Page 398 of 441 FirstFirst ... 298348388393396397398399400403408 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,960 of 8804

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Bounts were filler, no wonder it was pain. I remember wondering why Uryu didn't shoot Jin with his overloading temporary spirit bow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    It's not like the Fullbring Arc was much better. The concepts were interesting, but the execution was so bad. And it didn't really get better from there, though the Thousand Year Blood Arc started out promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Bounts were filler, no wonder it was pain. I remember wondering why Uryu didn't shoot Jin with his overloading temporary spirit bow.
    Didn't he have no power at the time? Bounts were after he overloaded vs Mayuri, but before Arrancars and his dad training.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The Bounts arc gave him a spirit crossbow that broke after he used it too much. IIRC it was about to break when he had to make a HARD DECISION between shooting a monster holding a scientist waifu/mother figure hostage, killing both, or not shooting and blowing himself up. He shoots into the sky, the same sky that Jin the main antagonist of the arc is floating in, accomplishing nothing.
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Bount arc and Sub Captain Shusuke Amagai arc are really only good for observing Kubo's talent at never introducing one character where thirteen'll do.
    (Though to be fair, I never watched them in full myself so I can't really say how well they were handled).
    Last edited by Deathhappens; September 22nd, 2021 at 12:51 AM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Did Kubo even write the filler arcs?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, my opinion of Kubo as a writer is fairly low given that he is almost never able to follow through well on his starting good ideas. Apparently he's forgetful as hell, which doesn't help things.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

He definitely worked on the character designs. Don't think he directly wrote any of the scripts beyond Zanpakuto Unknown Tales though.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Since my computers in the shop getting a new battery, I'm stuck watching anime that are on Netflix rather than the new seasonal stuff. So, Kill la Kill is still great. Though the english dub fails to sub all the giant text walls. Sure everything there is being shouted out, but feels lacking to the fansubs from back in the day that just tossed it on the ruby text. I do wish Ryuko's evil mode had a long delinquent skirt rather than the bell bottoms in the same style.
    OST is still pure fire.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY OR YOUR MIND WE HAVE TO BE AS ONE DON'T BE AFRAID
    canon finish apo vol 3

Maybe one day I'll give it a second shot, but it will remain overrated garbage for me until then.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Reminder "overrated" and "underrated" are meaningless terms that only truly "I care too much about the opinions of other people and am asshurt that most opinions I see disagree with me"
    I'll use SAO as an example. Someone who dislikes it, maybe would see it as overrated because they think it doesn't deserve all the seasons, sales, and fan praise. Someone who likes it could see it as underrated because the fan thinks it doesn't deserve all the hate and complaints from youtubers and such. So, what is the truth? Why even care? Just say the show's great or shit or move on. Terms like underrated or overrated are meaningless and inherently attack to the opinions of those who disagree with you
    Last edited by bassgs435; September 22nd, 2021 at 11:05 AM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    I remember giving it a shot a couple of years ago, but it didn't really grab me and I dropped it around the half way mark.
    The same thing happened with Promare, but I didn't even last half an hour on that one.
    Ah shit I remember now it was the same with BNA.

I don't know what it is with me and Trigger shows. Ironically the one that I stuck with the longest was Franxx. Dropped that at ep 16.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Reminder "overrated" and "underrated" are meaningless terms that only truly "I care too much about the opinions of other people and am asshurt that most opinions I see disagree with me"
    This is not wrong on the level that all statements are fundamentally relative to their emitter- AKA, anything anyone says is purely subjective. However, we all care and interact with what others say, because that's the origin of any and all comunnication, collaboration, and coexistence. If people didn't actually get asshurt over other's opinions, we wouldn't have society as we know it. Not only that, it's rather useless to point this out.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I love two works of studio Trigger to death, but I don't think I'd watch a show just because Trigger made it. Loved, absolutely fucking adored Gurren Lagann, and Kill la Kill was pretty fire too. I only accompanied Franxx because it was *the* talk of the town in 2018 anime communities, and you either kept up with it or you didn't understand shit. Still, talking to people about it and seeing the different reactions was rather fun. The anime itself though, pretty shit.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    The thing is, this person has gone against me several times for my rants and asshurt at other people's opinions. Which is fair. But then, to use terms like overrated or underrated feels hypocritical. Like no different from what I do, just a single word instead of a whole rant. Still implying people who have different views on a show than he does are a problem
    When it comes to Trigger (not talking about their Gainax shows like TTGL and Panty and Stocking here)
    Inferno Cop hilarious
    KlK amazing
    LWA ovas fun
    LWA TV meh
    Kiznaiver good, could've been better
    DarliFra disaster
    Luluco fun
    Ninja Slayer great
    Promare amazing
    BNA mid
    Gridman and Dynazenon fucking great
    Inou-battle decent
    I like most of their shows, but won't blindly praise a show because Trigger. Still their name on a show will get me interested and I will at least check it out
    Last edited by bassgs435; September 22nd, 2021 at 06:15 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

People go against you because you take any minor disagreement way too personally and view it as an attack on your very self and way of life, and then you go on to say all sorts of nasty shit. I don't even feel like going into the stupid shit you also say in these rants.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Trigger, I've tried two of their anime, TTGL and Kill la Kill, and I couldn't stay with either because of the art style. That, and in TTGL, Kamina and Simon seemingly never realized the priest was killing the people who were chosen to go to the surface. That ticked me off for some reason, and I could not keep going.

Blog Entries
    Did you finish that episode?

Also, dude, if you go on a postwide rant because someone disagreed with you before, you're just adding fuel to the fire, and at that point, it doesn't matter who started it, the both are being shitty and should stop.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

I did finish that episode and couldn't go much further.

Also, I wasn't ranting, but I do admit to adding fuel to the fire.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I honestly enjoy when people disagree with my opinions, it let's me see how other view the same thing I do. Also being able to recognize flaws in your favourite things helps you push back against rabid fanboy-ism. Kill la Kill's art style is really weird when you compare it to even other Trigger shows, and the animation fluctuates between repeatings stills and huge area destructions. And the pacing is also pretty weird in the first half where you have the main fight with the villain in episode 4, then she just sits back and stays out of fights again until like episode 16.

These are all complaints I've heard about the show, but I look at them as unique things that I don't see elsewhere. Few shows are willing to turn their lack of animation or over the top nature into jokes. Or have the main antagonist face off against the hero so early in the show (outside of curbstomp flashbacks, at least). There is really nothing else like Kill la Kill.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    view it as an attack on your very self and way of life,
    is that uncommon among the denizens of the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

is that uncommon among the denizens of the internet
    No, no it isn't.