Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Thread: Tsukihime Anime thread

Oh, someone revived the thread to shit in JC Staff Tsukihime? Lemme join.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I feel that Shiki finding out about the eight years ago stuff wandering around the woods was pretty nicely done. What truly gets me is the arbitary changes.
    - Shiki's knife is no longer a switchblade for no reason and it's one of a pair the other of which Roa is using because uhhhh couldn't tell you I guess to set up a parallel of some sort? But it also does not explain SHIKI's circumstances nearly at all
    - Ciel now uses the Lance of Longinus for no reason
    - Akiha is now a pyromancer for no reason

It's not enough to not feature cool parts of the novel, things must be actively changed. I want to say there is more stuff that happened in the show that was changed, especially about the ending, and I'm mentally blocking the memories.

- Dull atmosphere (feels lifeless, monotone, emotionless). Everything feels...sad.
    - Sub-par animation even for the JC Staff of the time.
    - Low than average desings (damn only Arcuied looks kinda good, at that in the cost of her personality, that is not my Arcuied. The rest looks...large)
    - Nero reduced to a mob.
    - Nero battle suffers...a lot. Can't even be called a battle: No info in WHAT is him, only see that a evil vampire. I don't even remember if they mentioned his name. One-shotted by a normal Shiki. Not evil Dinosaurs, evil reindeers, crocodiles(? don't remember), or Final Transformation (whatever is called). Not Nanaya.
    - Not rapist Shiki, because don't fucking is have somekind to insign of Shiki mind and his struggle.
    - Suddenly Amusement Park episode + Onsen episode...what? fucking shit are you for fucking real? in the middle of the situation and in this kind of story?
    - Not Satsujinki.
    - Not even the try to make a properly presentation of Marble Phantasm. The eyes of Arcueid shine and SHIKI blows. Not even a try.
    - Not Roa.

This is only the things I remember, maybe I'm remembering some things wrong.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    I feel that Shiki finding out about the eight years ago stuff wandering around the woods was pretty nicely done. What truly gets me is the arbitary changes.
    - Shiki's knife is no longer a switchblade for no reason and it's one of a pair the other of which Roa is using because uhhhh couldn't tell you I guess to set up a parallel of some sort? But it also does not explain SHIKI's circumstances nearly at all
    - Ciel now uses the Lance of Longinus for no reason
    - Akiha is now a pyromancer for no reason

It's not enough to not feature cool parts of the novel, things must be actively changed. I want to say there is more stuff that happened in the show that was changed, especially about the ending, and I'm mentally blocking the memories.
    Didn't Akiha always use fire? But it was like, through her hair or something.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    she sucks life force/ "heat" with her hair and its depicted as kinda fire-like sometimes but its not fire per se, like she cant burn down a house.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    In the remake she'll literally turn her hair into fire and burn the mansion to the ground.
    burn your dread you coward

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    - Dull atmosphere (feels lifeless, monotone, emotionless). Everything feels...sad.
    - Sub-par animation even for the JC Staff of the time.
    - Low than average desings (damn only Arcuied looks kinda good, at that in the cost of her personality, that is not my Arcuied. The rest looks...large)
    - Nero reduced to a mob.
    - Nero battle suffers...a lot. Can't even be called a battle: No info in WHAT is him, only see that a evil vampire. I don't even remember if they mentioned his name. One-shotted by a normal Shiki. Not evil Dinosaurs, evil reindeers, crocodiles(? don't remember), or Final Transformation (whatever is called). Not Nanaya.
    - Not rapist Shiki, because don't fucking is have somekind to insign of Shiki mind and his struggle.
    - Suddenly Amusement Park episode + Onsen episode...what? fucking shit are you for fucking real? in the middle of the situation and in this kind of story?
    - Not Satsujinki.
    - Not even the try to make a properly presentation of Marble Phantasm. The eyes of Arcueid shine and SHIKI blows. Not even a try.
    - Not Roa.

This is only the things I remember, maybe I'm remembering some things wrong.
    At least the comedy is pretty good, (in a "so bad, it's good" kind of way)...

Last edited by GarlandGreene; January 5th, 2021 at 02:20 AM.

This plus MUGEN were my first contacts with Type-Moon , though it's a bad adaptation, I still cherish it in strange way.

The OST is godly tho'.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Having vampire Sion bite Megaman Zero is the oddest thing ever. Not sure if battery acid and robot oil make for good sustenance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    This [cut] were my first contacts with Type-Moon
    Same...

I still cherish it in strange way.
    Not sure if I can say same after rewatching it a few days ago. I spoiled the memory entirely

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    They made Shiki more punchable than DEEN Shirou.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    They made Shiki more punchable than DEEN Shirou.
    How so?

Blog Entries
    Any chance for a remake anime?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is nothing to remake
    don't quote me on this

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Maybe after a few years, anime with the Tsukihime Remake cast and a few years after that Tsukihime ELITE using existing and new animated content
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Tsukihime elite lmfao oh no. Thankfully only one person on this planet is wack enough to think thats a good idea, and he doesnt work at type-moon or aniplex.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If ufotable were to do a Tsuki anime, do you think they'd go for a Ceil route or a Far Side? Too bad they'd probably skip Arc for the same reason they did Saber.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Would be nice if they take some liberties and have it focus more on Ciel, since her route only branched from Arcueid's near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    If ufotable were to do a Tsuki anime, do you think they'd go for a Ceil route or a Far Side? Too bad they'd probably skip Arc for the same reason they did Saber.
    Can say it's not the same case but I can't explain why, sorry. Maybe only my bias of Arcuied>>>>>>>>Saber. Aside of that Far Side routes are more suited as movie material.
    Last edited by ballinamon; January 8th, 2021 at 01:21 AM.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Statute of limitations? Or rather - it's just been a really really long time since Tsukihime was touched.

It's not had an anime, a republish edit of that anime into three parts, several VN rereleases on other platforms, I think Fate route was made free also? I just don't think the factors that made them skip the 'first route' for UBW exist here.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.