Page 329 of 441 FirstFirst ... 229279319324327328329330331334339379429 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ The anime adaptation for Phantom Blood was a bit rough, but once you hit Battle Tendency you really see David Production hit their stride in bringing the awesomeness of Jojo to life.

----
    Watched "The Ryuou's Work is Never Done!", the shogi anime from a few seasons back. Keika-san is waifu for laifu. <3

Very entertaining, the final arc in particular reminded me of the Kyoto arc from March Comes in like a Lion. Anyways, I already picked up the first Volume of the original LN and shall continue onwards.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I know the pacing is way too fast for a manga adaption.

But ironically, it worked better for me. It really compliments with how absurd the show was and makes them more entertaining.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    Lul I believe it's the first time they'd ever mentioned Japan in LoGH.

While worse than Sweaty Men in Space and Kircheis' Vacation at the Recap Station, it would have been an alright arc if it lasted only 2 episodes long.
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Young Reinhard is too moe moe kyun I can never get over it
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    ^ The anime adaptation for Phantom Blood was a bit rough, but once you hit Battle Tendency you really see David Production hit their stride in bringing the awesomeness of Jojo to life.

----
    Watched "The Ryuou's Work is Never Done!", the shogi anime from a few seasons back. Keika-san is waifu for laifu. <3

Very entertaining, the final arc in particular reminded me of the Kyoto arc from March Comes in like a Lion. Anyways, I already picked up the first Volume of the original LN and shall continue onwards.
    i love Ryuo, been buying on Bookwalker

fuck I need to finish finale

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Young Reinhard is too moe moe kyun I can never get over it
    Yea he's lovely, but the old one also has his cute moments. Also I like how his hair intakes sometimes look heart shaped
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    JOJO:

STROOONHEEEEIIIIIMMMMUUUU

How this guy transforms from Nutzi into a cool guy in a single episode is amazing.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Steins;Gate 0 anime is a tremendous mess, but somehow I can't stop watching.

My wife is loving the heavy drama, while I just want the sad scientist to cheer up.
    don't quote me on this

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's Steins; Gate so we'll probably be waiting until episode 24 for that and have to go thorough a Seihei-kun Self Appendectomy scene first.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    MACHO PSYCHOLOGIST
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    owo wot's this

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The Memorandum of Okitegami Kyoko
    canon finish apo vol 3

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    The Memorandum of Okitegami Kyoko
    Noice. I've been reading the LNs myself. <3
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Hmhmm, I see, danke~

I finished D.Gray Man Hallow. Finally.

Spoiler:
    So in the end, Allen left the Black Order. After all the business with Alma, he was held in a cell until a strange bishop managed to knock out all the guards in his cell. The bishop revealed himself as Apocryphos, an autonomous-type of Innocence that guards the Heart innocence and tried to absorb him. Tyki, Road and the Third Exorcists then unexpectedly saved him from Apocryphos and helped him escape the island.
    As it turns out, General Cross was searching for the host of the Fourteenth for 30 years, (he looks really good for his age), before he met Allen. Which doesn't really add up considering how old Allen is. Since there's no body, I still doubt he's dead.

Man, I didn't actually think Kanda survived after the fight with Alma. His Anti-Akuma Weapon became a Crystal type just like Lenalee's. The only reason he came back to the Order was to help Allen. Allen going so far for him and Alma changed him and his opinion on Allen. Kanda actually regrets not telling Chief Komui about the signs of the Fourteenth taking over Allen in Paris, and now I wish he did. Even so, Allen is determined to not let himself be swallowed by the Fourteenth, while still acting as an Exorcist on his own and dodging Apocryphos. Walking on his own path.

Okay, I won't lie. I hate how the majority of the anime was the Alma Arc. It's not that it was boring, it's just not a lot happened. There wasn't much action overall. I also just hate how right after Allen's Innocence became so powerful that it could action destroy the Noah without killing them, this Fourteenth crap just made it's way into the plot. If Allen didn't have the Fourteenth's memories, he would be a General right now, gold coat and everything. It just seems like he just got back his Innocence and was doing so well, and then things went horrible for him. He isn't really sure where he belongs.

I also don't like how the Order was looking towards the end. The Noah and the Akuma are mass murderers, the people at the top of the Order might not be great, but the people at the front lines, the Exorcists and those who aid them, they're good people. I wish Allen would have believed in his friends.

I found out about this series in a old Shonen Jump magazine that I bought used from the local library back when they were still making them in print. There was like a slip of paper that you'd find in a dvd that showed a visual from the first season with a summary on the back. I was interested and maybe a few months later, the first two seasons showed up at the library. I just loved it, I heard there were more seasons and I was sad when I found out the last two weren't licensed. I still have it today, it features a story that had Allen and the others dealing with members of the Order turning into zombies because of Komui. It was pretty fun, and I was hoping that would have adapted, but it wasn't.

I've also started to read old interviews that Katsura Hoshino gave to try to get a sense of how the series got where it is right now.
    Like this one.

All in all, D.Gray Man Hallow could have better. It should have had more episodes, I think it was wrong to adapt what I heard was 90 chapters in 12 episodes. This just makes me afraid for Muhyo and Roji's.

As for D.Gray Man itself, it's good. I think it's probably better to read the manga in this case, then watch the anime. I haven't given up on the series, and I still intend to follow it until the end.

Now what to watch now? Fate/Extra Last Encore? Or maybe I'll start to watch Durarara again since I never finished the first anime. There are what, 2 new seasons since then of it?
    Last edited by Laserman; August 21st, 2018 at 12:20 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Will Benio finally be relevant again?

also lol at kamui blanco unlocking the power of love
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I just finished Overlord season one.

I think I wanted to like it more than I ultimately did. It worked best as a comedy of errors in the same vein as One Punch Man, but Overlord takes itself just a little too seriously at times. The final battle of the season was a welcome change of pace, as Ainz couldn't just power level his way through it. He had to fight smarter, not harder -- even if he still had a bunch of overpowered cheat items on hand.

I'll probably pick up season 2 pretty soon, but I can only give it about a 7/10 right now.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you thought season 1 was too self serious, you're really going to be disappointed in season 2.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    I like this isekai where the girl reincarnates into an otome game as the rival character because instead of being super competent and overpowered she’s just a dummy