Page 379 of 440 FirstFirst ... 279329369374377378379380381384389429 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,580 of 8797

Thread: What are you reading/watching? AKA Anime/Manga General

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Binged the entire Seven Deadly Sins manga. I loved it and can't wait for the sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The first chapter of Volume 17 of Demon Slayer just had to have something like that happen... Why?
    Last edited by Laserman; October 7th, 2020 at 12:28 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Finished watching Argonaut. Matsuoka is strong and Orna jacked Aria's main heroine role. Crozzo was hype and Argonaut, Prince of Elcos was a great guy.

I should get around to reading the Sword Oratoria LNs some day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Goddamn awesome episode 31 of Great Mazinger
    Spoiler:
    . Harshest fight for our heroes yet. 3 Battle beasts crippling Great, Science Fortress left without their secret most powerful weapon, Ankoku Daishogun himself going to fight Great while missiles rain down on the Fortress. The heroes won, but it was hard.
    I really love the Mazinger franchise, man
    009-1 done. Good show 7/10. I love the idea of the MC being a cyborg spy with machinegun nipples, Now to watch Kikaider and then World Trigger
    Last edited by bassgs435; October 15th, 2020 at 10:40 AM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    The extremely random rec of the day: Shiboritoranaide, Onna Shounin-san! walks a very fine line between being lewd as all heck and comically parodying every JRPG OP item strat ever. But it has potential, I believe.

Unrelatedly, finally got to watch Burn The Witch. Other than Kubo Kuboing very Kubo-ly, I'm... pretty neutral towards it? I mean, it looked okay but honestly the atmosphere just didn't click the way first arc Bleach did. You can't have mock-Harry Pottery witches on not-brooms in Fantasy London AND urban punk designs, man, pick one. Bleach worked because everyone's alternative outfit was just robes.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Agravity Boys is funny, may Grislow never find the Gener-Diversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Was bored so I put on the deceptively titled "Ninja Scroll" movie (there are no Ninja Scrolls involved). I'm aware that's not the original JPN title but I wouldn't be able to poke fun at it otherwise.

A pretty entertaining action flick - nothing too complex that would require thinking, excellent for when you just need something to chill out to at the end of a long day. Very much a product of its time with the extreme gore and the bewbs. The fact that it's a dark fantasy about ninjas reminded me very much of what Sekiro might look like if it was an anime. Apparently the film is a massive homage to the novels by Futaro Yamada and Takeshi Narumi which has me curious to check them out now.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Was bored so I put on the deceptively titled "Ninja Scroll" movie (there are no Ninja Scrolls involved). I'm aware that's not the original JPN title but I wouldn't be able to poke fun at it otherwise.

A pretty entertaining action flick - nothing too complex that would require thinking, excellent for when you just need something to chill out to at the end of a long day. Very much a product of its time with the extreme gore and the bewbs. The fact that it's a dark fantasy about ninjas reminded me very much of what Sekiro might look like if it was an anime. Apparently the film is a massive homage to the novels by Futaro Yamada and Takeshi Narumi which has me curious to check them out now.
    I recommend both Wicked City and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust if you are looking for more dark action flicks by Kawajiri. Their stories aren't too much to write home about either but the unique and gorgeous art direction alongside their no-nonsense protagonists make them both fun to watch. Pretty good stuff.

Wicked City is hella pretty, but pretty light on the action.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Speaking of things that are "light", I put on Ponyo for tonight's watching.

Definitely a return to Miyazaki's more whimsical slice-of-life style like Totoro, which probably isn't everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The animation was fantastic especially given none of it was apparently done on a computer. I did wince slightly at Ponyo's birth name being Brynhildr but thankfully the story had a happier ending. I certainly smiled at her leitmotif being a pastiche of Ride of the Valkyries.

Non Non Biyori done. Comfy show about girls living in a countryside village with little population. Really soothing SoL. Ren-chon's adorable. Man, can't wait for S3
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of things that are "light", I put on Ponyo for tonight's watching.

Definitely a return to Miyazaki's more whimsical slice-of-life style like Totoro, which probably isn't everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The animation was fantastic especially given none of it was apparently done on a computer. I did wince slightly at Ponyo's birth name being Brynhildr but thankfully the story had a happier ending. I certainly smiled at her leitmotif being a pastiche of Ride of the Valkyries.
    ooooooooh

I felt explicit Little Mermaid stuff but I totally forgot about that.
    Huh

Finished Great Mazinger, and with it a long time goal of mine of watching both Z and Great. That was really fun and really great. Loved it
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Thinking it was a children's movie, I put on "Giovanni's Island" for tonight's viewing.

It even started out with the children happily playing on the island and I was like "awwww..." until the Soviets came and the children started dying and I was like "ooohhhh...".

At least the ending was sorta hopeful if not incredibly bittersweet. That was at least better than the crushing depression of something like Grave of the Fireflies. I still cried an awful lot during the film though. T_T

Blog Entries
    I was waiting for somebody to say something so I wouldn't end up double posting but y'all be sleeping on anime it seems so here I go, rapid fire!

Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms - Hmm...mixed feelings on this one. On the one hand it's great to see a straight fantasy anime made again in this cursed era of Isekai and the setting was genuinely interesting with some emotional moments that got to me. But the characters and the plot really needed more time to be fleshed out - in fact this story would have been much better served as a TV drama rather than a film. It's a shame really, I expect much better from Mari Okada but I think pulling double duty as Director and Writer for the first time stretched her too thinly across both roles. Hopefully she leans from this and improves in the future.

Grimgar: Fantasy and Ash - I can't prove it, but I really feel as though the original author wanted to write a straight fantasy series but the publisher told him/her to make in an Isekai. Thus we practically have an Isekai in name only as while a bunch of humans were sent to Grimgar, they were also made amnesiacs so none of the typical Isekai tropes come into play. Anyways, I really did like the series but it suffers the typical "just twelve episodes now go read the source material" of modern anime. Also I heard there was executive meddling where the staff were forced to put in large amounts of insert songs to the point where the actors were complaining about lines they recorded being cut to fit in the musical montages which is sad. But despite that I enjoyed the show and am looking into seeing if I can get my hands on the novels.

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion - One of the best shows I've seen in a while, though not for the faint of heart given the subject matter. Surprisingly timely as I've also been playing "Ghost of Tsushima" at the same time so it's interesting to see the two different takes on the topic. I hear some people were put off by the special "filter" they used for the show but I found myself quite liking it. The characters were all very colourful and I wish we got to see more of them, but I totally understand that had it been longer than twelve episodes then the tension of the war only lasting a few days would probably be undermined. Overall definitely a recommend and I'll be checking out the manga too.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The most memorable thing about Anglemois for me was that weird paper filter they put over the whole show. If they had just kept it to backgrounds only it would have been a nice style choice, but the fact it's over everything, completely static makes it look lazy instead.

It is basically just Ghost of Tsushima though.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    It is basically just Ghost of Tsushima though.
    Uh...no?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I was waiting for somebody to say something so I wouldn't end up double posting but y'all be sleeping on anime it seems so here I go, rapid fire!
    *nervous glance at the VN and LN thread* h-haha imagine doubleposting, couldnt be me

Show by Rock S1 done. Interesting idea combning an isekai save the world plot with a band plotline. It was fun. Great characters, and great music.
    Done with SB69 Short. Funny shorts that give you some additional characterization and info on the characters. Now, having watched Mashu when it aired, all I need is S2 to be ready for Stars next season
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms - Hmm...mixed feelings on this one. On the one hand it's great to see a straight fantasy anime made again in this cursed era of Isekai and the setting was genuinely interesting with some emotional moments that got to me. But the characters and the plot really needed more time to be fleshed out - in fact this story would have been much better served as a TV drama rather than a film. It's a shame really, I expect much better from Mari Okada but I think pulling double duty as Director and Writer for the first time stretched her too thinly across both roles. Hopefully she leans from this and improves in the future.

Grimgar: Fantasy and Ash - I can't prove it, but I really feel as though the original author wanted to write a straight fantasy series but the publisher told him/her to make in an Isekai. Thus we practically have an Isekai in name only as while a bunch of humans were sent to Grimgar, they were also made amnesiacs so none of the typical Isekai tropes come into play. Anyways, I really did like the series but it suffers the typical "just twelve episodes now go read the source material" of modern anime. Also I heard there was executive meddling where the staff were forced to put in large amounts of insert songs to the point where the actors were complaining about lines they recorded being cut to fit in the musical montages which is sad. But despite that I enjoyed the show and am looking into seeing if I can get my hands on the novels.

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion - One of the best shows I've seen in a while, though not for the faint of heart given the subject matter. Surprisingly timely as I've also been playing "Ghost of Tsushima" at the same time so it's interesting to see the two different takes on the topic. I hear some people were put off by the special "filter" they used for the show but I found myself quite liking it. The characters were all very colourful and I wish we got to see more of them, but I totally understand that had it been longer than twelve episodes then the tension of the war only lasting a few days would probably be undermined. Overall definitely a recommend and I'll be checking out the manga too.
    Grimgar was great.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single