Page 1059 of 3745 FirstFirst ... 5955995910091049105410571058105910601061106410691109115915592059 ... LastLast
Results 21,161 to 21,180 of 74889

Thread: UBW Anime - ufotable's virtue is in a state of quantum uncertainty

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    That's a meaningless comparison.

Better than the DEEN show can entail quite little.
    It's still pretty much among the highest, if not the most visually appealing animated series to air on television (of course this is all under the assumption that they maintain quality in the PV shown throughout but hey they managed to do that with KnK and F/Z, so why not this?)

Quote Originally Posted by Overwhelmed by Anime View Post
    Zero is actually better by virtue of not having the dumb route structure and anime SoL bullshit to need to work around tho, let's just agree on that
    Instead it just has a terrible Gen-original cast bar Kerry, Rider, and Kayneth.
    Last edited by orangetunes; July 30th, 2014 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    The VN does this too. It's called Fate route.
    No, it fucking doesn't. Even in the Fate route the VN beats you over the head with the fact that Shirou is a broken person as a result of extreme survivor's guilt. The DEEN anime fails to do so and instead glosses over very important aspects of his character. The basement scene, in particular, is horribly rushed and misses the point almost completely in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    DEEN gets hate because people are trying to out-fanboy each other. "Oh, I love the original so much, the adaptation sucks." "Oh yeah, well I think the adaptation was the worst thing that was ever made. So there."

It's just one of those things that people think is cool to say and repeat without actually thinking about it.
    Or maybe they just have a different opinion from you? And your attempts to discredit them merely by claiming bias instead of actually providing something in the way of counterarguments show that you're the one who has nothing thoughtful or intelligent to say.

The DEEN anime has a problem with pacing, as well as interpretation of scenes. Either the scene fails to accurately grasp the emotions that are given in the VN, or its rushed through so you loose the impact.

For example, the date scenario in the anime was a lot more awkward and stilted than the visual novel. You don't get the sense of Shirou's inner monologues at all, or Saber's nervousness. The argument at the end of the date doesn't accurately reflect that Saber is closing herself off in pursuit of her goals, and so feels very much like she's simply a callous person. It doesn't reflect Shirou's frustration at the situation either.

These things can be hard to encapsulate during animation to begin with, but DEEN in particular was off the mark in my personal opinion. Not just in this scene, but throughout the series, which gave me a different impression when i actually read through the Fate route myself afterward.

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    I just dont think Saber's route should be eliminated. Taking out 1/3 of the story supposed to make anyone happy as a Saber fan? Especially one who likes SaberXShirou. I'm going to keep on hoping they eventually one day come back to it, and in the meantime, enjoy the other animated routes. That's probably the only thing that'll keep me from getting pissed again.

As someone earlier said, they are still halfheartedly supporting the fate route by giving it out for free for a limited time on iOS and android, so they haven't abandoned fate route completely just yet
    I know it's probably just talking in circles at this point, enough so to make Risei Kotomine and Tokiomi Tohsaka proud, but...

Couldn't it work out that ufotable will do something Saber-oriented (backstory+subplot resolution) in this TV anime and still do some Fate route adaptation in the future? (Perhaps even a full blown OVA series, with Last Episode included?) Maybe Saber-centric inclusions in one production don't need to invalidate the premise of a separate Saber-centric production, and vice-versa. Maybe giving Saber more resolution in this UBW adaptation can work without doing actual disrespect for the Rin/Archer material, especially since Nasu is supervising this more closely and even scripting never-before-seen material. It'd be a tremendous shame in my eyes if Saber's arc/subplot as established by Zero, one of the highlights for me in that series, somehow found little-to-no resolution in the midst of a grand Fate/stay night reboot that, as far as we know, primarily cares about the routes not called Fate. (Maybe I'd give the iOS version of RN Fate some consideration if Takeuchi updated its visuals to match his current stylings and therefore more closely match the aesthetics of ufotable's productions.)

Would it make you feel better if the TV anime, though publicized as being UBW-centric, largely stuck with the catch-all title of "Fate/ stay night," like in the show's actual title card and production committee name and all? Maybe that could indicate, and prepare you for, whatever wiggle room ufotable will give themselves in adapting UBW.
    (old FGO USA accounts still being listed here for some reason)
    Spoiler:
    1st Ever Account: feat. Waver & Herc)
    (Currently waiting to be Recovered from Space)
    User ID: 096,380,356

Strategic Account: Waver, Carmilla, Atalante, Kaleidoscope

User ID: 744,854,542

(Helpful Explanation on How a Mongrel beat a King in UBW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    DEEN Shirou is terrible.

That say, I really wonder how Ufotable will do better. Although it is true in all VNs in some measure, FSN particularly relies a lot on us being inside Shirou's head to understand him and his actions, his motivations, etc. It is something very hard to translate to anime, and I'd really like to see what their take on this will be.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    (of course this is all under the assumption that they maintain quality in the PV shown throughout but hey they managed to do that with KnK and F/Z, so why not this?)
    Sadly, episode 11 still looked super wonky even after the BD fixes.

Instead it just has a terrible Gen-original cast bar Kerry, Rider, and Kayneth.
    Did you just call Rider terrible
    Did you just call Kayneth terrible
    :|
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru View Post
    Sadly, episode 11 still looked super wonky even after the BD fixes.

Did you just call Rider terrible
    Did you just call Kayneth terrible
    :|
    Fairly sure he said that everyone is terrible except those three.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Blog Entries
    Oh, I missed the "bar".
    Sorry about that, let me revise my statement.

Did you just call Kerry not terrible :|
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"

Quote Originally Posted by John D. Pliskin View Post
    I know it's probably just talking in circles at this point, enough so to make Risei Kotomine and Tokiomi Tohsaka proud, but...

Couldn't it work out that ufotable will do something Saber-oriented (backstory+subplot resolution) in this TV anime and still do some Fate route adaptation in the future? (Perhaps even a full blown OVA series, with Last Episode included?) Maybe Saber-centric inclusions in one production don't need to invalidate the premise of a separate Saber-centric production, and vice-versa.
    It would make me happy to agree with this in particular. But having watched the DEEN anime first based primarily on fate, and going back to the visual novel to read it...the Fate route was extremely barebones in general in comparison to the other routes. Many things i thought were simply part of the fate route in the anime were actually UBW and even some HF stuff adapted into the Fate route scenario..which i guess is to DEEN's credit that i didn't really see it out of place?

They would have to really make pains to redo Fate to make it a meaty story instead of just an introductory part of the visual novel that introduces a lot of the concepts and characters for the other two routes. And i don't know if Ufotable thinks that's worth it to do.

There are things in Fate that matter. SaberxShirou, last episode, the explanation of avalon, Saber and kiritsugu's role in the last war and how she destroyed the grail, Saber's entire past as well as one time forming caliburn. But while important, these things are not something that can't be ignored or waved away in favor of simply pushing Saber into the backround on the grounds that its not imperative for her to be someone important in the ufotable FSN projects.

This in particular is something i really really don't want to be confirmed by anyone, because that would just be a very shitty way of erasing Arturia, but its hard not to come to that conclusion with what was said during the livestream and what has been announced. I hope eventually some interviewer somewhere questions Nasu and Ufotable and Type Moon about what their intentions are in regards to Saber with these productions.

Maybe giving Saber more resolution in this UBW adaptation can work without doing actual disrespect for the Rin/Archer material, especially since Nasu is supervising this more closely and even scripting never-before-seen material. It'd be a tremendous shame in my eyes if Saber's arc/subplot as established by Zero, one of the highlights for me in that series, somehow found little-to-no resolution in the midst of a grand Fate/stay night reboot that, as far as we know, primarily cares about the routes not called Fate.
    I agree, it would indeed be a shame that Saber ended up being the only one with no real resolution or true happiness. But as Nasu said earlier this year, his general goal with this project is that its not tied to zero. Its a new telling of FSN, there is no obligation for Saber to be happy or get a real resolution to anything tied to FZ in the first place, or even in regards to the original Fate route. So, while it would be a disappointment, its not out of the question. Again, its very possible they simply decided that it wasn't necessary.

Would it make you feel better if the TV anime, though publicized as being UBW-centric, largely stuck with the catch-all title of "Fate/ stay night," like in the show's actual title card and production committee name and all? Maybe that could indicate, and prepare you for, whatever wiggle room ufotable will give themselves in adapting UBW.
    What exactly do you actually insist they could change about UBW to make it more accommodating to Fate or Saber fans? For me, its nothing outside of a balanced approach between Saber and Rin with each getting their character arcs detailed, that leads to the good ending of an enviable 3 way relationship. But that's not going to happen, because they are going to follow the true ending regardless of what happens. It is inevitable for Saber to be pushed into the background in this series on the basis of the fact that its UBW with the t ending and they don't want to break it.
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; July 30th, 2014 at 04:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    But as Nasu said earlier this year, his general goal with this project is that its not tied to zero. Its a new telling of FSN
    Isn't this different from (if not the opposite of) what Miura said?
    Now Loading...

The director originally made a statement which said people would "feel the connection to zero". In response to this, Nasu came out and said on his website that he is very clear with the ufotable staff that this is not a continuation of FZ, and the themes and things don't carry over. And that this was not supposed to be a continuation of Zero, but a new FSN, because FSN was written by him and FZ was written by Urobuchi, so they could not be taken as the same kind of work.

blue blue glass something something Pillzman's Avatar
    If I remember correctly, Miura said that, and some time after that Nasu came out and said he didn't want it to stand on Zero too much.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John D. Pliskin View Post
    I'm no stranger to seeing F/sn hate-ons from those who have only seen Fate/Zero first. Thing is, I've seen alot of mockery of the F/sn through the VN by itself, in a girl's twitch stream for others to join in on the mockery live, no-less. (Sadly, Mirror Moon's TL and several aspects of the Fate route itself-- the only route that's been streamed to completion, at least for now-- don't do it many favors...). Do a twitter hashtag search of #FateStayNope and you'll see some screencaps from said-stream.
    Sounds like fun. Can you link the stream?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What the fuck

I think I swore to hammer nails into my dick if the anjme wasnt fate so if you excuse me.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    What the fuck

I think I swore to hammer nails into my dick if the anjme wasnt fate so if you excuse me.
    It only counts if you upload video proof of it.

quotes

What the fuck

Do you live under a rock

Also pics please.

Edit of justice: Guys he said anjme and since no anjme has been announced then his swear goes null, what a genius.
    Last edited by Pillzman; July 30th, 2014 at 05:07 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    What the fuck

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillzman View Post
    Do you live under a rock
    He's been in Japan and away from his neckbeard cavern.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    He's been in Japan and away from his neckbeard cavern.
    Damn I want to find the way out of my neckbeard cavern. Help please.

Blog Entries
    What the fuck

Would be a shame if you were around the place that ufotable did the livestream in and didn't know about it. Unless it was some special VIP-only event.