Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [FF] Unfamiliar (Grail Works Ltd./Zero no Tsukaima)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar
    Now, possibly my grasp of the specific canons vs. fanons is faulty. But if I recall right, ignoring the just standard probable local allies for Team Good (LightningFastIceMageAssassin!Tabitha, SuperPyro!Kirche, & ProtectiveTeacherUltraPyroExCommando!Professor Colbert) we've also got Louise, who can basically power level to living Antimatter/Anti-Magic generator inside of half a year, the Half-Elf Tiffania who can use Void to truly revive the dead; Kuroi who, if I'm not misremebering Bleached White, has a deity-sword, werewolf capabilities, druid magics, enough raw power to take Saber, dragon or otherwise; and oh yeah, Team Shirou and Team Shiki are a heartbeat away.

Maybe all three of those (Gilgamesh, Alexander, and Team Troll) plus the local Void opposition and their conquered country(-ies) could give them a run for their money. Maybe.

Even so, it'd be a hell of a fight.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B.B. Rain View Post
    Now, possibly my grasp of the specific canons vs. fanons is faulty. But if I recall right, ignoring the just standard probable local allies for Team Good (LightningFastIceMageAssassin!Tabitha, SuperPyro!Kirche, & ProtectiveTeacherUltraPyroExCommando!Professor Colbert) we've also got Louise, who can basically power level to living Antimatter/Anti-Magic generator inside of half a year, the Half-Elf Tiffania who can use Void to truly revive the dead;
    Depends on how this plays out, yes?

Kuroi who, if I'm not misremebering Bleached White, has a deity-sword, werewolf capabilities, druid magics, enough raw power to take Saber, dragon or otherwise;
    Not Alustriel - we didn't have time to run that in-game, and I've misplaced her sheet. So that will be rewritten in the repost. The sword which housed her exists, since Kieran did forge it before my DM left town, but it hasn't been enchanted yet. And he can take Saber as a D&D dragon - Nasuverse dragon, I doubt it. I'm mainly looking at the fact that Servants routinely throw attacks that can destroy buildings, or Rider's Pegasus Dive at 500+ mph. Kurai's maximum speed is 24 mph, at an all-out run, and he might be able to burn down a manor home. Scale-wise, a true Servant could probably easily kick his ass, unless we're adapting them to D&D-style stats. In which case, see previous arguments.

and oh yeah, Team Shirou and Team Shiki are a heartbeat away.
    Assuming the girls will let them go - but yeah, maybe some backup there.

Maybe all three of those (Gilgamesh, Alexander, and Team Troll) plus the local Void opposition and their conquered country(-ies) could give them a run for their money. Maybe.

Even so, it'd be a hell of a fight.
    I don't know - I read about a massive magic-immune golem apparently designed to kill armies appearing somewhere down the line . . .

How so?

Blog Entries
    Kurai's maximum speed is 24 mph, at an all-out run, and he might be able to burn down a manor home.
    Buddy, what kind of epic Druid were you running? Oh yes, that's right. One without Epic Spellcasting. You should be throwing out crazy-pimped epic spells making you immune to everything at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tabitha is an interesting case. On one hand, she is Kirche's friend, but on the other, she's also a spy/black ops agent of King Joseph of Gallia, so she could go either way depending on orders. Kirche is somewhat dependent on mood or reason for allying with Louise, and Louise...well, she does have to get both a Founder's Ring and Founder's Artifact to gain any spells.

On the note of Tiffania, she cannot revive the dead with Void power. She can use the Ancient Water Magic ring she has to bring people back from what is pretty much the verge of death/freshly dead, but that's a one-shot ability if you use it that far. Otherwise, she's better with basic healing/treatment and memory modification.

Some of the Void Magic spells do include Teleport, Portal (teleport portal for groups - within a world), World Door (interdimensional transport) though, so that could be interesting if they learn them.

Or maybe Vindalfr!Lancelot so you get NP nukes from that nuclear missile sub that landed in Romalia. Coupled with the rocks -> nukes of Gallia, that should be a nice threat.

Blog Entries
    NP nukes
    ...whoa. Dude. Crazy awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In the case of a ZnT crossover, I find an OC immensely more palatable.

Your writing is always a treat. Sentence flow, grammar, spelling, and narrative drive are all uniformly excellent. Dialogue keeps me interested and engaged.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Buddy, what kind of epic Druid were you running? Oh yes, that's right. One without Epic Spellcasting. You should be throwing out crazy-pimped epic spells making you immune to everything at the very least.
    Spellcasting wise, he literally just hit epic level. And Epic Spellcasting would require four or five of them to be really useful. As for the actual Epic Spells - the system for them never made any damned sense at all.

But yes, he does have Immunity to Energy - won't help him much against the five dozen +10 swords that Gil launches his way, though.

Quote Originally Posted by alfheimwanderer View Post
    Tabitha is an interesting case. On one hand, she is Kirche's friend, but on the other, she's also a spy/black ops agent of King Joseph of Gallia, so she could go either way depending on orders. Kirche is somewhat dependent on mood or reason for allying with Louise, and Louise...well, she does have to get both a Founder's Ring and Founder's Artifact to gain any spells.

On the note of Tiffania, she cannot revive the dead with Void power. She can use the Ancient Water Magic ring she has to bring people back from what is pretty much the verge of death/freshly dead, but that's a one-shot ability if you use it that far. Otherwise, she's better with basic healing/treatment and memory modification.

Some of the Void Magic spells do include Teleport, Portal (teleport portal for groups - within a world), World Door (interdimensional transport) though, so that could be interesting if they learn them..
    See - while I am trying to catch up on the plot as quick as I can, don't assume it'll be identical . . . They may not always have the backup they should.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Eveonder's Avatar
    I'll recommend the clown magus from the mooncell.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    See - while I am trying to catch up on the plot as quick as I can, don't assume it'll be identical . . . They may not always have the backup they should.
    Well, that's what I'm here for. Feel free to use me as a resource.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Fun Fact: There is a pre-existing ZnT/[Prototype] crossover named Unfamiliar.

Weird coincidence is weird.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Inugami's Avatar
    I might have been jealous that Garm didn't get summoned...

But that would mean I'd have to write this fic, I'd have to finish actually introducing Garm (which WILL happen, eventually!), the druid is actually human and thus preserves the "summons a human" aspect...

And he talks, which Garm doesn't do.

Though it would have been more even with the original setting, in so far as Kurai is stronger and more skilled than Garm. Probably smarter, too.

Of course, now that I realize that, I have to wonder if I should be jealous about it.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I must not've put that in yet - Kurai, when he thinks about it, will figure Garm is too attached to his current pack to accept another Master, and an animal was preferred, which is why Ilya didn't send Saber or Rider - you know, the actual Servants - to do this.

And I wouldn't say he's stronger, necessarily. More skilled, yes - in that Kurai is capable of doing more, having a more varied skill set - but Garm is more in-tune with the natural laws of their (current) home universe, whereas Kurai has to adapt - and occasionally seems vastly underpowered for it, because of that. As for smarter, I figured they were about even - Kurai's just better educated, because he cares about that sort of thing.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle B.B. Rain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.B. Rain View Post
    How so?
    While I was typing my expanion of the setting (or at least my perception of it) to fuel the discussion that would influence you, you responded with your opinion and facts about your personal character...which sort of trumps mine.

Also, yes, there is a super-golem. That much I know, even if my grasp of the specifics is fuzzy. Probably should ask alfheimwanderer about that, they seem to know quite a bit about this. Speaking of...

...whoa. There's a nuclear missile sub in Romalia? And Galia's got nukes, too? Mind=blown.

Tiffania's got a Water Ring? Is that like the necromancy ring? I'm assuming it isn't the same ring.

Well, the super golem is only super against magic

Against explosive damage it wasn't that super.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Oh, I must not've put that in yet - Kurai, when he thinks about it, will figure Garm is too attached to his current pack to accept another Master
    Yeah, that would be the other thing. Garm had a traumatizing experience with a mage that managed to enslave him. Still bears the scars.

He'll help just about anyone, but he'd never accept being Louise's familiar. Simply too much friction.

and an animal was preferred, which is why Ilya didn't send Saber or Rider - you know, the actual Servants - to do this.
    Or rather, someone who looks like an animal most of the time. Also, sending Rider into a school of hormonal teenagers, as the familiar of a girl insecure about her body as well as her magic... Not the best combination.

DnD Dragon or Breath of Fire Dragon Arturia, on the other hand... Louise would get the majestic and powerful flying beast she wanted, and Sylphid would get another Big Sister.

Arturia's appetite combined with her larger form would absolutely ruin the school, though.

On the plus side, neither of them are likely to pick up female suitors, with the possible exception of Kirche and a few unnamed schoolgirls.

And I wouldn't say he's stronger, necessarily.
    Physically, they seem about equal (though I don't really don't understand the scale of Kurai's attributes), and magically Garm is a only adept at fire magic, and pretty much only fire magic. Unless I decide that he's puzzled out a lot more spells and disciplines than that without any formal training. Maybe taught some things by the guy who caught him.

More skilled, yes - in that Kurai is capable of doing more, having a more varied skill set - but Garm is more in-tune with the natural laws of their (current) home universe, whereas Kurai has to adapt - and occasionally seems vastly underpowered for it, because of that.
    One's a Caster, the other's an Assassin.

But I think the Caster is a better Saber than the Assassin is a Caster. Garm is probably beat out on the multiclassing/cross-training front.

As for smarter, I figured they were about even - Kurai's just better educated, because he cares about that sort of thing.
    Yes, I was simplifying the matter of smarts and education.

Speaking of smarts, is Kurai planning ahead on how to hook the various girls up with any promising boys that crop up? I haven't actually finished reading yet, but it seems like a plan he should be hatching.

Granted, he may have to do something to shape up some of those boys, but the effort would be worth the pain avoided.

Romantic Prospects
    * Kirche is a lost cause, because she's not interested in a stable relationship... but Colbert is your best bet there, as he'd be willing and able to resist her long enough that she might settle for settling down.
    * Montmorency has Guiche.
    * Managing to keep Prince Wales from getting murdered, or preventing the king of Germania from calling off the engagement, would cover Henrietta... though we don't know whether the king is a worthy sort or not who would make her happy.
    * By avoiding Siesta's crush (an easy thing to do, in this wolfy case), she's left out of the romantic game if not the whole story, and might find a nice commoner man among the serving staff or back at home. One might have to ward off an over-eager noble boy or man, though.
    * That pretty much leaves Louise and Tabitha.
    * For Louise, Wardes might work, if you manage to keep him from succeeding at murder. I've read that he doesn't die in the original light novels, and instead travels around with Foquet researching information on the Void users and their familiars. Maybe he can be reformed?
    * For Tabitha, I got nothin'. But whoever it is, he's gonna have to be a special sunnovabitch.

That was it. Louise spun around behind her and lunged for her wand, before whirling back with a snarl -

Louise panted for a moment, before snapping, “Stupid Kirche.”

“I wouldn’t worry too much about it, Mistress,” Kurai said calmly.
    Wait, what happened here?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Inugami View Post
    Wait, what happened here?
    Oops - fixed it, thanks.

Speaking of smarts, is Kurai planning ahead on how to hook the various girls up with any promising boys that crop up? I haven't actually finished reading yet, but it seems like a plan he should be hatching.

Granted, he may have to do something to shape up some of those boys, but the effort would be worth the pain avoided.
    Good practice for the girls around the office, I suppose.

Romantic Prospects

* Kirche is a lost cause, because she's not interested in a stable relationship... but Colbert is your best bet there, as he'd be willing and able to resist her long enough that she might settle for settling down.
    * Montmorency has Guiche.
    * Managing to keep Prince Wales from getting murdered, or preventing the king of Germania from calling off the engagement, would cover Henrietta... though we don't know whether the king is a worthy sort or not who would make her happy.
    I don't know yet, either - but Wales is her first cousin in addition to being her first love, so there's a taboo there. I'm half-tempted to have him die and Kurai attempt to reincarnate him - it might be worth a few laughs, if nothing else. And Henrietta could potentially get the man she wants.

* By avoiding Siesta's crush (an easy thing to do, in this wolfy case), she's left out of the romantic game if not the whole story, and might find a nice commoner man among the serving staff or back at home. One might have to ward off an over-eager noble boy or man, though.

* That pretty much leaves Louise and Tabitha.

* For Louise, Wardes might work, if you manage to keep him from succeeding at murder. I've read that he doesn't die in the original light novels, and instead travels around with Foquet researching information on the Void users and their familiars. Maybe he can be reformed?
    Personally, I'm leaning towards "deformed," myself. Under a hail of terrible blows, or eviscerating cuts. I understand there's a Romallian knight later on, though.

* For Tabitha, I got nothin'. But whoever it is, he's gonna have to be a special sunnovabitch
    Amen.

Next chapter's half-done, will hopefully be up soon.
    Last edited by Kieran; May 11th, 2011 at 10:38 PM.

The romalian knight is Julio Cesare. A pretty boy who is really good with beasts and animals. In the original series Saito gets pretty jealous of Julio, because he likes to flirt with anything that moves and has curves (or, in Louise case, even if it hasn't got any curves but is still a female xD)

Walles is a good guy, I regreted his death, but Wardes is a son of a bitch that deserves whatever happens to him. And he is like 15 to 20 years older than Louise.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Eveonder's Avatar
    Julio Cesare might just be Vindalfr .... or was I wrong?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eveonder View Post
    Julio Cesare might just be Vindalfr .... or was I wrong?
    You're not wrong, if you're going according to canon.

And as for Wales. Good riddance to him and the rest of the Albionian Royal family (except for Tiffania).

For best effect, have Fouquet kill him, since it was Wales' father who ordered the destruction of her family and lands, all because they had loyally served the Archduke of Albion, who James I felt like killing.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; April 30th, 2011 at 11:47 PM.