliar at the same time.

While my Soul, that for some reason had not just abandonded this battered container, began to reside in this newly finished container again, I started to regain my memories, part by part. It was still hazy, but I could find myself back if I gave it enough time.
    "Where am I?"....
    "In a pit. A dark pit, where someone dear to me had to suffer a long time. A pit where I went after failing her. Thats where." My heart, too, started pounding again.

Thats when, suddenly, the small bodies who previously ignored me, started moving differently than before. They opened their small mouths, they gave off aggressive sounds as they came to devour me.
    In a matter of a moment, the small, tube-like bodies, shielded by skin of Chitin, started biting their sharp little teeth into my soft, naked flesh. They sucked themselves full of the essence of magic, until they swelled up like balloons; they ate and ate, until
    they perished. Until they shrinked, shriveled up and finally became dust and dirt after accidentally letting me feed on them.

And I rose. I climbed up in the sea of Mana-eating worms with this new body I was so familiar with, yet was so different from what I started to remember.
    While I swam up, becoming stronger and stronger from devouring the worms, reclaiming what was mine from those that devoured me, memories of my last minuted rose up in my mind as well.
    Me, falling down; the marks on my hand hurting from the loss of their contract; delusions;
    I moved upwards through the pit as if it was filled with water;
    Me, getting up hours after, awoken once again by the intense heat and my wish to see her;
    I reached a Wall, started to climb up on it to get to the surface faster;
    Me, stumbling through a burning field, only seeing the girl before my vision; stumbling on corpses, stepping on shards of glass and stone, stumbling and falling;
    I got up faster and faster. Even the biggest worm that came up to eat me was robbed of all its magic and life energy and was left as only dirt;
    Me, landing in a puddle of black Mud that tasted like the blood and waste of all War's, Murder's, and Atrocities;
    I felt my hands reaching cold air;
    Me, reaching her but, with no power left and the taste of the mud detoriating the pityful remains of my mind, falling down in the pit of worms;
    I stepped out of the pit and onto the stairs, filling my lungs with air, feeling stronger than ever before.

As I stood in the dark basement naked, with a healthy body I hadnt felt in centuries or so I felt, I asked
    "Who am I?"
    "I am Ang... Kariya. Kariya. Yes, Kariya." As I made my way up the stairs, black appendices spread out of my body and started mimicking my old clothing.

"Sakura-chan......!"
    Last edited by Break; July 25th, 2012 at 05:19 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, the concept looks good, but you really need to learn basic grammar, punctuation and spelling....

In particular, "I" (in the sense of "I am Mike") should be capitalised.
    Last edited by Mike1984; July 25th, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Angra Mainyu Kariya? This should be interesting.

Still I'm kind of wondering what prompted this sudden outburst of Kariya fics.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, the concept looks good, but you really need to learn basic grammar, punctuation and spelling....

In particular, "I" (in the sense of "I am Mike") should be capitalised.
    thanks for pointing that out. (I shouldv probably just read over it before posting it xD) is it better now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Angra Mainyu Kariya? This should be interesting.

personnaly i had the idea for a long time, but that other Kariya fic made me want to actually write it out.

and thanks, im gonna try my best to pull it off^^

One should not ask "why there are increase in Kariya fics just now", one should ask "why the increase did not happen much sooner"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    thanks for pointing that out. (I shouldv probably just read over it before posting it xD) is it better now?
    Well, it's a little better, but there are still quite a few things wrong with it.

The spacing of the lines is wrong. There are some bits where you really should start a new paragraph and you don't. You're also capitalising words you should not (for example, eyes), and there are a few grammar errors.

You could really do with a beta reader here, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DRaily View Post
    One should not ask "why there are increase in Kariya fics just now", one should ask "why the increase did not happen much sooner"
    Yeah, this is the issue with being such a procrastinator.

Now, when I finally get around to redoing my story that I started three years ago, it's going to look like I'm just jumping on the bandwagon....

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Mike, you need to start posting some fics. Just snap out some quick snippets and go from there. You don't need to have each one be three thousand pages long. I mean, look at all the posts you manage to make here. You could probably just take the time you spend to write two or three posts and have a chapter done.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Mike, you need to start posting some fics. Just snap out some quick snippets and go from there. You don't need to have each one be three thousand pages long. I mean, look at all the posts you manage to make here. You could probably just take the time you spend to write two or three posts and have a chapter done.
    The thing is, "quick snippets" are very hard for me to do. I don't know if I can do slice of life, and anything else with Sakura is very difficult to do without some kind of set-up. Plus, fics need more than just writing, you need backstory, characterisation, settings etc.

I have plenty of ideas, but I tend to get stuck with trying to work out the backstory, characterisation etc.
    Last edited by Mike1984; July 25th, 2012 at 06:28 PM.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This makes me want to get back on track with my "Kariya Survives" project. Or finish the omake-y snip, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I had an idea where Kariya got Lancelot as Lancer instead of Berserker, and Kayneth had to go with his SECOND back up artifact. Now all things considered, I'm gonna let it sit for a while.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    > Kariya
    > Lancer Luck

He would be dead before he left the house.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    > Kariya
    > Lancer Luck

He would be dead before he left the house.
    Hell, he'd die immediately from the worms eating him. I just love seeing him suffer it seems.

Blog Entries
    Your enter key is lonely.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Reformed Illya Fangirl gothic_dolly's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This seems like a decent start, though it could use some polish when it comes to grammar and formatting. I'd be interested to see what Kariya thinks of Shirou. Also that particular piece of fan-art is my desk-top wallpaper at the moment.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Neat concept. A few words seems to be needlessly capitalized (Body, Eyes, Feel) in the first few paragraphs.

JP Friend Code
    More Kariya fics.
    FUCK YEAH.
    Support list (it's a big one lol)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    i should probbaly get up my arse and continue this one sometime.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    i should probbaly get up my arse and continue this one sometime.
    Yes, you should.
    Support list (it's a big one lol)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

So as i pray... Unlimited Bug Works! Kariya's Avatar
    Very cool fanfic, i like very much the idea, and the picture too! Keep up the good work!

Blog Entries
    Will this valuable review push Break into resurrecting resurrection?! Tune in next time, same necro time, same necro channel.
    Last edited by Siriel; October 17th, 2014 at 09:33 AM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.