Page 372 of 441 FirstFirst ... 272322362367370371372373374377382422 ... LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,440 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    pls don't spread lies

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Uh... I feel like I'm missing a joke there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    How far do you need to go to be "Themed"? Princess Ressurection has a werewolf wandering biker/ bodyguard for a main character, along with a Phoneix, a vampire and with other supernatural critters filling out the monster of the week roles.

Or there's Dance in the Vampire Bund, which is basically about vampires coming out and the werewolf who's the bodyguard/childhood friend of the Vamp Princess. Also the anime is done by SHAFT.

Or if you want the trashiest of trashy fun check out Killing bites, which is basically furry Battle Royale. MC is a badger but there's all sorts there.
    Hm, Dance in the Vampire Bund actually seems very interesting! Thanks for the recs!

Finished the 1st half of Alicization War for the Underworld. I for the most part like it because SAO finally made an actual effort to give screentime and characterization to people other than Kirito.

Too bad that it also worsened Alice by immediately turning her into another haremette even though she only knew Kirito for a single night. Being a vegetable must be really hot in her eyes.

I admit to also feeling a bit betrayed because I allowed myself to believe for second that Gabriel/Subtilizer/Vecta wasn’t going to be another over-the-top cartoony villan based on his intial professional demeanor . And then he orgasms from choking a chick to death...

God this show is so fucking entertainingly stupid as hell.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    WOLF
    GUY
    WOLFEN
    CREST
    I see you are also a man of culture.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Uh... I feel like I'm missing a joke there.
    Rape Namek is no joke.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hey, this Ei-Chan/Takuma dynamic is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Rape Namek is no joke.
    ...So, something like "30 episodes of people being raped"?

Blog Entries
    Honestly, it only really felt like that because the manga was serialised in Young Champion so you only got a chapter every two months.

It's really not that long a sequence if you binge the entire manga now that it's finished.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Honestly, it only really felt like that because the manga was serialised in Young Champion so you only got a chapter every two months.

It's really not that long a sequence if you binge the entire manga now that it's finished.
    I read it after it had been completed, so I had the "luxury" of blazing through it. It still felt like it lasted forever.

It's just not that good either way. The artwork is fantastic, but it's wasted on a series that would have faded into obscurity if not for the shock factor.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

Blog Entries
    Bah, hard disagree.

WOLF

GUY

WOLFEN

CREST
    Your suggestion was bad and you should feel bad.

Still, there was one good point: you know when Inugami turns into a white werewolf right before killing Haguro, and Haguro was all "You're so beautiful, I want to be one with you"? The scanlator added a note which said something like "When did this manga turn so gay?". Apparently he missed when the narration explicitly compared Haguro's feelings for Inugami to *falling in love*, or when we were told AND shown *he got hard thinking about Inugami*.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of Tabata-Yugo, I've been reading the Ninja Slayer manga and it is awesome. Over the top action, gore and wacky out of place humour.

I loves it.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    my work here is done
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Been rewatching JoJo on Netflix lately. Just got up to part 2 (episode 10) today. Joseph is as fun a protagonist as I remembered. His goofiness fits JoJo's campy tone way better than Jonathan's overly earnest seriousness... Though, you definitely have to suspend some major disbelief for some of the shit he pulls. Whipping out a tommygun and opening fire on Straizo in the middle of a restaurant? He's lucky no innocent bystanders got killed (even given he probably pulled some Sherlock Holmes nonsense to predict where the patrons were standing and made sure the bullets avoided them). Irena as a badass old lady was also nice to see. I mean, she's the only person who even scares Joseph...

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Did I tell anybody here about Chainsaw Man? Ah, well, nevermind, don't read Chainsaw Man, it's weird. Read SpyxFamily instead.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Aw, man, I love Chainsaw Man. It's weird, but it is exactly my kind of weird. I can see how it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I still think it's a shame that it doesn't get more love.

But I'll agree that SpyxFamily is absolutely amazing. It's easily my favorite ongoing manga right now. Everyone should read it.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

夜属 Nightkin Irrelevant Passerby's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Chainsaw Man is pretty great. I agree that it's understandable why some people wouldn't enjoy it, especially if ridiculous gore isn't your cup of tea, but I really do think that the manga has a lot more to offer than just gratuitous violence. The blood and over-the-top action are fun of course, but what really keeps me engaged with the story are moments like Denji losing faith in his dreams after getting to second base for the first time, but then regaining it after learning that an emotional connection is what makes sexual encounters fulfilling.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    It has its good moments, for sure, but all in all I'm honestly not sure if I can recommend it to anyone not under the influence of copious amounts of drugs.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finished S1 of Magi. It was a fun show but hoo boy, the ending took a turn for the nonsensical. Trippy flashbacks that make no sense, confusing fantasy terminology thrown around without context (who/what is "Alma Torran"?) new characters we've never seen before who only appear for like ~5 seconds... I don't know if it was any clearer in the manga but this was a bit of a mess. It frankly felt like they included a bunch of stuff that'd normally show up later in the story just to wink at manga-readers who are looking forward to future content, but for a first-time viewer it's a little annoying. Oh well, as I said I still enjoyed the ride. Looking forward to S2!

On a more positive sidenote, this show's view on fate is quite interesting. In trying to fight against fate you actually get obsessed by it, whereas by accepting fate and just living your life you can be free. It's an unusual take that I don't recall seeing in any series before, anime/manga or otherwise. More commonly you get shows where "fighting fate" (damn the costs) is treated as an unequivocal good thing.