Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsukihime Anime thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Rowanism's Avatar
    Then it would be the best anime ever made.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But it'd also be the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    In another universe, there are loads of anime and Shingetsutan Tsukihime is the best.

​Because it's set in the Far Side.
    And with KT as extra on BD.
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause: there's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life;

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Pop Quiz!
    Which one is more horrible? Fate anime series (and UBW movie) by DEEN? Fate Manga? or Tsukihime Anime?

TBH, Fate anime series at least introduced me to Tainaka Sachi and to Nasuverse... I remember the time before reading the VN that anime was quite decent somehow...

However, the non-existent tsukihime anime? I dropped after episode 4... Just can't watch it... just... CAN NOT
    Last edited by Tepanyakigo; February 2nd, 2014 at 04:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    It exists.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    FSN anime was OK. The parts it adapted straight were decent, and Archer vs Berserker was universally well received. The Caster mini-arc was pretty cancerous but at least it ended quick. Backporting the UBW Rider and Assassin fights wasn't a bad idea and it succeeded in making those characters more relevant without detracting from the big picture. The music was pretty good too. The voice actors added to the characterizations (honorable mentions: Kotomine, Saber, Gilgamesh really "owned" their characters), with the possible exception of Shirou (I was pretty puzzled by the choice of Sugiyama, his previous roles didn't make me think he could pull off a stoic protagonist - in the end I grew accustomed to him, but he changed my mental image of Shirou). I found the final episode pretty inspired too, with the VN throwbacks and the final Shirou-Saber conversation being high points.

Tsukihime anime... well, it had pretty music.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; February 2nd, 2014 at 07:49 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    It exists.
    Harsh reality is harsh

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    I barely could stand through one episode of Tsukihime anime. DEEN anime didn't seem awful, I even enjoyed some of the stuff in the first three episodes. I'm usually not much bothered with bad art style or animation and dropped it simply because "meh, it's just Fate route". Also watched Archer vs Berserker episode later and got some laughs and cringes out of it.
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    This wasn't in first 3 episodes then.
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

I don't like the F/SN anime as a fan of the VN. However, you will find countless people that do love it. Either people that don't care about anything beyond the anime or people that got introduced to Type-Moon through it. Recent ports of the VNs and the Fate/Zero anime have changed this but for a long time the majority of people knew of Fate only through that anime and they were fine with this. Find any non-TM forum talking of F/SN from 2006-2011 or so and you'll no doubt find only people praising or discussing the anime. DEEN's adaptations of Higurashi and Umineko have similar situations, people who loved the VNs hated them but people who didn't "know better" tended to like them.

Nobody liked the Tsukihime anime. It was just a straight-up horrible anime on it's own and a laughable adaptation. It's on a whole different level than the DEEN stuff.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I feel I might as well get over my previous bias of DEEN anime and watch it.

And if I feel any unsatisfaction, I can always go back to reading the VN again.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    If you see the anime you don't need to read the VN/LN. Worked for me with every Type Moon franchise so far. And if source material is too much work just read some fanfiction instead!

Take a step back, yo MissingMandible's Avatar
    I read through Tsukihime's VN first, then tried to watch the anime. I thought that this is the internet, everybody blows everything out of proportion. But I was wrong! DEAR GOD, I WAS WRONG!

Blog Entries
    I didn't think it was all that bad. Thought it really got a bad rap.

Still kinda do, though I don't have any love for it anymore now that I read the VN.

It got a few of my friends into Tsukihime, one of them started reading the VN after watching it.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    ^^^Truly a standard we should all emulate.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Rowanism's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Nobody liked the Tsukihime anime. It was just a straight-up horrible anime on it's own and a laughable adaptation. It's on a whole different level than the DEEN stuff.
    Assertions. You have like 0 right to speak for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanism View Post
    NOBODY

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanism View Post
    You're Nobody? Isn't multi-accounting against da rulez?

:3

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    NOBODY
    I...did...like?

*Hides behind the shield*

Quote Originally Posted by 012yArthur0 View Post
    I...did...like?

*Hides behind the shield*
    Kill the killer.
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause: there's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life;