Page 2893 of 3745 FirstFirst ... 1893239327932843288328882891289228932894289528982903294329933393 ... LastLast
Results 57,841 to 57,860 of 74889

Thread: UBW Anime - ufotable's virtue is in a state of quantum uncertainty

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    I wouldn't call it hypermasculinity because he's not doing any of it 'cause he's a man' or 'wants to be a man', he does it cause of the fire 10 years ago and cause Kiritsugu gave him a mission. If kiritsugu had been a woman he'd have jumped on the Hero of Justice train just as eagerly.

How is this even about rejecting such a premise anyway? His goal remains unchanged by the end.
    But look at how manly Archer is! He has his own meme made for his hypermasculinity!
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't call it hypermasculinity because he's not doing any of it 'cause he's a man' or 'wants to be a man', he does it cause of the fire 10 years ago and cause Kiritsugu gave him a mission. If kiritsugu had been a woman he'd have jumped on the Hero of Justice train just as eagerly.

How is this even about rejecting such a premise anyway? His goal remains unchanged by the end.
    Pantomime Test!

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Pantomime Test!
    Nani?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    "FAKER"
    the whole faker line is gonna make anime only people go "wtf" too since it's just so out of nowhere and never gets elaborated on

like if i saw that i'd think "aha big G knows that archer has yet another plan, he doesnt REALLY want to kill shirou" or something like that
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah it was bad, so gj Ufo. Though I could never blame Gil or Shinji for any failure of the show because they've been beyond excellent so far.

Unpromised Victory, isn't it sad? CG-3m1y4's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Only Shinji stays consistently good. Gil is nothing but derp everytime he appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by My F/GO Collab Dream Never

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sorry but he absolutely rocked every scene he's been in so far.

- - - Updated - - -

He even saved ep 15 from being a boring flashback shitshow.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Was the sunset ever directly shown in the VN? I know the sky is always bathed in light like during a sunset, but I don't think a direct source of light was wver seen in the VN. Now in all the UBW made by ufo has Archer always looking at the sunet in the distance.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    the whole faker line is gonna make anime only people go "wtf" too since it's just so out of nowhere and never gets elaborated on

like if i saw that i'd think "aha big G knows that archer has yet another plan, he doesnt REALLY want to kill shirou" or something like that
    If I was an anime-only watcher I'd probably assume it's Gilgamesh telling Archer that his bluff sucked.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Nani?
    It's one of those fiction tests that gives you a hint as to whether a piece is "sexist." If you switch the genders of a given character and the plot doesn't change, you're good.

Hell, UBW-Shirou is doubly good since Rin's probably bisexual.

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't they elaborate on the whole 'faker' thing later, anyway?

Also, Christemo, that's really strong venom you have regarding episode 18. I know you've been negative about the show before, but that is still stronk. It feels like half your complaints may be addressed in the BD anyway, so feel free to chill some anytime dude.

------

I actually liked this episode pretty well, and thought nothing of the CG quality or 'MUH SWORD RAIN' or whatever until I came into this thread. The particularly negative reactions startled me, and even going back and revisiting some moments, there's still some criticism that I don't get. (I think some may have complained of poor animation overall and derpy faces. Don't remember any derpy faces in episode 18.) After being so used to Caster's dragon tooth minions and water skeletons when thinking of "ufotable CG," I thought UBW was cool enough, but eh. I expect it to be cool/cooler for the blu-ray.
    (old FGO USA accounts still being listed here for some reason)
    Spoiler:
    1st Ever Account: feat. Waver & Herc)
    (Currently waiting to be Recovered from Space)
    User ID: 096,380,356

Strategic Account: Waver, Carmilla, Atalante, Kaleidoscope

User ID: 744,854,542

(Helpful Explanation on How a Mongrel beat a King in UBW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John D. Pliskin View Post

Also, Christemo, that's really strong venom you have regarding episode 18. I know you've been negative about the show before, but that is still stronk. It feels like half your complaints may be addressed in the BD anyway, so feel free to chill some anytime dude.

------

I actually liked this episode pretty well, and thought nothing of the CG quality or 'MUH SWORD RAIN' or whatever until I came into this thread. The particularly negative reactions startled me, and even going back and revisiting some moments, there's still some criticism that I don't get. (I think some may have complained of poor animation overall and derpy faces. Don't remember any derpy faces in episode 18.) After being so used to Caster's dragon tooth minions and water skeletons when thinking of "ufotable CG," I thought UBW was cool enough, but eh. I expect it to be cool/cooler for the blu-ray.

It might be just a difference in opinion.
    I'm not particularly annoyed by this episode either.

Blog Entries
    ...Sort of? It's not exactly a complex term.

"Well, do you understand now? That is the strength of the real thing.
    No matter how well you imitate its shape and power, it is still only an imitation. It does not even approach the radiance of the real ones.

I cannot even stand to look at a counterfeit that a faker has created.
    You piece of trash. You have nothing real within you.
    An imitation made by copying people should be turned into junk."
    - - - Updated - - -

It would be hilarious if there was a Japanese League of Legends fan who had no idea Faker is an english word and got really confused watching the episode though.
    Last edited by Siriel; May 10th, 2015 at 03:19 AM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    "G-guys, they'll fix the bad things if you pay them 400$" sounds like a really bad argument to me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ok now that I'm actually watching this instead of parroting what smart people are saying, lets get to my list of complaints and why I just bumped this from a 4 to a 3 on my MAL:

Archer uses the term King of Knights, which might be fanservice to the Zero-people but any newcomer is probably utterly confused just as with the "Why didn't Kuzuki bop Saber on the head again after he kicked her shit in?" situation.

The first literally seven minutes or so are just as stale as in the VN. That's not entirely ufo's fault, but I think they could've changed it so that it was a bit less sluggish. They have way too much time left anyway, so they could afford experimenting. It's not like it can get much worse.

Cutting out 80% of the UBW chant the only time we hear Archer do it is just a a a a a a a h why. I actually really dont like Archer but it's like his most iconic moment cmon ufo I don't need more of you showing Saber with her dumb-ass ponytail instead.

also C H R I S T UBW is worse than I expected. And then his lines are changed so that we dont actually find out that he doesn't really have a NP. All the swords he summons to rain on team good guys literally look like colorless, upsized Black Keys.

Going with the DEEN approach of "IM JUST GONNA HIT ALL YOUR SWORDS AWAY" is bad, and ufo should feel bad. The straight-up cancellation of the RM in the VN was much superior, especially it gave a sense of utter "WTF?" the first time you read it. It could've easily been translated into an animated format. This just looked like Archer's RM was so unstable that by breaking 3 swords from it caused it to fall apart.

Shirou's "I'm tired of your bullshit" spiel was actually pretty decent, though subs probably mangled it so GJ there crunchy.

Archer's flashback with uninteresting Rin exposition and blatant, unsubtle symbolism reeked too much of the very "MUH PTSD" that was wholly unconvincing in season 1.

Shinji is luckily here to save the show by warning EMIYA that he has MLG credentials and can easily block the halberd of a B-rank STR homunculus with one hand.

"FAKER"

a a a a a a a h saber's back to her even worse hair. Sidetie-braid-bun-ass shit never looked good and it never will.

So yeah not even Heroic Spirit SHINJI and Gilgamesh can save this mess at this rate.

I should just pray for my lord and savior Mercurius at this rate and hope Dies Irae wont take 8 years to be produced.
    ehh everyone calls Saber King of Knights

Archer only said the two lines in the VN as well... Hm maybe thats why it crumbled faster?

We came to the conclusion that since both adaptions did it this way nd with Nasu approving on the sidelines, it was probably supposed to be like this in the fist place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post

They'll just think he said "fuckaaaa"

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Yeah that occurred to me too, it might be that Nasu actually liked the way DEEN did it the first time and basically made it canon, just like with Overedge.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That or it was supposed to be just tracing and blocking in the first place, as we discussed a few pages ago the way its worded is pretty ambigious and could, instead of 'imma try swordraining just like that" just as well mean "imma make the same swords just like in that swordrain"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I actually want to address this "They'll fix it in the BD release" thing that Inu and John seem to think is some kind of reasonable excuse for putting out a bad product.

Lets use an example from a business that suffers from the exact same problem: Video games. Ufotable are releasing something that's more and more obviously an incomplete product and are hiding the actual complete product, which is still of dubious quality, behind a paywall of 400$ per season. Basically they're shaving off bits of a finished game and marketing it as DLC that was on the disc/in the files the whole time.

It's technically a good market strategy because its the ultimate form of nerdbait but holy shit is it bad conduct towards fans.

Personally, I like the way Prillya does sword bullet countering.

Prillya Spoilers Ahoy
    Quick-speed projection to smash with the sword bullets while using two swords to block whatever gets through. Less emphasis on sword bullets punching each out other and a better portrayal of Shirou being on the defensive.

598,535,004 (NA)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I actually want to address this "They'll fix it in the BD release" thing that Inu and John seem to think is some kind of reasonable excuse for putting out a bad product.

Lets use an example from a business that suffers from the exact same problem: Video games. Ufotable are releasing something that's more and more obviously an incomplete product and are hiding the actual complete product, which is still of dubious quality, behind a zpaywall of 400$ per season. Basically they're shaving off bits of a finished game and marketing it as DLC that was on the disc/in the files the whole time.

It's technically a good market strategy because its the ultimate form of nerdbait but holy shit is it bad conduct towards fans.
    This simile doesnt really work, as the TV anime is not the product they're getting any money from; in fact, the anime studios are paying the programs to let them air their anime, not the other way around. FRom a businesscstanspoint, a TV broadcast of an anime is basically a glorified commercial. If you're using the videogame analogue, then the TV broadcast is a Demo, the BD the finished game, and goods and merchandise the DLC.