Page 384 of 441 FirstFirst ... 284334374379382383384385386389394434 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,680 of 8802

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Zeta Gundam starts off pretty good.
    It's a tale as old as time, get told have a girls name and cause multiple governments to fall.

Man, Zeta is so fucking good. Jarid, Four, Haman, Quattro and his frenemy, Emma. All great characters.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    A lot of stuff from Zeta end up becoming the foundation to the rest of the series, after all.

Yugioh Vrains episodes 97-102: Lightning continues to be responsible for everything, revealing he set the Knights of Hanoi against SOL Tech by infecting Ryoken's father with a virus. His son obviously thought the company he worked did it to him to keep him from shutting down his work, when Lightning was the real culprit. In a duel that results in Varis XYZ summoning Borrelload eXcharge Dragon, he had it won until Lightning pulled a Marik and fused himself with Jin and revealed he had Spectre's data in him too. If he was deleted, they would be gone as well. Varis called off the attack after being persuaded by Playmaker, and Bohman actually steps in and takes back the hostages' data so the duel will be fair. Unfortunately, Lightning was able to turn the duel into a draw.

And Bohman and Playmaker start their final duel. Bohman called on his Link 5 monster fueled by the captives on Link Vrains and it took Ai stepping up in the end to stop that and give Playmaker the power to summon Firewall Dragon Darkfluid. And that finally ends season 2.

Normally, I'd say a Yugioh series would have 5 openings, and this has 3. The third one is only shown in the last season, and this series is shorter than the other ones. Like what's up with that?

I know who the final villian of Yugioh Vrains is, but I still can't believe it though. It's kind of funny, and I want to see where they go with it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just finished episode 10 of Gleipnir. The most compassionate person can turn ruthless to protect those that they care about. In other words, passion is the path to the dark side, but you know what? That's great. "Assassinating the gang leader is wrong; we're better than them." Then proceeds to use poison pollen/smoke on the entire gang banking on the gang leader hesitating to escape the poison out of concern for his gang. Beautiful.

Digimon Adventure Kizuna, I watched it with my friends. They all think capitalism is going to keep milking s1 even after the movie. I can't dispute the claim.

Wait, now I think about it, s2 end is canon, no? This means it's true. The ending becomes somewhat meanless then.
    Last edited by SteelBeowulf; January 25th, 2021 at 12:13 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBeowulf View Post
    They all think capitalism is going to keep milking s1 even after the movie. I can't dispute the claim.

They're already doing it, there's a Digimon Adventure reboot airing right now.

Caught up on Yashahime and am also just as many episodes deep on Inuyasha: The Final Act. Yashahime feels a bit too derivitive at time and I'm surprised that it doesn't look better than The Final Act despite coming out 10+ years later.

As for the Final Act, its pacing is all sorts of wacked out, with characters getting killed off and new powers being obtained at the speed of sound. And you could make a drinking game out of the sheer amount of redundant dialouge that gets spewed each episode. Alot of the dialouge come across as Takahashi making shit up on the spot as well(which I believe really was the case).

I think what bothers me the most is The Final Act made a very late effort to try to give Inuyasha's compaions combat relevancy again but then keeps telling them to stay out of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    They're already doing it, there's a Digimon Adventure reboot airing right now.
    I'm wondering is the new reboot an AU or actual canonical rewrite.

Yugioh Vrains Episode 103: It was mostly a recap, but the best line I think came from Ryoken who asked Yusaku, "Can you say with 100% certainty that your Dark Ignis won't turn against you?". Of course he answered,"Yes.", but that question and answer are both going to be put to the test.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I started Digimon Adventure Season 2. I liked how it started showing how the original group of kids were doing now. I barely remember any of this compared to the first season, so most of this will be pretty new to me. They defeated Apocalymon, but now the Digimon Emperor is in the Digital World enslaving Digimon with his black rings. And something is keeping Digimon from Digivolving too. Of course, the exception to this is the new Armor Digivolution that Veemon went through.
    I thought it was a pretty good first episode.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sigdrifa Odin is basically the same as Warriors Orochi Odin.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We're getting bigger and bigger changes in the One Punch Man manga with respect to the webcomic as the story advances

last chapter
    [The man himself Blast has showed up in the present day! (midway through the monster association/garou arc, not in a flashback)]

[He seems to be a cool uncle Chad sort of guy.]

*teleports behind u*
    Last edited by aldeayeah; February 1st, 2021 at 05:30 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Can't wait for the "Records Of Ragnarok" anime, I hope it doesn't disappoint because the manga is SO good!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Gleipnir 11: Ah, there's nothing more refreshing than the villain slowly crawling away swearing vengeance, then the hero says "no, you won't", and then shoots him in the back.

Yugioh Vrains Episode 104: Ai wanted revenge on the Queen for destroying Earth, so he put himself into one of the Soltis androids and dueled her, beating her in a single turn. His mannerisms make it easy to tell it's him too. It's like he upgraded not just how looks, but his skills. Like when he was with Yusaku, he wasn't like Atem or Astral giving amazing dueling advice. But now...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ranger Reject has a really strong premise and the first chapter is pretty good, but

Spoiler:
    I'm almost disappointed because I REALLY liked the design of the Dragon Keepers and it doesn't seem like we'll see them that often.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Watching through Kamisama ni Natta Hi, I haven't finished it yet, but unlike a tragedy caused by an accident, such as Kanon, or a tragedy caused by natural causes, such as Clannad or Plastic Memories, this is a tragedy caused by malicious action by the powers that be, like in Air. As such, unlike in Kanon, Clannad, or Plastic Memories, I have little emotional room to feel sad. Why? Because that emotional room has already been filled with such infernal anger, as to make Uncle Vlad shudder in fright.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I got recommended Mashle recently. So far I'm digging the weird fusion of One Punch Man, Mob Psycho and Harry Potter, but I don't know if it can sustain itself. OPM manages it by fleshing out the background characters, and Mob has proper character development, but neither are showing in this one yet.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just watched "Cyber City OEDO 808".

Overall I enjoyed it quite a lot. Pretty much everything you can expect from Yoshiaki Kawajiri in the 90's. Kinda sad it was only 3 OVA episodes though, definitely felt like there was enough there that you could have stretched it out to a twelve episode series.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just watched "Miss Hokusai" and it was interesting to see another interpretation of Ōi.

For better or worse the film sticks faithfully to the episodic nature of the original manga and so it comes across as very slice-of-lifey with no connecting plot threads nor an overarching antagonist. Just a household of four artists going through life. As a result it's definitely not for everyone but I enjoyed it fair enough.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)