Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 24646972737475767984 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1818

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra discussion thread

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Mako not being smart about enforcing justice, Lin being played for a chump. Republic City's finest, ladies and gentlemen.
    Yeah... perhaps it's better to just ignore this subplot.

Expected Unalaq to be so driven to be callous to his kids. So a predictable Heel Face Turn, and confirmed taking orders from Vaatu.
    After all, he didn't seem to care much about who her only daughter was going to marry. And yay Esna and Deska switching for the good guys' side.

Hope it's not him doing it for the evulz but sincerely believing that there is some benefit of causing Harmonic Convergence (re-fuse Raava and Vaatu and release every spirit back into the human world?)
    I dunno, maybe it would be better for the evulz (although it seems unlikely). I mean, what do you expect from the spirit of darkness? At least Wan was tricked into aiding him.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I'd expect a lot more devious manipulation. Unalaq is shown to have such a spirit boner that he seems convinced that his way is the right way, and screw y'all for being in charge and not getting anything right.

I can see him being convinced by Vaatu that completely divorcing the spirits from the human world has cost us something valuable and that things should have gone back to how it was ie. spirits everywhere and Vaatu and Raava back into their previous cycle (lol if you actually believe Vaatu would willingly go back to that).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    And yay Esna and Deska switching for the good guys' side.
    About the only reaction that moment got from me was "Oh, hey, Desna and Eska showed human emotions!" Otherwise I really don't care about whether or not they join the good guys, because we've had no focus or development on them all season.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    lol.

I only care about them because I happen to like Eska. Plus yeah, they showed emotions, against their abusive father. An happy ending would be welcomed.

(now, if only we could do something about their back problems...)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't really be surprised or upset if we didn't see them in any great capacity for the rest of the season.

Levy is not impressed.

Eco Rider!

Blog Entries
    I used to like Eska. Now I just really don't care because even the humor of her going nuts over Bolin is gone.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    But now Bolin is far, far away and the twins have problems keeping up with dad's pace. Who knows what the future will bring?

Blog Entries
    I find the twins both pretty boring one note characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    Like about half the cast?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    hmm, pretty much but some of them aren't that boring. I miss the first show.
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    They are.

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    They're more irritating than boring IMO, because of the aforementioned idiot ball.

However what I find funny is, what grated me more in the last episode wasn't the idiot ball, but Jinora being "spiritually more predisposed" to talking to spirits, because genes (?) (although I totally like her, she's so cute). Weird, I know.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    I don't find them boring.....though there are certain times that I want to CHOKE some of them. Really....

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    This fandom has become so jaded.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    However what I find funny is, what grated me more in the last episode wasn't the idiot ball, but Jinora being "spiritually more predisposed" to talking to spirits, because genes (?) (although I totally like her, she's so cute). Weird, I know.
    Jinora can see spirits because Wan's statue zapped her on the solstice.

I like how, even though Varric is evil, he apparently really is as weird as he normally acts, since he goes right back to walking on the coals after everyone else left.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    The difference between a villain and a successful entrepreneur is PR. :V

Blog Entries
    Varric has been one of the most entertaining characters this season

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    Varric has become the best part of season two.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    The difference between a villain and a successful entrepreneur is PR. :V
    Yep.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Varric has become the best part of season two.
    Agreed.

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    So, new episode. Kinda liked it. Very nice visuals, Studio Mir makes a comeback with great animation, callbacks to The Last Airbender, and there's even character development for Korra.

Spoiler:
    Also, Iroh is back, and he's just as awesome as ever.

A lot of this episode's quality comes from only following Korra and Jinora, and resisting the urge to constantly cut to Republic City. It let's the character arc proceed smoothly and really keeps the audience focused on the important stuff.

Despite that, the episode still seemed to run out of time as the climax feels very rushed. You're getting to the point where can kind of guess what's about to happen at the end and then boom, boom, boom. Everything that this whole season has been building up goes down within the space of about two minutes. There's no real time to let the gravitas ride the high it's on.

It was still a pretty good episode overall. Now, we're getting into some heavy stuff since

Spoiler:
    Korra was just forced to open the second portal and Jinora has been kidnapped by Unalaq and trapped in the Spirit World. Just to compound matters, the moment Korra gets out, guess who's asking where his daughter is?