Page 1086 of 3745 FirstFirst ... 8658698610361076108110841085108610871088109110961136118615862086 ... LastLast
Results 21,701 to 21,720 of 74889

Thread: UBW Anime - ufotable's virtue is in a state of quantum uncertainty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    And how will saber stay with her own power exactly?
    Basement orphans are always an option.

If you're willing to ignore Saber's personality ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Basement orphans are always an option.

If you're willing to ignore Saber's personality ofc.
    Saber's personality? She had one of those?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Are you implying that Continuation of the Dream was bad?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Are you implying that Continuation of the Dream was bad?
    Personally when i first saw it in the anime, i thought it was a garbage end that just happened and then that's all it was with no payoff or anything. I didn't think it was bittersweet, i thought it was a copout the same way i thought the true end of Arc's route in Tsukihime was when i first witnessed it(although that was in the JC staff abomination, and they implied she was dead not sleeping).

BUT! BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT!

When i went back and read the VN, and actually went through the Fate route myself, i was actually getting attached to the characters, and i did get choked up at Continuation of the Dream.

I actually enjoyed Fate route in the VN and thought it was actually a good read(not nearly as much as the other routes however), as opposed to the anime where i thought it was mediocre to average.

I was even more thrilled when i found Last episode at the very end because i thought it tied everything up even better which is why i prefer it to just COTD alone. But i did enjoy continuation of the dream by itself in the VN either way.

My main point, is that you can't compare COTD and EOD because we actually see Saber's emotional build up in the Fate route. We see her coming to terms with her situation, her development and all that stuff before the end, with help from Shirou. It makes it actually work when she accepts things in the end with a smile and fades away.

WHich is the exact opposite of what i feel of EOD in the UBW scenario. If your going full on UBW Rin route with no deviations, with the choices you make, Saber barely gets any development of her own, and hardly any real screen time to start outside of mandatory story things that come off as half baked.

And then she just disappears with a brief monologue about how its not her place to be a third wheel even though she can stay if she wanted to with a bit more effort, and how she actually did want to, but was not close enough to Shirou for that. It makes sense for the VN, its a true Rin end, not Saber end after all, so she's going to get shafted like that.

But if your going for a new UBW scenario with no Fate route planned, and its called Fate Stay Night, and is supposed to be a clear lead in from FZ, having that heroine get a compromise of finding happiness and a new life as imparted to in FZ, i think it would be the best scenario they could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakessassin View Post
    He does though, Inuhanyou prefers an ending where Saber stays with Shirou after the Grail War.

Which doesn't really work, cause she kinda has to die first. Or get whisked away by Avalon in this case.
    No, that's not me, that's Jack. I don't mind her dying at all, she's supposed to after all, that's her fate. But in this situation specifically of the new anime, i changed my mind. Have her life out her days on earth, disappear when Rin dies, and then go back to the hill and die. She can stay and manage the house when Shirou and Rin go to london or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    Inu, servants staying around after the war is dumb
    I dunno..i could get used to Rider around my house any day...
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; August 1st, 2014 at 04:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    Then why do you want her to stay in the first place if literally all it changes is saber gets to hang out with sakura?

SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdoom View Post
    Then why do you want her to stay in the first place if literally all it changes is saber gets to hang out with sakura?
    Because optimally, along with the rin stuff, Saber wiould actually have a bit of development and emotional ties to the other characters going through the story?

Some happiness about being a girl and a teen and having friends and a life like was denied to her initially maybe?

I think she can find a reason to want to stay with Rin and Shirou besides romance. If they can foster a strong enough bond where she wants to see where they go and protect them, and stay with them to the point she would put in the effort to stay on earth, it would be fine for me.

I don't think with EOD with all Rin choices is enough. Saber disappearing like that is only acceptable with the development she had in Fate IMO. Otherwise its just rushed not believable that she would be perfectly content in my opinion
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; August 1st, 2014 at 04:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    But if she felt like that, wanting to protect them and watch them so much that she chooses to stay; why in the world would she get left behind in Fuyuki when Rin and Shirou go to London?

I don't think with EOD with all Rin choices is enough. Saber disappearing like that is only acceptable with the development she had in Fate IMO. Otherwise its just rushed not believable that she would be perfectly content in my opinion
    Why does it "only work with the development she had in fate", if you don't mind me asking?
    Last edited by SINIB; August 1st, 2014 at 04:12 PM.

But if she felt like that, wanting to protect them and watch them so much that she chooses to stay; why in the world would she get left behind in Fuyuki when Rin and Shirou go to London?
    Ok then she doesn't have to stay in fuyuki, have her accost random people in the streets of the UK like she's still the king and make for some great hilarious moments. Or she could just stay in the Dorm room with them while they get trained at the clock tower. It doesn't matter to me, as long as it happens.

Why does it "only work with the development she had in fate", if you don't mind me asking?
    For me personally, it may be because of her development. It was a much slower, much more developed process in the Fate route(of course it would be since its her route), that showed that she slowly became content with her situation throughout the course of events, what lead up to that, and why her choices were made after everything.

She understood why she was betrayed by Kiritsugu, her master actually knew her true name for one thing, and she even got some time to be a normal person for a day, and discover that her coveted grail that she chased all the way from FZ to that point was a lie, and she consciously made the decision to discard such a thing for something she considered even more important, while admitting that she had done nothing wrong to herself and made total peace with letting go of her foolish ideal of justice for her people.

All that junk...its a bit more than a small half minute scene after she blows up the grail because she's got to do it or bad things will happen, don't you think? Even if she can see the archer shirou connection, that brief looking over it, was hardly anything. And something i thought could never have realistically addressed her development.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlandmine View Post
    Oh wow. Just noticed that ufotable UBW poster is pretty much rehashed DEEN's

So that's why it's the only good looking promo from ufo.

Blog Entries
    Ok then she doesn't have to stay in fuyuki, have her accost random people in the streets of the UK like she's still the king and make for some great hilarious moments. Or she could just stay in the Dorm room with them while they get trained at the clock tower. It doesn't matter to me, as long as it happens.
    Why do you need it to happen, though? I like the idea of Saber staying and all, but I seriously don't see the reason for this, and frankly, dislike her as the third wheel anyway. The only reason I can think of is extreme Saber love.
    All that junk...its a bit more than a small half minute scene after she blows up the grail because she's got to do it or bad things will happen, don't you think? Even if she can see the archer shirou connection, that brief looking over it, was hardly anything. And something i thought could never have realistically addressed her development.
    They have 24-26 episodes,I'll eat my socks if there isn't any padding/filler. I seriously doubt that it would be a half minute scene. Saber doesn't need to be in the limelight all the time, the other heroines deserve it too. Saber(and her clones) don't need to be everywhere, like you seem to think.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
    So that's why it's the only good looking promo from ufo.
    shots fired
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Seeing something externally is easier to deal with than forcing yourself to look inward. Both in Fate and UBW Saber gets to look at someone just as broken as she is from the outside and gets that perspective on it, and in UBW the perspective even has the added bonus of "and this is the natural progression and conclusion" so her own conclusion isn't just because she witnesses Shirou and Archer's fight. She even points out in the good ending that leading up to that fight she's started to question her own stance and at least intuitively knows what's up there, so it's not like it was some bolt out of the blue.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Why do you need it to happen, though? I like the idea of Saber staying and all, but I seriously don't see the reason for this, and frankly, dislike her as the third wheel anyway. The only reason I can think of is extreme Saber love.
    i always found it jarring that she just up and decides to drop, without any more inquiry into the whole ideal business with shirou, especially after she found shirou so important she passed on trying to save rin who was her master

- - - Updated - - -

plus in terms of the writing it was given so little attention, it was practically a few sentences and that was it
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    I can see it, show a bit more of Saber's thoughts and after the Archer and Shirou fight, you could have a scene where Saber reflects on it and how it's similar to her situation. That way, you can show more of her development that came in UBW that was placed in the background and pad the show out.

Other than that, Saber has it pretty good in UBW. Her Master thinks that she's awesome, therefore she doesn't need to prove herself as much, resulting in a less strained beginning. Before getting owned by a school teacher, tortured by Caster, beaten up by a mana-less Archer and used as clean-up duty to destroy the Flesh Grail.
    Last edited by Fakessassin; August 1st, 2014 at 04:40 PM.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Fakessassin View Post
    I can see it, show a bit more of Saber's thoughts and after the Archer and Shirou fight, you could have a scene where Saber reflects on it and how it's similar to her situation. That way, you can show more of her development that came in UBW that was placed in the background and pad the show out.
    This is pretty much what i was thinking. Have saber reflect on herself while watching the archer shirou battle, and maybe talk it out more with shirou before going to the temple. So she'd already prepared and accepted it before going to the temple.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Blog Entries
    Exactly my point. It seems way easier to have her make her peace before the final scene, than to have her stay around just to stay around postwar, and I don't see a benefit of having her stay either.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    >Servants sticking around after the War

I hope people don't actually like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    >Servants sticking around after the War

I hope people don't actually like this.
    What, you have an issue with Gilgamesh?

Blog Entries
    It's crazy that the general opinion before the reveal was "the less saber the better" and know you are trying to fill every gap in UBW with exposition for her. sasuga BL.

Blog Entries
    Because we thought we'd get fate, or some variant thereof. With 24 episodes of ubw, I wouldn't mind them spendig some time on her.