Page 1061 of 3745 FirstFirst ... 6156196110111051105610591060106110621063106610711111116115612061 ... LastLast
Results 21,201 to 21,220 of 74889

Thread: UBW Anime - ufotable's virtue is in a state of quantum uncertainty

Blog Entries
    I actually agree on the iffy part, its just a better metric then what else is available. for example, while the BL polls might be a decent representation of the english fans, type moon wont really care about our opinions as we are not the people they are interested in. the best case scenario would be a route popularity poll done by type moon since we could be assured they would have sampled their target audience.

lacking that, I move to the popularity poll since it was still done by type moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Ah, i get it now.
    Still, with only two routes being animatable so far, no matter what route wouldve been chosen, 1/3 would have been dissappointed.
    They knew they couldnt make everyone happy, but they tried.
    And that is beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korburss View Post
    Frank you Franco and the Franking pun of bull you rode in on.

One true OTP...

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I actually agree on the iffy part, its just a better metric then what else is available. for example, while the BL polls might be a decent representation of the english fans, type moon wont really care about our opinions as we are not the people they are interested in. the best case scenario would be a route popularity poll done by type moon since we could be assured they would have sampled their target audience.

lacking that, I move to the popularity poll since it was still done by type moon.
    Hmm if we see it from that perspective, maybe that's also another reason why they did UBW. While saber is clearly the type moon poster girl, both rin archer also has quite a number of support. Maybe they chose the route that feature those two a lot aside from just saber to cater to more people?

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

It causes clashes of interest though, since it was an all-around Type Moon popularity poll. People who would've otherwised voted for this and that might have voted for like, Aozaki and stuff, which isn't even marginally related to the F/SN route discussion.

That's why the only thing that actually works is a poll with Fate/UBW/HF.

We can't really draw any solid conclusions in regards to the route popularity poll from the character popularity poll.

Blog Entries
    I am not sure you are arguing or not. its phrased like it is, but this

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post

We can't really draw any solid conclusions in regards to the route popularity poll from the character popularity poll.
    is just restating what I said.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Then bringing it up was pointless.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    Hmm if we see it from that perspective, maybe that's also another reason why they did UBW. While saber is clearly the type moon poster girl, both rin archer also has quite a number of support. Maybe they chose the route that feature those two a lot aside from just saber to cater to more people?

thats entirely reasonable. they are a business after all. the decision making process might well have been as simple as they simply chose the route with the highest number of people that scored well.

- - - Updated - - -

Then bringing it up was pointless.
    no it wasnt, their is a difference between something that proves something, and something that gives useful information. the character polls due not lead to a solid conclusion, this is correct. they do however, give evidence. If what you meant to say was they are not valid in anyway shape or form, then that would be a different statement, and an all together incorrect one, I might add.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't call it useful information in terms of solving our query, because on its lonesome, I cannot give us the answer we desire.

It really only gives us the answer as to what Type-Moon character are the most popular, as is its purpose.

Drawing any other conclusions from it is impossible without cross-refrence.

The question shouldn't be "why UBW?". UBW should be getting a good adaption, along with HF, along with Fate. There's no reason to say why any should be compromised. They are all apart of the bones that make up Fate Stay Night, and they all deserve a better adaption than what they had previously gotten.
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; July 30th, 2014 at 09:31 AM.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I wouldn't call it useful information in terms of solving our query, because on its lonesome, I cannot give us the answer we desire.

It really only gives us the answer as to what Type-Moon character are the most popular, as is its purpose.

Drawing any other conclusions from it is impossible without cross-refrence.
    While it does not answer the question of route popularity and will never be the answer for that question, it can still be used as useful information on what route would be good for them to pick.

From a businesses standpoint aside from the anime itself they most likely also thought of about other possible income like merchandise, and individual character popularity would play a good part in merchandise sales because the important characters of the route would probably get more merchandice. That could be something that tipped the favor for the route they were going to pick.

But i'm just speculating here.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    While it does not answer the question of route popularity and will never be the answer for that question, it can still be used as useful information on what route would be good for them to pick.

From a businesses standpoint aside from the anime itself they most likely also thought of about other possible income like merchandise, and individual character popularity would play a good part in merchandise sales because the important characters of the route would probably get more merchandice. That could be something that tipped the favor for the route they were going to pick.

But i'm just speculating here.
    That wasn't what started the discussion.

The question was: Is Fate the least popular route?

Blog Entries

this is a case where letting the perfect be the enemy of the good is a terrible idea (as it usually is, of course)

BL, and really any poll which is voted on primarily by English speaking groups because they are not the group type moon is producing content for. The type moon character polls are actually using that audience.

just knowing "these are the groups that type moon's self identified target audiences like to see" gives some useful data for forming theories, since the one and only alternative here that isn't an educated guess would be a completely uneducated one based on steven colbert's truthiness.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    I'd like them to do one, an improved one from the VN(as i'm sure UBW and HF will also be improved from the VN), so i'd like to see no fate route stuff. But that's my small wish. They might just write fate out of existence entirely on the assumption that the UBW stuff is enough for Saber. It felt like a punch in the gut having it not been announced with the others. So i hope they dont think like that.
    Just wait a while, you'll get your pandering, it's happened before, you got LE, didn't you? So get off your high horse and rejoice with the rest of us, I'm certain you'll get your adaptation eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    this is a case where letting the perfect be the enemy of the good is a terrible idea (as it usually is, of course)

BL, and really any poll which is voted on primarily by English speaking groups because they are not the group type moon is producing content for. The type moon character polls are actually using that audience.

just knowing "these are the groups that type moon's self identified target audiences like to see" gives some useful data for forming theories, since the one and only alternative here that isn't an educated guess would be a completely uneducated one based on steven colbert's truthiness.
    Give me your educated guess.

Spoiler:

How can anyone be against the route that has THIS gem

One true OTP...

Quote Originally Posted by Bdoom View Post
    Just wait a while, you'll get your pandering, it's happened before, you got LE, didn't you? So get off your high horse and rejoice with the rest of us, I'm certain you'll get your adaptation eventually.
    I'm rejoicing as much as i can given the circumstances, believe me you. I'm actively attempting to participate in the discussion here. I could be like jack and just shut myself out from everything. But i decided i wasn't gonna do that because its a long way towards these adaptions, and i want to genuinely try to enjoy myself when the time comes, even though its a bitter pill to swallow

Blog Entries
    Give me your educated guess.
    well lets see, if we were talking about why UBW was chosen for the anime based on the poll...

looking over it I note archer was the top of the male poll, the next place at number three is Gilgamesh. the highest females were saber at first with rin at third, the next fate placement was naturally enough sakura at 6th.

if I were putting that together, I would have pitched UBW to, since rin's role in fate was muted and archer, while he did have a nice ending, wasn't exactly a break out either. on the HF side, even if you count saber alter in HF (I dont, but lets avoid personal feelings) you still dont see really large role for either the number one or number three male role, UBW however hits the highmarks on every part of the character poll, making it an excellent fit.

If you mean which do I think is the most popular route based on the poll, that would depend on how rin's numbers plus Archer's compared to sabers. If they were higher (my guess is they actually were but crunchyroll didn't list the exact vote tallies) I would guess UBW is the most popular, and vice versa if the reverse was true. a tie of course would indicate they were roughly equal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by francobull3 View Post
    Spoiler:

How can anyone be against the route that has THIS gem
    On the list of things I want to be in the UBW ufotable anime, this is definitely near the top if not the top.

Blog Entries
    heh, I love that scene. Rin having a total brain freeze while lancer and shirou casually chat about it is the best part. She is just standing there flabbergasted

Quote Originally Posted by Fakessassin View Post
    On the list of things I want to be in the UBW ufotable anime, this is definitely near the top if not the top.
    Hehe, neglecting Lancer's antics in an UBW anime would be as sever as denying us Kirei shenanigans in the HF movie...
    If such a thing happens, people will be killed, and they will die because of that.

One true OTP...