Thread: Ico

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries

Ico

So I just found a copy of Ico at Best Buy for $10 and I figure we should have an Ico thread.

So....talk.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Marth; April 29th, 2011 at 11:39 PM.

You should have waited and then bought the Ico and Shadow of Colossus Collection. Unless you don't have a PS3, in which case... good job.

Anyway, thoughts on the game can be summed up fairly simply: It had an absolutely marvelous atmosphere, but the gameplay bored me quite quickly.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    I don't think you understand, even though it'll be re-released(and I will get that version) I found a PERFECT version of the PS2 game for $10 with the instruction booklet and all. It's a collectors item at this point, like my copy of Ogre Battle 64 or my old copy of March of the Black Queen(which I don't have....;_; )

Considering you can easily find it in mint condition online for retail price... No, I don't really understand. It's nothing like Ogre Battle 64, or god forbid, Suikoden 2.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    You kidding me? I've looked online, lowest price I can find used is $70(aside from e-bay) and the only new I've seen is $160

EDIT: Only place I can find that's selling it cheap is JJ Games which is also selling Ogre Battle 64 for the same price. I don't trust them.

Amazon Marketplace.

From a quick check of the NEW option, there are bunches of overpriced ones, but there are currently three different sellers for $60 plus shipping with over 95% approval from hundreds of ratings. You get about five more options for $70 plus shipping. Used all are under $30, with varying descriptions and conditions, but at least 5 specifically mention having the original box and manual while also having at least 'good' condition.

You definitely got a steal of a deal for it, but I don't consider a mint condition Ico anywhere near the level of rarity as Ogre Battle 64 or whatnot.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    *looks*

....Huh, you're right.

EDIT: But looking at OB there are tons at about the same price.

For mint condition? Where!

OB64 is $120 at minimum on Amazon Marketplace, and depending on what console you get it for, MotBQ can vary from... $30-50 on the SNES (Used, of course, there aren't any mint condition SNES games anymore) to $200~350 on the PS1. Just from checking the current prices and my vague remembrances of looking around before. Used, yeah, they're better priced. But ones with the case and manual will probably be around $80 or at minimum for the PS1.

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    I see a like new for $40. But yeah, for new it's $120. There's a "collectible" for $50 on here that's like new, for whatever that's worth.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I win, I bought Ico soon after it came out...curiosity of youth paid off in spades.

It also traumatized me~
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"